Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

WHERE IS THIS FROM I LOVE IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Artelier posted:

WHERE IS THIS FROM I LOVE IT

Spectacular Spider-Man #300

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The artist really went all out on that reflection on her latex suit. You can see how there are small wrinkles throwing it off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

I laughed, but idgi.

Not much to get, Niles built a robot, that robot was a jerk.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

The artist really went all out on that reflection on her latex suit. You can see how there are small wrinkles throwing it off.

the colorist did a great job too. nice to see someone really trying after four decades of ugly gradient mapping

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
A few more OHotMUDE scraps.

OHotMUDE #3 (1986)

OHoTMUDE #7 (1986)

OHoTMUDE #8 (1986)

OHoTMUDE #12 (1986)

OHoTMUDE #14 (1987)

Gwenpool Strikes Back! #3 (2019)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Darthemed posted:

OHoTMUDE #14 (1987)

I am no-poo poo legitimately fond of this character and that costume and the "Aqueduct" rename/redesign was a travesty.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Superboy #136 (1967)

Oh, no, who will save us!

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 2, 2020

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am no-poo poo legitimately fond of this character and that costume and the "Aqueduct" rename/redesign was a travesty.

Hobgoblin sold the name and costume to someone new, the outfit is back in circulation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, that's a catchy slogan.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Darthemed posted:

I love that they felt so wretched about the eye-candy lineup that they plunged the bottom of the barrel for a male character to toss in there.

Ah yes, Atlas. A thoroughly memorable character who everyone remembers.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nilbop posted:

I love that they felt so wretched about the eye-candy lineup that they plunged the bottom of the barrel for a male character to toss in there.

There’s gotta be a male character who was mostly eye candy. Nightcrawler, maybe?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Knock iron man out of the varsity lineup and stick him in the 2nd tier group. He’s just a privileged white dude outside of his suit.

E: I forgot he’s rich so he can pay (with his father’s money) to be on the varsity team.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love that Thor's swimsuit is just his normal clothes.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I guess it's probably an attempt to do the fourth wall schtick to some extent, so they tried to pick characters who were mostly created to be eye candy? I dunno who Atlas is, but if they legit tried to make an eye candy character and went for "boring white guy with muscles" then I totally see why he's not remembered well.

Of course Nightcrawler is eye candy, or Gambit if you can get Kris Anka to do him, but neither were probably created with that as the main intent? I dunno.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

What's weird is that Iron Man is somehow much buffer than Black Panther. He and Atlas have literally identical bodies.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why not just bring in namor? no one has ever given a poo poo about atlas.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wonder Man is the obvious one missing from the eye candy group. I forgot tho, was he a Hollywood movie star before he got his powers?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Darthemed posted:

I get why they didn't put the younger characters in bathing suits, but it's a little odd.

Technically Ms. Marvel is wearing a bathing suit.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Give me Devil Dinosaur in a tankini!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
A lot of them are wrong, Carol Danvers was originally developed to be eye candy and Jessica Jones absolutely wasn't.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
What happened to Moon Boy?

I was barely aware of Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur to begin with, finding it's now Moon Girl is weird but I'm still on board.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Early on in moon girl he tries to kidnap dd but dd rejects him and lunella dumped his rear end back in the stone age iirc

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Skwirl posted:

A lot of them are wrong, Carol Danvers was originally developed to be eye candy and Jessica Jones absolutely wasn't.

Varsity means "has a movie* named after them."

*Black Widow doesn't count because her movie isn't out yet.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nilbop posted:

And not created as eye candy in any of his incarnations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When the hell was Jessica Jones created as eye candy? Gaydos isn't exactly a cheesecake artist.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SimonChris posted:

Superboy #136 (1967)

Oh, no, who will save us!

So real talk. My dog will periodically look to the sky for guidance. I had always assumed she was praying to her deity which I dubbed "Skydog." I now know it should have been called "Big Dog."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Question IRL posted:

So real talk. My dog will periodically look to the sky for guidance. I had always assumed she was praying to her deity which I dubbed "Skydog." I now know it should have been called "Big Dog."

Your dog believes America deserved 9/11.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fantastic Four: Road Trip

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Endless Mike posted:

When the hell was Jessica Jones created as eye candy? Gaydos isn't exactly a cheesecake artist.

I'd tentatively give that one. Jessica was actually created as one of Spider-Man's random classmates, there to color scenes and provide some early 'oooh maybe a girl likes Peter' color. It's not traditional eye candy, but it's a very similar sort of thing.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Cleretic posted:

I'd tentatively give that one. Jessica was actually created as one of Spider-Man's random classmates, there to color scenes and provide some early 'oooh maybe a girl likes Peter' color. It's not traditional eye candy, but it's a very similar sort of thing.

I... Don't remember that at all from the original run.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Endless Mike posted:

Fantastic Four: Road Trip

Ha! Now THAT"S how you subvert expectations!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Uthor posted:

I... Don't remember that at all from the original run.

It's from issues 22 and 23 of Alias, but I would not characterize it in the fashion that OP did, at all.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Toshimo posted:

It's from issues 22 and 23 of Alias, but I would not characterize it in the fashion that OP did, at all.

Yeah, she's a classmate of Spider-Man's, but somehow centering that relationship on Spider-Man and not, you know, the main character of the book. :psyduck: I'd say it's more accurate that Peter (and the Human Torch :shlick:) is in the book as eye candy for Jessica.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Toshimo posted:

I might be fumbling a google confirmation, but I think Jessica Jones was based on (and later confirmed to be) one of the random classmates from early Spider-Man.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure she's just there for that Jessica joke

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Obviously Gwenpool is referring to Jessica Jones' Jewel days, which were before she came into publication.

Alias introduced us to Jessica Jones as we know her. But before she existed? Total eye-candy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Guys, the answer is that Gwenpool Strikes Back is a bad comic book and you shouldn't think about it.

Black Widow #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Jessica Jones premiered in her Marvel MAX series Alias where she's a hard drinking private detective who used to be a superhero.

well after that series ended, in an issue of New Avengers, well after she's married to Luke Cage and has a child with him she says when she was in high school she had a crush on Peter Parker. If there are any panels that exist showing them actually in high school together they were drawn after that issue.