Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Goddamn, a sporelacer/haymaker/splat kitgun is just like a rapid-fire kuva tonkor with a juicy, gooey payload.

Highly recommended!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

McKilligan posted:

Goddamn, a sporelacer/haymaker/splat kitgun is just like a rapid-fire kuva tonkor with a juicy, gooey payload.

Highly recommended!

I should have just gone with this instead of attempting the infinite ammo build, which doesn't work with lethal torrent on

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I just wish that Arcane Awakening worked with Pax Charge, but I figure that would push kitguns too far into OP territory. Can always just drop in Arcane Arachne anyway.

Still, Sporelacer + Arcane Velocity + Awakening with any of the other Pax Arcanes is still utterly bonkers. AOE splash for days.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 1, 2020

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Hoping for some advice, I last played when Fortuna came out, so I’ve returned and there feels like a whole bunch of new systems in place.

What if anything should I be focusing on right now? Deimos seems the most likely to need my attention, but I can also see the rail jack stuff, and the Steel path. That’s not including the weird CSI stuff in the glassmaker night wave.

Am I right in focusing on Deimos?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Funnily enough, if you do deimos now, you'll catch up on glassmaker pretty quick since you'll often get glass people coming in to say hi on the longer mission format. So two birds with one stone.
Edit: this is to progress through the "story" of glassmaker that is. Given this season of NW you'll have plenty of time and warning before it shuts down so you can get to 30 first.

Railjack is better when you're carried by a goon with a fully kitted ship murdering everything with tether, so that can sit by the wayside until you want to interact with it. Unless you really want the sentient arm cannon right now, that is.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
And if you want to do steel path, I'd just stick to the daily alerts so there's actual people joining rather than brute forcing the entire star chart alone. It's why I've stopped SP till arcana hits console

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

And if you want to do steel path, I'd just stick to the daily alerts so there's actual people joining rather than brute forcing the entire star chart alone. It's why I've stopped SP till arcana hits console

I guess my point about steel path is whether it’s worth it? Same with rail jack? Are the rewards worth the time I could be spending farming or grinding out a different activity, or is it fun enough to run for fun alone? I’m always paralysed by choices after returning from a long break.

“ Unless you really want the sentient arm cannon right now, that is.”

I mean this sounds rad, but so does a necromech!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Steel path is largely decorative rewards and things you can already get from other places like kuva. Railjack rewards mostly improve railjack. The other stuff is like credits and void traces. Nothing that will change your gameplay outside of railjack.

Deimos has mechs, a frame, and new weapons. So it has the most impactful rewards that can be used outside of it.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Railjack is great for solo grinding MR.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

temple posted:

Steel path is largely decorative rewards and things you can already get from other places like kuva. Railjack rewards mostly improve railjack. The other stuff is like credits and void traces. Nothing that will change your gameplay outside of railjack.

Deimos has mechs, a frame, and new weapons. So it has the most impactful rewards that can be used outside of it.

I've read that Railjack is a good way to get cephalon residue for Glassmaker, but just joining groups randomly doesn't get you a lot. (The glass notification doesn't seem to come up until the mission's over.) Probably requires dedicated farming effort.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If you find yourself in the unenviable position of needing more Cephalite Resonance, open-world bounties and thrall hunting are two good places to look (the latter only if you're interested in Lichy bullshit otherwise).

Also, for god's sake, spoil yourself on the Glassmaker investigation/key items https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nightwave/Series_3 I'm generally one of the bigger Nightwave fans in the discord, but even I think the "investigation" aspect of this season is garbage. Don't waste time and resonance, just go to that site, click "Expand" on Series 3: GLASSMAKER, then "Expand" on episodes, then take note of what the possible options are for each clue.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ludo Friend posted:

I guess my point about steel path is whether it’s worth it? Same with rail jack? Are the rewards worth the time I could be spending farming or grinding out a different activity, or is it fun enough to run for fun alone? I’m always paralysed by choices after returning from a long break.

“ Unless you really want the sentient arm cannon right now, that is.”

I mean this sounds rad, but so does a necromech!

Railjack can't be soloed, which means you need more effort than Steel Path. In the grand scheme both give you some MR, but Steel Path also gives you some spoiler cosmetics. I'd do the alerts and NW tasks and just grind Deimos until they release AI crew for Rrail Jack.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Railjack can't be soloed, which means you need more effort than Steel Path. In the grand scheme both give you some MR, but Steel Path also gives you some spoiler cosmetics. I'd do the alerts and NW tasks and just grind Deimos until they release AI crew for Rrail Jack.

Railjack can, however, be Duo'd fairly easily. its a great way to knock a lot of small things out with one go.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Solo railjack is extremely doable up to gian point and remains feasible after that, so long as you have tether. Void cloak, battle forge, and arty cheap shot are all high priority but only tether is really necessary.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Thanks for all the feedback, it’s all been useful!

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

smallmouth posted:

Railjack is great for solo grinding MR.

I'd second this for leveling frames and archwings (haven't tried it lately, but at the time, you could just sit in the archwing launcher...edit: obviously not solo anymore). It's a two-fer.

For weapons, ESO is probably better.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Actually, you get a TON of affinity sitting in a gunners chair on veiljack missions. Enough to just sort of lazily do all the kuva weapons, even at the annoying 36-40 tier. Better with affinity and cred boosters, of course, and you sorta have to have a friend willing to do it with you, but its a good all around farm.

Basically you just hit drydock to grab new gear and go back out.

The downside is you basically need a friend with a decent ship. As was mentioned earlier, tether's the big one, but I find artillery cheap shot adds the most speed because you can clear a mission without ever breaking your stride.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Ludo Friend posted:

Hoping for some advice, I last played when Fortuna came out, so I’ve returned and there feels like a whole bunch of new systems in place.

What if anything should I be focusing on right now? Deimos seems the most likely to need my attention, but I can also see the rail jack stuff, and the Steel path. That’s not including the weird CSI stuff in the glassmaker night wave.

Am I right in focusing on Deimos?

I'd focus on getting some Kuva lich weapons and getting those leveled up. Kuva Nukor is probably the most used gun right now and is useful in so many different ways. Kuva hind quartakk and khom are extremely powerful, and all the rest can be made to be extremely powerful

I'd also focus on getting that umbra forma from nightwave. That will be gone in two months. Also the final sword you get as a reward from finishing all 5 nightwave scenes and the boss is extremely good.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

hypnophant posted:

Solo railjack is extremely doable up to gian point and remains feasible after that, so long as you have tether. Void cloak, battle forge, and arty cheap shot are all high priority but only tether is really necessary.

yeah I assumed starting solo RJ from scratch

if you get carried until you have tether you still need a carry

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Solo RJ from scratch is pure misery and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Don't do this.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

genericnick posted:

Solo RJ from scratch is pure misery and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Don't do this.

I don't want to jack it alone even with an amazing ship. Jack it crew all the way!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you join as crew to someone's already kitted out railjack you'll very quickly get all the experience/mods/weapon drops to maxed out your own railjack without ever stepping inside it until then.

So leaves little incentive to ever use a badly equipped railjack so long as you can bum a ride.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Guilty posted:

I'd also focus on getting that umbra forma from nightwave. That will be gone in two months. Also the final sword you get as a reward from finishing all 5 nightwave scenes and the boss is extremely good.

I got the sword just for doing the 5th scene and ignoring the others which saved me a ton of the NW resource considering I am a dumbass and did not understand a couple of the clues in the multiple choice section.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

New Baro mods. Not guaranteed for this visit but usually new mods come within one or two rotations.

+66% self stagger radius

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
use primed sure footed

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Gotta get past the login count first.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

SkyeAuroline posted:

New Baro mods. Not guaranteed for this visit but usually new mods come within one or two rotations.

+66% self stagger radius

why the hell aren't they exilus

it's especially funny since they nerfed explosion radii for most (maybe all?) explosive weapons a while back to begin with, so not only are they selling us back functionality that they arbitrarily removed in the first place, they expect you to also give up real mods to get it

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

DE sure know what the people want ..

More useless primed mods that increase potency one of the most unfun components of the game, self stagger.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

slow_twitch posted:

More useless primed mods that increase potency one of the most unfun components of the game, self stagger.

somebody clearly isn't using primed sure-footed :colbert:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

slow_twitch posted:

These primed mods are the absolute best thing DE has added to the game this year and I will be buying both of them immediately

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

I use a blast radius extend on my acceltra, and it's pretty rad for crowd control.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, I'll by happy to put that on the ol' DIXUCC ARZBENI KUVA TONKOR.*

*with a compass in the stock.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 2, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

why isn't stretch exilus?

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Prop Wash posted:

These primed mods are the absolute best thing DE has added to the game this year and I will be buying both of them immediately

You think they are better than Bonewidow? Wow hosed up if true..

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm ready for Pox to fill entire rooms with farts.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm still mad that Magazine Warp and Fast Hands aren't exilus.

hypnophant posted:

Speaking of things that can and can't be done on a solo railjack, I'm still straightening out what does and doesn't cost ammunition or damage crewships. So the giant cannon has its own crafted ammo in the form of dome charges, and secondary attack on both the piloting turret and the side turrets use crafted ammo in the form of munitions? Is it even worth using either if you aren't flying solo?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I Am Just a Box posted:

Is it even worth using either if you aren't flying solo?

Missiles are for deleting skold shields, that's about it

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

I Am Just a Box posted:

Speaking of things that can and can't be done on a solo railjack, I'm still straightening out what does and doesn't cost ammunition or damage crewships. So the giant cannon has its own crafted ammo in the form of dome charges, and secondary attack on both the piloting turret and the side turrets use crafted ammo in the form of munitions? Is it even worth using either if you aren't flying solo?

You’re correct about ammo. There’s also flux for abilities and omni (?) for repairing the ship. The fastest way to clear, solo or not, is tether for clearing fighters, missiles for skald shields or for stray fighters when you don’t want to waste a tether, main cannon for clearing crewships. You should only ever use the tycho seeker, and main cannon will one-shot crewships if you either hit their engines or use the artillery damage mod. If you’re soloing, i prefer to line up my shot and use void cloak before popping into the artillery turret, but you don’t really have to you’ll just spend more time doing repairs.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm pretty sure the area of effect boosting mods aren't exilus because it technically boosts dps in that you're hitting more enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Crew ships have an effective range of about 2500m. As long as you stay outside 3000m you can run down to artillery before they close the distance and shoot you.