Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

I have an embarrassing question to ask as a middle-aged man.
Not really sure how to preface this. I've been through and experienced pretty much everything in this thread with one partner or another and nothing phases me. I think it's all 'great'. Whatever.
Wife get's super horned up about 4 days past her doing her deal. Then cools off a little.
I'm embarrassed to ask, but do you notice a 'window' where you're like "okie dokie" and want a good roll in the hay?
As a guy I don't get these other than a 'yes/no' type of moment, but as the years roll on it's just a trend I see.

P.S. I've had SEX

For me it's about a week before my period that I get super horny. And the day or so after because gently caress it, I finally don't feel like poo poo, gotta celebrate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Does anyone else's whispy ghost mustache get thicker during their period? I know I notice it more.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Literally A Person posted:

I swear this happens to my wife. Like, she'll have finished bleeding for the month then the next time we have sex I...uh...knock some stuff loose????

(TMI alert)
Yeah, I had my one little spotting incident, but then after I pooped, a bunch of blood & clots came out. Then my flow basically stopped for the rest of the day, and when I woke up this morning, there was like, one clot on the tampon I normally use pads when I sleep, but I ran out. Today, pre-poop, there isn't anything going on.

Anyway, this is why I asked about it getting stuck. Like, why the gently caress is it not just coming out? Where the god drat gently caress is it?!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
It’s just shy. You have to coax it out with a treat, like wearing white pants, going swimming, or sex with a new partner.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You should always have sex with new partners on your period. That way you'll know if they're worth your time depending on their reaction.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Emily Spinach posted:

It’s just shy. You have to coax it out with a treat, like wearing white pants, going swimming, or sex with a new partner.

drat it, I wish I could go swimming. :smith:

Who What Now posted:

You should always have sex with new partners on your period. That way you'll know if they're worth your time depending on their reaction.

Period sex is the most disgusting sexual thing I've ever done, and I will die on that hill. A partner who reacts negatively toward suddenly realizing that period blood is coming out is 100% entitled to do so.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

YeahTubaMike posted:

drat it, I wish I could go swimming. :smith:

Period sex is the most disgusting sexual thing I've ever done, and I will die on that hill. A partner who reacts negatively toward suddenly realizing that period blood is coming out is 100% entitled to do so.

Sounds like you need to get out more.

Honestly I also find it kind of gross. I'll still do it if my partner wants to but meh.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m whatever on it but I’m not having sex if I’m crampy or bloated, no thank you hard pass

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Emily Spinach posted:

Sounds like you need to get out more.

Honestly I also find it kind of gross. I'll still do it if my partner wants to but meh.

I've had it multiple times because I thought it would be better if my period were lighter, but nope!

edit:

teen witch posted:

I’m whatever on it but I’m not having sex if I’m crampy or bloated, no thank you hard pass

It's the smell that breaks the deal for me.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's the smell that breaks the deal for me.

:same:

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Like many others in this thread I suffered with the most painful and heavy periods right from the word go at thirteen. Saw several doctors over the years who would just dismiss my concerns. I was throwing up, feeling really week and faint and spent a good two of the six days curled up in a ball cursing the blood factory who hungered for pain.

At about age 28 I finally decided to go and see a doctor again. She listened to my symptoms and immediately said “Well we need to do something about all that. Has no one ever looked into this further or done anything about it?” I told her no and the look of disbelief and disgust on her face mirrored what I’d felt at being fobbed off for the best part of fifteen years. Had an ultrasound/general investigations to make sure the cause wasn’t anything to worry about (nothing was found, my uterus just hates me) and I’ve been on the progesterone only pill for about four years now and I’ve not had a period since.

So yeah basically gently caress doctors who dismiss people going through this sort of crap and don’t take them seriously. I did have to explain to and correct a friend that yes I don’t have periods anymore and no, that doesn’t mean all the blood and lining is all building up. If that were the case I don’t think I’d ever be able to sneeze again.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

YeahTubaMike posted:

(TMI alert)
Yeah, I had my one little spotting incident, but then after I pooped, a bunch of blood & clots came out. Then my flow basically stopped for the rest of the day, and when I woke up this morning, there was like, one clot on the tampon I normally use pads when I sleep, but I ran out. Today, pre-poop, there isn't anything going on.

Anyway, this is why I asked about it getting stuck. Like, why the gently caress is it not just coming out? Where the god drat gently caress is it?!

While we tend to think of the vag as wide open, your cervix can clamp down as snug as your butthole. Leak proof seal. But unlike your anus you have no voluntary control over it. Cervix don't care, it does what it wants.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

While we tend to think of the vag as wide open, your cervix can clamp down as snug as your butthole. Leak proof seal. But unlike your anus you have no voluntary control over it. Cervix don't care, it does what it wants.

"gently caress you, mom!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Facebook Aunt posted:

What the gently caress, I have a rebellious cervix? What an utter shitshow.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Orgasms help my cramps which sometimes last the entire period, but period blood is a worse lube than water imo, so my Magic Wand is my boyfriend when I'm doing my monthly dying.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

There was a tweet going around a while back about the ultimate end-of-period lifehack: grab the Hitachi and get off as many times as you can so the contractions force the dregs out, then take a long shower to clean up

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

I've had like 3 Mirenas so far, the first one I "gave birth" to after ~9 months, had contractions and they had to remove it and put it back in... I've been pretty emotionally stable with no periods or cramps but this third Mirena has been different.

Every couple months or so I'll get these extreme fits of ANGER and rage and crying, and cramps, and then nothing for another couple months. Has anyone else had different experiences with different Mirenas?

I'm having one of those rage/frustration/crying spells right now and it's rough... reminds me of how unstable I felt while on Depo.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

I just want to complain that my period starts in five days, according to my app anyway, and holy gently caress my boobs are killing me and I already feel like I've been punched in the uterus. I'm having way worse PMS symptoms notably earlier than usual so I think I'm about to get severely dunked on. I'm not ready.

Serenity Dove posted:

Like many others in this thread I suffered with the most painful and heavy periods right from the word go at thirteen. Saw several doctors over the years who would just dismiss my concerns.

:same:

I've been wondering if I should discuss my periods with my GP (I switched doctors at the start of the year). Mine are pretty heavy, occasionally wack in schedule, and have been so painful on multiple occasions I've seriously considered going to the hospital. I think I first brought this up to a doctor when I was about 14 (I'm 27 now). Even the younger female doctors who were otherwise good were just like "drat that sucks try a heat pack :)." I don't think I have anything serious going on, but surely there's something that can be done to have a look at it besides being totally dismissed. I'm just gonna be mad if I go and discuss it and get brushed off again. I've had doctors brush me off as "having anxiety" for what turned out upon investigation to be Actual Problems before so it's a sore spot for me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm thinking of getting off birth control. I don't get laid enough to need it for that, and all it appears to have done is weirden my period. I'd rather have regular painful heavy 5-6 day periods than irregular dull-achey slightly less heavy 25-30 day periods.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I got lucky and my GP listened to my bitching about my teenage periods but I'm pretty sure that's only because I was literally puking once a month and had to come home from school. My GP also is a women, so I'm sure that's part of it.

Luckily my period no longer hurts THAT much but I occasionally still get an rear end kicking courtesy of my uterus.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Then there are times I think of the old days, where women had their special tent. I'd be fine if we brought that back and modernized it: work from your little hotel room if you can or want, otherwise you get a week of hot tub or massages or just binge watching poo poo.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cowslips Warren posted:

Then there are times I think of the old days, where women had their special tent. I'd be fine if we brought that back and modernized it: work from your little hotel room if you can or want, otherwise you get a week of hot tub or massages or just binge watching poo poo.

Yeah seriously I wouldn't mind having the option of 'sorry can't come to work I have to sit in a red tent for a week and do nothing'.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just a reminder of the crazy poo poo you gals are brewing down there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9IJuFD9ZHE&t=15s

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Vakal posted:

Are you somehow under the impression that we are clueless about uteruses?

Fatima
Dec 6, 2020
I am still young enough to have kids - start over?

No complaints about menstrual clots from me!

Fatima fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 6, 2020

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Oh man, it seems my period is about to start (spotting, weird poops) and I didn't even know, because this is the first period without the copper IUD and I haven't had a single cramp so far.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

what the gently caress are menstrual clots? Perhaps I should be grateful I even need to ask that question

Fatima
Dec 6, 2020

Skratte posted:

what the gently caress are menstrual clots? Perhaps I should be grateful I even need to ask that question

Congealed menstrual blood....it's like giving birth to a baby

LOW SELF WORTH, PUNCH ME PLEASE

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Skratte posted:

I'm sorry Google failed you.

Blood will form clots and, for menstruating women, there is added material from the sloughed uterine lining.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ugh where is my period. It’s normally on the fifth of every month but so far nothing. Not even cramps.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

xcheopis posted:

I'm sorry Google failed you.

Blood will form clots and, for menstruating women, there is added material from the sloughed uterine lining.

I googled it after I made that post, there's no need to be a jerk. I hardly ever seem any solid things in my stuff, I mean sometimes. But it's like little strings, not anything to complain about, so I have found it interesting the talk in the thread people have about being able to feel them or like having them make their cramping worse. passing them.

Fatima
Dec 6, 2020

teen witch posted:

Ugh where is my period. It’s normally on the fifth of every month but so far nothing. Not even cramps.

Waiting for it means we can stock up on our favorite snacks! lol

LOW SELF WORTH, PUNCH ME PLEASE

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Vakal posted:

LOL I'm not brewing poo poo :smug:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Ladies, don't fight, what do you have your periods hahahaHAHAHA

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder how many AMAB regulars this thread has

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Vakal posted:

This is the opposite of a period, what are you doing?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

My brain felt like it had been bodyslammed all week and I was afraid my meds had stopped being as effective at chasing away fatigue and brainfog but yesterday I started spotting and it turns out I'm like 2 weeks early.

t:mad:t

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

hopeandjoy posted:

I got lucky and my GP listened to my bitching about my teenage periods but I'm pretty sure that's only because I was literally puking once a month and had to come home from school. My GP also is a women, so I'm sure that's part of it.

Luckily my period no longer hurts THAT much but I occasionally still get an rear end kicking courtesy of my uterus.

I used to get the voms when I had my period too. Fair warning, I also got hyperemesis when I was pregnant. I'm convinced the two are linked.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I have a date scheduled for a hysterectomy. I don't believe it's true until the insurance approval comes through though.

If it actually works, I'm pretty sure it's only because I'm over 40. I still wish I could have had a hysterectomy 30 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Congrats!!!!