Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Big Beef City posted:

stop doing it then

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
gently caress the Steelers and everyone that has ever rooted for them but the city itself has recovered from rust belt ruin better than basically any other city. Medical and banking are the major earning industries in the city these days as far as I'm aware.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Tom Sellout posted:

Imagining the superbowl of Steelers vs. Packers where refs malfunction trying to give both teams favorable calls

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KH75PmAabIE

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

really queer Christmas posted:

Because its to their benefit and no one ever does anything about it, hell a lot of fans defend bad calls too

i doubt anyone would defend that awful delay of game non call, especially not directly above your post

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

games are decided by the tiniest margins all the time and NFL fans go "nah the refs didn't impact the game"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I would like for Ben Roethlisberger to go away forever.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the refs suck and i just wish theyd lean into it and stop pretending they care about like objective truth or anything and just ditch instant replay entirely. even with infinite replays and every single crutch the refs still gently caress up and decide games constantly so you might as well do it without stopping the games

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AndrewP posted:

games are decided by the tiniest margins all the time and NFL fans go "nah the refs didn't impact the game"

refs do impact games - but there isn't a real bias (although it always seems horrid on the play you get hosed on). refs suck in general. human fallibility is a thing.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

gently caress the Steelers and everyone that has ever rooted for them but the city itself has recovered from rust belt ruin better than basically any other city. Medical and banking are the major earning industries in the city these days as far as I'm aware.

they also have the fentanyl cloud

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AndrewP posted:

I still remember seeing people here say the lack of a dpi call against the rams didn't affect the saints ability to win. Peoples unwillingness to blame bad reffing when its truly bad and game changing baffles me.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

the refs suck and i just wish theyd lean into it and stop pretending they care about like objective truth or anything and just ditch instant replay entirely. even with infinite replays and every single crutch the refs still gently caress up and decide games constantly so you might as well do it without stopping the games

yeah they should just walk out like vince mcmahon and lock dj fluker in a coffin

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Be nice if the good punt had paid off.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Illegal Hen
aw, no safety.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Hines Ward.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
The refs don't give a poo poo about your team, they are just bad.

edit: the refs

double edit: also your team

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

chamois posted:

yeah they should just walk out like vince mcmahon and lock dj fluker in a coffin

can jerome boger just pedigree big ben one time

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Refs are part time and underpaid lol They're exactly as poo poo as their conditions would imply

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mr. Nice! posted:

refs do impact games - but there isn't a real bias (although it always seems horrid on the play you get hosed on). refs suck in general. human fallibility is a thing.

That's a bad defense. There are literally hundreds of things that could be done to drastically improve ref performance. The NFL has Billions of dollar at their disposal. Things should be substantially better and they aren't because the NFL sucks.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Nfl games should be longer imo, every penalty must be called no matter what

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"BEN LITERALLY SERVED MY CHILDREN FIRST COMMUNION AND IT WAS AMAZING AND THEN HE GAVE EACH OF THEM PRESENTS AND SHOOK MY HAND, HONEST." -- these announcers

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

dont forget everybody's gonna get covid from this game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
How do you complete three passes and not get a first there?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Nfl games should be longer imo, every penalty must be called no matter what

17776 rules.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

anyway since this thread is now about wrestling i found this by accident a few days ago and im still reeling from a username own that happened before sa existed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlSIP9A1Rt0&t=417s

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

From what I've heard it's a pretty dilapidated city full of closed down iron mills and very little other industry exists. Since nearly 1-in-3 Pittsburgh residents are unemployed they spend their hours in filthy bars populated with the other drunk, fat Steeler fans.
why are they unemployed, did something happen

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Didn't catch what the pressure looked like on the pocket, but I feel like Ben released that too quick.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tom Sellout posted:

Refs are part time and underpaid lol They're exactly as poo poo as their conditions would imply

Theyre paid like a quarter a million for 4 hour jobs for 17 Sundays. Thats 68 hours worked for a quarter million lol

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

punt/kickoff returns need to be 100% removed from the game

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

amusing bumper music as these teams finally made their...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKcXIFi-Rc

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fartknocker posted:

17776 rules.

20020 is some how even better

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Theyre paid like a quarter a million for 4 hour jobs for 17 Sundays. Thats 68 hours worked for a quarter million lol

What's funny is, like the players, the make millions yet should make a lot more

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

They also go to like 4 training seminars and sometimes review tape. No where near enough for them to leave their real jobs as lawyers, accoutants, and small business tyrants. It's a terrible system.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

chamois posted:

punt/kickoff returns need to be 100% removed from the game

punts, no, KOs, yes

schiano's 4th and 15 now!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Zyla posted:

20020 is some how even better

can't wait for the conclusion!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/GarfieldPipe/status/1333889149330464769

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Tom Sellout posted:

Yeah, this is 100% why. The NFL could easily afford to field teams of professionals, but then they would want commensurate compensation, might unionize, etc. The NFL can easily control the current refs, who are primarily well-off hobbyist chuds, and whatever damage they do to the game is outweighed by all the money they save.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's a bad defense. There are literally hundreds of things that could be done to drastically improve ref performance. The NFL has Billions of dollar at their disposal. Things should be substantially better and they aren't because the NFL sucks.

I really like the pylon cams integrated this year. Those are loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

can't wait for the conclusion!

fukcing jon bois made me cry reading a clock count down