Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
if you want to read the book you can just click this

http://abahlali.org/files/Jean-Paul_Sartre_Anti-Semite_and_Jew_An_Exploration_of_the_Etiology_of_Hate__1995.pdf

save your money OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

everyone knows umberto eco. antonio gramsci’s prison notebooks analyze fascism a bit but mostly focus on other topics—but he’s still worth reading as he’s probably the smartest communist that ever lived. Roger griffin is probably the best person to come out of the modern liberal academy on the fascist question, and I think he’s worth reading for a truly comprehensive approach. Carl Schmitt is an actual fascist political philosopher, maybe the only one ever, so reading him tells you what the fascists think of themselves.

Thank you!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

we need an emote for the antisemites paragraph like the ur fascism one

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

chipmunk anna is epic because all of her poo poo is so embarassing rthat nobody takes her seriously. unlike previous iterations of this character that people feel obligated to try to actually argue with

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
is sartre better read in french? or are the translations pretty good

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Farm Frenzy posted:

chipmunk anna is epic because all of her poo poo is so embarassing rthat nobody takes her seriously. unlike previous iterations of this character that people feel obligated to try to actually argue with

gotta learn from WASBAPPIN to start reasonable and throw out lots of facts/events/dates to seem credible, then slowly ratchet up your insanity as you become a meme

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
interesting theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpmT7LEutHY

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I will watch this video only because you linked it, comrade b mc d. jesus this looks like a hellpit

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
I'm so hopeful

Do you think it'd be ok to do a let's read thread

We could start on this book

It's so easy

It's so short, accessible, yet essential

I'll buy copies for people. I will!!!! Let me!!!!!

I can give the money to a trusted person here to then distribute it to buy copies

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Brunch Covidian posted:

I'm so hopeful

It's so easy

I can give the money to a trusted person here to then distribute it to buy copies

i will be reading and posting thots

maaybe a separate thread?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s definitely true that marginalization opens people up to multiple forms of deviance from and critique of the status quo, but I think it’s more likely to be some form of self-hatred transformed into self-consciously performed parody in search of the masculine ideal, like saying “boy those lithe twinks in their dresses sure are weird, huh? You’d have to be crazy to want to do that. Look at me act so crazy! I definitely don’t want this!” 4chan has been famous in past decades for having gay and trans nazis that called for their own extermination or the extermination of others who were gay or trans in the wrong way.

Or maybe it’s just a simple expression of hatred of the feminine and the supremacy of masculinity—like when David Lee Roth wore a dress because he believed his aggressive masculinity would subordinate its femininity and make it seem ridiculous.

Or maybe it’s just nazis chasing cultural trends in order to seem cool and subversive or play the pied piper for lonely outcasts.

But there’s no way fascism can genuinely adopt anything that collapses the binary hierarchy of masculine and feminine. That’s like rule #2 for them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Brunch Covidian posted:

I'm so hopeful

It's so easy

Let’s do it. Do you want to make an op for a new thread?

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
I'm really too stupid to post a whole thread about group reading. But we really need one. An accessible one where we joke around and smack these writers as if they were shitposters. Lambast them mercilessly, as a purpose, as if we were Nietzsche himself. And if one such were posted... Maybe someone other than a new and suspicious account such as mine could make the thread?

If the thread could be posted and the mood thus established, if we could hurl rocks at these previously unassailable luminaries and smash their lightbulbs for our joyous forensic examination...

Such a venue on this forum would be a thing that could, possibly, be the humble axis upon which a great lever might move the world.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Brunch Covidian posted:

My family was exterminated. Well, beaten to death on different roads of escape by german citizens, not Nazis, on the border, as they fled from their homes in Mainz en route to the French border, before all that nonsense happened.

I would earnestly like to give this book to the people who are reading this, because I feel that you are particularly able to understand it. I think it would help you understand what's happening now, and how to identify the culprits before the crime.

I know this is a conceit. But I've got cash money. I'm afforded some leeway. Can I put a physical copy of this book in your hands? At least for the sake of my family that was beaten to death at the side of the road by vicious small business owners avenging the notion of their mediocrity upon anyone accused of sensitive intellect or foreign disposition?

I have money. There are books. There are people that should read them. Let's make a deal.

My family were also murdered but they didn't learn poo poo

except for my grandpa my brother and myself

all i can say is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuZDEphRbes

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
I'm gonna make a thread ok

Don't get me banned please

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
Oh gently caress

The thread loving sucked

I knew it I'd do this

I had to post it from a desktop and I can't spell anything. I do everything from a phone.

I can't write well from a desktop, I've got a disability

God can someone better make the thread

I'll do whatever support is needed

I hosed this up bad

Please just do this I'll do poo poo that doesn't gently caress everything up

I don't have much but I can give what I have

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It’s definitely true that marginalization opens people up to multiple forms of deviance from and critique of the status quo, but I think it’s more likely to be some form of self-hatred transformed into self-consciously performed parody in search of the masculine ideal, like saying “boy those lithe twinks in their dresses sure are weird, huh? You’d have to be crazy to want to do that. Look at me act so crazy! I definitely don’t want this!” 4chan has been famous in past decades for having gay and trans nazis that called for their own extermination or the extermination of others who were gay or trans in the wrong way.

Or maybe it’s just a simple expression of hatred of the feminine and the supremacy of masculinity—like when David Lee Roth wore a dress because he believed his aggressive masculinity would subordinate its femininity and make it seem ridiculous.

Or maybe it’s just nazis chasing cultural trends in order to seem cool and subversive or play the pied piper for lonely outcasts.

But there’s no way fascism can genuinely adopt anything that collapses the binary hierarchy of masculine and feminine. That’s like rule #2 for them.

The right's project to mainstream femboys was a complete and total disaster (for them). It just resulted in more mainstream acceptance of gender expression.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Race Realists posted:

look at my username.

now look at my sig.

We're still going to kill them. I just keep at a distance so they don't poison our brains.

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
Did I gently caress it up

Can you help me how to make a thread that's organized so people will read it

Seriously I sound stupid as poo poo, can you tell me what to do

I just want people to read the book and let's all discuss it but I've just made a wasteland of poo poo posts

Edit; I'll buy books for people who need them

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

this is just my personal "Dumb Guy Theory" (theory thought up by a dumb guy: me) but I've always felt that the femboy phenomenon in the far right was just the fact that these dudes got to the point where they hated women so much they invented an entirely new gender: Girl ( ♂ )

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
This thread is the best insane meltdown magnet on the whole forum, lmao.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

packetmantis posted:

it really makes you think.. maybe we're the real nazi pedophiles all along :thunk:

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

packetmantis posted:

I AM NOT MELTING DOWN I'M RAISING AN ISSUE HERE

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is happening

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Brunch Covidian posted:

I just want people to read the book and let's all discuss it but I've just made a wasteland of poo poo posts

You could always become a digital solider. The storm could really benefit from a white hat pedophile such as yourself on the inside. Where we go one, we go all.

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
Ok I'm gonna figure out how to close it

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

miniscule12 posted:

The right's project to mainstream femboys was a complete and total disaster (for them). It just resulted in more mainstream acceptance of gender expression.

Do I want to know? Oh, who am I kidding I know I shouldn't, but I just want to hear about the logic behind... Whatever this is.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Farm Frenzy posted:

she even tried baiting bitcoin bros to explain bitcoin to her and they could hardly be bothered

(it's on her recent twitter somewhere, hosed if i'm going looking a second time)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Brunch Covidian posted:

I AM NOT MELTING DOWN I'M RAISING AN ISSUE HERE

Starting your first thread full of typos only for it to slowly dissolve down list is a right of passage. Chill.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

divabot posted:

she even tried baiting bitcoin bros to explain bitcoin to her and they could hardly be bothered

(it's on her recent twitter somewhere, hosed if i'm going looking a second time)

lmao nice title

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'll try making an OP in two weeks if nobody else does and the current one doesn't work out. I am excited to do this thing.

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

Race Realists posted:

look at my username.

now look at my sig.

your avatar owns because every time I scroll past it I see this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Brunch Covidian posted:

Oh gently caress

The thread loving sucked

I knew it I'd do this

I had to post it from a desktop and I can't spell anything. I do everything from a phone.

I can't write well from a desktop, I've got a disability

God can someone better make the thread

I'll do whatever support is needed

I hosed this up bad

Please just do this I'll do poo poo that doesn't gently caress everything up

I don't have much but I can give what I have

Brunch Covidian posted:

:staredog:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

This guy did the same thing in the cool zone thread, please ignore him.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pretty rad username tho

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Doctor Jeep posted:

lmao nice title

i am told that jeffrey did not in fact purchase SA using a bitcoin fortune, but s*r*ph is trying to make sure SA is fully funded in bits-coin going forward

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FCKGW posted:

Pretty rad username tho

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

icecream citadel posted:

your avatar owns because every time I scroll past it I see this

now i cant unsee it

im not going to pretend i read the book like some smug nerd, i just know im considering going on the quotes section of goodreads

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 18:43 on Dec 2, 2020

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
the "same energy" twitter meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

Race Realists posted:

now i cant unsee it

im not going to pretend i read the book like some smug nerd, i just know im considering going on the quotes section of goodreads

I recommend it! Some of it aged a little too poorly imo, but if you consider that this sort of thing wasn't really written about in the 1960's, Ignatius the the very model of the sexless Monarchist blowhard constantly writing long screeds about "the divine right of kings," moral purity and the evils of Communism. In that regard, it's only gotten more relevant.