Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

smarxist posted:

i guess Gaga has Bad Romance trademarked or some poo poo

Excalibur said five and dime so I'm taking that as a win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jesus christ that camera guy got loving annihilated lmao

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Which tag team has the highest combo meter. Also. Rip camera guy

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Camera 3 is now :camera6:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Holy gently caress

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

He ded

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Which tag team has the highest combo meter. Also. Rip camera guy

Alex and Silver

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Standing frog splash looks dumb

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Pylons posted:

Alex and Silver

It's this or the Bucks but probably this

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Sonny's getting better all the time. Really good high impact sequence there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I can't believe Jungle Boy is the only person who's wrestled 50 matches in AEW

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That wheelbarrow type suplex looked brutal

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Mr. Squishy posted:

That wheelbarrow type suplex looked brutal

So did the DDT on the outside

And Jungle Boy almost bashed his face on the barrier on the tope :gonk:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

What on earth is this match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This match is a trip.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

What on earth is this match

fun

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

In a dark that's been pretty lax about who is the legal man, this may take the cake

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Spot Fest City, and I love it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

That was silly but pretty fun

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

AEW exploring the new arts of Canadian Destroyering

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

5 on that final flip, my god

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I adore the alley-oop powerbomb

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Yo that finish ruled

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What a great two main events.

That last match was fire. Absolutely loved it.

And Frost and Cake was a ton of fun and I felt, biased because she rules, that Frost looked like a star. Great in-ring movement.

And she’s cool.

https://twitter.com/realladyfrost/status/1333919109365501954?s=21

Dark rocked. Gracia said in an interview she will do anything AEW asks of her to Sean Ross Sapp...but maybe this match you should have said no. :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Stay out of the men's locker room, Frost, you perv.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

What a great two main events.

That last match was fire. Absolutely loved it.

And Frost and Cake was a ton of fun and I felt, biased because she rules, that Frost looked like a star. Great in-ring movement.

And she’s cool.

https://twitter.com/realladyfrost/status/1333919109365501954?s=21

Dark rocked. Gracia said in an interview she will do anything AEW asks of her to Sean Ross Sapp...but maybe this match you should have said no. :(

Gracia will be fine.

Very curious how much they’re going to de-indify a lot of the Dark regulars who are going to stick around. Most of them clearly are in it for the long haul and have the tools to succeed on TV if they’re able to upgrade their presentation.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 2, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gracia will be fine.

Very curious how much they’re going to de-indify a lot of the Dark regulars who are going to stick around. Most of them clearly are in it for the long haul and have the tools to succeed on TV if they’re able to upgrade their presentation.

Oh I know she will. Not worried at all.

And yeah, Tony did say he’s going to keep signing people so I’m ready for it. I think Dark has been INCREDIBLY GOOD to scout the indie talent. Give them a steady paycheck. It’s time.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gracia will be fine.

it's a shame about the plague, AEW Dark and Dynamite to a lesser extent would probably be starting an indie wrestling renaissance

it's hard to overstate how awesome it'd be for AEW to be the beating heart of a wrestling revival across the country by getting more and more people interested in the local scene and taking in wrestling shows for entertainment

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

it's a shame about the plague, AEW Dark and Dynamite to a lesser extent would probably be starting an indie wrestling renaissance

it's hard to overstate how awesome it'd be for AEW to be the beating heart of a wrestling revival across the country by getting more and more people interested in the local scene and taking in wrestling shows for entertainment

It would've been really fun to see them booking local talent for Dark like they did ABADON.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

Yeah, real curious what the programming looks like when they start touring again (maybe the summer? Who knows). Obviously they’re not going to film 15 match episodes of Dark after arena Dynamites.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luther did a loving dropkick.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
My pitch: Change Lady Frost's name to "Lady Frosting" and make her a tag team with Red Velvet. They can be managed by Brandi and they would represent someone's lonely Saturday night in.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
As much as Shanna's out of ring stuff is bad, her in ring stuff is incredible. She's like Darby in that way. Luckily I find I can still enjoy their matches while divorcing my personal opinions of them. I just won't root for them to win.

Lady Frost rules they better sign her. That match was great thou I would've liked it to be a bit longer.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DuhSal posted:

As much as Shanna's out of ring stuff is bad, her in ring stuff is incredible. She's like Darby in that way. Luckily I find I can still enjoy their matches while divorcing my personal opinions of them. I just won't root for them to win.

Yeah, if they’re going to continue to use her anyway, getting reps for prospects with someone who knows what they’re doing is probably the best case scenario, at least take Leva off of that duty.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Realizing that Shawn Spears is 17-2 right now has led me to the conclusion that even though jobber squashes are good for AEW maybe Dark has a few too many of them and not enough matches between signed talent. Or for that matter not enough matches between unsigned talent.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ChrisBTY posted:

Realizing that Shawn Spears is 17-2 right now has led me to the conclusion that even though jobber squashes are good for AEW maybe Dark has a few too many of them and not enough matches between signed talent. Or for that matter not enough matches between unsigned talent.

i think Spears is being shined up to get a title shot (either TNT or Big Plat) which he'll lose but look decent and then fade back to the mid card mini boss

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The record reset is soon and winning all these matches on Dark only for it not to matter at all is an incredibly loving funny thing for Shawn Spears to me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

The record reset is soon and winning all these matches on Dark only for it not to matter at all is an incredibly loving funny thing for Shawn Spears to me.

Shawn Spears challenging [Current Champion] on the last Dynamite before Christmas, only for the response the week after to be "uh, you're 0 - 0, fool. I'm not defending against a good hand like you."

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ChrisBTY posted:

Spears’s only two singles losses this year are to the Rhodes Brothers.

His most prominent wins are over Sky, Sydal and Daniels (and pre-signing Hobbs). The rest are over unsigned talent, so I think this proves your point. I do get the sense that Spears is their go to guy to get the best look at potential signings though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah agreed. And Spears is incredibly safe in the ring, his moves are predictable and he has a slower pace that allows these unsigned talents to really prepare for their next moves and react accordingly. He is really well-rounded.