Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

This one's giving me serious SOMA vibes.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
the world just wasn't ready for this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-7W46wb9o

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just to be clear GarfieldEATS isn't dead, this is the La Pizzeria Centrale thread for the time being

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
FS: Used iphone with Garfield Eats installed - $3000.00.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Tato posted:

the world just wasn't ready for this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-7W46wb9o

Actually, really wish I'd gotten one of these boxes as a memoriam.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

aga. posted:

Wait so was there a Garfield face cooked into the bottom the whole time? How would you ever see it?

Those who owned a glass topped table could lie face up under it, after sliding a Garfpizza out of its box onto the glass. And if you lived in Ontario and gave Nathen a big enough tip, he'd offer to poo poo on the table while you masturbated underneath.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I just want to reiterate that Nathan is very very gay and deeply closeted and I hope that instead of using his dad's money to purchase branding rights for his failing businesses he finds a boyfriend to smooch and hold hands with

I thought he came out of the closet years ago and that's why his father was paying him to stay in America. Or did I dream all that?

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 2, 2020

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My theory on the garfpan is that maybe (maybe)the ridges in the pan caused the dough to be raised enough that you could kinda see what it was intended to be. Probably didn't work but I bet that was the intention.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BigBadSteve posted:

Those who owned a glass topped table could lie face up under it, after sliding a Garfpizza out of its box onto the glass. And if you lived in Ontario and gave Nathen a big enough tip, he'd offer to poo poo on the table while you masturbated underneath.

This is the sort of loving dumbass post that gets threads closed.

Meanwhile, who did this:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1332181610666536961

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Garfield Thecat

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pastry of the Year posted:

Meanwhile, who did this:

Now I'm regretting attempting to buy a garfsagna. This isn't funny at all.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Now I'm regretting attempting to buy a garfsagna. This isn't funny at all.

I don't think your in-earnest attempt to buy a lasagna, even if it was ultimately for goofy purposes, was mean-spirited. This is on another level.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Meanwhile, who did this:

Someone's not a Pynchon fan

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Honestly, the funniest possible outcome is that the order is real. I don't have high hopes, but there's probably at least one rich weird and terminally-online Garfield fan in the world.

necroid
May 14, 2009

I was about to say just goldmine this thread before it gets ugly but lol that fake order

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like how, as unhinged as Nathen is, even he knows nobody wants to order $500,000 worth of his lasagna.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Maybe the order was placed by the real Garfield?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hmmm, good point. Sorry. And I'll state now just in case Nathen ever considers sueing: I was entirely riffing with my glass table joke, and was not meaning to infer that he has ever indulged in such activities in reality, or even everr felt the urge.

Meanwhile, who did this:

Holy poo poo. I made a non-serious post like a couple of pages ago with a fantasy scenario about ordering a truckful of big cow lasagnas for distribution to U.S. goons, and a few here joined in the joke with their posts. It's too coincidental, it lòoks to me like some thoughtless person, goon or not, read those posts and made the selfish facetious fake order to Nathen maybe thinking it would be funny to others. It wasn't.

I am well known as a forums wanker, not a heartless prankster, but I'll say to cover my own rear end: I live in Australia, not Canada or the U.S.. If the ordering call was from Australia, Nathen would have seen the calling number prefix and hung up.

To the culprit, if your reading :this: Look what happened to a great Doobie's Doghouse thread back in the day, due just one one or two overexcited facetious goons who wouldn't keep to reasonable limits, with their DSLs and doxxing etc. As Pastry just said, pease don't bollix the fun here. Maybe avoid reading the thread while you're drunk or whatever in future, thx

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 2, 2020

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Has nobody considered that Nathen got his father to buy out all his lasagnas out of pity? Or that Nathen placed the order himself as some sort of elaborate con?

necroid
May 14, 2009

it's an entergaging christicle (christmas miracle)

happy garfiedays!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
its to time to come forward, im the head of the garfsagna profiteering cartel (garftel)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So this is sorta like ordering 10 pineapple pizzas and sending them to someone's house as a prank only instead of pizza it's 50,000 lbs. of garfsagna.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

So this is sorta like ordering 10 pineapple pizzas and sending them to someone's house as a prank only instead of pizza it's 50,000 lbs. of garfsagna.

I decided to figure out how long it would take a single adult to eat 30,000 Garfield Big Cow Lasagnas, assuming a strict 2,000 calorie a day diet.

750 grams is 1.65 pounds. A little over a pound and a half of lasagna is a lot of calories.

These pixelated-rear end nutrition facts, taken directly from their site, claim that every 250 grams of the Garfield Big Cow Lasagna (a brand of Entergage Inc.) contain 430 calories. That means an entire one comes in at 1,290 calories, which didn't seem like enough until I looked up other frozen lasagnas and proportioned them out and, well, I guess I just don't consume enough frozen lasagna to have a sense for these things.

Anyway, 30,000 Garfield Big Cow Lasagnas come in at 38,700,000 calories. That's almost 53 years' worth of food, assuming our test subject is using a scale to be super-strict with the portion control. If our test subject is a little goonier and just decides to eat two full Garfield Big Cow Lasagnas a day, that's 2,590 calories a day, and almost 41 years' worth of food, assuming they live that long.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That's a lotta garf.

So it appears I ended up on a Garfield Eats mailing list that Nathen forgot to turn off after my garfsagna misadventure. I have...some questions:

I could never forget Garfield and his peroni pizza.

Edit: And stuff.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 2, 2020

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

That's a lotta garf.

So it appears I ended up on a Garfield Eats mailing list that Nathen forgot to turn off after my garfsagna misadventure. I have...some questions:

DON'T LEAVE ME GARF!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Frank Frank posted:

That's a lotta garf.

this is sort of an extreme version of the people who insist on calling it 'za

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Empty Sandwich posted:

this is sort of an extreme version of the people who insist on calling it 'za

correctly arranging all the dropped syllables from the Garfield EATS menu reveals a cry for help

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
So that’s why it was the Big lasAgna, he must have figured it’s “hip” to just randomly drop the first three letters of a product name

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Frank Frank posted:

Oh right, I forgot to show you this part. The email literally says "Try Garfield's favorite food and stuff..."

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
imagine if the garfsagna was somehow the best tasting lasagna ever? like it makes the lasagnas made by tiny adorable nonas taste like chef boyardee?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Plant MONSTER. posted:

imagine if the garfsagna was somehow the best tasting lasagna ever? like it makes the lasagnas made by tiny adorable nonas taste like chef boyardee?

I genuinely wanted to find out. Someone here has to live in Ontario right?

I think the real question here is why Goldbelly doesn’t stock Garfsagnas?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

It’s like you want to bankrupt Lowtax and I’m there for it.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Maybe the order was placed by the real Garfield?
You fool, everyone knows the real Garfield's last name is Arbuckle, as he was legally adopted by Jon in 1994 in a lovely ceremony.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if some service like Goldbelly might actually help Nathen. The Carnegie Deli went out of business but still sells their "famous pastrami" via goldbelly. There has to be a world-wide market for overpriced weird cartoon-themed lasagnas.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Frank Frank posted:

I genuinely wanted to find out. Someone here has to live in Ontario right?

i just refuse to pay money for lasagna since it's so easy to make. i admit i'm curious, though.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

That's a lotta garf.

I’m not sure I ever considered what an actual slice would look like from this dumbass shape

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

AdmiralViscen posted:

I’m not sure I ever considered what an actual slice would look like from this dumbass shape

there's a reason they cut the slice from the most normal looking curve on the pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

mediaphage posted:

i just refuse to pay money for lasagna since it's so easy to make. i admit i'm curious, though.

It's easy, but it takes a lot of time and effort if you want to do it right.

I mean, okay, "a lot" is relative, but still.