Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

magic cactus posted:

there's an anime that's made up of like 85% traffic light and electric line still shots. it's called serial experiments lain and it owns.

and the other 15% is just abstract god stuff. what a perfect anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

How Wonderful! posted:

Here's some other food news. When I first moved to Philly I lived l like a block away from what I thought was the coolest restaurant ever. I had just started in an MFA program and I lived with a guy who was also in it and almost every day we'd stop in this restaurant and drink beers and eat snacks and talk about books and big ideas and read each other's work and stuff. It was so perfect. Anyway then I moved across the city and that other part of town got mega expensive and we just never really went back much.

But I saw today that they're going to close their kitchens for the winter and re-open in the spring, but I'm worried that we'll move before that happens, so we're going to go get take-out from them on Saturday for one last big feast. They have probably the best vegetarian sandwich I ever had, this big huge tofu club with coconut bacon, and fried pickles, pierogi, all sorts of incredible unhealthy stuff. It's gonna be bittersweet but I'm really looking forward to it.

The emphasized part had me worried about a surprise thin blue line flag or something similar at the end of the story. Super happy to be surprised to read a wholesome tale :)

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
take the moon

by sebmojo

Barking Gecko posted:

:hmmyes: Let's all love Lain.

:hmmyes: compelling point

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I like power lines but hate anime. Is Lain for me?

3D Megadoodoo

How Wonderful! posted:

Here's some other food news. When I first moved to Philly I lived l like a block away from what I thought was the coolest restaurant ever. I had just started in an MFA program and I lived with a guy who was also in it and almost every day we'd stop in this restaurant and drink beers and eat snacks and talk about books and big ideas and read each other's work and stuff. It was so perfect. Anyway then I moved across the city and that other part of town got mega expensive and we just never really went back much.

But I saw today that they're going to close their kitchens for the winter and re-open in the spring, but I'm worried that we'll move before that happens, so we're going to go get take-out from them on Saturday for one last big feast. They have probably the best vegetarian sandwich I ever had, this big huge tofu club with coconut bacon, and fried pickles, pierogi, all sorts of incredible unhealthy stuff. It's gonna be bittersweet but I'm really looking forward to it.

Vegetarian sandwiches are a good deal as you can still have cheese in them.

My cheese tier list:

1) blue-seal (i.e. least matured) emmentaler
2) gouda
3) cheese

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

does anyone else think that provolone tastes kinda like meat and it's weird?

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Escape From Noise

I just went to the hundred yen store and grabbed a bunch of Japanese candies and snacks to sprinkle throughout the various packages I'm planning on sending out to my friends and family in the US.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
My cheese backstory is that when my brother and I were kind of young we had some family shake-ups and sort of had to figure out how to feed ourselves and my favorite snack to make for him was a piece of american cheese wrapped around a slim jim then rolled up in a tortilla and microwaved. In hindsight I bet it was a loving foul and raunchy treat but sometimes when I see a slim jim at the checkout of the gas station or something I feel really nostalgic.

My favorite cheese is probably really nice fresh feta, love to marinade it. I also love a ton of sheep's milk cheeses. Boy oh boy now I want to pick up some fancy cheese this week and have a little cheese plate.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

3D Megadoodoo

I remember we made cheese at home once. I wonder if my mum still has the old molds. I could make a new cheese mold really quickly as it's not exactly complicated, but I can't do the ornaments.

How Wonderful!

I really want to make some because I bought a bunch of citric acid at the beginning of this year and I don't know what else to do with it. Was the cheese you made good? I want to maybe make some mozz, I hear paneer and queso fresca are pretty easy too.

3D Megadoodoo

How Wonderful! posted:

I really want to make some because I bought a bunch of citric acid at the beginning of this year and I don't know what else to do with it. Was the cheese you made good?

Heck it was like 30 years ago, I don't remember. Probably OK because had it been bad I'd probably remember?

Papa Was A Video Toaster

How Wonderful! posted:

I really want to make some because I bought a bunch of citric acid at the beginning of this year and I don't know what else to do with it. Was the cheese you made good? I want to maybe make some mozz, I hear paneer and queso fresca are pretty easy too.

Make blini! They're Russian crepes. At least the recipe I followed uses citric acid

How Wonderful!

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Make blini! They're Russian crepes. At least the recipe I followed uses citric acid

Good idea. I'll make some blini and like a little jam or preserve.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I bought citric acid special to make blini again. The first time I use real lemon powder because it was what I had on hand and they were Very Lemony

more falafel please

forums poster

I've been meaning to get into making cheese for a while now but I've only done it a couple times, and only very simple cottage-type cheeses, i.e. just heating milk, adding an acid and draining the curd. but yeah i think it's not too hard, and definitely anything like paneer or queso fresco that are literally cheeses made at home shouldn't be any more difficult than like, bread, and you don't even have to understand what gluten development is

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

Went and got some samosas to have with me curry lentil soup. It was good bit now I'm very tired. At least I jogged tonight.

biosterous

yesterday i applied extreme BYOB energy to posting on another website and many people enjoyed it very much

i am spreading the mantra of :justpost: whereever i roam

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

How Wonderful!

Johnny Applepost

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
@3D Megadodo

I drive by a sign with the actual ladies name on it most days and it makes me giggle even though its also kind of sad.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I have a cheese delivery every two weeks, that's how serious I am about cheese

3D Megadoodoo

Zurtilik posted:

@3D Megadodo

I drive by a sign with the actual ladies name on it most days and it makes me giggle even though its also kind of sad.

Signs are 2D, inferior technology.

Twenty Four

Dead Hippie Ghost posted:

why is there a baseball episode of every anime ever made

Because it is the best sport and good and fun and I love it. To make it fair, I would be willing to call it even and have the "7th inning anime stretch" at least in KBO if not MLB or at least in the minors!

Terry Harri

Ugh, the idea of posting an another thread makes me shiver, absolutely shiver.

Alas, I have an important message.

If you have been part of this collective of rogue posters trying to free nut by hacking through MY website and you got stuck on a site or a specific password somewhere, I wanted to let you know that I updated the second post of my thread with tips and tricks you should NEVER EVER do to solve them.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948371#post510045387

If you're stuck, I'm glad. Now politely don't do any of those things and forget about nut.

Didn't you get a new poster in his place. walnut of something? cashew? Isn't he good enough?

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

owlhawk911 posted:

i think it's the "smoke" flavor, the key is to melt that poo poo

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I just went to the hundred yen store and grabbed a bunch of Japanese candies and snacks to sprinkle throughout the various packages I'm planning on sending out to my friends and family in the US.

did they have any kit-kats? i know there's like 20 flavors over there

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

owlhawk911 posted:

Y E S it's mystery meat

Stoner Sloth

posting in BYOB cause it's the chill place to make a post

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

SIDS Vicious

I can make cheese with citric acid? my wife has literally 50 lbs of it for bath bombs all the time this is an exciting development

3D Megadoodoo

Sid Vicious posted:

I can make cheese with citric acid? my wife has literally 50 lbs of it for bath bombs all the time this is an exciting development

I think you need milk too.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sid Vicious posted:

I use 4L of milk and some acid and it comes right together.

Jinh

Heather Papps posted:

byob: i love it

SIDS Vicious

this is crazy i am gonna make cheese

Jinh

I also love cheese :haibrow:

thanks so much cda <3

Pahilla the Hun

Sid Vicious posted:

this is crazy i am gonna make cheese

please post pics

thanks nesamdoom!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

it is neat that the only thing stopping any of us from anything is ourselves

wanna make cheese? you can do it!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Twenty Four

I love you byob friends!

Pahilla the Hun

Twenty Four posted:

I love you byob friends!

:haibrow:

thanks nesamdoom!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have a serious problem with my butt, BYOB

My rear end, it won't quit

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Heather Papps posted:

it is neat that the only thing stopping any of us from anything is ourselves

Someone tell myself to get out of my way

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

vanisher

Kief Richards posted:

I have a serious problem with my butt, BYOB

My rear end, it won't quit

Gotta get it on the patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Pahilla the Hun posted:

i think it's the "smoke" flavor, the key is to melt that poo poo

did they have any kit-kats? i know there's like 20 flavors over there

They didn't at the 100 yen store. There used to be new flavors all the time in the convenience stores then nestle decided to sell like 99% of the new flavors at their big store in Tokyo. Now you don't see as many new flavors.