Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
He has very soft hands. Moisturizes regularly. That moisturizer cost adds up.

Aw gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Why the hell does an HJ cost more than a BJ?!?!?!?!?

HJ doesn't involve teeth.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Oh, honey. You've been paying for some poo poo-tier BJs.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Thanks to this thread I've just watched Death Becomes Her.

Holy poo poo, what a movie. Exactly the right kind of bonkers. And bruce willis' eulogy at the end had me howling with laughter. Just fantastic.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Blowjobs so bad they make you cry poo poo tears.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Blowjobs so bad they make you cry poo poo tears.

Out of your penis?

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

poonchasta posted:

Out of your penis?

Sort of.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

You guys need to have your loving pipes checked, something is definitely wrong.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
There's a weird missed opportunity in Deadpool that bothers me.

During the big killing montage, Wade is chasing down all of Francis's henchmen to find out where he is, all while shouting "Francis! Where's Francis!"

I fully expected them to then have a scene with Weasel along the lines of:

Weasel: Wait...you're asking them all where Francis is?
Wade: Yeah...that's his name, cum for brains.
Weasel: But...like...didn't you say he goes by Ajax because he hates hid real name? Maybe all those people you killed didn't know his name was Francis.
Wade:...oh, son-of-bitch!

But it's not addressed. Not that it HAS to be, but the whole "through line" of Francis constantly taunting Wade with that,
"What's my name?" line sort of indicates that maybe they would have that cheap joke in there.

I mean...they've got plenty of OTHER cheap jokes, what's one more?

And another thing...Wade forgets all his guns in the trunk of the cab, but also, Dopinder mentions that he has his cousin tied up in the trunk and wants to kill him...how did Wade not notice a tied up man in the trunk when he put the guns back there?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
But... on the other hand, why would Wade care there was a dude in the trunk?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Maybe Wade was shouting 'Where's Francis?' at everyone so that they (if they lived) knew their boss' name (which he was trying to hide) was Francis?

yes, I know it's a stretch

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Wait, was Francis a Stripes joke? I guess he does say, "lighten up Francis" at one point. You have to admire their dedication to a 30 year old throw away joke.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Oh I just assumed that Wade yelling the wrong name at all the henchmen was why he never got anywhere with them and that was the joke. Just not one they outright stated.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I appreciate how hard they tried to edit TJ Miller out of the second one. He just completely disappears at one point.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

still think it would have been a masterstroke to just replace tj miller's character with christopher plummer and not have it be acknowledged it at all

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Deadpool is a crazy person, is probably the joke.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

God Hole posted:

still think it would have been a masterstroke to just replace tj miller's character with christopher plummer and not have it be acknowledged it at all

Yeah but it's a Deadpool movie so we would need multiple scenes where Ryan Reynolds explains the joke and riffs on it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I remember in hobbs and shaw when Ryan Reynolds shot all his scenes in that one diner.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
The sequel to "Now You See Me" is called "Now You See Me 2".

It should obviously be "Now You Don't"!!!! What is this, amateur hour?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

SimonChris posted:

Dude,where’s my cards?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

SimonChris posted:

Studio executive: "How will people know it's a sequel?"

And they'd be right for about 30% of people.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
They could've added it as a subtitle

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My problem with the first Now You See Me is that it wants to pretend that all the tricks are just stage magic but then throws in realistic holograms at the end. Also there's the whole thing about how the heroes have been running around getting revenge for something that happens off screen to a character that does not appear in the movie other than as a picture in a newspaper. This makes it difficult to feel like the revenge is justified at some points like with Morgan Freeman's character, who gets framed for robbing a bank even though his whole involvement was just that he exposed how a magician's tricks were done and he is kind of a jerk. The movie tries to say that it was his fault that said magician then did a dangerous trick that ended up with him dying but was it?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

nexus6 posted:

They could've added it as a subtitle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_You_See_Me_2 posted:

The sequel was thought to be titled Now You See Me: Now You Don't,[12] with the director pushing for that name,[13] but the studio call announced in November 2014 was that the film had changed its title to Now You See Me: The Second Act.

Turns out they actually tried that.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SimonChris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXdHBP6mgdE

I don't like Dan Harmon, but this was pretty funny

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ravenfood posted:

Oh I just assumed that Wade yelling the wrong name at all the henchmen was why he never got anywhere with them and that was the joke. Just not one they outright stated.

That is definitely what it is but Deadpool doesn't do subtle well so I guess it's understandable people could miss it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

My problem with the first Now You See Me is that it wants to pretend that all the tricks are just stage magic but then throws in realistic holograms at the end. Also there's the whole thing about how the heroes have been running around getting revenge for something that happens off screen to a character that does not appear in the movie other than as a picture in a newspaper. This makes it difficult to feel like the revenge is justified at some points like with Morgan Freeman's character, who gets framed for robbing a bank even though his whole involvement was just that he exposed how a magician's tricks were done and he is kind of a jerk. The movie tries to say that it was his fault that said magician then did a dangerous trick that ended up with him dying but was it?

The entire revenge plot was dumb as gently caress. Why would you blame the lock safe company for their lock not loving opening under water? Would be a lovely lock if all you had to do was sink it for the thing to open!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its the safe company's fault that he tried to use their safe in a magic trick that it was definitely not designed to do and he apparently never actually tested to see if it would work in the first place.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The thing that bothers me the most about the now you see me movies is that everyone takes Woody Harrelson's character seriously. Mentalism is the dumbest form of "magic".

also they really overdid that thing that I can't really concisely explain, but the thing where they all walk around in different directions as the camera zooms in on them while they say their spiel at the beginning of the shows. They did it in that always sunny high school reunion episode too before they did their dance thing. It's such a IIMM that i can't even adequately describe what it is or what annoys me about it.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Dec 3, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This isn't exactly their fault since other movies do it too but he also practices the movie magic version of hypnotism where he says one word to someone while touching them and they are under his complete control.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

muscles like this! posted:

Morgan Freeman's character, who gets framed for robbing a bank even though his whole involvement was just that he exposed how a magician's tricks were done and he is kind of a jerk. The movie tries to say that it was his fault that said magician then did a dangerous trick that ended up with him dying but was it?
I never saw either movie but I just looked up both plot summaries and in the 2nd one its revealed Morgan Freeman was the dead guys friend/partner the whole time, and also the leader of the secret real magician crew. Wikipedia doesn't really say why he was cool with being framed in the earlier movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't seen the second movie (because, you know, I thought the first was bad) but it sounds like they were trying to replicate the twist of the first one where the entire movie Mark Ruffalo's character has been chasing the magicians because he's a cop and then at the end of the movie he reveals that he actually set everything up and that he was using them to get revenge for his father (the previously mentioned dead magician.)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cage posted:

I never saw either movie but I just looked up both plot summaries and in the 2nd one its revealed Morgan Freeman was the dead guys friend/partner the whole time, and also the leader of the secret real magician crew. Wikipedia doesn't really say why he was cool with being framed in the earlier movie.

I didn't see either movie so I'm hoping by "real magic" you mean literal sorcery and not just a more legit version of stage magic.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Baron von Eevl posted:

I didn't see either movie so I'm hoping by "real magic" you mean literal sorcery and not just a more legit version of stage magic.

Yuuup

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I kind of zoned out half way through the first film but it would have annoyed me less if they were supposed to be using real magic because I don't think a single trick they did was actually possible :v:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Was it the same movie where one of the douchebag-looking stars uses a deck of cards and a handkerchief to beat down an FBI assault team and a bunch of agents? I rolled my eyes so hard on that part that I still need to wear special prescription glasses.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

God Hole posted:

There's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it News ticker during Deadpool 2 that says "Christopher Plummer turns down role in Deadpool 2" which I thought was a great gag.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Along the lines of "poorly names sequels,"

Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph BREAKS the Internet?

I know the movie came out after all those God-awful "Break the internet with this picture of [celebrity]!" memes/PR stunts, but seriously, it's right there, Ralph Wrecks the Internet. Why would you even dream of doing anything other than that?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Along the lines of "poorly names sequels,"

Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph BREAKS the Internet?

I know the movie came out after all those God-awful "Break the internet with this picture of [celebrity]!" memes/PR stunts, but seriously, it's right there, Ralph Wrecks the Internet. Why would you even dream of doing anything other than that?

How about Rambo: First Blood 2 when "Second Blood" was right there?

Or "IT: Chapter 2" instead of IIT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Or how the first season of the anime was still called Lupin the 3rd. Get it together, Japan.