Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

It feels like the cwverse is coming to an end

Nah we're just entering Phase 2 of the CW-CU.

...I was gonna make a joke about them introducing a bunch of streaming-only spinoff shows then I remembered there's both a Vixen and a Constantine animated series on CW's site so they beat Marvel to the punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Nah we're just entering Phase 2 of the CW-CU.

...I was gonna make a joke about them introducing a bunch of streaming-only spinoff shows then I remembered there's both a Vixen and a Constantine animated series on CW's site so they beat Marvel to the punch.

And you're forgetting about The Ray, who was also in the Earth X crossover with Nazi Supergirl and Nazi Oliver Queen (who took over for Hitler when Hitler died).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Don't actually care about crossovers now that Oliver is dead.

Ngl I thought the arrow parts of the crossovers were the strangest because its supergirl gets knocked across a parking lot by an alien and then you see John diggle shooting at one with a Glock a few seconds later lol

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If Cort doesn't join in the next crossover what's the point? The entire enjoyment would come from her trying to deal with the Legends and finding a big sister in Kara.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Legends of Tomorrow exists!

That's all that matters. Must have my time idiots

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

If Cort doesn't join in the next crossover what's the point? The entire enjoyment would come from her trying to deal with the Legends and finding a big sister in Kara.

I mean, we'll always have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXjABeTqmAg

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

And now I'm in a youtube hole of Oliver/Barry shipping and I can't say I'm upset at being there.

Edit: look at this poo poo, I love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCAwnAK4N5o

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 21, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Digital Jedi posted:

That's all that matters. Must have my time idiots

Courtney, being thick as two short planks herself, will get along famously with them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, as of today the Daredevil rights go back to Marvel Studios as the Netflix deal has expired. Not sure if this means the other Netflix shows are fair game too though.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

muscles like this! posted:

So, as of today the Daredevil rights go back to Marvel Studios as the Netflix deal has expired. Not sure if this means the other Netflix shows are fair game too though.

well, technically, Marvel always retained the rights, they just couldn't do anything with them in live action for the past two years

but anyway, I don't think the other characters revert until two years after the cancellation of their own respective series, at least based on what was reported in 2018

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

At this point so much has been pushed back for COVID I think it is going to be a good while before we see F4 or mutants in the MCU.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like Daredevil but I'm not itching to see him in the MCU, though I would love to see Kingpin in Spider-Man 3 good version.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah, I really liked Homecoming for the most part, but Far From Home really suffered from being too much MCU. I like my Spider-Man street level, and doesn't need gadgets and power suits. I'm afraid bringing DD into the MCU would lead to something similar happening.

Not to mention I'm really not a fan of the 5 year gap and that needing to be worked into every post Endgame movie and show.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yeah, I think Vigilante #17 and 18. Those issues are always included in the "Greatest Stories of Alan Moore" collected edition that has been reprinted with a few different titles.

I just got the one and only Vigilante TPB, reprinting #1-11. I'm still so curious about reading the whole series, but I have no interest in tracking down 40+ back issues from the mid-'80s.

I'm currently reading Chase, then I'll tackle Manhunter (the 2000s series, which I recently got all five TPBs of), and then I'll finally read that Vigilante volume.

Yo Manhunter was dope. Such a realistic, scuzzy universe I loved it and felt completely alone in doing so

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Medullah posted:

Not to mention I'm really not a fan of the 5 year gap and that needing to be worked into every post Endgame movie and show.
At the rate things are going, by the time we see another MCU film we'll be caught up to the time jump.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

At the rate things are going, by the time we see another MCU film we'll be caught up to the time jump.

The next one is a flashback!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actually you could use the shows to explore the snap in ways you couldn't with the movies since they are more street level affairs.

For example have Daredevil and The Punsher take place during the five years and be about how people dealt with the aftermath of the snap. And have Jessica Jones and Luke Cage be about how the people were snapped put their lives together.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 1, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

David D. Davidson posted:

Actually you could use the shows to explore the snap in ways you couldn't with the movies since they are more street level affairs.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping the Spider-Man sequel would do. :( But aside form the kid that grew up to be hot, the beginning "blip" story and Aunt May mentioning she got blipped too, that was it.

I really think there's a rich universe out there for showing the side effects, but it really seems like Disney wants to make it "Pretty much everything is the same!"

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Medullah posted:

Yeah, that's what I was hoping the Spider-Man sequel would do. :( But aside form the kid that grew up to be hot, the beginning "blip" story and Aunt May mentioning she got blipped too, that was it.

I really think there's a rich universe out there for showing the side effects, but it really seems like Disney wants to make it "Pretty much everything is the same!"

I dunno, I think part of the point of Far from Home, especially the ending, is to bring Peter back to the street. After flirting with Avengerhood in Homecoming and Infinity War, and being Tony's pseudo-heir in Far from Home, Mysterio's Last gently caress You is probably going to cut him off from the Avengers' resources and put him back on the street with the cops after him and JJJ calling him a menace. The only big change from his usual status quo will be having his identity made public, and I'm pretty curious what they're going to do with that!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe in the interim Peter threatens jjj with death drones to shut him up and/or he sells the system to pepper for a billion dollars and goes legit

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A show exploring superheroes dealing with a global* event that leaves the established world and social order in ruins and unprecedented numbers dead would be topical as hell right now but uuuh not so sure anyone's really gonna want to see it.

*more than global, yes, you know what I mean

Rhyno posted:

The next one is a flashback!
I was gonna be glib and say something like "gee I wonder how they're gonna work Tony Stark into it", checked wikipedia and haha they actually are

(Homecoming already had too much Tony, if you ask me. I get that Robert Downey Jr. was/is their MVP but late-stage MCU scripting was like WWE booking sometimes, no one gets to star unless it's as second fiddle to the designated main eventer.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jng2058 posted:

I dunno, I think part of the point of Far from Home, especially the ending, is to bring Peter back to the street. After flirting with Avengerhood in Homecoming and Infinity War, and being Tony's pseudo-heir in Far from Home, Mysterio's Last gently caress You is probably going to cut him off from the Avengers' resources and put him back on the street with the cops after him and JJJ calling him a menace. The only big change from his usual status quo will be having his identity made public, and I'm pretty curious what they're going to do with that!

I think it would be more amusing to have the Avengers doing PR for Peter trying to counter JJJ's stuff. But I am 100% in agreement that MCU Spidy 3 should be a street level and personal story. Have Kingpin hire Kraven to hunt Parker, but also have maybe Scorpion in there as well. Or take a page out of Ps4 Spidy and have Doc Ock be a good guy and go nuts, but Parker is able to help him overcome his evil. I'd like to see Otto get the treatment that someone like M'Baku got.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jng2058 posted:

The only big change from his usual status quo will be having his identity made public, and I'm pretty curious what they're going to do with that!

Dr Strange will wipe the knowledge from everyone. May and Happy will wonder why they're dating each other and even how they ever met. And Pete will likely get cut off from the Stark resources and Ned and MJ will have no idea he's Spider-Man. Pete will request it because JJJ spilling the beans has painted a big fat target on everyone he loves.

I'm also thinking the next movie will involve the Goblin. I mean I'm surprised they went this long without having Spider-Man's arch nemesis show up yet. That can be the jumping off point for Secret Invasion/Dark Reign for the rest of MCU.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 1, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

For the vast majority of Far From Homes production i don't think the people making it knew what happened in Endgame.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Dr Strange will wipe the knowledge from everyone. May and Happy will wonder why they're dating each other and even how they ever met. And Pete will likely get cut off from the Stark resources and Ned and MJ will have no idea he's Spider-Man. Pete will request it because JJJ spilling the beans has painted a big fat target on everyone he loves.

I'm also thinking the next movie will involve the Goblin. I mean I'm surprised they went this long without having Spider-Man's arch nemesis show up yet. That can be the jumping off point for Secret Invasion/Dark Reign for the rest of MCU.

So, Spider-Man 3 - One More Day?

twistedmentat posted:

Or take a page out of Ps4 Spidy and have Doc Ock be a good guy and go nuts, but Parker is able to help him overcome his evil. I'd like to see Otto get the treatment that someone like M'Baku got.

I mean, technically wasn't this Spider-Man 2's plot :D

Medullah fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 1, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Since it hasn't been posted here yet in this house we stan a trans icon

https://twitter.com/TheElliotPage/status/1333820783655837701?s=19

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

site posted:

That's loving awesome. What a terrifying step that must have been. I admire his courage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wow. Bravo to him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Proteus Jones posted:

I think they are hesitant to make the Goblin a big part of a phase in the MCU before more contract talks with Sony. I assume Marvel would want to ensure they'd have the Goblin/Norman available for more movies than are currently left in the Sony/Marvel deal.

site posted:

Nice, congrats to Elliot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

I mean, technically wasn't this Spider-Man 2's plot :D

Last rumor I heard was they were in talks with Alfred Molina to reprise.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'd be good with them grabbing Willem Dafoe as well. I heard a rumor that Jamie Foxx was coming back, so if they can give them all a second chance. Willem was close, but god that costume...Electro they can just start from scratch on.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Might as well get defoe back while we're at it

E: wait just had a better idea, Tobey maguire as Osborn

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

site posted:

Might as well get defoe back while we're at it

E: wait just had a better idea, Tobey maguire as Osborn

Full meta, James Franco as Norman Osborn.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ngl I would lol but also feel really really bad if they brought back everybody but Tobey

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Ngl I would lol but also feel really really bad if they brought back everybody but Tobey

Why? He's a notorious rear end in a top hat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yay Elliot! :D

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Why? He's a notorious rear end in a top hat.

Is he? Oh well then I won't feel that bad I guess

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Spacebump posted:

I think they are hesitant to make the Goblin a big part of a phase in the MCU before more contract talks with Sony. I assume Marvel would want to ensure they'd have the Goblin/Norman available for more movies than are currently left in the Sony/Marvel deal.

drat that makes sense. I really want to see a Dark Reign through-line in the rest of the MCU. Bring back Red Skull. Do the Secret Invasion that leads up to it.

I mean I guess Sony wants the "we make Spider-Man" cachet more than buckets of money for doing nothing, but honestly the two solo Marvel outings are at the least equal to the first two Sam Rami films.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

You can't get rid of John Diggle that easily. David Ramsey is going to make guest appearances across most of the CWVerse this year, mostly as Diggle, but also as a "mystery character" on Legends because of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

howe_sam posted:

You can't get rid of John Diggle that easily. David Ramsey is going to make guest appearances across most of the CWVerse this year, mostly as Diggle, but also as a "mystery character" on Legends because of course.

John Stewart, Mick sells his ring at a pawn shop the first 10 minutes of the episode and they can't get it back. No need for CGI!