Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

KingKapalone posted:

Can't tell if this is worth playing with some friends. What happens if you don't have a full crew of 4 on at the time? What if there are more than 4 of us playing (not necessarily at the same time)> Are you locked out of another crew's boat?

I'm skeptical of the grind and actual content, not the fun with friends stuff. We have 6 of us playing Destiny and only one of us actually plays outside of the designated 3 hour raid time slot. I'm not big on grinding.

There is nothing to grind.

If you have less than 4 you have options. Sloop with 2 people, Brig with 3 people. The only issue is if someone comes online halfway through a session you have to restart the ship completely; there is no upgrading or downgrading to maintain your supply count. There is no option for playing with more than 4 unless you want to perform extended levels of server hopping or finding and convincing a pubbie to aid you.

Content is pretty lackluster. There is stuff to do but most of it is functionally the same. If you aren't in the game to be a true pirate and PvP other people I would not recommend unless you really love sailing because the sailing is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
So the crews aren't setup like

Swashbuckers
Karl
Chad
Stewie
Greg

Marauders
Sammy
Ezekiel
Nolan
Phil

Sammy could take Greg's spot if he was busy and it was just the other Swashbuckers logging on at the same time, for example. The ships aren't locked down. I guess this was assuming the ships are customized and upgraded, but maybe they're all the same except for what happens during a session?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I'm kind of confused but sort of?

You never "set up" a crew the way you have indicated, since you just make a boat and invite whoever you want. People can drop, rejoin, or take an open spot as long as the ship has available spots. Ships aren't locked down as long as you are joining from the friends list.

Ships do not get upgraded. It's all cosmetic.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Sammy could take Greg's spot if he was busy and it was just the other Swashbuckers logging on at the same time, for example. The ships aren't locked down. I guess this was assuming the ships are customized and upgraded, but maybe they're all the same except for what happens during a session?

ships don't persist from session to session, there are a certain number of each type per server available. whoever is running the ship customizes it for the time they are on it. when you're done with it you leave it for the next guy

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Yeah, if everyone logs off, your ship sinks and you lose any unsold treasure, supplies, rowboats, explosives, crates or unfinished standard quests you've gathered, but all of that can be replaced fairly easily next session. Only thing that carries over between ship sessions are customization options you've bought or unlocked, levels you've earned with the various guilds, currency, and check points for unfinished Tall Tales.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
yeah after a while loot becomes less about the actual number and more about the process you went through to get it. 30k loot that you acquired through an hour-long con and perfectly executed ambush is way better than 100k loot you got by sinking someone anchored at an island

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah game is fun, we had a blast with it for a while and then it kinda fell off the rotation for different games. The cosmetics to me aren’t worth the grind so after you get over the fun of sinking other peoples ships it kinda gets boring.

If the arena mode actually got games going in a reasonable amount of time I would play this a lot more. Sometimes I don’t feel like sailing around the map looking for people who don’t always want to fight.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

KingKapalone posted:

I guess this was assuming the ships are customized and upgraded, but maybe they're all the same except for what happens during a session?

This is even true for players. This isn't an MMO where you log on and some sock pooping no-lifer will have a level 3000 gold mount with which to destroy you. The instant you log on, from the very first time, you have all the weapons and tools that a 400 hour player has. The only thing they have over you is learned experience.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

BlackIronHeart posted:

The only thing they have over you is learned experience.

Which they will then use to destroy you.

Sometimes. I've also had many great experiences with pubby crews that I've encountered. It's a good game and not knowing if a player ship is friendly or hostile adds a wonderful little dimension to the game.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Speaking of not knowing if a players ship is friendly or hostile...

Since it was double gold weekend, I decided to use the few hours I had to game after holiday activities to work on my Hunter's Call level. Decided to do so by fishing for storm fish, which as the name implies, are only catchable in storms. I play for a bit and haven't had much luck, only catching about five common, normal sized fish. Then, three things happen more or less simultaneously: I hook a trophy sized fish, I hear my ship break meaning I'm now sinking, and a player ship floats uncomfortably close by. So I'm desperately trying to reel this thing in before I'm shanked or lose my boat. Then I hear someone behind me on voice chat. "Hey, do you mind killing me?" He needed a player to kill him to get a colored flame for the holiday event going on. I say "Sure! Just let me get this fish first." Not only do they wait, but also patch my ship up. I land the fish, kill the guy, and go on my way. The fish ends up being a rare one, so I end up with a full level just from selling it alone.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Master Twig posted:

Which they will then use to destroy you.

Very true! But I can't think of any game that isn't 'Guess which side of this coin will come up' where someone sitting down to it for the first time will be just as good as someone who's played it forever.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

KingKapalone posted:

So the crews aren't setup like

Swashbuckers
Karl
Chad
Stewie
Greg

Marauders
Sammy
Ezekiel
Nolan
Phil

If you do have more than four people playing, assuming you’re all in the same general geographic region (USA, Europe, Australia, etc) you can try creating two crews (with six I’d suggest a galleon and a sloop) and using voice chat to synchronise hitting the ‘set sail’ button at the same time to load into the game.

Once both crews have spawned in, each crew should check the current time on the server (using the pocket watch) and the current world event (whatever landmark is in the sky at any given moment, like a glowing tornado or a giant skull). If these things line up, you’re probably on the same server! Coordinate a place for both ships to meet up, have each ship raise an Alliance flag and now you’re a mini fleet and can go do mini fleet stuff.

Once you’re comfortable with getting this set up, a fun thing to do is leave the sloop anchored somewhere out of the way and have everyone sail on the galleon. A gally with six crew is a monster. I’ve sailed on one with upwards of 10 on board, we were firing the cannons like machine guns.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

With ten people maybe someone can even keep the sails pointed in the right direction.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Coq au Nandos posted:

If you do have more than four people playing, assuming you’re all in the same general geographic region (USA, Europe, Australia, etc) you can try creating two crews (with six I’d suggest a galleon and a sloop) and using voice chat to synchronise hitting the ‘set sail’ button at the same time to load into the game.

Once both crews have spawned in, each crew should check the current time on the server (using the pocket watch) and the current world event (whatever landmark is in the sky at any given moment, like a glowing tornado or a giant skull). If these things line up, you’re probably on the same server! Coordinate a place for both ships to meet up, have each ship raise an Alliance flag and now you’re a mini fleet and can go do mini fleet stuff.

Once you’re comfortable with getting this set up, a fun thing to do is leave the sloop anchored somewhere out of the way and have everyone sail on the galleon. A gally with six crew is a monster. I’ve sailed on one with upwards of 10 on board, we were firing the cannons like machine guns.

So we tried this a few times and couldn't get in the same game so I read some more tips. We all joined our own game at the same time and then put on the reaper flag. Three of the five of us were in the same game so then we consolidated. We ended up having 7 of us on one boat but if anyone from the other boat dies, they're screwed since the boat is who knows where. You can't even go overboard since the siren sends you to your boat.

Also if you're turning in quests I guess we would have to alternate which group does one since the other group doesn't get the quest or the main reward. Same thing for loot, turn ins should be split. Not sure how sustainable it would be.

In general what should a new group of up to 4 focus on? How about one of these multi group alliances?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

KingKapalone posted:

In general what should a new group of up to 4 focus on? How about one of these multi group alliances?

The only time I've setup an alliance server was to grind out FOTD, could give that a shot?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

The current event has a few tasks that require alliances (form one, have same coloured lights across all ships, clear FotD in an alliance) so probably that.

Also Twigs got a Shrouded Ghost last night right after I went to bed, and now I'm super jealous.

life_source
May 11, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

So we tried this a few times and couldn't get in the same game so I read some more tips. We all joined our own game at the same time and then put on the reaper flag. Three of the five of us were in the same game so then we consolidated. We ended up having 7 of us on one boat but if anyone from the other boat dies, they're screwed since the boat is who knows where. You can't even go overboard since the siren sends you to your boat.

Also if you're turning in quests I guess we would have to alternate which group does one since the other group doesn't get the quest or the main reward. Same thing for loot, turn ins should be split. Not sure how sustainable it would be.

Glad to hear you are making it work. I was thinking that if you were trying to find something more akin to a Destiny 2 raid you would have to look elsewhere.

You can pretty much do anything you want, depending on how kind your server is being. Several of the bigger activities are dependant on if they actually spawn on your server when you are playing and you are able to get to them. Flame Tornado, Angry Skull Guy, convoys, and Skeleton Forts.

There are also Tall Tales: short, story focused voyages that reward unique cosmetics. I would also suggest doing each kind of voyage from the 3 different companies at least once to see if any of those busyworks are something your crew enjoys.

But really I still think the PvP in this game is the only real draw. Like someone said upthread: A 30K stolen haul is infinitely more satisfying than a 100K haul done by yourself.

Happy sailing.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
tall tales are cool and well done though they feel less rewarding with the checkpoints. the whole dynamic of taxing players that were doing tall tales back when you could steal their quest items was cool but i guess it was also for the most part way too unforgiving for the kinds of players that wanted to do it. good pirates will bother to tax/trade or ally - most randos would just impulsively sink on sight even if only to grief them

the way this game's dedicated itself to such few restrictions on pvp has been seriously amazing because it still somehow balances very well with the majority of players being social, casual or uncoordinated. even if a hardcore brig chases you down and kills you, trying to see how long you can survive without resorting to a mermaid while they hunt down survivors can be just as fun as wining a fight - and sometimes rewarding if you manage to successfully hide (tuck) on their boat and eventually get back at them somehow

also this is by far the best stealth pvp game i think i've ever seen. the meta isnt overly complicated and when your ship isn't around to act as a respawn point it makes everything so much more engaging even though there can be a lot of prep or downtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVgbdOjeqDc

more often than not you will encounter crews that aren't that familiar with dealing with bilgerats. they're the best to target imo because when people that maintain situational awareness are on high alert after spotting a mermaid it often takes an extremely high risk miracle to even get a real chance at their loot. but then again if you're patient you'll sometimes find opportunities arise that you might not ever see again because this game is so chaotic i love it

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
you can also do stealth during combat, kinda. my friend and I were fighting over an Ashen Lord against a galleon, and though they weren't great sailors they were able to keep us off the ladders for the most part. We fought them for an hour and right near the end my friend managed to steal their whole haul out from under their noses without even killing any of them or sinking their ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1WMoO0N4w4

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I managed to get all of the Fate event quests done yesterday, which ended with a fun, three swoop alliance at the Fort of the Damned. Fingers crossed the costumes are simply locked behind having the commendation, so that I can get them once I hit legendary. Not a big deal if not though.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The costumes require you to be a Pirate Legend and cost 1 million gold.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Right. I knew about the cost, I just wasn't sure if it would be available at all if I don't become Pirate Legend until later.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

glitchwraith posted:

Right. I knew about the cost, I just wasn't sure if it would be available at all if I don't become Pirate Legend until later.

They aren't, at least not for everyone. I was hoping the same, but I hit PL the day after the event and the listing for them in the Athena's Fortune Hideout requires you to have cleared Fort of the Damned 25 times regardless of your holiday commendations. Seems like existing pirate legends who qualified during the event but didn't have a cool million gold on hand also got hosed. This one felt real bad from start to finish. The fact that it was PL-locked, then the surprise that it cost money, then the high amount that most people didn't know to save for in advance + small timeframe to grind it up, then adding a way to get it after the event but not giving any indication of that plan so everyone would keep FOMO grinding during it... it all felt manipulative and kind of lovely of Rare, imo.

There is an exception, however: some people were affected by a "daydreaming, try again later" glitch that wouldn't let them purchase the outfit set during the event, and for those folks Larinna still has it. I can buy it from her now, which is funny given that I didn't actually qualify. Guess I was daydreaming, though.

My guess is that, Rare being Rare, the opportunity to buy it from her will only last through this month. So if you have the option and want it, best grind that gold (unless you want to run Fort 25 times). :smithicide:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Unsinkabear posted:

They aren't, at least not for everyone. I was hoping the same, but I hit PL the day after the event and the listing for them in the Athena's Fortune Hideout requires you to have cleared Fort of the Damned 25 times regardless of your holiday commendations. Seems like existing pirate legends who qualified during the event but didn't have a cool million gold on hand also got hosed. This one felt real bad from start to finish. The fact that it was PL-locked, then the surprise that it cost money, then the high amount that most people didn't know to save for in advance + small timeframe to grind it up, then adding a way to get it after the event but not giving any indication of that plan so everyone would keep FOMO grinding during it... it all felt manipulative and kind of lovely of Rare, imo.

There is an exception, however: some people were affected by a "daydreaming, try again later" glitch that wouldn't let them purchase the outfit set during the event, and for those folks Larinna still has it. I can buy it from her now, which is funny given that I didn't actually qualify. Guess I was daydreaming, though.

My guess is that, Rare being Rare, the opportunity to buy it from her will only last through this month. So if you have the option and want it, best grind that gold (unless you want to run Fort 25 times). :smithicide:

Gotcha. Thanks for the confirmation. I doubt I would be able to make PL and get the money in time. I'll just make it a long time goal. I'm sure if the game keeps my attention, I might one day beat the fort that many times. And if not, I can live without the spooky lantern man.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

glitchwraith posted:

Gotcha. Thanks for the confirmation. I doubt I would be able to make PL and get the money in time. I'll just make it a long time goal. I'm sure if the game keeps my attention, I might one day beat the fort that many times. And if not, I can live without the spooky lantern man.

Good call, I'm thinking the same. :buddy:

Some of the crew outfits are pretty dope, though. I ended up on a ship with someone who had the pack and it was a fun time, the first mate outfit rocks.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

There's a bunch of Twitch drops coming, again. I didn't bother with the last two because they were poo poo (some green Morningstar outfit) but this... is pretty dope.

Runs from December 11th (TODAY) to the 15th. https://www.seaofthieves.com/twitch-drops

The first drop is actually the Icy Guy Fieri hair so better get on that.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Merijn posted:

There's a bunch of Twitch drops coming, again. I didn't bother with the last two because they were poo poo (some green Morningstar outfit) but this... is pretty dope.

Runs from December 11th (TODAY) to the 15th. https://www.seaofthieves.com/twitch-drops

The first drop is actually the Icy Guy Fieri hair so better get on that.

If you go to the website they list drops all the way thorough January

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
iceberg zone when?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Adregan posted:

If you go to the website they list drops all the way thorough January

I don't see it on the Rare SoT website, but RareThief has the complete list of 3 sets of Twitch drops: https://rarethief.com/sea-of-thieves-how-to-get-the-frozen-horizon-clothing-cosmetics/

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Sea of Thieves is 50% off on the Xbox store this weekend, making it $20. PC Game Pass just went up to $10/month, so this is a good time to grab the game and turn that poo poo off if you're like me and have mostly just been using it for SoT.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Yeah, we sunk some newbies tonight and then they came back an hour later telling us 'We just got this game' which... I mean, that's SoT catnip.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Surely you banded together to accomplish tasks and take on the wider sea in a mentoring confederation? Or maybe ransomed them at a pivotal moment?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
As I explained to them, Santa demands blood, so they had to die. I haven't played in a week so I'm rushing the 12 days of Pirating and needed to sink 6 ships.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

BlackIronHeart posted:

As I explained to them, Santa demands blood, so they had to die. I haven't played in a week so I'm rushing the 12 days of Pirating and needed to sink 6 ships.

Skeleton ships count for this.

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
I've just started playing with some friends (we are all new to the game) and are having fun sailing around and doing some PvP and questing. We have started the tall tales and about 1/3 of the way through. I've read the last 10 pages and there is still a lot of stuff that I don't quite get, like what are some great PvP strategies, how do all the big quest lines and reputation systems work? Does anyone have a link to a not quite beginners but going deeper guide for the game?

Estel
May 4, 2010
There are 8 trading companies, each company is focused on a specific type of in-game content, Gold Hoarders are focused on finding treasure, Order of Souls fighting skeletons, Merchant Alliance on trading and transporting things from one place to another.

In each outpost you will find representatives of those 3 trading companies, talking to them you can get quests, for example you get a quest from the Gold Hoarders where you have to go to an island and dig where the x is on the map they give you to find loot, then you can sell that loot to one of the Gold Hoarder's representatives in any outpost and he will give you gold and reputation with that trading company. That reputation is like experience to get ranks in that trading company and each 5-10 ranks (max 75) you can buy thematic cosmetics and titles that makes them give you better quests.

Once you get to rank 15 in a trading company you can buy from them their emissary flag, this flag is different from the normal cosmetic ones. Once you raise this flag, using the table near the representatives, it appears on your ship and can be leveled up, from 1 to 5. Each trading company emissary flag has different things that give you exp to level up the flag and you loose it if your ships sinks, you decide to lower the emissary flag or exit the game. Each level of the emissary flag gives you bonus gold when you sell loot to that trading company so it's usual to try and chain missions and get lots of loot to sell once your flag is level 5 because then the gold bonus is +150% gold. The danger of this is that everyone can see your emissary flag and it's level so if someone sees your level 5 flag can guess that you have lots of loot onboard. If your ships sinks your broken emissary flag will float to the surface.

The other 5 trading companies are different, Bilge Rats doesn't have a reputation system it just has Commendations, this game achievements, and it's usually related to the game's time-limited events and the representative is Larinna that you can find outside the tavern in all outposts.

Sea Dogs is the pvp-faction and you can get ranks with them playing in the Arena.

Hunter's Call are found in the sea posts and are focused on hunting animals and fishing, you can sell them meat or fishes to get ranks in them.

Reaper's Bones is the piracy focused company, there is only one representative and is found in Reaper's Hideout. If you rise their emissary flag your ship, it's position and it's emissary level will be seen by everyone on the map table but once you get to emissary level 5 you will see every ship that has an emissary flag on the map table. Reaper's don't have quests and you can sell them practically everything you find. They will pay you the same other trading companies pay you for the loot but the reputation that loot gives you for the Reapers is far less than the specific Reaper's treasures. The specific Reaper's Treasure are Reaper's Chest and Bounties, you can see them on the map table as a circle with a skull on it or if you spot pillars of swirling light on the horizon. This items will always be visible on the map table even if you have them on your ship. The most important reaper treasure are broken emissary flags, if you sink a ship with an emissary flag you can get the broken flag and sell it in the Reaper's Hideout and you will get lots of gold and exp that depends on it's level.

Athena's Fortune is the last one and you can only find it once you have 3 of the other trading companies at rank 50. At that point you get the Pirate Legend title and you will find how to access them.

About pvp the only answer is practice so every time you see a skeleton ship attack them. This will teach you the basics of how to position and move your ship to try and hit them while not letting them hit you or if they hit you learn to defend your ship while repairing it. Against people depending on their skill you will need other strategies, if you are in a group most of them involve trying to get one of yours into their ship so he can lower their anchor, use an explosive barrel or just killing or distract them. Once you know the islands another tactic you can use is lure them to islands with cannons where you have someone ready to shoot them.
If you go solo you can do most of those too but you need more practice and skill to do them.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

There's also different missions per base trading company (OoS/GH and probably MA soon) that are within the trading company's M.O., but different from the regular ones.
For GH, these are vault missions - find pieces of a map to locate a key, which fits on a certain island's treasure vault. In there, you have a few minutes to grab gold piles, chests, trinkets and solve the extra vault for the high-value Tribute Chest, before the vault door slams shut and floods.
For OoS, these are the ghost fleet missions - a literal ghost ship fleet will spawn on a nearby island, requiring you to "sink" about 30-35 spectral ghost ships. The leader ships drop ghostly loot, which sells for double.

Related to this last one is the Flameheart world event, which is basically the same except a giant floating angry skull will trash-talk you during the entire battle, and will drop much better loot.

Other world events are:
- Ashen Winds (red fire tornado) where an Ashen Lord is being summoned by some skeletons. This is a fairly long fight that will reward an Ashen Winds Skull, which sells for quite a lot of gold, and can also be used as a flamethrower against any enemy.
- Skeleton fleet (ship-shaped cloud), an area where roughly half a dozen skeleton ships will spawn as soon as you enter the area, and will have you fight several waves of 2-3 ships at a time. The loot here is also very good.
- Skeleton fort (skull-shaped cloud), an island with a fort on it, where the vault has loot that is defended by multiple waves of regular skeletons, followed by 2 waves with captains, and a wave with a skeleton lord.
- Fort of the Damned (red-eyed skull-shaped cloud), on the island of the same name, has a special fort on it that can be triggered by players. The loot is 3-4 times better than a regular fort.
- Kraken, will spawn between world events (all of the above except FotD) on any ship in open waters. Shoot tentacles to kill it. Drops very little loot.
- Roaming skeleton ships or hostile skeleton ships, they behave the same as in a fleet but will keep following you once aggro'd. Drops good loot.
- Megalodon, can spawn on you any time you're in open water. Shoot it to murder it. Drops good loot. Comes in 5 colours, ranging from the purple Hungering One (very common) to the white Shrouded Ghost (extremely, extremely rare).

Note that any world event that is visible from far away will also attract people that will want to steal whatever loot is there from you.

There's also the volcanic area to the East called the Devil's Roar, where voyages and items are worth double in gold + rep... but has the constant risk of a volcano erupting and ruining your day. There is a very very rare chance that the Wondrous Box of Secrets spawns on a beach in this area, it's worth 25k gold.

Since a few months there's also microtransactions in the game, in the form of the Pirate Emporium (the shop above the OoS tent) , which sells weapon skins, pets, ship skins, emotes etc for 'Ancient Coins' which you can buy with real money. However, you can also get free permium currency by killing Ancient Skeletons that spawn rarely on any island in Adventure or Arena.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 1, 2021

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Hi. Just got this game after mulling it over for about a year. I played the tutorial and did some puzzle treasure quests on an island with a friend. Looking to make the most out of it. Do you all have a discord? I am wondering how the open world experience might own my face and it would be nice to play consistently with people and learn this game.

I really like sailing and picked up Naval Action, too. I play a lot of sim type games so if you want a sailor let me know!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

dialhforhero posted:

Hi. Just got this game after mulling it over for about a year. I played the tutorial and did some puzzle treasure quests on an island with a friend. Looking to make the most out of it. Do you all have a discord? I am wondering how the open world experience might own my face and it would be nice to play consistently with people and learn this game.

I really like sailing and picked up Naval Action, too. I play a lot of sim type games so if you want a sailor let me know!

We do indeed have a discord here. https://discord.gg/wtUFUE5

Stop on by. We're always looking for new crewmembers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Is hull damage always below deck or on the mast or can other parts of the ship take hits as well? (IE needing boards to fix damage)