Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Imagining negotiations for this starting over a month ago with Tony Khan thinking he'd finally have a working relationship with Kylie Rae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wrestling promotions working together amicably sure is the capper of strange things happening in 2020.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
How does one watch Axes or whatever in 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

born on a buy you posted:

How does one watch Axes or whatever in 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/impactwrestling

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Will it interfere with Dark?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Imagining negotiations for this starting over a month ago with Tony Khan thinking he'd finally have a working relationship with Kylie Rae.

God drat.

Yeah, I thought this too but couldn’t bring myself to say it.

It does sound like we will get Josh Alexander over on Dynamite though. Page is gonna sign with AEW and it’ll make for a hell of a match with FTR.

A lot of crazy poo poo about to go down.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Now I want to see Kenny carrying around three belts like the Triple Crown

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Almost certainly not.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Unrelated to TNA: I brought Kitteh's new and improved throne out to the living room and she stayed with me for almost the entirety of Dynamite (excluding a 10 minute dinner break).

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope this actually leads to some cross promotion matches and worker trades a la Rosa and isn't just a small promotional tactic that's done once and never again. If the Impact/NJPW relations articles are true then it would be one step closer to opening the PORTAL

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
So was Dynamite good

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

At this point I'm speculating that The Good Brothers attacked Mox and they'll be Kenny's interference for his title reign.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Couple more notes I just want to say. Just like the song says: “drat, it feels good to be a poster”.

1) Just admit you fools. You almost or did cry when Sting showed up. I welled up and I ain’t even going to front. I got emotional.

2) Hobbs and Miro had their shining moments today. I don’t want to call it star-defining because that’s not true but let’s just say they put the world on notice with their performances. They really, really stood out tonight and raised their stock.

3) Rosa showing up for the brawl felt big time. As always, she looked like a star going in there and the refs just piling in. She is the star of this entire women’s division and that is no lie.

4) This is the most important note for my personal takeaway: The Buzz from tonight.

Social media is on fire from the fans. People are asking how to watch Impact next week (a win for them) and AEW is all over the internet (a win for them) for tonight’s show.

Even bigger than all of this: Wrestlers from both promotions and other promotions are praising this move. There is excitement. There are positive messages all over. You can feel the happiness through the drat words hitting the screen reading stuff from Chris Bey, Big Swole, and many others. Even guys like X-Pac and Bully Ray who are retired are awestruck by what happened tonight.

There’s many days where it feels like a shame to be a fan of wrestling. Today is not that day. Today feels like a new beginning and when I see the wrestlers themselves, who generally are sick and tired of posting on their social media accounts, posting as positively as they are, you just know good things are brewing.

Last thing I’ll say because I’m just over the moon and ya know, ya gotta just post sometimes, is that it’s possible this really is the day that wrestling changed where boundaries used to be drawn.

It’s too early to tell and we will see how it goes, but I think we may look back on this in a year and say that December 2nd, 2020 is when the line in the sand simply faded away...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

At this point I'm speculating that The Good Brothers attacked Mox and they'll be Kenny's interference for his title reign.

Same. A reunited Bullet Club with Callis as their hype man would be fun.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

It was Kenta. Mox will have revenge.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ChrisBTY posted:

Would also accept The North.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Now that I think about it.. wasn't big biceps Tony's "the balance of power in wrestling" tweet a WCW reference? I want to say that it was said about either Hall/Nash or the NWO.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Maybe I imagined it but I thought I saw the faintest flicker of a smile when Sting looked at Arn. Like "Can you believe we're back here again?"

I kind of forgot about it after the main event.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Seams posted:

So was Dynamite good

it was ok, nothing of note happened

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ICR posted:

There’s many days where it feels like a shame to be a fan of wrestling. Today is not that day.

:agreed:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

Look, AEW should ditch Bushiroad and OPEN THE GATE

Anyway, also, Sting's theme slaps. I remember when AEW started we kinda made fun of the themes, but Mikey Rukus has really come into his own.

https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/arrival-sting-aew-theme

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 3, 2020

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

TV Zombie posted:

Only if Dark runs more than an hour, which it won't if AEW is smart.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Pretty sure Tony is going to want to counter program his rogue evp

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

*looks at the runtime of the past few Darks*

haha yeah of course it'll be under an hour

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I can't believe I might actually see a day where Rosemary, Su Yung, and Abadon interact in a segment.

For real, I'm not an Impact watcher but this was a turn I didn't see coming and I'm curious how it will shake out. Plus, as many have already said, Kenny and Don cheesing it with the belt while everyone backstage yelled at them was amazing. Oh. and all the matches were good, except the main event which was excellent. I liked Britt/Leyla way more than the live thread; aside from Britt whiffing a superkick it was pretty solid and Leyla dumping poor Rebel on her head was hilarious.

edit: Sting getting a moody black metal music video entrance complete with fake snow was amazing. I reacted the same way Renee did.

CombineThresher fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 3, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1334362515376119810?s=21

Love.

Also seeing the Impact women’s wrestlers tweeting like mad about possible matchups and cross promotion. Jordynne Grace and Tasha Steelz been getting after it tonight.

Even Killer Kelly, who isn’t signed to Impact, getting in this. Let’s do this!!!!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yo, remember when this happened?
https://streamable.com/mbbysx

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One detail I loved: Eddie Kingston took a little shot at Kenny in his rant as they went off the air, cementing both Kenny's heelishness and the continued mutual respect between Eddie and Mox.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wasn't able to watch the show but reading about what happened it seems like a really interesting turn of events

It does involve TNA though and I hope AEW doesn't get too tangled up with that money pit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Yo, remember when this happened?
https://streamable.com/mbbysx

yeah it ruled

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

One detail I loved: Eddie Kingston took a little shot at Kenny in his rant as they went off the air, cementing both Kenny's heelishness and the continued mutual respect between Eddie and Mox.

I couldn't even tell what Eddie was saying.

Everything about that felt so chaotic in the right way. AEW has just that right touch of WCW edgy off-the-rails without, y'know. The rest of WCW.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

I couldn't even tell what Eddie was saying.

Everything about that felt so chaotic in the right way. AEW has just that right touch of WCW edgy off-the-rails without, y'know. The rest of WCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xut7vuj8XEs

As JR and Tony both are ranting about how it's "bullshit" and "they've been jobbed", before calling out Archer, Eddie just yells something like "See what your boy did over there?! Yeah, real nice world champion!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Mox's true enemy is Yano and this talk of Kenta is blasphemy

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Seams posted:

So was Dynamite good

i enjoyed it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BTW MJeff, I don't especially love the idea of Mox being stuck eternally as TNT Champ b/c I'm sorry, it's gonna be a long while before I see that belt as anything more than the Cody Rhodes Vanity Belt and I still think it looks like poo poo.

Tag champ might be okay, but IDK who he'd tag with.

Pretty much the only thing I'm bothered by is that a microphone feels like the derpiest weapon possible. Then again having held wireless mics a lot those fuckers can be p. heavy and I'm sure if a big muscleman domed me with one I'd be in for a bad time.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 3, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

TUESDAY

IMPACT WRESTLING!

Wow. I adored that ending. While I would've loved to have seen a clean finish, they protected the hell out of Mox, and this is probably one of the coolest things I've ever gotten to see live on TV. Schiavone yelling out "BULLSHIT" at the end. God that was just awesome. Sting showing up too, just god....it ruled.

I will tune into IMPACT and suffer through Matthews' commentary. If nothing else, if this means more great women wrestlers popping up in AEW more often, I'm excited. Really want to see Ashley Vox in AEW.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Will no one else be bothered by that interviewer that just appeared near Omega and Callus before they sped off? Just me? I would love that sense of timing in real life.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Also if Willie Mack finally gets a chance to show up in national TV I will be so goddamn happy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Will no one else be bothered by that interviewer that just appeared near Omega and Callus before they sped off? Just me? I would love that sense of timing in real life.

That entire segment has very strong wrestling logic going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The wrestling mic is third in the power rankings only bested by brass knuckles and the ring bell.