Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the EM substat could be nice on a support Beidou or Xinyan, though they could make equal use of recharge% swords in that role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Me and who the gently caress would even be able to make use of that sword, goddammit. I'm up to five of them now.

I got my fifth today too! I got my fifth sac great sword though at least. I have no use for it yet, be it feels like something that might be useful. My Razor is level 1 so rainslasher isn't even a consideration.

Too much to hope for a widsith or...a flute.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 2, 2020

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
No rockstar doer. :(

Outside the beginner roll, I haven't gotten characters or 4 star weapons from natural rolls. If there was no pity mechanic I'd have nothing to show for. A decisive indictment if any to keep playing while there's some fun left and only if.

e: anyone made the signature dishes of the new characters? The description of food is delightful.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 2, 2020

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Which would be better: Solar Pearl for Klee currently using R4 Widsith and 31% crit chance / 121% crit damage or Serpent Spine for Beidou using Rainslasher with 24% crit rate / 98% crit damage? Leaning more towards SS for Beidou since I like Widsith's mechanics but Klee's undeniably my more important dps.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 2, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

dogsicle posted:

i'm not trying to come off as if she can't hack it, i just had hoped there was less working against her from the start. jumping into the phys carry pool with two other claymores that have been in since launch and "easily" available makes the situation worse.

I just think Jinjinx was being too hasty with his assessment. I crunched some numbers comparing all three banner 4*s hypothetically using my glads set and appropriate goblets, and I truly believe Xinyan is capable of achieving some nutty "effective" ATK stats. By effective, I mean ATK factoring in crit average, multipliers, RES lowering, and resonance bonuses.

I do agree with you that she has stuff working against her as a carry. But I think it's more that her constellations are way more critical for her to fulfill the role compared to being good out of the box like most DPSers.

Now in order to prove my theory, it's time get to farming violetgrass :shepface:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I suspect this game is desperately trying to exorcise some evil spirit from me, because I got enough wishes for two more 4* pulls and while the first one gave me the Bell, the other gave me yet another Chongyun. :ghost:

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

No Wave posted:

Does anyone know the trick for how to swirl ice off the floor in 12-3? I couldn't figure it out.

my guess is that it only works with ameno mc, their hold skill rapid-fire swirling in such a way that you get a bunch of frost pings. i tried it out with sucrose after seeing that video & she barely scratched them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bloody Emissary posted:

I suspect this game is desperately trying to exorcise some evil spirit from me, because I got enough wishes for two more 4* pulls and while the first one gave me the Bell, the other gave me yet another Chongyun. :ghost:

I got my Chong up to c6 tonight looking for Xinyan

S.J.
May 19, 2008

nightwisher posted:

Which would be better: Solar Pearl for Klee currently using R4 Widsith and 31% crit chance / 121% crit damage or Serpent Spine for Beidou using Rainslasher with 24% crit rate / 98% crit damage? Leaning more towards SS for Beidou since I like Widsith's mechanics but Klee's undeniably my more important dps.

Solar Pearl, dear god. Widsith seems awful for Klee, she's greedy and wants to be out all the time. Spine is definitely a big upgrade for Beidou but at least Rainslasher does stuff for her

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

S.J. posted:

I got my Chong up to c6 tonight looking for Xinyan

Trade you :negative:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Honestly? I would, I think. I'm using Beidou as my main atm and a phys dmg goblet so getting Xinyan up to C4 would be amazing. I thought about using Chong as support for Beidou but his aura just pisses me off with electro lol

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

nightwisher posted:

The Widsith is pretty great, though you could definitely use more crit chance on Klee. Also if you don't have Xingqiu supporting her the EM buff from it ends up being something of a waste in a lot of circumstances (though the other two are just always great). Still, as much as I like the Pearl, the Widsith is supposed to be amazing, and at R4 I definitely wouldn't be feeling much pressure to replace it (though if you also run DPS Ningguang or something she could use the Pearl too). Put a crit chance hat on that Klee though, she needs it.

On the other hand, Rainslasher... Isn't great. But the Serpent's Spine is only really good for a carry who'll be out for a long time, which isn't what most people use Beidou for (though thematically/aesthetically it's perfect for her because she actually killed a sea serpent and it looks good in her hands as well). I guess if you are using her in that role, then it'd be good for her. Could also just give her a Prototype Aminus, of course.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

The Widsith is pretty great, though you could definitely use more crit chance on Klee. Also if you don't have Xingqiu supporting her the EM buff from it ends up being something of a waste in a lot of circumstances (though the other two are just always great). Still, as much as I like the Pearl, the Widsith is supposed to be amazing, and at R4 I definitely wouldn't be feeling much pressure to replace it (though if you also run DPS Ningguang or something she could use the Pearl too). Put a crit chance hat on that Klee though, she needs it.

On the other hand, Rainslasher... Isn't great. But the Serpent's Spine is only really good for a carry who'll be out for a long time, which isn't what most people use Beidou for (though thematically/aesthetically it's perfect for her because she actually killed a sea serpent and it looks good in her hands as well). I guess if you are using her in that role, then it'd be good for her. Could also just give her a Prototype Aminus, of course.

Spine stacks stay even while the character isn't out, so as long as you just chill with Beidou out for a bit you can swap her in/out just fine, thankfully.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

S.J. posted:

Solar Pearl, dear god. Widsith seems awful for Klee, she's greedy and wants to be out all the time. Spine is definitely a big upgrade for Beidou but at least Rainslasher does stuff for her

It's got nice crit damage on it and the effect persists on her through switching. Combat encounters never really last long enough for the cooldown to really feel like it affects me too much. I know it's not optimal but I kinda find Klee awkward to play so I mix in Beidou.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

nightwisher posted:

It's got nice crit damage on it and the effect persists on her through switching. Combat encounters never really last long enough for the cooldown to really feel like it affects me too much. I know it's not optimal but I kinda find Klee awkward to play so I mix in Beidou.

Sure, but your crit chance should be almost twice on Klee what it is right now to justify that crit damage number

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just did a 10 roll hoping for Choungyun and Razor and instead

guys i'm freaking the gently caress out, this is my first 5*

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Good on you, now find out what's their signature dishes. :toot:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Man, can I have some of y'alls luck?

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
To balance out all the good-roll posts, I just threw my monthly set of acquaint fates at the perma banner and got fuckin' C1 Amber of all things.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man, can I have some of y'alls luck?

Mine was guaranteed pity, no luck involved

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just used the trial version of Chongyun and oh man, he'd be perfect with Fischl backing him up.

Tae posted:

Mine was guaranteed pity, no luck involved

Is there a simple way of checking pity besides looking on the history and counting? I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a simple way of checking pity besides looking on the history and counting? I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Nope, you have to count

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RareAcumen posted:

I just used the trial version of Chongyun and oh man, he'd be perfect with Fischl backing him up.

You'd get superconduct... which you'd use for all of maybe three hits before it became useless. :v:

I'm running him with XQ/Barbara/Diona right now. He's doing ok for a 4* carry. It kind of sucks that I'm pumping him to 70 purely to farm for my real carry, but maybe he'll be useful in fire abyss floors or as support in a future melt comp.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mailer posted:

You'd get superconduct... which you'd use for all of maybe three hits before it became useless. :v:

I'm running him with XQ/Barbara/Diona right now. He's doing ok for a 4* carry. It kind of sucks that I'm pumping him to 70 purely to farm for my real carry, but maybe he'll be useful in fire abyss floors or as support in a future melt comp.

I mean, most of my damage comes from Razor and Kaeya causing superconduct anyway. At least this way would stop me from having 9 minute fights against the robots every time I find one of them.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Whose idea was it to put Kaeya in every Test Run EXCEPT Razor's?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I spent $10 bucks on the battle pass gnostic hymn and got the black sword.

Is it worth doing again? You don’t get a lot of wishes out of it and the other weapons don’t look fantastic.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
All the weapons are solid because crit is an overpowered substat. So even ignoring Serpent Spine's text entirely it's better than aminus for damage units. So you're advised to pick the one you need.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

zgrowler2 posted:

there are dozens of us! dozens!

pulled Stringless, don't have Venti, already have Skyward Harp Lv80 on Childe, have Viridescent Hunt on Fischl but I think it's only L50. Is Stringless worth putting on Fischl to buff Oz if I'm using her as a burst support?

According to the build guide, Stringless is the best weapon for support Fischl. I'm using it and it seems very good!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I finally got popsicle boy! Time to immediately dump time and resource into him because I never learn my lesson.

Can I just slap an already upgraded set of Gladiator's artifacts on him and call it a day? I know ideally he wants a Cryo Damage artifact but I've yet to find one.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

You should get a consumable or something if you have a maxed friendship character while doing commissions. Or MC in your party for that matter, who doesn't even have a friendship xp bar.

Side note, I hit friendship 10 with Chongyun yesterday, and the game repays me by not giving him a single constellation in like 90 pulls :(

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I finally got popsicle boy! Time to immediately dump time and resource into him because I never learn my lesson.

Can I just slap an already upgraded set of Gladiator's artifacts on him and call it a day? I know ideally he wants a Cryo Damage artifact but I've yet to find one.

Grats! Join the Church of Chongyun and experience the true path to DPS perfection!

And yeah, Gladiator's is pretty much the best thing to use on him until there's a Cryo set in the game. If you like seeing big numbers, there's also a burst focused build with Noblesse.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Dec 2, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I hope at least you're counting pages and multiplying by 6, and not each pull individually

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
It seems like Zhongli is Utility Man, which is why people maybe don't like him. He doesn't make the numbers go up as well, but he provides a lot of really useful tools for a single character. The stele, the shield + geo drain, and the meteor all seem amazingly handy.

As someone with Noelle in the team because I like not dying, I'm kinda leaning towards pulling for Zhongli just for the amazing upgrade. Still not 100% decided, but I'm leaning strongly towards it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
My Chongyun now has Sacrificial Greatsword and exile's set, so if the sac sword procs i get a full ult bar off the double E.

It made me wonder who has the lowest ult cooldown? I feel like you could do some silly stuff with a party built for rotating ults with stuff like exiles and noblesse.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CJ posted:

My Chongyun now has Sacrificial Greatsword and exile's set, so if the sac sword procs i get a full ult bar off the double E.

It made me wonder who has the lowest ult cooldown? I feel like you could do some silly stuff with a party built for rotating ults with stuff like exiles and noblesse.

Bursts are always in one of three groups:

40 e/12 cd
60 e/15 cd
80 e/20 cd

Don't know off hand if anyone has a talent/constellation that directly reduces burst CD, but Chong with C2 can actually reduce his own burst if he casts it in his E. It would be really handy for me because I'm always done building it seconds before it finishes cooling down, but alas

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I hope at least you're counting pages and multiplying by 6, and not each pull individually

I haven't counted anything, I was just wondering how people were doing it because everyone's happily dropping numbers like 60 pulls, 50, pulls, 80 pulls all over the place and it took me a few weeks for it to click and me to remember that it doesn't mean that they did all of that in one go like I initially assumed.

With that Geo Traveler video someone posted earlier, if there was a way to just easily look that up that I missed I wouldn't be surprised, because I'm not great at this game.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Wow

https://twitter.com/pgbiz/status/1334094711829786624?s=21

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So yeah, for anyone wanting to farm for Witch artifacts the requirement is Chong. You get Chong, ascend him to at least one WL below you, some ok artifacts, and this is how you get fire gear. :mihoyo:

I also just realized I now have Team gently caress Oceanid. I need to get on ascending XQ...

With that sorted, I'm looking for a fourth for Team Razor. Without Qiqi it's definitely Razor/Kaeya/Diona... but I'm struggling to think of a fourth that'd add anything because I don't have Bennet. I guess Fischl for the bonus electric reaction damage?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I logged in for the first time in a month because my friend told me Zhongli was out. I immediately pulled 2 of him, and now my friend is mad at me.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
The level 90 noblesse domain is loving me up. It's frankly embarrassing how bad I apparently am at fighting these abyss mages once they come with extra effects. I've tried a bunch of teams and prioritising different mages, but I always end up getting careless once a shield is down and getting 100-0d.

At least there's some challenge, but it sucks having to res/heal the team up after every failure.

Eventually Diluc or Keqing will carry me through this, but until then I'm just going to complain a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

The level 90 noblesse domain is loving me up. It's frankly embarrassing how bad I apparently am at fighting these abyss mages once they come with extra effects. I've tried a bunch of teams and prioritising different mages, but I always end up getting careless once a shield is down and getting 100-0d.

At least there's some challenge, but it sucks having to res/heal the team up after every failure.

Eventually Diluc or Keqing will carry me through this, but until then I'm just going to complain a bit.

Focus on getting both shields down first if you can, then go to town on one for a bit. It's way easier when one of them isn't still horking their bullshit ice clouds at you.

Also consider a geo unit for shields to trivialize those ice clouds.