Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Zombie Guy posted:

E: Goddamn banker hosed off with my money.

Hahahahaha we were all waiting for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

RCarr posted:

What charm is it that makes those little flying helpers ?

Charm spoilers It's called the Glowing Womb, it's in the Forgotten Crossroads hidden in an area where you need the Crystal flight thing. The children spawn automatically, but cost soul, so they're constantly draining you when the charm is in use. This can cause situational conflicts with the need to heal, say. You can also combine the charm with dung beetle's charm, making your children into fart suicide bombers instead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

She's...um...soaking in a hot spring...somewhere. It's not a place you'd normally go back to if you've found it already which is why i've given you a pretty blatant hint.

yeah you can dream nail this out of her, but after she vanishes there is no indication where she goes. which is a bit dumb design, imo, but geo is cheap~

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My favourite thing about the banker is everyone's first instinct is to interact with things with the attack button so if you hit the bank, theres a pause before it falls over turning out to be a cutout and the comedic timing is flawless.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite thing about the banker is everyone's first instinct is to interact with things with the attack button so if you hit the bank, theres a pause before it falls over turning out to be a cutout and the comedic timing is flawless.

Pretty sure I said "You have got to be kidding me" out loud when this happened.
A moment later, the sign fell off the post too. I did catch up with her, and we had a nice chat.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I still lose my poo poo when the false knights mace starts crawling away after the battle. :3:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Rappaport posted:

Charm spoilers It's called the Glowing Womb, it's in the Forgotten Crossroads hidden in an area where you need the Crystal flight thing. The children spawn automatically, but cost soul, so they're constantly draining you when the charm is in use. This can cause situational conflicts with the need to heal, say. You can also combine the charm with dung beetle's charm, making your children into fart suicide bombers instead.

Yep. I tried a few other strategies initially and realized pretty quickly this is a fight you’ll lose if you’re trying to heal. Not that it’s impossible, but more that the easiest way to win is to focus on not getting hit and just getting damage in where you can. Since I didn’t need soul for anything else, this was a perfect source of basically passive chip damage.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Deckit posted:

I still lose my poo poo when the false knights mace starts crawling away after the battle. :3:

Yeah definitely one of my favorite little details :3:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I am really in love with the whole art design of this game. I love the look of the areas, right from how Dirtmouth feels old and abandoned when you arrive. The little sounds that each character makes really gives them each personality. I keep catching myself humming the song the Miner sings while chipping away at the stone. The anxious, sad mumbling that the grubs make when they're trapped almost sounds like they're saying "why me?"

Anyway, made a ton of progress. Picked up a couple of items to open up new areas for exploration; a double jump item, and a drop of amber or something that lets me swim in acid. I loved running into the dung beetle that looked like a Luchador. Oh, and I did something to trigger an infection of orange stuff all over the Forgotten Crossroads, so that place is a hot mess now.

Does that Charm from the dung beetle do anything else besides make me smell bad?

Do the Charms with similar effects stack? For Nail reach, Soul build, etc.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Zombie Guy posted:

I am really in love with the whole art design of this game. I love the look of the areas, right from how Dirtmouth feels old and abandoned when you arrive. The little sounds that each character makes really gives them each personality. I keep catching myself humming the song the Miner sings while chipping away at the stone. The anxious, sad mumbling that the grubs make when they're trapped almost sounds like they're saying "why me?"

Anyway, made a ton of progress. Picked up a couple of items to open up new areas for exploration; a double jump item, and a drop of amber or something that lets me swim in acid. I loved running into the dung beetle that looked like a Luchador. Oh, and I did something to trigger an infection of orange stuff all over the Forgotten Crossroads, so that place is a hot mess now.

Does that Charm from the dung beetle do anything else besides make me smell bad?

Yes, yes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Zombie Guy posted:

You have all traversal items now so can do anything you see.

The defenders crest does a small tick of damage every second something is in the aura. Oh, and you can't sell your stuff to the guy in the city if you are wearing it. And it does have interactions with other charms.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Some of the major NPCs will have some new dialogue if you’re wearing it, such as the Pale Lady.

Adds a bit of lore.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Some of the charms have pretty good interactions with one another as well, so try and experiment with weird ones.

I'm replaying the game and trying to switch up the charms I use. Mark of pride has been great. :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
without getting to spoiler-y, "interactions" here actually means "completely changes the effects". i originally interpreted that to mean something like how you would intuit +soul gain and +spell damage charms would go together, but some charms when worn together will actually functionally act as a whole new charm entirely.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Game’s out soon. I saw it

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Bogart posted:

Game’s out soon. I saw it
Team Cherry and Hollow Knight were in the closet making sequels and I saw one of the sequels and the sequel looked at me!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Martman posted:

Team Cherry and Hollow Knight were in the closet making sequels and I saw one of the sequels and the sequel looked at me!

This made me laugh, thank you.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The secondary game should be online within six months.

It is currently undergoing preparation and should be operational within six months

My people will continue to report on its progress within six months

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

repiv posted:

The secondary game should be online within six months.

It is currently undergoing preparation and should be operational within six months

My people will continue to report on its progress within six months

Within six months, there will be old bugs running the world.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Get the hell out of here, Hornet!

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

I wish George Lazenby would come back and end these posting shenanigans.

Also I have this weird itch to conquer path of pain a second time.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

What the heck, 200 new posts and it's all about the original game? Go post in the Hollow Knight thread, you donks! The people there would probably love all of these posts and you're greedily hoarding them in this other thread like some kind of geo hoarding trash bug

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Hi,

please accept this 4k60fps trailer that a person has made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OilOg2SxdQI

Thank you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This isn't the hollow knight thread? Hahah.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Info soon!

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Soon means tomorrow, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Soon means tomorrow, right?

It means 2022.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NoMas posted:

Info soon!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

:toot:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tomorrow! YES!!!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think a reply to that post says the comment was in response to someone in chat named hornet, so maybe don't take it as some guaranteed thing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I sometimes forget there is a separate Hollow Knight thread to this one, and I saw it on page 1 just now with 5000 unread posts and I got super-loving excited thinking Silksong had just been dropped out of nowhere :sweatdrop:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Just watched the Silksong trailer again and god drat the focus on movement and mobility mechanics looks fun, new path of pain is going to be insane.

I don't generally get excited over video games but Silksong is a huge exception, it looks spectacular and gorgeous in a way the big boys like Horizon and Cyberpunk can't match.

Team Cherry's artist is phenomenal.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Its like one guy and he's more skilled and prolific than entire teams of AAA studios. Its insane.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Wheeee posted:

oh yeah
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/hollowknight/

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

"Well it's a lot of stuff, but maybe he did like one character per day for a year, that's not that much work."

**Clicks on Elder Bug, literally 45 frames of animation for standing still

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

So, I guess I never thought about this before, but what's the deal with the Collector? Is he made of Void? I don't remember his death animation but that sure looks like he melts into a puddle. But he can be Dream Nailed, and Dream and Void don't play together. He also seems quite concerned with protecting things.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Well he'd better finish drawing all his bugs before my 3080 gets here I'll tell you what

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

OzFactor posted:

So, I guess I never thought about this before, but what's the deal with the Collector? Is he made of Void? I don't remember his death animation but that sure looks like he melts into a puddle. But he can be Dream Nailed, and Dream and Void don't play together. He also seems quite concerned with protecting things.

IIRC it was made by the Pale King to gather up and preserve the various creatures of Hallownest when the Infection was beginning to spread. There's a hidden room in the White Palace that's clearly the room where the Collector was created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/nintendo-is-running-a-direct-like-indie-showcase-for-switch-this-week-613440.phtml

Nintendo Direct for Indies tomorrow...fingers crossed!