Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
But the executives NEED those bonuses, don’t you see!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
My reading comprehension is off this morning. I thought it was an additional 32k, it is 4K more than the already reported 28k.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Probably the only use of the punisher skull on police/military/prisec trinkets that isn’t a copyright violation.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
My travel buddies and I were comiserating tonight about traveling and tossing around crazy ideas for when sanity gets reestablished in the world.

What do you think of this situation?

4 travelers - 2 travelers staying at WDW for two weeks, 2 travelers staying 4-5 days at WDW, and 4-7 days cruising RT from Port Canaveral, then returning to WDW for the remaining days.

What recommendations would you make for such an excursion plan?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

poolside toaster posted:

My travel buddies and I were comiserating tonight about traveling and tossing around crazy ideas for when sanity gets reestablished in the world.

What do you think of this situation?

4 travelers - 2 travelers staying at WDW for two weeks, 2 travelers staying 4-5 days at WDW, and 4-7 days cruising RT from Port Canaveral, then returning to WDW for the remaining days.

What recommendations would you make for such an excursion plan?

We need a general budget to make really good suggestions

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

We need a general budget to make really good suggestions

$6-10k?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Just speaking generally, the folks that stay at WDW for that long are going to (hopefully) have a much more chill and relaxed time unless they're the rope drop/close the park types but for that much time I'd really take it easy.

We did 9 days at WDW when we got engaged and it was a good relaxed trip since we had plenty of time. Then we did a cruise -> disney for our honeymoon and we were pretty wiped out be the time we made it to the parks and we should have probably done them in reverse. We thought the cruise would be more downtime and relaxing but between all the drat food constantly and planning a few activities a day it really was go go go.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 29, 2020

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I would definitely recommend parks first, cruise second.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/USJ_Official/status/1333274615523655680?s=19

Opens February 4th, plus some new photos.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

How’s that kart ride work? Looks sick.

Edit: Found a vid sorta

https://twitter.com/quicktake/status/1333288722633089025?s=21

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 30, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Skeezy posted:

How’s that kart ride work? Looks sick.

Edit: Found a vid sorta

https://twitter.com/quicktake/status/1333288722633089025?s=21

If I'm not actively yeeting 20 pound concrete shells at the heads of innocent riders, I am disappointed.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
When DCA re-opens you could throw Mickey Premium Bars at the other car on Radiator Springs Racers

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://twitter.com/olive_m4/status/1333453741463396353

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I wonder if they are using empty Disneyland as an opportunity to shoot an episode of Mandalorian there.

Cause you know Mando is going to Black Spire Outpost at some point

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
someone make an account on Disboards and reply "that's because there's a pandemic" to every single thread

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

someone make an account on Disboards and reply "that's because there's a pandemic" to every single thread

finally, my time has come

do we even know what they're doing over at Disneyland to keep it together?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Downtown Disney (along with Buena Vista Street in DCA) are open for shopping and some dining options...and that's about it.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Downtown Disney (along with Buena Vista Street in DCA) are open for shopping and some dining options...and that's about it.

so all the buildings inside the park are just happily rotting away, poo poo's rusting, and it's gonna be a nightmare to bring both parks back up to normal maintenance?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
No? Most of the rides, especially big ones, will go down for months at a time. They're not letting the park go full River Country.

It probably sucks to live in the immediate surrounding neighborhood though, due to all the vermin going elsewhere for food.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Counterpoint: Somebody gotta feed the kitties.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

so all the buildings inside the park are just happily rotting away, poo poo's rusting, and it's gonna be a nightmare to bring both parks back up to normal maintenance?

No? Most amusement/theme parks don't run year round anyway and that's never an issue. I'm sure they're still doing regular inspections and maintenance as well as running up certain rides every so often to make sure stuff keeps working the way it's supposed to. It's not like the landscaping and maintenance staff can't perform their jobs while practicing social distancing.

Sure, when the state finally gives them permission to reopen there will probably be a week's worth of paint to touch up, lightbulbs to replace, and locks to change because nobody knows where the key to some closet disappeared to, but all that can happen while crews sweep floors, prep food, and stock shelves. This is completely normal for any park that operates seasonally. There's no way Disney (or any other major California park operator, for that matter) is going to abandon hundreds of millions of dollars in attractions. We're not talking about Nara Dreamland here.

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 2, 2020

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Yeah, my work is going to take me to Kansas City early next year and I was super excited for a chance to go to Silver Dollar City..... but NOPE SDC apparently closes for months at a time!

I am so spoiled by Disney/Universal

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah I haven't watched the Disneyland stuff closely, but I have to imagine they are keeping a skeleton crew of engineers and general maintenance on hand to keep stuff running and things tidy

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's even parks in florida that close for the "winter"

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Empress Brosephine posted:

There's even parks in florida that close for the "winter"

yep, because nobody travels between holiday season and tax season

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I mean yeah I was literally wondering if we had any details on the skelly crew that's all

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's Disney, their skeleton crews are all actual skeletons designed by the Imagineers(tm)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It was rumored that Disneyland wasn't being maintained properly during the lockdown, but I can confirm that Disney World and Universal Orlando had people in there daily or almost daily to keep everything maintained and prep for reopening.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

DL looked fine on the holiday special they had Thanksgiving night

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

alg posted:

DL looked fine on the holiday special they had Thanksgiving night

Pretty sure that was old/reused footage from a prior holiday special. A “Filmed 2017” graphic flashed by at one point.

But yes, Disneyland used to not be open all the time and even I remember when it wasn’t open every day of the week so at some point in your vacation you had to find something else to do. Even when Disney was at risk of being split apart by vulture capitalists and most of the lights on Main Street had burned out, things weren’t that much worse than they were earlier this year with Jungle Cruise boats sinking etc.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I think they filmed the Houghs' parts in DL this year, but all the other segments were old, yeah

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Well, I found a reason that might be worth risking going to at least the Poly:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I was listening to a recent Jim Hill and he mentioned a current WDW guest survey that if people would be interested in getting room delivery from any single food service on property. That's a neat idea but I'm not sure how much I'd utilize it.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Going out is usually part of what I consider a holiday. Eating in a hotel room doesn't have the same appeal.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Room service exists. But is it worth ordering AKL food from your Contemporary room?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

There is no good dinner at Hollywood Studios that is not a table service credit in my honest opinion (and fantasmicalways interferes) and I always end up with room service pizza, so a longer menu would be kinda neat?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm def in the camp of I'd rather be at the restaurants but I suppose I could see myself fairly intoxicated at CBR some night and ordering an entire Ohana spread

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even know how that would work considering the walk to the actual restaurant (like something that isn't immediately accessable from the MK underground) and then the at least twenty minute drive to the resorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

I don't even know how that would work considering the walk to the actual restaurant (like something that isn't immediately accessable from the MK underground) and then the at least twenty minute drive to the resorts.

bizarro door dash?

It really just sounds like there'd be a central kitchen (or a few of them) and you'd have disneyeats! show up at your hotel room door.