Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Thanks guys those fixes seemed to help out tremendously.

Is there a Goon Platoon (tm)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

ClydeFrog posted:

But really, gently caress snipers that can quick scope when you've already pouring rounds into them. That seems very silly. Their health is almost gone, then you get a scope glint and boom - deaded. Surely there should be some flinch?

Come, play hardcore, we all float down here.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Crain posted:

Inkslasher did some looking into XP rates and it seems from that they nerfed the XP you get on the NukeTown playlist. He was getting about a level every 12 minutes on regular TDM, but on Nuketown he was getting 2x the score/min and still was getting about one per 12 minutes.

Fastest was Fireteam Dirty bomb at about a level per 5 min, but you had to be top slot and earning 30+ kills.

Seems Treyarch is desperately trying to slow peopl down from maxing out their guns because they have absolutely nothing in the bank to add to the game yet.

Lmao if you think it has anything to do with lack of content instead of trying to get people to purchase xp tokens/Doritos with XP tokens

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't think I've ever cashed in a doritos video game promo. And I eat a lot of doritos

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I don't think I've ever cashed in a doritos video game promo. And I eat a lot of doritos

When I worked at target my coworker gave me a whole roll of the Titanfall 2 promo code stickers so I had infinite double XP and all the target skins in that game.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
pours one out for TitFall3

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

funkmeister posted:

pours one out for TitFall3

Why make compelling shooters when you can make one map and a bunch of skins for 45 million dollars a month.

Wonder when War zone is going to do the fortnite thing and start selling ad space to anyone with a greasy dollar and poser model skins. Surely a collab with the US military cannot be far away. Maybe they could do a deal with Raytheon where you can use the cruise missile perk to blow up busses.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DLC where every enemy is brown.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

DLC where every enemy is brown.

As hosed up as it is i would almost welcome that because Cold War has the issue that all skin-heavy military shooters, all the teams look the same so you often have to rely on UI elements to see who to shoot.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Crain posted:

Inkslasher did some looking into XP rates and it seems from that they nerfed the XP you get on the NukeTown playlist. He was getting about a level every 12 minutes on regular TDM, but on Nuketown he was getting 2x the score/min and still was getting about one per 12 minutes.

Fastest was Fireteam Dirty bomb at about a level per 5 min, but you had to be top slot and earning 30+ kills.

Seems Treyarch is desperately trying to slow peopl down from maxing out their guns because they have absolutely nothing in the bank to add to the game yet.

On the other hand, now you can play whatever gamemode you want without feeling like you're missing out on exp by not grinding shipment/nuketown/whatever.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Talking about XP, I can't believe the balls of Mountain Dew to do the promotion that they are having right now. Apply to win the *chance* for a *year's* worth of XP. They have finally made it so that they have to spend no actual money on grand prizes, just have activision make the hamster wheel spin a little faster.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

porktree posted:

Come, play hardcore, we all float down here.

I tried hardcore and it was absolutely batshit. Oh the one hand 50 kills - on the other - 52 deaths...

I did my damascus in MW HC but I don't know if I have it in me to grind out these guns. Some of them are absolutely hateful. The only reason to reload them is to make the weapon heavier for when you throw it at someone.

Nuketown is far far far better than shipment at least.

Is HC still instadeath?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The main problem with Nuketown is that, like 2fort, it attracts the dumbest players imaginable.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Roth posted:

The main problem with Nuketown is that, like 2fort, it attracts the dumbest players imaginable.

?? I don't know what you mean; I sit in a corner, people run past, I shoot them in the back. What's wrong with that, huh? HUH?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Nuketown and shipment and the like exist for mindless gameplay of the lowest caliber and to expect anything more is your own problem

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

mindless gameplay

I could put a lot of thought and effort into 5v5 CS matches or I could play 24/7 fy_iceworld.

Honestly, it's just the arcade version of CoD. Run around, shoot things, die. No stress, no pressure.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Please stop matching me with full prestige people with maxed everything I've played literally 11 hours

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Please please please make the zombie exfil choice window actually disappear. This whole game mode is so buggy. Kept showing people down that weren't and frequently my field upgrades just wouldn't fire. It's so close to being really awesome.

The only thing they probably can't fix is the fact I'm not very good...

Prowler
May 24, 2004

ClydeFrog posted:

Please please please make the zombie exfil choice window actually disappear. This whole game mode is so buggy. Kept showing people down that weren't and frequently my field upgrades just wouldn't fire. It's so close to being really awesome.

Same UI bug, but with Depositing Uranium. It appears to happen 9 out of the 10 matches I play: the progress bar and text are stuck in the middle of my screen for the entire match.

I have not seen it lately, but there was a bug in the beta that I know wasn't fixed where, if the killcam bugs while someone on the enemy team who killed you is down, there is a chance that the "downed" symbol will remain onscreen, as though it is one of your team members that needs help. What's worse/better, it will not go away, so you can see that one person on the map at all times.

I haven't played in a few days and I don't plan to until the next major patch. I have fun, but my game crashes too much.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I havent played a COD since MW2 on the 360 and I am having a grand ol time with this on my PS5. Shootin feels great and the maps are fun. This feels barely any different than my memories of the classic cod days. Not having the context of the past 10 years of COD probably helping my opinion, but regardless, I just dont get what people find so unbearable about this iteration?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

AccountSupervisor posted:

I havent played a COD since MW2 on the 360 and I am having a grand ol time with this on my PS5. Shootin feels great and the maps are fun. This feels barely any different than my memories of the classic cod days. Not having the context of the past 10 years of COD probably helping my opinion, but regardless, I just dont get what people find so unbearable about this iteration?

that it barely feels any different from those old titles is part of the issue

it's right on the heels of a very good COD that actually iterated and felt different/like a step forward, and while Cold War absolutely does some things better, the overall experience is very much not an unalloyed improvement and feels like a step back in some ways

this is exacerbated by the extent to which it feels relatively unfinished/unpolished compared to Modern Warfare on (and shortly after) launch

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

My game keeps crashing in fireteam, get hitching in zombies, computer probably just can't handle it, funny warzone works just fine and I'd assume that's more intensive but what do I know.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

LGD posted:

that it barely feels any different from those old titles is part of the issue

it's right on the heels of a very good COD that actually iterated and felt different/like a step forward, and while Cold War absolutely does some things better, the overall experience is very much not an unalloyed improvement and feels like a step back in some ways

this is exacerbated by the extent to which it feels relatively unfinished/unpolished compared to Modern Warfare on (and shortly after) launch

Ah, that makes sense. My COD standards were dirt low coming into this and honestly part of the reason I fell off COD was because it was getting past the simple more arcadey feel of why I enjoyed it, so that step back is probably why Im digging cold war plenty. But I get if youre dumping $$$ into COD every year that you probably expect more and want to see it move forward.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

This is the first Black Ops I've ever played which is probably why I'm finding it quite engaging.

I got the wonder weapon and then found my first armour was somehow 2500. Which was rude and unexpected.

I wish you wouldn't lose all your salvage when you die, if you're past level 25, good luck staying alive even after the pack-a-punch without something breathing on you and killing you off when you respawn.

ClydeFrog fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 3, 2020

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Got a fun bug where I died and respawned as if I was still damaged. Red tinted screen, pounding vibrations through the controller, short sight range, blurry/dark edges and had to play the whole loving map like that. Mind you my health bar was fine and it persisted through class changes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Grind out the aug and m16 while you can

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-update-nerfs-aug-m16/

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

ClydeFrog posted:

This is the first Black Ops I've ever played which is probably why I'm finding it quite engaging.

I got the wonder weapon and then found my first armour was somehow 2500. Which was rude and unexpected.

I wish you wouldn't lose all your salvage when you die, if you're past level 25, good luck staying alive even after the pack-a-punch without something breathing on you and killing you off when you respawn.

It's actually improved from previous Treyarch games, where if you got downed you would instantly lose all your perks and if you bled out you wouldn't have your guns at the start of the next round. At least in this game, you get a chance to keep some perks if you get revived in time, and even if you don't get revived, you still have your guns and some money to grab perks when you come back up.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

I just maxed the AUG today and... yeah, I was just thinking that it needs a nerf. I've been playing nuketown 24/7 and the thing just lasers people across the map, it's nuts.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Scorestreaks are empirically superior to killstreaks, especially on objective maps, and I don't know why they aren't used in every game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The one thing I don't like about them is it can get real spammy sometimes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

The one thing I don't like about them is it can get real spammy sometimes

Tbh I don't mind the spam as much as I mind the durability of the streaks. It shouldn't take several rockets to take down anything bigger than a spy plane. We had a chopper gunner on Nuketown that wiped the floor because it took *6* rockets to take it out, me and a teammate just standing around hammering it with rockets for several seconds.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Scorestreaks are empirically superior to killstreaks, especially on objective maps, and I don't know why they aren't used in every game

It cheapens the impact when there are 6 UAVs on the map at the same time.

There was one COD that did it right. You could choose either killstreaks or score streaks at a huge cost (and only once per match).

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

It's actually improved from previous Treyarch games, where if you got downed you would instantly lose all your perks and if you bled out you wouldn't have your guns at the start of the next round. At least in this game, you get a chance to keep some perks if you get revived in time, and even if you don't get revived, you still have your guns and some money to grab perks when you come back up.

Oof that sounds harsh way to have played. If I come back up at a round start i only have the weapon I came in with? Is that normal? You essentially pray for an instakill whilst you leg it to your chosen wallgun since your smg or whatever is about as good as a toothpick.

I do appreciate the money tho. Otherwise literally no point staying in the game unless you want to spectate. If you're playing with friends get then to kill the last zombie near the gun you need to buy because at least you'll res next to it.

I tried the brain rot ammo mod and it is quite hilarious as your pet zombie goes on the rampage for you. Wish they would tweak the attachments for the guns tho. On the xm4 for example the early flashlight gives you increased salvage and then 20 gun levels later you can choose Tiger Team to get increased salvage AND lose 10% of your sprint to fire speed. Am I missing something or should those be the other way round surely?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

ClydeFrog posted:

Zombies is a whole dumpster fire of burning human waste. By that I mean it is laggy very often, it is sometimes strangely difficult to find a match (adding the odd crash of BLOPS in the lobby - rebooting my Xbone), and all that you said.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

My issue with scorestreaks is how they're implemented in objective-based games.

Say I am playing Hardpoint. I am a heavy objective guy--I push the active points, and I will usually rotate and set up at the next hard point before the indicator even appears. So, most matches, I'll have a time of 120-170+ within the hardpoint. I'll also have a respectable K:D (usually just this side of positive: like 31-28 or something).

As far as score goes, however, it means jack and poo poo. People who have 5-10 seconds in the hardpoint (usually because they accidentally walked through it), but go around doing nothing but farming kills will hit the top of the leaderboard, while I'll be hovering around 4th, 5th place. Kills still HEAVILY outweigh getting objectives.

Sure, people racking up kills and camping nowhere near the objective are incidentally helping defend the point, but you can't win the game unless at least one person is in the damned point. So they should be rewarded for it in a meaningful way. Not 20 points every few seconds.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The fact that killstreaks add so many points and things are balanced around that is the problem. I think mw3 had it right splitting things up. With the way points are awarded you'll never get a gunship playing the objective.

E.g. the 4th kill in a steak being with 400 points, then the 5th 500 compared to an objective of +20 every few seconds

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Death mics are the best thing in this game. I kept killing the same dude earlier and hearing him yell “WHAT!?” slightly louder each time was great, culminating in the classic couch slap reaction when I killed him with a hatchet throw.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Did they delay the Cold War first season?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I dont understand, wouldn't you simply get several kills AND hold the objective? :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

jase1 posted:

Did they delay the Cold War first season?

Yep.

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2020/12/Black-Ops-Cold-War-and-Warzone-Season-One-Release-Date