Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dogsicle posted:

this one seemed pretty good to me with a lot of demonstration of her use in Abyss in addition to general character breakdown and gearing tips

https://youtu.be/IDoOsrcwPok

Thanks I’ll give this a watch!

No Wave posted:

Either sacrificial bow or favonious warbow + some crit from artifacts. Artifacts imo should be noblesse with Energy recharge sands and HP mainstat everything else (helm can be crit rate or healing or HP depending on which noblesse pieces you own/how she looks otherwise). There's not much to her besides holding E when it's up then pressing Q when it's up, her ascension stat being cryo damage is just a troll and her C4 is a gag.

Her healing shouldn't be lacking if she has a lot of HP. If you're really concerned about it you could go maiden beloved instead but I think she's so right for noblesse and if you're like me you'll have a lot of noblesse HP pieces from farming them for other characters.

Ok well I found my first problem. I wasn’t holding E I was tapping it!

I’m trying to pair her with Deliuc and Fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Diluc is probably ideal. E hold is generally preferred because it's like E pressing 2.5 times with zero time wasted, I think the energy gain increases linearly.

Energy recharge is by far the most important thing on her, especially a C6 Diona, so you'll want to upgrade your ER bow to 60 or higher even though you don't care about the damage.

EDIT: Also! Upgrading her E talent is really important. It actually increases the duration of the cat paws up through level 7. Try to get it to at least level 5.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 2, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah the video is a bit single minded on Maidens as her artifact set when your choice will probably be more based on the teams you run. Noblesse 4pc doesn't stack so whether you run it on her depends on whether you've also got an XQ/Bennett/other running it in the team already

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think the blast occurs at the point of the reaction, as I could swear ranged attacks won't blast you. Perhaps try dropping Guoba or using Amber. Alternatively just eat the damage to Melt the shields and heal, it's more than worth it and you shouldn't die unless your HP is stupidly low.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

Diluc is probably ideal. E hold is generally preferred because it's like E pressing 2.5 times with zero time wasted, I think the energy gain increases linearly.

Energy recharge is by far the most important thing on her, especially a C6 Diona, so you'll want to upgrade your ER bow to 60 or higher even though you don't care about the damage.

EDIT: Also! Upgrading her E talent is really important. It actually increases the duration of the cat paws up through level 7. Try to get it to at least level 5.

This really helps thanks! Gonna play around with her but she seems like she should be pretty drat strong at c6.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well I said I had no resources for Chongyun but I cruised him up to Level 60 with Rank 4 Talents relatively easily. Also made him a Prototype Aminus that's level 70. Hit the resin wall though. Need 1 drop from cryovine and a bunch of books to bump him up to 70 and have talent books to farm later.

Also cryovine dropped me a 5* Gladiator goblet and it had Anemo Damage on it. :negative:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Kind of hilarious how at WL7 it goes from "Ugh I need a dozen of these Basalt Pillars or Cleansing Hearts" to "Wait, it takes how many Gemstones?" Really looking forward to killing the Anemo Hypostasis about 40 times and ending up with more Hurricane Seeds than I will ever be able to use. Would sure be nice to see more than 1-3 Slivers and 1-3 Fragments every run, but hey, the 5 star Gladiator/Wanderer drop rate went up! Not to 100% of course, that would just be silly having one guaranteed for 40 resin, but "better."

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well I said I had no resources for Chongyun but I cruised him up to Level 60 with Rank 4 Talents relatively easily. Also made him a Prototype Aminus that's level 70. Hit the resin wall though. Need 1 drop from cryovine and a bunch of books to bump him up to 70 and have talent books to farm later.

Also cryovine dropped me a 5* Gladiator goblet and it had Anemo Damage on it. :negative:

You can save it, remember you have 1 free slot per character that (currently) cant be used for set bonuses (as they are all 2/4 except the resistance ones)

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Anemo gladiator is ideal for DPS jean, as well

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Might be good for Xiao, lol

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ever since getting Ning online some of these domains are so much easier. I can actually reliably farm for Witch/Lavawalker stuff now since I don’t have only a pyro and electro (well, kinda, it’s Razor so technically physical) carry! :v:

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Nakar posted:

Kind of hilarious how at WL7 it goes from "Ugh I need a dozen of these Basalt Pillars or Cleansing Hearts" to "Wait, it takes how many Gemstones?" Really looking forward to killing the Anemo Hypostasis about 40 times and ending up with more Hurricane Seeds than I will ever be able to use. Would sure be nice to see more than 1-3 Slivers and 1-3 Fragments every run, but hey, the 5 star Gladiator/Wanderer drop rate went up! Not to 100% of course, that would just be silly having one guaranteed for 40 resin, but "better."

I was hoping that the gemstone drop rate at WL7 would be higher as I've been holding off on getting the stuff I'll need for the AR50 ascensions but if that's not really the case I guess I'll have to start farming in preparation

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Ever since getting Ning online some of these domains are so much easier. I can actually reliably farm for Witch/Lavawalker stuff now since I don’t have only a pyro and electro (well, kinda, it’s Razor so technically physical) carry! :v:

Post your Ning's stats, I have her and I've been kinda underwhelmed. I need to do a new artifact run for her now but oof, that lvl 80 enemy battle

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mr Snips posted:

I was hoping that the gemstone drop rate at WL7 would be higher as I've been holding off on getting the stuff I'll need for the AR50 ascensions but if that's not really the case I guess I'll have to start farming in preparation
Nothing scales for WL50 besides bosses and weekly bosses so there's no real reason not to wait. You're better off farming anything else now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Post your Ning's stats, I have her and I've been kinda underwhelmed. I need to do a new artifact run for her now but oof, that lvl 80 enemy battle

She's still not at the best numbers because I'm working on leveling her artifacts/farming for a crit rate petra head, but:

13,112 HP
1,473 Attack
26.5% Crit Rate (again, fishing for that crit head)
57% Crit Damage

2p Noblesse, 2p Petra, Eye of Perception because Klee has my Solar Pearl, next BP I might get a second one for her because I have a good Crit Damage Petra head sitting here. If I can get a Geo Damage Gladiator Cup or good Glad timepiece I can swap to 2p Petra/2p Glad instead and see how that thrills me but those huge bursts of hers are nice. She's also C2, which is so nice for constant jade screens to generate energy/block poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ning's DPS goes up by a lot when you learn to speed up her attacks. Hold a direction while attack, the gap between attacks don't exist, including the charge attack.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tae posted:

Ning's DPS goes up by a lot when you learn to speed up her attacks. Hold a direction while attack, the gap between attacks don't exist, including the charge attack.

Yeah, this was also a big help. Luckily I have lots of practice holding W with attacking thanks to Klee.

Selane
May 19, 2006

So much poo poo gets easier/less annoying when you have Ningguang. Who cares about enemies flying around or whatever when you neither need to get near them nor aim your attacks. Crystallize shields allow you to just ignore a bunch of attacks from elemental enemies and bosses and her burst dps is insane. Attack, attack, attack, 3x Star Jade charged attack, Screen, Ult, Screen, 7x Star Jade charged attack drops Ruin Guards/Hunters in a single combo. Her attacks are also good at knocking enemies around and interrupting then, and her screen just launches multiple guys into orbit.

The secret behind Ningguang is that while her offense doesn't benefit from reactions(though her defense certainly does), she has some of the highest non-situational solo dps of any character, and her dps uptime is unmatched. Doesn't matter if the enemy is jumping around, teleporting, turning invisible, flying in the air, or anything else. Your attacks are literally homing missiles so you never lose dps due to chasing enemies down or having to aim.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Stormgale posted:

You can save it, remember you have 1 free slot per character that (currently) cant be used for set bonuses (as they are all 2/4 except the resistance ones)

Yeah true, could potentially shove it at Venti if I ever bother to give him proper artifacts. Too many things demanding my resin and time in this game and I'm nowhere near as proactive as I should be.

Oh well I'm still just happy to have the good ice boy, hopefully I'll get some constellations for him as I keep pulling. At least C1 would be cool.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Mr Snips posted:

I have now ascended both Keqing and Razor to be level 80/90 and I have 70 seeds left over with just a couple blue ascension mats left over. Drop rate absolutely blows.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Woo! Got my Zhongli as a pity 5*. Love that meteor.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Today I learned there's a PopsicleMains subreddit, how fun. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given there's a KeqingMains subreddit as well.

Wonder if there's other such places for other characters.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Selane posted:

So much poo poo gets easier/less annoying when you have Ningguang. Who cares about enemies flying around or whatever when you neither need to get near them nor aim your attacks. Crystallize shields allow you to just ignore a bunch of attacks from elemental enemies and bosses and her burst dps is insane. Attack, attack, attack, 3x Star Jade charged attack, Screen, Ult, Screen, 7x Star Jade charged attack drops Ruin Guards/Hunters in a single combo. Her attacks are also good at knocking enemies around and interrupting then, and her screen just launches multiple guys into orbit.

The secret behind Ningguang is that while her offense doesn't benefit from reactions(though her defense certainly does), she has some of the highest non-situational solo dps of any character, and her dps uptime is unmatched. Doesn't matter if the enemy is jumping around, teleporting, turning invisible, flying in the air, or anything else. Your attacks are literally homing missiles so you never lose dps due to chasing enemies down or having to aim.

I have a C3 Ning who could be fun on my Childe team, but it's mean Baedou bring benched and I dunno if I could deal with that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh man even with my Chongyun stuck at 60 with talent levels only at 4/4/3 I took him for a test run and already like how he's performing. Being able to spam Frozen while being a claymore user is almost cheating.

I'm trying out a team comp of Chong/Xingqiu/Diona/Sucrose. I figure getting some good crit rate artifacts on Chong on top of the cryo resonance bonus will be a nice chunky damage bonus for him plus he'll help fuel Diona's burst pretty well. Xingqiu is there to provide Unlimited Freeze Works and Sucrose is there for the swirling, grouping, and cryo res debuffing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gandlethorpe posted:

Side note, I hit friendship 10 with Chongyun yesterday, and the game repays me by not giving him a single constellation in like 90 pulls :(
the noelle curse...

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
pulled razor and c1'd my chong, probably gonna have to chuck razor into the 'level sometime' pool for the moment

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Ah, the Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon.

It has a nice sheen.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/k5ltyl/were_not_saying_zhong_li_is_bad_just_to_make_you/

Reddit is loving wild man. Zhongli is bad and this is inexcusable because of investment.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
These treasure compasses are all kinds of fun. I'm having so many adventures! Today I found a little hilichurl cave with two exquisites and a precious while I was doing the chili run above Stone Gate.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
They really are! I didn't even think about the treasure compass when I chose which rep I wanted first (I just wanted that good good red glider!), but it has been a blast finding all the treasures in Liyue.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bussamove posted:

She's still not at the best numbers because I'm working on leveling her artifacts/farming for a crit rate petra head, but:

13,112 HP
1,473 Attack
26.5% Crit Rate (again, fishing for that crit head)
57% Crit Damage

2p Noblesse, 2p Petra, Eye of Perception because Klee has my Solar Pearl, next BP I might get a second one for her because I have a good Crit Damage Petra head sitting here. If I can get a Geo Damage Gladiator Cup or good Glad timepiece I can swap to 2p Petra/2p Glad instead and see how that thrills me but those huge bursts of hers are nice. She's also C2, which is so nice for constant jade screens to generate energy/block poo poo.

Ah, I have maybe half that much attack so that explains a lot.

Are you treating her like a complete full on DPS character and maximg her out on levels too or is she just at 60?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I'm mostly annoyed that 100% exploration completion isn't a reputation reward after combing Monstadt with the compass for the last 6 chests I missed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just pulled Xinyan C5 :shepface:

I guess if I get the last one, it might enable some fun strats

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Pope Urbane II posted:

I'm mostly annoyed that 100% exploration completion isn't a reputation reward after combing Monstadt with the compass for the last 6 chests I missed.

Yeah, they just give you points up to 60, and really that's a reasonable jumpstart. I never really went hardcore into Liyue, just hit things as I came across them, and I was at 60 there on average. Putting a reward at 100 is just going to consign a lot of people to some very dead air.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/k5ltyl/were_not_saying_zhong_li_is_bad_just_to_make_you/

Reddit is loving wild man. Zhongli is bad and this is inexcusable because of investment.

Again Dulic and Klee and Keqing being the baseline for 5* is awful and you can't nerf in a gacha (especially in this case since it's illegal for them to do so without compensating everyone who rolled for them) Like Diluc is just a wall of stats and it's crazy how much better he is vs other characters without even having to put investment into
Zhongli's energy gen HAS to be bugged though there's no way it's that bad.

They're going to have to figure out how to make defensive characters useful everything lategame right now is a dps race. I don't need a 5* for shield when Diona and Ningguang can do that better and more consistently.

It does show why Mihoyo doesn't want leaks because boy was he not like this in the beta and they went the defense route. I'm also starting to get worried after Zhongli and Childe that every 5* is going to need at least a C1 to be useful and that's not good given the awful rates. Honestly the F2P marketing might bite them in the rear end if nothing changes. I'd give it until that one Izuma character comes out if she's lack luster too and the rates are still awful ,oh man we'll have infinite salt mines

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I want to live in this alternate reality where Zhongli is bad

if the crying gets him buffed tho im ok with that

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I think that it's appropriate for the game that 4* and 5* characters are not astronomically different in power to one another. Even if Diluc is the best dps in the game for a year, that's also fine. Is Geo still awkward to use and not have a clear place in the game? Yes, Zhong Li didn't fix that. But strictly in terms of power he seems ok. Not great, but ok.

The big issue is that he is probably the most hyped character in Genshin Impact and to make your most hyped character just 'ok' is gonna piss a lot of people off.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The pillar being rng in how much energy it gives is an actual stupid thing they should fix.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Trihugger posted:

I think that it's appropriate for the game that 4* and 5* characters are not astronomically different in power to one another. Even if Diluc is the best dps in the game for a year, that's also fine. Is Geo still awkward to use and not have a clear place in the game? Yes, Zhong Li didn't fix that. But strictly in terms of power he seems ok. Not great, but ok.

The big issue is that he is probably the most hyped character in Genshin Impact and to make your most hyped character just 'ok' is gonna piss a lot of people off.

This wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if

1)the money to roll ratio wasn't awful leading to people having to spend way more
2) They weren't so averse to handing out primogems so there's less rolling you get naturally.
Seriously Genshin Impact won game of the year in multiple regions and we're getting 800 primos out of it (5 rolls) like lol they couldn't even do a 10 pull

Like you could be like aw man Zhongli sucks but I pulled some other cool stuff but it so hard to get pulls and with new banners coming out so quick it's not surprising to see people feel like "that's wasted"

Like they made their investment money back and then some, yes all gacha's do this slow ramping up but maybe uhhhh speed it up a little bit it terms of rewards. You want people to come to your game and stay.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Genshin is extremely slow in banner rollout though. Like fgo puts out a new banner every other week or even weekly and give less than genshin.