Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

YeahTubaMike posted:

TIL Milo Yiannopoulos and Andy Milonakis are different people :psypop:

Which one of them did you think they both were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That Dang Dad's channel is really good and getting to hear someone talking from the perspective of a former cop in a big urban area is super interesting. He's done a new video that's basically answering recurring questions he gets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIrj_OJZrBk&hd=1

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Kinda don't want to post this because Snyder chat just finally ended but Cosmonaut Marcus just released his Batman V Superman review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwVuay1WD8&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=TheCosmonautVarietyHour

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 2, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Never been a fan of his movie reviews. They're insanely nitpicky, and the complaints that aren't tends to be stuff like "How dare Aunt May and Mary Jane not just 100% support Peter all the time in Spider-Man 2"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gonna agree with that, actually

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ah, the cinema sins method of critiquing film

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I really like his video about fighting games at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2pDl-lKX8

Let's talk about how cool fighting games are instead of having the same Snyder argument again.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Roth posted:

Never been a fan of his movie reviews. They're insanely nitpicky, and the complaints that aren't tends to be stuff like "How dare Aunt May and Mary Jane not just 100% support Peter all the time in Spider-Man 2"

Yeah, that's fair. I actually don't agree on a whole lot with Marcus tbh. I just find him extremely funny and entertaining.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

Let's talk about how cool fighting games are instead of having the same Snyder argument again.

Soul Calibur VI just added Hwang to the game and that rules

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Alaois posted:

Soul Calibur VI just added Hwang to the game and that rules

:hmmyes:

Plus, his new look is just an excuse to give people more options for creating a Bloodborne character in create-a-character mode

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

YeahTubaMike posted:

TIL Milo Yiannopoulos and Andy Milonakis are different people :psypop:

Just because they're both in the body of a teenage boy doesn't mean they're the same person.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ague Proof posted:

Just because they're both in the body of a teenage boy doesn't mean they're the same person.

:drat:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Ague Proof posted:

close thread

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Not-particularly-but-still-kinda similar names.

Ariong posted:

Which one of them did you think they both were.

Andy Milonakis, because he's the only one I'd actually seen before.

Ague Proof posted:

:master:

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Shinji2015 posted:

:hmmyes:

Plus, his new look is just an excuse to give people more options for creating a Bloodborne character in create-a-character mode

Soul Calibur 6 is a fashion simulator with an attached fighting game.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQ6CmIDV1g

Basically, the Simpsons house is the Leaves House from House of Leaves.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

I find Jordan Owen a bit of a sad case. Guys actually got a not inconsiderable chunk of musical talent. Shame he didn't focua on that instead of 3636756 videos about Anita Sarkeesian and a complete failure of a documentary.

hes lost a fair amount of weight and a good deal of he humanity

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Archer666 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQ6CmIDV1g

Basically, the Simpsons house is the Leaves House from House of Leaves.
TheRealJims is really good. Can't wait to get home and watch this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

Milo was, at last count between seven to eight figures in debt, yes. And every venture he has tried to crowdfund his way out of it or restart his career has failed for obvious reasons. loving Baked Alaska was more relevant in 2020 than Milo was.

arnt most of theses dipshits in debt. like i am bad with money but holy gently caress.

speaking of dipshits. captain kick in the scrote decided he would have some big thoughts about trans issues.

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1334151052522872834

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1334154916701622272

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1334158548608151553

"forgive them father for they know not what they do" - peter "i made up a couple wives" coffin probably.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
he discovered that life is easier for rich people, in general. incredible insight from one of the little twitter men

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

arnt most of theses dipshits in debt. like i am bad with money but holy gently caress.

There are basically two types of right wing pundits, either they come from a rich family or they have a rich patron bankrolling them. A common right wing payment scam would be writing a book and then have a rich person funded organization buy their way onto the NYT bestseller list by buying in large lots and then either throwing the books away or giving them away as free gifts for some fundraiser. IIRC Milo was in the rich patron camp but he lost all his backing with his "actually it is fine for older men to sleep with teenage boys" statement.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

There are basically two types of right wing pundits, either they come from a rich family or they have a rich patron bankrolling them. A common right wing payment scam would be writing a book and then have a rich person funded organization buy their way onto the NYT bestseller list by buying in large lots and then either throwing the books away or giving them away as free gifts for some fundraiser. IIRC Milo was in the rich patron camp but he lost all his backing with his "actually it is fine for older men to sleep with teenage boys" statement.

yeah also the smarter ones are like shapiro who toe the line but mostly keep it "safe" therefore they get tons of backing and poo poo. milo could have been one but he veered too close to the sun aka said hosed up pedo on a podcast and the religious wing of the party loving pounced because they didnt want a Gay near them. the "lucky" ones are like fuckheads like crowder who find their gross nich and make enough to stay afloat.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Roth posted:

No joke, the instant my kids are old enough this household overnight becomes Cobra Kai fighting game crucible.

Hoping I get one each of a grappler and shoto :kiddo:

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Not only is Coffin's insight obvious (yes, everything is easier if you're rich, well done Professor), but it also misses the fact that it's probably extremely beneficial to have someone like Elliot Page in the public sphere when there are extremely powerful people, including arguably the world's most famous and wealthy author, trying their best to make anti-trans bigotry "acceptable".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the "misconception of trans issues as bourgeois" is actually a deliberate framing by people who are acting in bad faith, not a misconception. the actual amount of rich trans celebrities that exist is irrelevant to this framing.

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 2, 2020

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Yeah, who is 'misconceiving' that? Crypto-fash grifters on social media. It's a viewpoint that can only see as far as twitter follower count, so, a Peter Coffin viewpoint.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
never heard of this peter coffin guy til now but he seems nothing more than a professional concern troll

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Not surprised Peter Coffin is still determined to have the worst take on everything.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

never heard of this peter coffin guy til now but he seems nothing more than a professional concern troll

he is a trend chaser with alot of hosed up poo poo attached. he is chasing the chapo/rose twitter crowd now and loving that up because most of them are intersectional in various ways plus his history and not being funny. and coffin is pure "no war but class war" type poo poo in the dumbest ways possible. he will go to whatever is popular next either for money or because he is an impressionable idiot.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Where do I apply to be a humorless tool that can only think in terms of class and get thousands of loyal followers who will call me a genius for realizing that rich people generally have it easier?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

To look at the 'rich patron' example I remember Cosmonaut Marcus saying Ian Cheong gets paid a packet of dark money every day to sit in Malaysia and post how terrible it is he can't wear his cowboy hat in Winn-Dixie because left.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah also the smarter ones are like shapiro who toe the line but mostly keep it "safe" therefore they get tons of backing and poo poo. milo could have been one but he veered too close to the sun aka said hosed up pedo on a podcast and the religious wing of the party loving pounced because they didnt want a Gay near them. the "lucky" ones are like fuckheads like crowder who find their gross nich and make enough to stay afloat.

Ben's an odd case that defies classification because he also has a rich as poo poo and well connected father who both bankrolls him AND controls everything he says and does to a frightening degree. That's how he was able to survive angering the Steve Bannon and the Mercers when he left Breitbart, and how he was able to survive his career doldrums as he aged out of his Teenage Conserative Wunderkind phase and into his Weird 70 Year-Old 12 Year-Old phase before he used Gamergate to rebuild his brand. That transition is usually the end phase for the careers of most other Teenage Conservative Wunderkinds, because no one wants to hear from a weird 20-something Conservative Loser in Right Wing Media anymore, and even more of them turn liberal or at least normal as they get away from their parents and their toxic ideology. Shapiro The Elder had his son in a bear trap, so he couldn't escape.

The real test for Ben (and his sister, for that matter) is going to be what happens when his creepy domineering helicopter dad finally inevitably dies...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 2, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Roth posted:

Where do I apply to be a humorless tool that can only think in terms of class and get thousands of loyal followers who will call me a genius for realizing that rich people generally have it easier?

i dont think he is humorless, thats more Jonathan McIntosh domaine but at least that dudes consistent with his beliefs and intersectional even if he is a weird prude alot who defends dumb poo poo and attacks even dumber poo poo at times. coffin is basically trying to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_UTiHyFx3U but with really dumb down version of marxism instead evangelical poo poo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jesus christ saying that trans celebrities are illegitimate because they have money is like a hair's breadth away from saying that being trans is mere bourgeois decadence that must be swept away, something real nazis do say every day to redirect class tensions toward vulnerable populations that get brutalized and murdered every day. In fact, it's basically shading class reductionism into red-brown progression fascism and if Coffin weren't so stupid and petty I'd say it's deliberate.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Ben's an odd case that defies classification because he also has a rich as poo poo and well connected father who both bankrolls him AND controls everything he says and does to a frightening degree. That's how he was able to survive angering the Steve Bannon and the Mercers when he left Breitbart, and how he was able to survive his career doldrums as he aged out of his Teenage Conserative Wunderkind phase and into his Weird 70 Year-Old 12 Year-Old phase before he used Gamergate to rebuild his brand. That transition is usually the end phase for the careers of most other Teenage Conservative Wunderkinds, because no one wants to hear from a weird 20-something Conservative Loser in Right Wing Media anymore, and even more of them turn liberal or at least normal as they get away from their parents and their toxic ideology. Shapiro The Elder had his son in a bear trap, so he couldn't escape.

The real test for Ben (and his sister, for that matter) is going to be what happens when his creepy domineering helicopter dad finally inevitably dies...

idk i mean listening to his bad book(on behind the bastards and chapo), i can easly see him going full alt lite/right if the money is there. but who knows. i never knew his dad was some big weird nut.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Jesus christ saying that trans celebrities are illegitimate because they have money is like a hair's breadth away from saying that being trans is mere bourgeois decadence that must be swept away, something real nazis do say every day to redirect class tensions toward vulnerable populations that get brutalized and murdered every day. In fact, it's basically shading class reductionism into red-brown progression fascism and if Coffin weren't so stupid and petty I'd say it's deliberate.

give him another year and he might go there fully. i can see alot of weird class war only fucks like coffin going full lyndon larouche or strasserite out of stupidty/spite.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 2, 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk i mean listening to his bad book(on behind the bastards and chapo), i can easly see him going full alt lite/right if the money is there. but who knows. i never knew his dad was some big weird nut.

Oh yeah, his dad has been a full-on Stage Mom for him for decades now. I remember reading a article like 10 years ago, when Ben was an alleged adult, about him giving a speech at a pro-Isreal dinner and the author of the article coming up to him at his table afterwards to try and take him to task for all the pro-genocide things he said on stage regarding Palestinians, and as Ben stammered and stuttered, his dad stood up from the table, physically placed himself between Ben and the author and told her "You do not say ANYTHING to my son. If you have an issue with him, you talk to me and me alone." and repeatedly told Ben to shut up when he tried to defend himself directly.

Fast forward to 2016, when Ben left Brietbart because they wen too crazy for even him, Steve-O Bannon and his other snickering cronies thought it was be a good idea to own Ben publicly by using the penname his dad wrote articles with at Breitbart to publish a giant "Ben Shapiro Sucks, Also Hi I'm His Dad, I Got A Job Here At Breitbart Too To Watch Over My Son And Make Sure He Doesn't Do Anything I Disapprove Of" letter on Shapiro The Greater and Shapiro The Lesser's way out the door.

Going through Poppy Shapiro's by-lines on Breitbart's archive revealed he was nothing but his son's personal hype man, writing article after article about how you should check out this hip new whiz kid I've just discovered and his name is Ben Shapiro, and I'm totally not related to him at all, why do you ask [tugs collar nervously].

The whole Shapiro family is a series of creepy interlocking grifts with Daddy as the linchpin.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Given the current discussion, I guess I should ask whether or not it's appropriate to post anything by AngieSpeaks, since I don't want to make an rear end of myself again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Given the current discussion, I guess I should ask whether or not it's appropriate to post anything by AngieSpeaks, since I don't want to make an rear end of myself again.

who are they? never heard of them.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/peniscommunism/status/1334210729033961472?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i am happy he is getting thrown to the wolves over this and becoming the next moviebob but dumber.