Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Tae posted:

Genshin is extremely slow in banner rollout though. Like fgo puts out a new banner every other week or even weekly and give less than genshin.

It's not one particular thing it's the sum of the parts. So it's all of these things together that's making it feel bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just want more efficient ways to level people up and also a stable source of items. I can't guarantee I have time to grind up on Monday for the weapon materials I'm going to need.

Also, I forgot to ask. When you guys are leveling people to 60 as support characters, do you keep their weapons up to par with your DPS ones or do they stay at 60 as well?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, I have maybe half that much attack so that explains a lot.

Are you treating her like a complete full on DPS character and maximg her out on levels too or is she just at 60?

Yep, she’s one if my carries so she gets the full leveling/weapon treatment, so both are at level 80.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Chongyun sure can punch well above his weight class in a proper freeze focused party. Decided to go to a bounty with his team not really thinking about my WL being 6. It took a bit of time but I killed the level 81 ruin guard pretty much fine with my level 60 Chongyun.

Popsicle boy is the best.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I mean there's not much harm in doling out more rolls if they started putting out costumes and poo poo, perhaps even some that are genesis crystal only. They'd make another mountain of money, and the extra rolls people had would get them into characters that they'd be tempted to buy costumes for.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

SirKibbles posted:

Again Dulic and Klee and Keqing being the baseline for 5* is awful and you can't nerf in a gacha (especially in this case since it's illegal for them to do so without compensating everyone who rolled for them) Like Diluc is just a wall of stats and it's crazy how much better he is vs other characters without even having to put investment into

As in, like, giving them a bunch of primos, or...?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

S.J. posted:

As in, like, giving them a bunch of primos, or...?

That or something else. In other countries (I think mainly Japan?) there's pretty strict gacha laws where if they were to nerf something then it would no longer be considered the thing that players "paid" for and it becomes a huge legal headache.

As an example from Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Way early on there was a generic armor relic and when it was released the item preview was bugged and showed the maxed out stats on the item at level 1. People made a fuss enough that they increased the stats of the armor to actually match what was erroneously displayed and so even today that 5* piece of armor has like double the stats of any other 5* armor item.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

has anyone in China or somewhere actually tried to take legal action over the stuff like Mona and Venti's skill descriptions getting changed to be less powerful?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
It's still funny to me that everyone thought a Geo character was going to be top tier and were secure enough in that belief to blind pull.

RareAcumen posted:

Also, I forgot to ask. When you guys are leveling people to 60 as support characters, do you keep their weapons up to par with your DPS ones or do they stay at 60 as well?

Probably want to crank up sac or favonius weapons if you have spare mats. Barbara can have a level 1 (refinement 5) Thrilling Tales. If you actually have enough good support weapons to worry about upgrading them all then you're way luckier than me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Yep, she’s one if my carries so she gets the full leveling/weapon treatment, so both are at level 80.

Okay, I'm 20 levels under yours and my weapon hasn't been maxed out either. That explains a lot.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
hm, r4 rust or r1 viridescent hunt, for childe? seems like rust would get bigger numbers but the hunt would make it easier to get those numbers, and the crit is very nice for him...

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Flavahbeast posted:

has anyone in China or somewhere actually tried to take legal action over the stuff like Mona and Venti's skill descriptions getting changed to be less powerful?

Afaik, the only place that has laws against nerfs is Japan. Korea and definitely China offer no such protection. But Koreans are quick to drop games that piss them off too much. Don't know anything about Chinese gacha player habits.

And if that Final Fantasy fiasco happened today, they would not keep the item buffed at incorrect values. Almost any company would just refund the in-game currency amount for anyone that rolled on the banner. Something that Exos Heroes is doing right now.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

awesmoe posted:

hm, r4 rust or r1 viridescent hunt, for childe? seems like rust would get bigger numbers but the hunt would make it easier to get those numbers, and the crit is very nice for him...

I'm reasonably certain Rust R4 beats out VH R1. I haven't pulled a single Rust yet and Childe is my 5* carry, so I went with the Hunt. I think my Crit Rate is like 68% or some such nonsense, it's great.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

awesmoe posted:

Pretty sure Rust is basically a 5* weapon on Childe, especially at that level of refinement. I'd get one of the other BP weapons probably.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

shimmy shimmy posted:

Pretty sure Rust is basically a 5* weapon on Childe, especially at that level of refinement. I'd get one of the other BP weapons probably.

I'm pretty sure Rust and VH are only equal at R1, and Rust beats it out after that, but I could also be misremembering the stuff I saw

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nothing would make me happier than my level 1 Diluc getting nerfed to poo poo and finding thousands of primos in the mail as compensation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nerf Diluc but in exchange give him an rear end

S.J.
May 19, 2008

dogsicle posted:

nerf Diluc but in exchange give him an rear end

nerf diluc and make him shorter with no rear end

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sometimes opening the award for a world boss is just one more step on the road. And then on the last one of the day I got a bonus ascension mat (just enough to ascend), a gold +atk gladiator hourglass with 4 substats, and my first electro goblet over 3*. It's just a 4*, but it's rolled atk% and crit% so far, which is great.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

S.J. posted:

nerf diluc and make him shorter with no rear end

buff diluc but make him use qiqi's model

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

awesmoe posted:

buff diluc but make him use qiqi's model

Now you’re just describing Klee!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Bussamove posted:

Now you’re just describing Klee!

well maybe if the game would give me either of them I'd be in a position to know that!!!!!!!!!!!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

awesmoe posted:

well maybe if the game would give me either of them I'd be in a position to know that!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you considered a tenth Noelle instead?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

What was the projected 5* to come out after Zhongli? Was it Xiao next? Wouldn't mind lining up a pity for him because damnit I need someone to use this 5* spear.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Concensus seems to be that Ganyu is next, then Albedo, Xiao is presumedly in 1.3 in Febuary.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
On the topic of the baseline set by the best 5* characters, I think that Diluc and Venti are the biggest problems, both in being outliers and in the expectations they created. For Diluc it's mostly because of his absurd numbers; Klee can outdamage him, sure, but it takes tricks like animation canceling, which probably wasn't the goal and isn't something most people are going to bother learning beyond maybe "jump after a charge or two normal attacks", whereas Diluc just has big numbers. Compare his normal attack to the other claymore users, for example, and he has a big advantage over them, especially in the higher levels. And unlike Klee, playing Diluc well is zero effort, and doing so "optimally" doesn't require any special knowledge or tricks, plus he has better stats all-around, making much harder to kill (and giving him a slight ATK advantage; Diluc at 80/90 equals Klee at 90/90).

Venti, meanwhile, also has a number problem, but on top of that his burst is absurd and comes out so dang often (which I think is the biggest thing that makes it better than Sucrose's despite their similarities; hers costs more, has a longer CD, and doesn't get energy back for free). He's not a good main DPS, so you still need other characters to do the most important things, but he makes it absurdly easy for them, especially once you get VV for him. Also, this isn't a mechanical thing exactly, but him being so great isn't just a matter of him setting the standard for 5* characters in general, but for Archons as well; people were probably, consciously or not, expecting the second playable god to be comparable to the first, and that just wasn't happening (or at least shouldn't happen probably).

Bit of a tangent, but while Klee, Diluc, and Keqing rightly get most of the focus here, I'm actually curious if one could consider Razor part of the problem here too. After all, he's a 4* who outdamages most 5* characters, basically everyone except the aforementioned busted ones and Childe under the right circumstances (or at C6). He's not as powerful as they are, though, and he's much more attainable. He doesn't feel egregious to me, but admittedly his main competition in my account is Klee (who I pulled the very same day I bought Razor from the starglitter exchange) so my perspective is admittedly skewed there.

...Hm. As a very silly hypothetical, could miHoYo get around the anti-nerf laws by buffing everyone else in the game (or at least the ones most overshadowed) but leaving, say, Diluc the same? Instead of bringing him down, raise everyone else up, possibly while also "rebalancing" enemy stats or whatever, so the end result is still people like Diluc not being so far ahead of everyone else? If nothing else, as long as it still left the buffed characters actually better off, most people would probably be more happy about the buffs than pissed that the super characters (who would still be better overall) didn't get any.

Not suggesting they actually do this, of course, I'm just curious if they could get away with it.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

S.J. posted:

I'm pretty sure Rust and VH are only equal at R1, and Rust beats it out after that, but I could also be misremembering the stuff I saw

Yeah, I went to go look it up. Rust at R4 is slightly under Skyward Harp R1, and at R5 is approximately considered equal. Definitely stick with that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Albedo geo sword, Ganyu cryo bow

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aww yeah, so much cleaner than my first clear. Also, looks like I don't even need a functional Abyss blessing to do it. Geo, lol

https://i.imgur.com/5XLzbfP.mp4
Average level 67.625, btw

What's this? An actual awesome reward?

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

mikemil828 posted:

Concensus seems to be that Ganyu is next, then Albedo, Xiao is presumedly in 1.3 in Febuary.

I would have guessed Albedo first, honestly, since the Dragonspine event sword purportedly gives him a special bonus and I expect January's big event to be Dragonspine.

Maybe he'll be obtainable through the event while Ganyu will be on the limited banner? Getting a free 5*, even a Geo one, would certainly make the playerbase hopeful after the mixed reception Zhongli's had.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bloody Emissary posted:

I would have guessed Albedo first, honestly, since the Dragonspine event sword purportedly gives him a special bonus and I expect January's big event to be Dragonspine.

Maybe he'll be obtainable through the event while Ganyu will be on the limited banner? Getting a free 5*, even a Geo one, would certainly make the playerbase hopeful after the mixed reception Zhongli's had.

The playerbase is already fast becoming impossible to please so even a free 5* would get screamed about because it has the audacity to be Geo instead of Diluc 2: Dilucer.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

shimmy shimmy posted:

Yeah, I went to go look it up. Rust at R4 is slightly under Skyward Harp R1, and at R5 is approximately considered equal. Definitely stick with that.

Cheers for looking it up

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

SirKibbles posted:

This wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if

1)the money to roll ratio wasn't awful leading to people having to spend way more

That's a pretty broken way of looking at things! FYI if you get less for your money it should incentivize you to pay less, not more.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bussamove posted:

The playerbase is already fast becoming impossible to please so even a free 5* would get screamed about because it has the audacity to be Geo instead of Diluc 2: Dilucer.

I'm not satisfied until the 5* gives me a handy whilst it's DPSing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I can't find anything other than forums posts by random gamers about the idea that it's "illegal" to nerf gacha characters in Japan.
I'm pretty sure that's a myth.

It's true that nerfs in gachas rarely happen, but I that's just due to business decisions -- in a game with frequent nerfs, consumers who hear a character is OP might be worried that he'll get nerfed in a month and so will be less likely to spend money trying to roll for him.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Bloody Emissary posted:

No one is going to know for sure until Mihoyo makes further annoucements but personally I think it's going to be Ganyu next because other than Klee all of the 5* rate ups up to this point have been guys.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pull related, has it been confirmed/denied if Diona got added to the regular pool? I'd like to know if the 4* at least are going to be available once the banners cycle, I know the 5* are currently not.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bussamove posted:

Pull related, has it been confirmed/denied if Diona got added to the regular pool? I'd like to know if the 4* at least are going to be available once the banners cycle, I know the 5* are currently not.
Not until 1.2

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I thought Ganyu was going to be a 4*...
Albedo is definitely upcoming at some point though, and yeah apparently Xiao is tied in to the lantern festival event they said they'd release with 1.3 so most likely he'll be coming out then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcgf0ALMoKA