Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Something rubs me the wrong way about "actually, my guy fumbled" challenges.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

really queer Christmas posted:

I will never not post

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

chamois posted:

this posting is gonna look really goofy when the true jobbing begins

It looks goofier to complaining about it

Edit: ridiculous we didnt get at least a first down from these cheating refs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well, the challenge did keep the drive alive.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

i contend that it does not

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

wyoak posted:

Well shoot, I’m out of ideas

I guess just review every play, would allow for more commercials and the nfl could be on for 16 hours every Sunday

making the refs full time was not about making them better it was about tieing the refs entirely to the nfl so there would never be another prolonged labor stoppage and any threat of a lockout would instantly garner an unconditional victory for the nfl instead of being almost unconditional and taking a few months

the nfl has stomped the gently caress out of the refs union same as the players union

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Watching Pete Rose sell that tombstone reminded me of a celebrity appearance I think from one of the Jackass guys who decided to no sell Umanga.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&time_continue=236&v=8ihO8ID7zYg

Them talking about that bit is pretty great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8LuvSh_dk&t=150s

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

TFF is full of scabs, drat

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Can anyone explain what a catch is yet?

That would have been catch and fumble under the old rules as well. He wasn't going down when he fumbled, so there's need to maintain possession to the ground. He took three or four steps before the dude punches the ball out.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
You can see the covid run up Marcus Peters' leg in realtime

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I do enjoy when Hump gets a clean shot on someone

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

lol we aren't going to have a team at this rate

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Edit: ridiculous we didnt get at least a first down from these cheating refs

sorry i only accept rules explanations about why the refs helping the steelers is cool and good if they come via mp3 of a guy describing smoke signals he sees in the distance

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
gg Ravens

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Can anyone explain what a catch is yet?

Nah.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Log082 posted:

sorry i only accept rules explanations about why the refs helping the steelers is cool and good if they come via mp3 of a guy describing smoke signals he sees in the distance

I also accept semaphore signals

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

lol that coverage ruled

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Oh look, a broken pass.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'll always wana watch a guy with crazy dreads karate chop away a touchdown

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

He dropped that pass on purpose b/c he felt bad the refs were being too nice to the Steelers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Welp, time for the baby's check up. It's been cool posting with y'all this Wednesday afternoon. Glad we could all bear witness to this crime against justice and good sense. We march on Pittsburgh at dawn.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

He dropped that pass on purpose b/c he felt bad the refs were being too nice to the Steelers

if the refs erased any of the steelers points it'd be at best 9-7 right now i'm not sure what point you're trying to make

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

The refs want to erase the Ravens from the league and it's obvious

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
get one, any, of these 3rd down stops

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

just because it was seemingly marginal poo poo at the end of the half doesn't make it any more absurd that they just wiped 3 points off the board by not calling a play correctly. you're upset because people noticed and keep mentioning it?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm glad that your team is hanging on against the ravens practice squad but i'm really not sure what you're so gleeful about

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

chamois posted:

just because it was seemingly marginal poo poo at the end of the half doesn't make it any more absurd that they just wiped 3 points off the board by not calling a play correctly. you're upset because people noticed and keep mentioning it?

complaining about bad reffing is just fans being salty. i also hold this opinion about PI calls in the superbowl.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

making the refs full time was not about making them better it was about tieing the refs entirely to the nfl so there would never be another prolonged labor stoppage and any threat of a lockout would instantly garner an unconditional victory for the nfl instead of being almost unconditional and taking a few months

the nfl has stomped the gently caress out of the refs union same as the players union

drat that sucks, I remember reading they won the lockout and I didnt know they actually acquiesced entirely to demands. That actually kinda sucks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If this game goes into overtime, will it cut away to the lighting of the Christmas tree?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Murdering you own lineman shameful

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

chamois posted:

i'm glad that your team is hanging on against the ravens practice squad but i'm really not sure what you're so gleeful about

you gotta admire the steelers ability to bounce back and actually be competitive against bob this time. altho ofc last time their playoff berth was on the line lol

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

Them talking about that bit is pretty great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8LuvSh_dk&t=150s

jesus christ

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

chamois posted:

Just as a reminder the Rams lost to the Niners practice squad

lol

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Android Apocalypse posted:

If this game goes into overtime, will it cut away to the lighting of the Christmas tree?

Yes Jesus is king

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

It’s a shame the Ravens got hosed at the end of the half, because their defense is definitely wearing down.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

chamois posted:

lol

Chukwuma Okorafor getting injured is ruining the nfl's script

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
poop

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:fork:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

It’s a shame the Ravens got hosed at the end of the half, because their defense is definitely wearing down.

Still shoulda held onto that ball on the last play even though the Steelers guy made a good late play on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Two scores for the ravens isn't happening