Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
AEW needs to tag Dream Girl Ellie with Pink Dream Alex Garcia ASAP. Dream Team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Gotta say, I really like Reynolds in the longboys.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I can't really get into the Waiting Room. Both of those segments have dragged on way too long and no one involved is funny enough to justify it. The monologues are especially bad.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I could not disagree with a post more.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’m not sold on the Waiting Room as a segment quite yet, but I think it’s a positive that the second one was better than the first and they’re clearly workshopping it live in the lowest stakes spot that still matters.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Giving Rebel room to work as the sycophantic co-host was the main improvement over last week's installment, I think

Even when Britt's jokes don't land, it's still funny because of Rebel busting out the dumbest, fakest laugh imaginable

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think it works better as a mid/low-card interview vehicle than a comedy segment. Seeing some personality from TH2 and Tay was fun.

Rebel is definitely the MVP

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, I’m 100% confident they’ll iterate it to a place where it’s a high point on Dynamite.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

They're trying things and getting better. And frankly that's all I can ask.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The waiting room showed me that talk show segments can actually be good

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, I’m 100% confident they’ll iterate it to a place where it’s a high point on Dynamite.

i like the segment fine but i agree with this and it's awesome to know that AEW will grow something or build it into something awesome or torpedo it if it doesn't come together because why force something or run with an angle that's not working when there are so many other ideas and things to do

I love that assurance i feel about the company

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If anything, AEW has successfully established the expectation that it shouldn’t be a hair on fire moment if something isn’t a direct hit right away.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
2 hours into dark, is it acceptable to watch at 1.5x speed? (Luther will look even better)

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I think I'm subconsciously biased against the Waiting Room because I'm still scarred from the atrocity that was nWo Nightcap.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Zombie Lemur posted:

I think I'm subconsciously biased against the Waiting Room because I'm still scarred from the atrocity that was nWo Nightcap.

That's what it currently reminds me of, but this thread is right that it could get better with time and more reps. One thing the company needs to work on across the board is not letting segments go too long.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

CombineThresher posted:

That's what it currently reminds me of, but this thread is right that it could get better with time and more reps. One thing the company needs to work on across the board is not letting segments go too long.

I have faith that they'll either fix it or scrap it, they've been pretty good about that so far.

It also helps that it's on Dark so it's not like the show has a finite amount of runtime. It's the right place to play around with stuff and see how it lands

Nightcap was one of my most hated recurring segments ever, I don't think it could get that bad even if they tried.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

15 minutes, here's a link, don't forget to Hide Chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLW9pywcIYI

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm ready to uh... Flip the switch?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Very excited for this 10 hour episode of Dark.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

10 is the only member of Dark Order on the poster that isn't showing his tongue,

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

it is dark time, my dudes

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Anthony looking fresh as hell.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dark rocks. Tuesday rocks. Rocks rock.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That's the beauty of those type of woods.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't like dollar store Evil's chances

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm ready for the 83rd straight month of Dark

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm ready for the 83rd straight month of Dark

When dark ends, the world ends. That's what the old men say...

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I hope KTB gets some TV Gear money from Big Tone.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

The World Ends With Dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWvlrKXn3M

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
oh c'mon Ex, when Canadians do it, it's a Sharpshooter, it's like the clover leaf/maple leaf situation

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
Shawn Spears with the sharpshooter staring at Scorpio Sky.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I am digging this rivalry.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sky's expressions most of the match were the sames I have watching any Shawn Spears match.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when I hear the name "Damian Fenrir" this isn't the music I picture

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This music does not scream Try-Hard CAW as much as Fenrir's name would imply.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I wouldn't expect a guy called Damien Fenrir to have this reggaeton music

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smikey posted:

oh c'mon Ex, when Canadians do it, it's a Sharpshooter, it's like the clover leaf/maple leaf situation

Maple Leaf was Lance Storm’s single leg crab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm interested to see what Agogo is gonna be like as an in ring character when he debuts.