Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Whips are kinda meh, the moveset is fucky but unparryable for PvP fuckery. The Witch's Locks are a decent gimmick weapon for Pyromancers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I've been doing a pure str/vit build for the first time in DS3 and I don't think it gets better than lighting a great club on fire and crushing dudes, personally. Smashing Aldrich's dumb slugbody with a flaming treetrunk in full black iron armor is :kiss:

That said, a quality build would let you use the widest range of weapons and you could just change up your loadout whenever you get bored (equipload permitting). You'd only be "locked out" of one-handing some of the super high str weapons like Morne's, Ledo's, and Smough's hammers and most spells, but would otherwise be a walking weapon rack which is very fun.

Worse comes to worse you can always respec at one of the covenants.

Yeah, I think I'll go even Str/Dex quality build for most of the game, then respec to specialize more at endgame. It's not like there's a gigantic difference in AR between 40 Str and 66 Str with something like the Splitleaf Greatsword, at least not for PvE at NG levels. I'll optimize later on when I know exactly what I want to optimize towards.

Looking forward to finally playing the DLCs. They're the only Souls content I haven't played yet, so I have something new to look forward to :v:

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land

And Tyler Too! posted:

Whips are kinda meh, the moveset is fucky but unparryable for PvP fuckery. The Witch's Locks are a decent gimmick weapon for Pyromancers.

Yeah, this is pretty much it. I've used the Witch's Locks in PvP as an alternate to the Onyx Blade the one time I did a pyro build, and it was...okay, I guess?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Meh, I probably won't bother with that gimmick build then. It's a shame, because a Castlevania gimmick would be fun too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Best you can do is Bloodborne and use one of the two chain whip like weapons.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Actual best you can do is DS2 where Whips have perfectly servicable damage, you can backstab and riposte with them, powerstance two and even make a decent bleed build with two Notched Whips (one in early game and one +7 for free in a DLC you can rush for), gloves that are simple to farm in SotFS, and the blood covenant ring, gotten after a boss in the same area you find the first Notched Whip in

Also get an Old Whip to kill half a boss really quickly before you have to switch it out because of durability issues

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
What Simon said. Whips are amazing in Scholar and are a lot of fun especially when power stanced. So your Castlevania run can still potentially happen!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

v1ld posted:

We seem to have similar tastes in these games - the Halberd was one of my faves in DS1 and I did a full run using it double-handed with grass crest. Stopped using it in DS2 because of the critical distance requirement added there and which is also in DS3. Halberd has both narrow attacks and wide sweeps in its moveset.

Agree on how having easy to use narrow front attacks is huge. But I think that's one reason why the Longsword (LKS/BSS) and the Claymore (Hollowslayer, etc) movesets are so easy to use - they have wide multi-hit horizontal attacks on the R1 and straight pokes on the R2 for when the R1 is going to clang on walls.

Played original Demon's Souls emulated recently and og claymore felt like such a step back there because it lacks the pokes on the R2, it has a front slam attack instead. There is an entire world of enemies with thrust damage weakness in DeS and the claymore doesn't have a thrust attack :qq:

I think the reason why I didn't take to Halberd in DS2 was because it functioned differently than it does in DS1 and DS3, where the attack overhead swing, which made it hard to gauge if it was going to connect (the second R1 would do a poke, and you could poke from behind the shield like with spears, but eh...) Because of that, I ended up running with the Mace (which worked well for fighting in tight spaces), and then later the Bandit Axe.

In Demon's Souls, I ended up maining the Miridan Hammer towards the end, but I can't remember what I used before that, apart from the starting gear for the Royal.

Man, I wish I could capture footage of Demon's Souls from the PS3. If only Sony didn't make it impossible to record HD footage. :argh:

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 2, 2020

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Disco Pope posted:

While this is all very cool, I feel it makes new players kind of nervous and reluctant to experiment when we talk about metas and shield poke length and stuff, especially when PvP metas are brought into it. Players will do fine by asking "do I like how this weapon moves and does it scale well with my planned build?" There's a possible 6(?) big-boy titanites in the base game, more than enough to have a couple of favourites and even a gently caress-up

The Dark Souls games are pretty responsive to experimentation and I've gone through multiple NG cycles and done all the PvP I want to to satisfaction by asking no more than "do I think this weapon is cool?"
it's much worse for new players when people talk poo poo about weapon choice for no reason, which I'm pushing back against by providing reasons why the lkss is not actually an overwhelmingly dominant weapon, and instead just one of multiple good options

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
if you use weapons that are in the game you are a tryhard scrub

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

skasion posted:

There’s two ways in, you can warp there from Kiln if you’re about to go to the final boss or you can warp there from the arena of the main boss of Painted World once she’s dead

Thanks mate !

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

feelix posted:

if you use weapons that are in the game you are a tryhard scrub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzy1GkG3EUM

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

I like these videos but 'how to ___ early' usually means clipping through half the world or running to the end of the game in forty minutes to get some specific equipment and then presumably running back again and going through the game properly

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

Actual best you can do is DS2 where Whips have perfectly servicable damage, you can backstab and riposte with them, powerstance two and even make a decent bleed build with two Notched Whips (one in early game and one +7 for free in a DLC you can rush for), gloves that are simple to farm in SotFS, and the blood covenant ring, gotten after a boss in the same area you find the first Notched Whip in

Also get an Old Whip to kill half a boss really quickly before you have to switch it out because of durability issues

Or two Spotted Whips. Because you're evil and love poisoning things in one go. :unsmigghh:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
dark souls 2 is the best one. It just is.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Aidan_702 posted:

I like these videos but 'how to ___ early' usually means clipping through half the world or running to the end of the game in forty minutes to get some specific equipment and then presumably running back again and going through the game properly

Yeah that's kind of the whole point. It's a crazy video!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Who uses prism stones?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

codo27 posted:

Who uses prism stones?

I use them to make the "arena" at Pontiffs seem festive.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

They make me think of this

Looking through old screenshots on steam, this ones good

I was invaded by two people very cleverly named the other day and I cant remember what they were

The good ol days

codo27 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 3, 2020

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I've built a character specifically for invasions and I know this is very late, but lol is anyone actually playing this game without their two buddies in endgame gear these days?

I think I'm just sad my friends are mainly more interested in things other than DS3, or play it on different platforms/timezones.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Disco Pope posted:

I've built a character specifically for invasions and I know this is very late, but lol is anyone actually playing this game without their two buddies in endgame gear these days?

I think I'm just sad my friends are mainly more interested in things other than DS3, or play it on different platforms/timezones.

The game prioritizes invading against people who have summoned phantoms. It's always been like that, even when the game was new.

As for "endgame gear" there's really no such thing imo, since the matchmaking takes into account weapon upgrade levels, and by mid-game you'll have enough resources to compete with anyone. The main exception is at very low levels, because certain rings make a huge difference here, and you also don't have good access to a lot of consumables or estus upgrades. This is where twinks really run rampant too, so if you are trying to play a low level invader it's better to just give up.

The range from SL 60-80 or so is the most fun, in my experience, because players who've gone through the whole game won't have that much of an edge, and you are a high enough level yourself that getting through the ringed city isn't too much of a problem.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Man, I wish I could capture footage of Demon's Souls from the PS3. If only Sony didn't make it impossible to record HD footage. :argh:

You could run it on your PC with emulation and capture there. Here's an image I captured running at 3440x1440 ultrawide.

It feels and plays great, runs at a locked 60fps and the game has no glitches at that higher framerate that I've seen. Loads are very fast from an SSD. Time from booting the emulator with DeS to being in game is probably 15-20 secs (emulator lets you skip intro videos). Level loads from/to nexus are 3-5 secs.

Needs a decent CPU / GPU, but nothing top end: Ryzen 3600 and an RX 5700 in my system. GPU is at 65-70% utilization all of the time, CPU is at 60-70% too which is about 3.5-4.5 cores on this 6-core. The number of cores seems to be a real limitation - RDR1 emulation for eg lags a lot and maxes out the cores where I suspect it could be perfect at 8 cores.

Worth checking out if you want to replay HD and don't have the PS5 or just want the original for whatever reason.

Actually, Demon's Souls emulated handles 21:9 ultrawide better than Dark Souls 3 - see how the HUD in the image moves to the edge without distortion. DS3 also has the issue with jerky animations outside the 16:9 viewport, not present in emulated DeS.

E: Multiplayer works too, thanks to the https://www.thearchstones.com/ server. This lets you set world tendency as you like by using specific messages, a cool and useful feature.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 3, 2020

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

EvilMike posted:

The game prioritizes invading against people who have summoned phantoms. It's always been like that, even when the game was new.

As for "endgame gear" there's really no such thing imo, since the matchmaking takes into account weapon upgrade levels, and by mid-game you'll have enough resources to compete with anyone.
kind of, in that it's not like ds1(where even in the remaster someone with a +11 weapon can invade someone with a +5 weapon), but a password summoned sl200+ phantom wearing full havels with a dmb splitleaf greatsword is going to be way more loving dangerous than someone actually at the host's level, the stat reduction only does so much

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

codo27 posted:

Who uses prism stones?

I do. They're a nice utility for marking your progress in some of the more maze-like areas, and they help you figure out whether you can survive a drop or not.

v1ld posted:

You could run it on your PC with emulation and capture there. Here's an image I captured running at 3440x1440 ultrawide.

It feels and plays great, runs at a locked 60fps and the game has no glitches at that higher framerate that I've seen. Loads are very fast from an SSD. Time from booting the emulator with DeS to being in game is probably 15-20 secs (emulator lets you skip intro videos). Level loads from/to nexus are 3-5 secs.

Needs a decent CPU / GPU, but nothing top end: Ryzen 3600 and an RX 5700 in my system. GPU is at 65-70% utilization all of the time, CPU is at 60-70% too which is about 3.5-4.5 cores on this 6-core. The number of cores seems to be a real limitation - RDR1 emulation for eg lags a lot and maxes out the cores where I suspect it could be perfect at 8 cores.

Worth checking out if you want to replay HD and don't have the PS5 or just want the original for whatever reason.

Actually, Demon's Souls emulated handles 21:9 ultrawide better than Dark Souls 3 - see how the HUD in the image moves to the edge without distortion. DS3 also has the issue with jerky animations outside the 16:9 viewport, not present in emulated DeS.

E: Multiplayer works too, thanks to the https://www.thearchstones.com/ server. This lets you set world tendency as you like by using specific messages, a cool and useful feature.

I've got an Intel i7 4790K and a GTX 1070. The 4790K only has 4 cores, so that could be an issue. (The Ryzen CPUs seem to be pretty popular). The video cards seem to be about the same, though.

The other issue is that I don't have a Blu-Ray drive for my PC, so I'd have to find an image of Demon's Souls (dunno where you'd get that from). I also imagine the image would be huge (though I should have the space for it).

I'd certainly interested in trying it, though, if only to check out the Archstones server. I played through Demon's Souls back when it was announced that they shutting down the servers, so I didn't run into a lot of people online (save for like one summon). Having control over world tendency is also a godsend, since I got the platinum trophy for it after the servers went offline, and manipulating world tendency in-game is a tedious process. Plus, without being able to connect to other games, there's no way to get the Old Monk's Hood.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Watching that pacifist video makes me want to try magic. I've just never bothered, in any of the games. I think at one point I might have had a bit of pyro, but thats it. I wanna bump people off cliffs with that explosion spell whatever its called.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Force is pretty slick, plus it takes very little investment to get one attune slot and just keep a canvas talisman handy. Nobody expects the dude in full armor with a halberd to pelvic thrust their rear end off a cliff

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

This time I'm going to try to actually meet Patches in the Cathedral. That questline is so terrible fragile.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Morality_Police posted:

Yeah, this is pretty much it. I've used the Witch's Locks in PvP as an alternate to the Onyx Blade the one time I did a pyro build, and it was...okay, I guess?

I had great fun with the Witch's Locks in PvP too. A lot of players just don't know how to handle them and do things like try and parry it or don't realise how long the range is on some of the two-hand attacks. The weapon art on Locks is also useful if used to catch players off guard. It's also a fun challenge to use it exclusively in PvE and some bosses that are fire resistant are...a challenge...

If you're making a pyro build I'd recommend anyone try it. Unfortunately you get that particular whip quite late into the game though and the other whips I find incredibly 'meh'. For PvP I'd pair it with another weapon to switch to or use it in the off-hand. You can really trip people up with it. I had a good run in PvP duels where I was using it in combination with a dark infused Greatlance and have a Cestus to switch to for parries and quick hits. A lot of matches I never needed to switch out from the whip because the other player just didn't know how to handle the whip pressure and I could flick them to death.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So far on my replay of this:

- I still hate how common super high-poise, aggressive, highly-damaging, and tanky enemies are in comparison to other Souls games. Sometimes it feels like the enemies are playing Bloodborne but I'm still playing Dark Souls. Also, still hate Farron Keep and the Darkwraiths who can ignore being backstabbed to soul-drain you.

- That said, I'm adapting better than I was at this point on my first playthrough. I went back to look at my old posts and I raged hard about Cathedral of the Deep back in 2016, but last night I breezed through it.

- Hollowslayer Greatsword is pretty fun! I always liked this moveset in DS2 so I'm glad there are a couple swords in DS3 that kept it.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 4, 2020

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

not to mention the reach is loving bananas on the locks weapon art.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

So tonight I beat Yhorm and Aldrich.

With Yhorm I progressed Siegward's quest to the end, so he came to help me out with fighting Yhorm, and he did the majority of the fight. I tried getting the other Storm Ruler near Yhorm to assist, but I couldn't quite get the hang of how to attack with it (and I was worried about hitting Siegward), so I just switched back to my regular weapons. From what I read, that fight is a lot harder without Siegward (I got summoned in with two other players to try and fight Yhorm, but I died pretty quickly into the fight).

Aldrich was a real pain in the rear end. I tried joining as a summon for a few games, but either I would die, or the host would die before we could beat him. I had one game where I died just a moment before the host beat him, but I still got the reward and re-kindled. I tried summoning help when I tried fighting Aldrich myself, but I died on the first attempt, and the second time I summoned someone, I realized they were using cheats or something, so I sent them home. After that, I couldn't find anyone else, so I just tried doing it solo, and managed to do it after a couple of attempts.

Worst part of the fight with Aldrich is when you have to dodge the arrows. I thought maybe you could get behind him to avoid it, but I think that's only if he's attacking another player. What I did was run away while trying to move to the sides to try and get into a position to attack. What happened a few times, though is that he zapped me with the energy blast while I was trying to run from the arrows. When he summons fire, it makes it hard to approach him without stepping in the flames. I made the mistake of trying to just do thrusts with the Claymore (since he's weak to thrust, lightning, fire), but I found it was more efficient to just to do the two-hand combo.

-

After that, I tried seeing if I could summon into someone's game in Profaned Capitol, and I ended up joining the weirdest game. The player was just sort of screwing around the bonfire, trying to snipe the Jailers with arrows. Eventually, I got fed up, and tried running down to attack them in melee. When I got there, though, I found that they didn't react to me. I tried attacking them, but a second after I did damage, they'd instantly regain the health. It was like attacking a training dummy in a fighting game. I thought maybe it was because I got too far away from the host, but when I made my way back to where they went (in the pit with the toxic sludge) I still couldn't do damage. They could, as they were pelting one of the bug things with arrows and eventually killed it, but I couldn't do anything. I ended up going up through the church and Irithyll Dungeon, just so I get up on the platform they were on, and then they started backtracking to the bonfire. At that point, I just used the crystal and left, but it was like one of most bizarre and :cursed: thing I've seen playing one of these games.

-

Anyway, I'm at the point where I can go fight the Dancer of the Boreal Valley and enter Lothric Castle. I think I may have hosed up some of the magic vendor questlines. I rescued Karla, so I have all the casters in Firelink, but I haven't given any of them the tomes, and from what I read, once you hit this point (where the sky changes and there's an eclipse), it's supposed to be a checkpoint for one of the quests (I think Irina's). If you're wondering why I didn't give anyone any tomes, it's because A.) I didn't want to give the dark tomes to Irina by accident, and B.) I've no points in magic, so I wasn't really concerned with it. My plan was to buy them all once I was near the end, so I could work my way towards getting the achievements. I did progress Sirris' questline, though.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

It's safe to give the dark tomes to Irina as long as you don't buy any of the dark miracles from her. Once she becomes a fire keeper she will leave the tomes on the ground for you. You need to buy all the light miracles from her first.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Max Wilco posted:

Anyway, I'm at the point where I can go fight the Dancer of the Boreal Valley and enter Lothric Castle. I think I may have hosed up some of the magic vendor questlines. I rescued Karla, so I have all the casters in Firelink, but I haven't given any of them the tomes, and from what I read, once you hit this point (where the sky changes and there's an eclipse), it's supposed to be a checkpoint for one of the quests (I think Irina's). If you're wondering why I didn't give anyone any tomes, it's because A.) I didn't want to give the dark tomes to Irina by accident, and B.) I've no points in magic, so I wasn't really concerned with it. My plan was to buy them all once I was near the end, so I could work my way towards getting the achievements. I did progress Sirris' questline, though.

I don't think the world state change alters Irina's quests? You only have to buy all the normal divine spells off of her and not buy any dark spells, if you want her "good" ending. It won't even hurt to give her the dark tomes, so long as you make sure to double check which spells you shouldn't buy from her. If you trigger her light ending she'll drop the dark tomes on the floor for you to pass to Karla.

Is she not sitting in her usual spot anymore? The only things that should cause her to leave are if you buy one dark miracle from her, or if you satisfy the conditions for the light ending, in which case she'll move to the building off Firelink with all the dead fire keepers in it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Max Wilco posted:

After that, I tried seeing if I could summon into someone's game in Profaned Capitol, and I ended up joining the weirdest game. The player was just sort of screwing around the bonfire, trying to snipe the Jailers with arrows. Eventually, I got fed up, and tried running down to attack them in melee. When I got there, though, I found that they didn't react to me. I tried attacking them, but a second after I did damage, they'd instantly regain the health. It was like attacking a training dummy in a fighting game. I thought maybe it was because I got too far away from the host, but when I made my way back to where they went (in the pit with the toxic sludge) I still couldn't do damage. They could, as they were pelting one of the bug things with arrows and eventually killed it, but I couldn't do anything. I ended up going up through the church and Irithyll Dungeon, just so I get up on the platform they were on, and then they started backtracking to the bonfire. At that point, I just used the crystal and left, but it was like one of most bizarre and :cursed: thing I've seen playing one of these games.
This is a known desync error and you just weren't on their screen at all.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't think the world state change alters Irina's quests? You only have to buy all the normal divine spells off of her and not buy any dark spells, if you want her "good" ending. It won't even hurt to give her the dark tomes, so long as you make sure to double check which spells you shouldn't buy from her. If you trigger her light ending she'll drop the dark tomes on the floor for you to pass to Karla.

Is she not sitting in her usual spot anymore? The only things that should cause her to leave are if you buy one dark miracle from her, or if you satisfy the conditions for the light ending, in which case she'll move to the building off Firelink with all the dead fire keepers in it.

She's still there. I gave her one of the Divine Tomes (once I figured out I missed it in in the Road of Sacrifices). I just couldn't remember which tomes where which, and I didn't want to give her the dark tomes by accident, when I could give them to Karla and still get the miracles in NG without worrying about messing up the questline.

That said, I screwed up by not going through Yoel's questline, because Yuria sells you the other dark tome. I also screwed up Anri's questline because I didn't find the disguised pilgrim in the Church. I still got her sword, which could be useful in NG+, since my (tentative) plan is to do the Yuria questline for the the Usurp Ending, so hollowing and respec points into luck could make for a good build.

Apart from the DLC, I am worried about NG+, because it seems like it's a big jump in difficulty. I imagine, though, that from going through the DLC, I'll be able to get some of my stats to the softcap, and having +10 weapons will even things out.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

NG+ is easier than the initial run through the game unless you are deliberately limiting your SL. In fact it's pretty dull unless you impose some sort of restriction on yourself.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

EvilMike posted:

NG+ is easier than the initial run through the game unless you are deliberately limiting your SL. In fact it's pretty dull unless you impose some sort of restriction on yourself.

Really? Because I was looking at the wiki page for it, and I figured some of the bosses and areas would be way tougher, because they get a damage boost, which seems to be different from other Soulsborne games, where only health & souls gets increased. I'm not doubting what you say; I was just thinking I was going to start min/maxing have to get titanite scales/twinkling titanite to boost some of the boss/special weapons to +5 to manage.

Speaking of min/maxing, one of the weapons I thought about going for was the Drakeblood Greatsword, because I was looking at the weapon calculator, and I found that in it's base form, it does both magic and lightning damage. Messing around with the calculator a bit, it seems like you can do insane damage with it. Granted, the magic and lighting don't scale on their own, but with a Chaos or Dark infusion and 40/40/40/40 in stats, it has an AR of 762.

-

One thing I think I need to do before hitting NG+ is try to rank up in all the covenants, since it sounds like it's easier to do that NG (although it sounds like you need to grind a lot if you do it in PvE).

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 7, 2020

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Enemies in all soulsborne games do more damage on successive NG cycles, as far as I know. They do in ds1 at the very least.

Max Wilco posted:

Speaking of min/maxing, one of the weapons I thought about going for was the Drakeblood Greatsword, because I was looking at the weapon calculator, and I found that in it's base form, it does both magic and lightning damage. Messing around with the calculator a bit, it seems like you can do insane damage with it. Granted, the magic and lighting don't scale on their own, but with a Chaos or Dark infusion and 40/40/40/40 in stats, it has an AR of 762.
That's true but you also need to take into account that weapons with split damage are checking defenses extra times, even moreso with triple split damage. So the actual damage done will not be as good as the AR makes it seem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Really? Because I was looking at the wiki page for it, and I figured some of the bosses and areas would be way tougher, because they get a damage boost, which seems to be different from other Soulsborne games, where only health & souls gets increased. I'm not doubting what you say; I was just thinking I was going to start min/maxing have to get titanite scales/twinkling titanite to boost some of the boss/special weapons to +5 to manage.

Other Soulsborne games definitely have pretty hefty damage boosts on NG+. Sometimes big enough to catch you off-guard--in Demon's Souls, NG+ enemies can sometimes one-shot a character who could handle NG enemies easily.