Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Ah! The trap is that slinging misogynistic abuse is how they chill out and enjoy things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

“Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”

Let us never speak of pints again

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

This but unironically b/c Scorsese fanboys usually miss basic recurring themes like "Criminals/Loners are lovely, miserable people outside of a handful of good times. Let's watch them gently caress their lives up."

Marvel movies can take loads of deserved criticism, but most fans know how to chill tf out and enjoy them.

So the worse movies are better because they don’t have consistent themes or complexity. Got it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The Maestro posted:

So the worse movies are better because they don’t have consistent themes or complexity. Got it.

lol the post you responded to wasn't about the movies themselves at all

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Ah, I see the Marvel Movie Defender has logged on.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Foxfire_ posted:

If pawn takes rook and promotes to a queen, black king takes it the next turn (then the far away white rook moves up and checkmates the turn after, so it doesn't matter still)

Yeah, that's what I meant.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

The Maestro posted:

i hate the marvel movies

also you're not very good at reading comprehension are you

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

The Maestro posted:

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon't.

Do not.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Ironic. See ya

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Let us all enjoy memes about something with no fan-based controversy at all.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Memento posted:

Let us all enjoy memes about something with no fan-based controversy at all.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

rydiafan posted:

Wouldn't they have won one turn later anyway by capturing the rook and promoting to a queen?

Not As Efficient!

regarding a game that clearly has gone too long anyway

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh WTF, they exist?!?!

also can we change them from Hogan Meat Shoes to another person cause Hogan is terrible irl. Maybe Roddy Piper or something.

Biggie Smalls. Because of his line: "Said he had beef, asked me if I had my piece, sure do, two 22s in my shoes" (he was talking about 22oz steaks)

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

This but unironically b/c Scorsese fanboys usually miss basic recurring themes like "Criminals/Loners are lovely, miserable people outside of a handful of good times. Let's watch them gently caress their lives up."

Marvel movies can take loads of deserved criticism, but most fans know how to chill tf out and enjoy them.

Men that are really into Scorcese movies are usually like that because the idea of having friends that actually like you and hang out with you and do stuff together is so alien to them that they can live vicariously through his movies. Poke a Scorcese fanboy and a lonely man bleeds.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PYF type of movie fans

There's definitely one type that good and aren't embarrassing to be part of the same species of, I'm sure. Absolutely 100% sure that there's one type of movie enjoyer that doesn't suck out there.

https://twitter.com/Lythero/status/1333927572569255939

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
whoop nevermind

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:gritty:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Santa is cumming down the chimney.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Android Apocalypse posted:

Santa is cumming down the chimney.

mysteriously, though, no sack

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elfface posted:

Chess got a balance patch in 2016. Instead of 50-turns = draw, it's now 75 turns without a capture.

It also got one in the 1800s after a rules lawyer pulled a gotcha.

White won by, instead of using the pawn to capture the rook, advancing it and promoting it to a BLACK knight, meaning the king couldn't take it to escape check. The rules were then changed so a pawn can only promote to a piece of the same colour.

Holy poo poo

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Holy poo poo

Eh, like other posters have pointed out, it's kind of dumb, white wins in a few moves anyway if they just capture the rook.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

mysteriously, though, no sack

Why would he need a sack? Robots don't pee

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sucrose posted:

Eh, like other posters have pointed out, it's kind of dumb, white wins in a few moves anyway if they just capture the rook.

Yeah but it's a hell of a flex.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Flint_Paper posted:

I love that scene. One of Chris Pratt's earliest cameos.

MOTHER. FUCKER.

I was lying in bed and it all snapped into place and now I'm awake and posting.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

spookykid posted:

MOTHER. FUCKER.

I was lying in bed and it all snapped into place and now I'm awake and posting.

Jesus I just got it, kudos Flint_Paper.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The right is getting better at memes.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

not them, me

not them, me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This is exceedingly gross and if I was a snitch I'd report you

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Don’t worry friend I managed to report it before I hit the daily limit which I do most days

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
if anything you should report it just so the GBS mods are forced to suffer as well. sharing is caring

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Presents are stored in the balls

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Elfface posted:

Chess got a balance patch in 2016. Instead of 50-turns = draw, it's now 75 turns without a capture.

It also got one in the 1800s after a rules lawyer pulled a gotcha.

White won by, instead of using the pawn to capture the rook, advancing it and promoting it to a BLACK knight, meaning the king couldn't take it to escape check. The rules were then changed so a pawn can only promote to a piece of the same colour.

You neglected to mention the other rules patch they had to do in recent times. I think it wasn't abused in an actual game, just in a chess puzzle but they changed the rules afterwards either way.

So they moved the pawn in front of the king all the way to the end of the board and promoted it to a rook.

Then they were like: "this rook technically never moved, right? It just spawned right here. The king never moved either, right? There's nothing in the way, right?"

"Well in that case I'm gonna castle with that pawn." So they castled vertically, hopping the king over the recently-promoted rook, and moving the rook a few places back.

They then changed the rules to say that for castling the rook must occupy the same rank (chess term for row) as the king to allow castling.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You can cast haste on buildings?

e: could*

e2
Laughed at neil gaiman

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

You neglected to mention the other rules patch they had to do in recent times. I think it wasn't abused in an actual game, just in a chess puzzle but they changed the rules afterwards either way.

So they moved the pawn in front of the king all the way to the end of the board and promoted it to a rook.

Then they were like: "this rook technically never moved, right? It just spawned right here. The king never moved either, right? There's nothing in the way, right?"

"Well in that case I'm gonna castle with that pawn." So they castled vertically, hopping the king over the recently-promoted rook, and moving the rook a few places back.

They then changed the rules to say that for castling the rook must occupy the same rank (chess term for row) as the king to allow castling.

Just let Airbud play chess already