Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Deffo gonna buy one it's impossible to own too many HM2s might as well have the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snowy posted:

One dollar!

cheating rear end bitch, prepare to be nancy kerrigan'd in the parking lot after this taping

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Chalupa Joe posted:

Cool, mk2 tonebenders are rad.

Ehhh, I guess. I'm more of a fuzzrite guy. I think everyone was expecting a waza fz-2 or a brand new boss fuzz. Nope.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spanish Manlove posted:

cheating rear end bitch, prepare to be nancy kerrigan'd in the parking lot after this taping

Hey I could have gone $201 :v:

I’ll take my beating now

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

The Muppets On PCP posted:

they'll probably go for a good bit less used fairly soon after if all the other pedals are any indication
Except the DC-2W :mad:

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Concatenation posted:

guitarists are idiots who know literally nothing about how pedals work

Magic. That's all I need to know. :colbert:

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

I sold my programmable loop switcher to some dude on the internet and when the package was already in the mail I told the guy that I had not erased any of my patches and (jokingly) that he could use mine if he wanted.

And he replied that he was looking forward to hearing them.

What?

Did he not understand what he just bought?!?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm just gonna dump endless stuff in this thread. Local Facebook marketplace turned up this Xplorer:

Which reminded me of my old bands guitar amps at one point: one guitarist's was a Mesa head with the metal front. The other guy had a pretty great Peavy head that he had bought from someone who clearly wanted the Mesa look, so the guy had cut out some floor plating to fit the amp. It looked much like the Xplorer, and perfectly accented the Mesa.

The Peavy eventually got sold to pay for an AC30. That settled the looks debate pretty finally.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh no

These things are $35,000

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BonHair posted:

I'm just gonna dump endless stuff in this thread. Local Facebook marketplace turned up this Xplorer:

the original custom shop guitar james hetfield commissioned weighs like 14lb and was once on display at the met

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/755576

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I like it, but I also own this Explorer copy

That does this

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

widefault posted:

I like it, but I also own this Explorer copy

That does this

Hetfield's Explorers are all awesome, but once ESP was prevented from making them anymore, the replacements got boring as hell. A Ken Lawrence is still on my wish list, but I'm not made of money.

And that weird clone thing is rad. Have you posted it on SA before? It looks familiar.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Oh no

These things are $35,000

Seperating the mooks who could afford these from 35 large is actually cool and good.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shugojin posted:

Oh no

These things are $35,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0a7RDPkM8

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

BonHair posted:

Reminded me of this sweet piece:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

former glory posted:

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Related: https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/deftones-guitarist-stephen-carpenter-conspiracy-theory-podcast/amp/

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

former glory posted:

god that thing is ugly

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

guitar isn't too good either

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

And that weird clone thing is rad. Have you posted it on SA before? It looks familiar.

Yeah, it's been posted a few times. Early 80's Hondo, made in Korea. On their Explorer copies they also did checkerboard, spider-web, and EVH-inspired stripes as well as one that was half web/half EVH-stripes. There's a Blue/Orange spiderweb on Reverb right now. Note, no matter what that seller says, it was made in Korea.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

former glory posted:

Weirdly, Post is not a lovely guitar player. There's a couple of vids out there of him doing the main bits of Cliffs of Dover and he owns a bunch of vintage gear too. Not gonna say he's threatening EJ anytime soon but he doesn't suck at all.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

darkwasthenight posted:

Weirdly, Post is not a lovely guitar player. There's a couple of vids out there of him doing the main bits of Cliffs of Dover and he owns a bunch of vintage gear too. Not gonna say he's threatening EJ anytime soon but he doesn't suck at all.

Post is p cool but if you can Google up the footage of his old metalcore band their stage presence is truly stupid music poo poo (although this is true for most bands in said genre so maybe unfair)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the yt commend of "every town has one of these bands" basically sums up the genre

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

field balm posted:

Post is p cool but if you can Google up the footage of his old metalcore band their stage presence is truly stupid music poo poo (although this is true for most bands in said genre so maybe unfair)

in his former band was he known as pre malone?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Muppets On PCP posted:

in his former band was he known as pre malone?

I would think just Malone for that one, pre Malone would be the one prior to that even

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

I would think just Malone for that one, pre Malone would be the one prior to that even

And at one point he was nu-Malone. But let's all try to forget about that time.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

darkwasthenight posted:

Yeah, he seems like a pretty decent dude and definitely has a good ear. Apparently he took up the guitar after mastering guitar hero in what was presumably some massive gamer/stoner den he lived in before popping off.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

the ur-malone

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Past Malone

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

polynominal-c posted:

And at one point he was nu-Malone. But let's all try to forget about that time.

MALONE BIZKIT

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’m sorry

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Metalcore seems like a very silly name for a genre.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

That’s why it’s so fitting

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

it's a very silly genre

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Melodeath might not be as bad as metalcore but the name is worse

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What the gently caress is Melodeath?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

sigher posted:

Yknow when you’re playing some sweet brutal death metal and someone is complaining like “that’s not music”? It’s made for them.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sigher posted:

this but with loud guitars and slightly less synth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnl1ulaG5k

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

sigher posted:

melodic death metal

essentially when a swedish metal band taps into their abba/max martin genetic heritage and decides that playing heavy but doing it in a palatable versechorusverse kind of way with hooky guitar lines is a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hexwren posted:

essentially when a swedish metal band taps into their abba/max martin genetic heritage and decides that playing heavy but doing it in a palatable versechorusverse kind of way with hooky guitar lines is a good idea

which is funny because it was started by a british band