Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Saved by creepin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Banner Comics #3 (1941)

Adventures into the Unknown! #58 (1954)

Super-Villain Team-Up #6 (1976)

Tales from the Crypt #1 (1991)

Black Dynamite #3 (2014)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol I was not aware of a black dynamite comic

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
They weren't real concerned with balancing the stakes in the different stories back in the Strange Tales days, it would appear.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

They weren't real concerned with balancing the stakes in the different stories back in the Strange Tales days, it would appear.

This is what playing a Yakuza game feels like.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Strange Tales era Dr Strange is amazing, there's like an 8 issue arc where he keeps freeing bigger and more terrible cosmic threats in order to help him defeat the previous terrible cosmic threat he just freed. Like a metaphysical Old Woman who swallowed a fly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"That's the beautiful part; when winter time rolls around, Dormammu simply freezes to death."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

"That's the beautiful part; when winter time rolls around, Dormammu simply freezes to death."

If I remember correctly the first one was him freeing Una (Dormammu's sister) in order to defeat Dormammu.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #10 (1941)

Journey into Mystery #25 (1955)

Spidey Super Stories #22 (1977)

Duckman #2 (1994)

X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever #1 (2016)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
X-Force #14: the X-Men are being forced to take part in increasingly silly challenges as part of a magic contest

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #13 (1941)

Superboy #55 (1957)

Power Man #59 (1979)

The Amazing Scarlet Spider #2 (1995)

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #3 (2017)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

(Sex Criminals #8)

I wonder if they changed it in the collected edition. Also the comic name is sadly very apt for that narration box.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vincent posted:

(Sex Criminals #8)

I wonder if they changed it in the collected edition. Also the comic name is sadly very apt for that narration box.

I looked it up because I thought Sex Criminals was more recent than when Hannibal Buress' bit went viral, but it started almost a year before, so that panel probably came out just a couple months before.

Trade changes it to "Reginald VelJohnson of kink." Al from Die Hard and the dad from Family Matters if you don't recognize the name immediately.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Looks like they left it in the digital edition on comiXology (I know IDW had updated their files when Sophie Campbell changed her name, so publishers can fix things like that).

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I looked it up because I thought Sex Criminals was more recent than when Hannibal Buress' bit went viral, but it started almost a year before, so that panel probably came out just a couple months before.
Oh no, yeah, the comic came before the Cosby crimes came to light. It's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #22 (1941)

Strange Tales #82 (1961)

What If? #43 (1984)

Green Goblin #1 (1995)

Slapstick #4 (2017)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Darthemed posted:

What If? #43 (1984)

I have so many questions

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

I have so many questions

Most of them are answered with "Conan found himself stranded in modern New York, and acclimated surprisingly well."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Kurui Reiten posted:

Most of them are answered with "Conan found himself stranded in modern New York, and acclimated surprisingly well."

Clearly Conan believes in the Bootstrap theory of economics.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Question IRL posted:

Clearly Conan believes in the Bootstrap theory of economics.

"If I garrote them with their bootstraps, I can take their pimp hat"?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Whiz Comics #22 (1941)

This is true, and tree(tree(3)) U̒̏̉̽̿͗ͥ̔̍͂ͩͫ͜͏̞̲̫̹͍̱̰͎̳͉̗̰̟̀͡N̷̲̳̟̥̳̺̦͙ͨ̌ͫͥ̆̿ͧͤ͋̍̄̓̈̉̇͂̆̕̕͢͝K̵̭͍̣͖͍̠͈̖̳͚̞̹̘͉̟̾̒̂̇̌ͧͣ̐͆̓ͤ͟N̷̪̭̠̘̠͖̺̟͎̣͉͎̤̦̪͖̏̑͗̒ͮ̓ͮ̐̍͋̆͊ͮ̊̿̂͂ͧ͞O̧̳̬̼̩͉̓̅ͯͮͤ́̕Ẃ̴̤͇̥̤͖̫̺͈̙͉͕̣͆̆̔̆ͮ͒̊ͦ̾̀̚̕͟N̮͖̲̳̝̱̬͍͕̦̯̯͎̭̐̋̍̄͌̆̎̀̚ ̔͂̐̌̑̌͆̅̀҉҉҉̭̝̪̹͕S̸̢̬̯̰͈̫̺̥̥̼̙͖͚̐̆̄͛͂ͭͯ̈́̅͐͒̿ͪ̾͆ͬ͛̑ͦ͘͢U̢͕͈̱̩͕̟̝̮͈̮͙̥̻̇͛̔̃̀̊̑ͤ͛͑͊͝͠B̡̬̗̻̪͓͖̬̰̩̺̳͍̮̪̭̣̻ͯ͋̇̿̋̄͊̄̔͆̑ͩ̄͒́̎̃͞ͅS̡̝̩̘̭̦̟̪̞̬͇̰͈̳̺̰̅ͣ̅ͦͤ̀̍ͩ̀̓͟ͅͅȚ̷͇̗̱͈͚̣̱̠͗̓̉̑̄̊́͘͜͞Ā̶̢̂̿̾ͬ̎͠͏̷̞͚͚̼̹̗̫̹͖̦͉̬̲̭̬̜N̸̵̙̣̩͓̱̬̤̻͕͔̳̪ͧ̓̍̉̔͌ͣ͊̄͂̈́̉̃͢C̶̢͓͔̰̥͍̺͉̋͐ͤͬ͒ͯͦ̃ͥͫͬͧ̒͒ͦ̎̕͢͠Ẹ̢͚͉̗̦͔͎̞͈̪͉͈̞̫̘̘̪́̉̈́̄̾͆̇͂͆ͦͮ̇ͦ͘͝Ş̮̺̗͎̫̩̹͈̘̙̤͕̺͈̫̩̊͒͑̿̓̑̌̊̀̀̀ͅ. Well, unknown to you, anyway.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

How else are you supposed to get the pee out if you don't peel it? :confused:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Atomic Comics #1 (1946)

Rocky and His Fiendish Friends #1 (1962)

Silver Surfer #10 (1988)

Spider-Man Team-Up #3 (1996)

Edge of Spider-Geddon #1 (2018)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Darthemed posted:

Silver Surfer #10 (1988)

Am I missing something?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just struck me as a rare instance of Galactus being personable outside of a Squirrel Girl story. Like 'The cosmos, am I right?'

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Reminds me of the little girl in Katamari Damacy when you shoot your ball into the sky.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Saoshyant posted:

I have so many questions

Well Conan only has one question for you, "Where's Conan's money?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSr9Yy4XqBc

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Saoshyant posted:

I have so many questions

Conan, what is best in life?

Get money, gently caress bitches, smoke trees.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

From Marvel 2. Spidey and Thing were fighting over a cannoli but Doom came out on top, as always.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Marvel Boy #2 (1951)

Fantastic Four #16 (1963)

Damage Control #2 (1989)
(He ends up using it)

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 9 (1997)

Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (2018)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

From Marvel 2. Spidey and Thing were fighting over a cannoli but Doom came out on top, as always.

Leave the archaic god from the depths of a black dimension. Take the cannoli.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 9 (1997)

I feel seen. As the bad mapmaker I mean.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

I feel seen. As the bad mapmaker I mean.

Seen but never located.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Darthemed posted:

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 9 (1997)

For the uninitiated, this is entirely Ryoga's schtick:

Ryoga Hibiki (響 良牙, Hibiki Ryōga) is Ranma's long-time primary rival, and the only one the latter has stated to truly consider as such. He has no sense of direction and is always lost on long strenuous journeys - traits he inherited from his parents. This caused him to be four days late for a duel he and Ranma had planned to fight, and Ranma left on the third day.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Toshimo posted:

For the uninitiated, this is entirely Ryoga's schtick:

Ryoga Hibiki (響 良牙, Hibiki Ryōga) is Ranma's long-time primary rival, and the only one the latter has stated to truly consider as such. He has no sense of direction and is always lost on long strenuous journeys - traits he inherited from his parents. This caused him to be four days late for a duel he and Ranma had planned to fight, and Ranma left on the third day.

Hey Ryoga has other shticks too, like turning into a pig and weaponizing his depression

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

thetoughestbean posted:

Hey Ryoga has other shticks too, like turning into a pig and weaponizing his depression

Yes, these are 2 superpowers I would like to have, but I'm stuck with only "no sense of direction". :negative:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I laughed, but idgi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!