Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

YES bread posted:

looks like someone's already cleared 12-3 abyss with Zhongli and geo traveler https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ny4y1S79E

level 70 and C0. *edit* and apparently a whole 900 attack before Bennet, lol. Seems like those shields and CC really let you punch above your weight

jesus 12-3 enemies have a lot of HP :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't think its particularly guaranteed. But I could see it happening.

It may not happen within the next 6-12 months but if the game goes long enough it absolutely will.

HI3 has Scythes as weapons. If those come to Genshin I will roll on the weapon banner for the first time ever.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the fatui have guns, staves, hammers, I expect we'll see them eventually

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

Oops pulled Childe.

lol.

lol same. i was trying to get c4 diona

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I hit my wanderlust pity!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Nice!

Also when is the new banner starting up, tomorrow? The Childe and weapon banners are gone with nothing there yet.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Nice!

Also when is the new banner starting up, tomorrow? The Childe and weapon banners are gone with nothing there yet.

6pm today, server time (EST in the States)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aww, I thought it was going up immediately after the last.

I've been parked right next to Zhongli since finishing his quest for good luck

Lemme wish, Mihoyo

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Does the pity only happen once on the featured banner? Cause I got Diluc with it. I really wanted Zhongli but yeeeeah I really can't complain.

This guy is like 30 lvls below my other characters at the moment and more than pulling his weight already. Just wish his model didn't have a weird baby face

ed: new banners already out for me but I'm in EU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Octolady posted:

Does the pity only happen once on the featured banner? Cause I got Diluc with it. I really wanted Zhongli but yeeeeah I really can't complain.

This guy is like 30 lvls below my other characters at the moment and more than pulling his weight already. Just wish his model didn't have a weird baby face

ed: new banners already out for me but I'm in EU

Pity for 5*s happens at most every 90 wishes. You get a 50% chance to get the featured character, and if you don't, your next pity will be 100%. So if you hit pity again during this banner, you'll get Zhongli.

If you don't hit pity again this banner, it'll carry over to the next, and you'll be guaranteed that featured 5*

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
No, pity never goes way.

You'll never take more than 90 pulls to get a 5* on the featured banner, and if your first 5* isn't the featured one, you're guaranteed to get them the next time you pull a 5*

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

I thought Ning teams just gave up on reactions anyways.

Ning+Fischl is pretty good because the geo+electro crystallize reaction will trigger fischl's A4 passive on every one of Ningguang's attacks.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'd always think double geo would be super strong with damage that dont give any fucks about reactions but its just not viable currently in a lot of content that puts you against 3 different types of fatui unless they add an universal fatui shield stripper character or add some sort of reaction that neutralizes shields regardless of element. Like geo + dendro or something stupid.

The sad thing is that claymores and geo characters are at least capable of slowly chipping away at abyss mage shields, but for some reason with the fatui buffs they removed that possibility. It's just impossible to strip them if you don't have the correct element in your party.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 1, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I really hadn't planned on pulling but needing a Chong to farm for fire artifacts means I'll be liquidating my resources. If anyone wants to know what it's like to have zero Chong but C4 Xinyan (who is also determined to be completely worthless) ask me in a couple of hours.

RareAcumen posted:

I have absolutely no experience with gacha games so take this thought with all the seriousness that it deserves.

Same, but from the things being posted in here about mihoyo's last game it sounds like eventually having a good 5* won't matter and instead it's all about having a SSS 7* Gold Ultra Platinum Rare with an item from a specific event that makes the character ten times more powerful and also all elements and you can fly and shoot lasers from your eyes. You know, for starters.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

C4 Xinyan seems like she could actually be an interesting hybrid carry. Her C0 is pretty underwhelming, though, imo

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Jesus christ pairing c2 Ning and c1 Zhongli is so fun. I barely have time to normal attack between spamming Steles and Screens and ults.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Framboise posted:

I hit my wanderlust pity!

:toot:

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

kater posted:

Oops pulled Childe.

The White Dragon posted:

lol same. i was trying to get c4 diona

Also same, I put in one final 10x on the old banner hoping for absolutely any of the 4*s, and instead broke pity at like 30 rolls and screwed myself out of geo-dad :( . I wish there was a "no thanks" button for rolls for cases like this, just give me glitter and let me keep my pity counters...

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 1, 2020

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
My childe from the last banner came out really weird and had a big hat and boobs, does that mean hitting the pity on this banner is 100% on the john glee coinflip? i know the 90 carries over i just don't know about the 50/50 bit

e: absolutely okay with getting mona though, her passive talent is probably the best in the game

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stanko-Prussian posted:

My childe from the last banner came out really weird and had a big hat and boobs, does that mean hitting the pity on this banner is 100% on the john glee coinflip? i know the 90 carries over i just don't know about the 50/50 bit

e: absolutely okay with getting mona though, her passive talent is probably the best in the game

yeah, if you don't hit the featured 5* on a banner, your next will be that character (i got qiqi on venti, then childe on childe)

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Woah what the blue crystals give adventurer xp!?

The forging recipe just says it's going to take resin and give me weapon xp gems so I never bothered. Whoops.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everything that costs resin gives AExp at a rate of 50 AExp for every 10 resin

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh boy! Three constellations for my level 1 Razor :toot:

My wallet itches.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Does anyone know the trick for how to swirl ice off the floor in 12-3? I couldn't figure it out.

aquagremlin
Jan 16, 2005
I'm sorry to do this but I just got lucky, pulled both Zhongli and Mona.

I have so many mixed feelings because now I don't know how I'm going to build my team. Water and Geo don't seem to really go well together...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Does anyone know the trick for how to swirl ice off the floor in 12-3? I couldn't figure it out.

I dunno if it works differently between heroes, but Enviosity just waits for the room to pulse Cryo and immediately uses Anemo MC's skill/burst

I'm guessing if you're using Venti or Sucrose, you go and stand in the middle of the AoE for it to absorb

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I pulled Keqing and Razorx2 with my 28 saved wishes. Literally the worst case scenario based on what I have already and what I use, but I'm sure Keqing is ok.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Before I started rolling for Zhongli my Razor was C0.

I also lost the coin toss on my first 5*; thankfully I had enough rolls set up to hit the pity a second time and I am definitely not complaining based on who I got:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Got Zhong. 10 rolls.

He's my seventh 5 star. Stop giving me them!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Got my pity Zhong. Went for C1, ended up with another Jean instead. I am ignoring the obvious signs the game is sending me and am now rolling with a four geo party. Is it good? No. Does Noelle synergize with any of the other three in any way? No. Will I replace her with Barbara eventually? Probably. But right now I am enjoying my rocks.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
well 60 rolls spent and i got geo dad, razor c2 and xinyan c4(!)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

After doing ZL's trial I've decided he's probably good. He would actually be busted if his E hold generated energy. The strongest thing about him is a 20 second shield on a 12 second CD which is pretty unheard of + the ult. The only real difficult part is keeping his ult charged but 40 energy is so low that a lot of things like favonious weapons could come into play.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Already had some pity saved up so I got geo dad in 5 pulls lol.

Time to save again!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

3 single pulls into the banner and it flashes gold, and Im screaming mad thinking I got Zhlong instead Diluc popped up. I dont see myself using him anytime soon but guaranteeing the next to be on banner is a good thing. So I decided to do more pulls now that thats out of the way, pulled the girl after like 30 pulls but not a single Razor. But two Chong constellations means I might opt to use him as my non fire carry.

Ive got Wolfs Gravestone AND Skyward Pride

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 2, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

C1 Xinyan, who from the test run seems real fun to play at least. Really wish her shield didn't rely on number of targets hit to pulse pyro though.

It's not the Razor I was hoping for but that's the gacha life, baby.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

C3 Razor, C4 Xinyan, and still no Chongyun constellations :gonk:

At least my pity rolled Zhongli :shepface:

gandlethorpe posted:

C4 Xinyan seems like she could actually be an interesting hybrid carry. Her C0 is pretty underwhelming, though, imo

Well, I guess I can try this

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Out of 90 rolls:

C1 Zhong Li
C3 Xinyan
C1 Razor
C3 Chongyun

Not bad

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The game seems determined to not give me any 5 stars outside of pity timers. Took 80 rolls on Venti to get him, and now I'm currently 76 deep on Zhongli after blowing everything.

I did at least get all the 4* characters, who were all new. Razor and Chongyun will be good pickups I am sure.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

3 single pulls into the banner and it flashes gold, and Im screaming mad thinking I got Zhlong instead Diluc popped up. I dont see myself using him anytime soon but guaranteeing the next to be on banner is a good. So I decided to do more pulls now that thats out of the way, pulled the girl after like 30 pulls but not a single Razor. But two Chong constellations means I might opt to use him as my non fire carry.

Ive got Wolfs Gravestone AND Skyward Pride
Hard choice but I think skyward pride is way cooler.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly I had the most fun with Xinyan in her trials, I can see building her to be a good carry at high constellation

No Wave posted:

Hard choice but I think skyward pride is way cooler.

Yeah I'm thinking pride for chong. And maybe a few months from now when I have enough resources I can run Diluc + Chong melt comps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

gandlethorpe posted:

Pity for 5*s happens at most every 90 wishes. You get a 50% chance to get the featured character, and if you don't, your next pity will be 100%. So if you hit pity again during this banner, you'll get Zhongli.

If you don't hit pity again this banner, it'll carry over to the next, and you'll be guaranteed that featured 5*

Ah awesome, thanks! Sorry that probably gets asked all the time

So many Diluc's breaking the pity roll today!