Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Spiffness posted:

I can remove the graphics if they’re not to your liking.

$21,000 OBO

ha ha ha gooooooo gently caress yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Spiffness posted:

That's a lot of bike lets take a loo..

Spoiler that poo poo, my eyes are still burning.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Hahaha I was immediately wondering what the graphics were and it certainly delivered.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Eight dollars a mile

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
500 mile oil changes

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Spiffness posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo. "I can remove the graphics if it's not to your liking" how bout you remove yourself from the planet instead. And $21k for a 701 [b]EXCUSE ME[/]?! I'm looking at that partlist and not seeing anything that brings it anywhere close to 25k so did he just pay an extra bootlicking tax on the graphics or what?

Ok I see now he dropped the price of a used 701 on a rally kit for cosplay purposes. It's the perfect lightweight adventure bike!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

FBS posted:

Eight dollars a mile

I was just wondering how that math would work.

My cb300f would be, let's see:

$4k bike
10 or so oil changes at, I dunno, $20 dollars each?
Two new sets of tires at $500 total with mounting.
A spark plug one time, maybe $10 dollars
A DID chain, what the hell do those cost, $100? Oh and a sprocket? Hmn let's say $200?
Another $400 for some very nice custom bags with mounting hardware and a windshield I never used.

It had a bit over 25k miles when I sold it so thats...

What, .2 ish dollars per mile? Without gas or insurance. You know, typing this out, it's funny how many maintenance costs I forgot about at first. Also, my DR650 is going to have a way worse result because of all the off road poo poo I bought for it, ugh.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 2, 2020

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

LMAO loving delivers. Low information voter blowing more money than they have skills, now wanting others to bail them out of their stupid decisions. Good going, gently caress you chud, and gently caress your tacky chelsea tractor.

Buy a honda 250 rally, 300 or ptwin 500 it. Throw whatever suspension you'd like at it, and even if you did all this brand loving new, you'd still be under 10k for a lightish highway capable dualsport bike, with 8k oil and 16k valves.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1228031674413268997?lang=en

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Typical liberal, looking for someone to pay their way out of their own mistakes.

Wait........

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's just returning it it's austrian roots. Heritage not hate!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

FBS posted:

Eight dollars a mile

In the Porsche thread in AI it was determined you can lease a McLaren 570S for $9/mile.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
god damnit. What a piece of poo poo.

https://www.motominded.com/products/rally-moto-kit-v3-2014-21-ktm-hqv-350-501-cc?variant=32898533589053 look, this is a real rally kit.

garbage rally bike components posted:

Custom ABS delete kit - why? you can just turn it off.

New set of Tusk Dsport Adventure tires and Heavy duty tubes - this one is my very favorite. Even better than the 7k rally kit. 25k bike and then you're buying tusk ires. They're fine. Totally fine. But tusk is RMATV's house brand that you get because you want something that's fine. Not good, not bad, but fine. Real rally cosplay is mousses and real tires.

Modifications:
DynoJet Power Commander V $390 - why not a new ECU? Stupid.

DynoJet Autotune $270 - is this different? Again, just get a new ECU. They're like $700 and much better than this nonsense.

Rottweiler Intake System $350 - the gently caress is this?

Crankcase Breather Blanking Kit For Rottweiler Intake Kits $20 - for all your very deep water crossings?

Rottweiler Soft Bag $50 - soft bags on a HARDCORE rally bike?

Rottweiler Fueling Dongle $30 - this is the third fueling thing he has.

SAS and Canister Removal Kit $60 - to reduce weight. Obviously.

Arrow Aluminum Carbon Muffler $448 - this is actually fine.

Arrow link pipe $89 - also fine.

Arrow Spark Arrester $70 - a weird part of his parts where it's also fine.

BPR Riser Kit $400 - these are good. They are not $400 though. Also, pretty sure he means a BRP submount kit.

BPR 20mm Riser Kit $50 - a second riser kit? Also, it's BRP, not BPR.

Scotts Performance Damper Unit $350 - OK, but the full BRP riser kit with all the bells and whistles and a damper is like $600.

Trail Tech Voyager Pro $600 - this is not a replacement for a rally book. Interestingly, an old ipad mini with wireless is a replacement for a rally book.

Hammerhead Shift Lever $90 - eh, fine. unnecessary, but fine.

IMS Rally Pegs $200 - this is actually good.

190 F Thermo Fan Switch $40 - why? All that high revs slow sand work you're doing with your too heavy bike?

Husqvarna 701 Enduro LR Fan $120 - your bike comes with a fan.

PDM-60 $200 - these are good, but what extra electrics are you running that you need this? Nothing in the list.

R&G Stator Cover $87.00 - you get a new, stronger cover if you're planning on bashing on rocks not for going rallying for which you would want a nice new skid bash plate.

R&G Clutch Cover $96.00 - same. stupid.

R&G Racing Fender Eliminator $115.00 - is this not included in the aurora rally explorer kit?

Aurora Rally Explorer Kit $6700.00 - for SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS

ProTaper EVO CR High Bend $90.00 - this is fine, these are good bars.

ProTaper Pillow Top Grips $15.00 - I like these grips too.

KTM 690 Enduro front fender $30.00 - again, SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS and it doesn't come with a front fender? What was wrong with the old front fender?

Steg Pegz $187.00 - some folks love these for riding standing up and they're supposed to be good but they're definitely contrary to the whole seven grand on a rally kit

Kind of weird how he doesn't list the cost of the graphics...

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
LMAO thanks for breaking all that down. I'm astonished at how much he spent. I mean there are plenty of 10k+ groms but those guys are idiots too. To your points:

This is really stupid, because you can do that with a couple bucks at the hardware store, probably less. Everyone does it and it's the easiest thing in the world.

Crankcase Breather Blanking Kit For Rottweiler Intake Kits $20 - for all your very deep water crossings?

All the rottweiler stuff cracks me up. That's what basic bitches with too much money just buy everything for. This is a pod intake, basically. When I modded my 690 I found the stock airbox with a high flow filter ran better and was plenty for a fully tuned setup. AND YOU CAN CROSS RIVERS STILL.

Edit: https://www.rottweilerperformance.com/rottweiler-intake-system-701-husky/ THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS for a short ram dust eating intake.

With his setup he has the blanking kit but his "rally" bike is going to be sucking up nothing but dust all day every day.

DynoJet Autotune $270 - is this different? Again, just get a new ECU. They're like $700 and much better than this nonsense.

The autotune is for people who don't want to pay someone to tune their bike. The crazy part is if you have half a brain and a laptop you can flash a good map to this bike with a $25 cable with better results. Unless the 701 doesn't have a canbus plug? It's not like he went big bore or anything he doesn't need 700 in ecu+tune.

KTM 690 Enduro front fender $30.00 - again, SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS and it doesn't come with a front fender? What was wrong with the old front fender?

He probably just wanted to make sure he got a white fender.

Really, I sympathize with the urge to make it rain on the 690/701. Either you leave it stock and are happy, or you go down the rabbit hole because there is just so much you can and should fix about the bike. I would have been happier if I'd left it stock, but a few bucks here and there on the bike have good returns. BUT JESUS WEPT $6700 for a cosmetic kit.

The whole point of getting a KTM is it's already sorted from the factory with decent parts unless you are a racer who knows what they want.

edit edit Oh look, it's THE ENTIRE BIKE for less than he paid for his lovely kit. It's also got most of the important mods he made and some improvements PLUS A loving SUMO SET .

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-5014763646

You could get this bike plus a good soft bag system and still have money left over and you'd have a better rally bike.

https://moskomoto.com/products/reckless-80l

Coydog fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 3, 2020

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

LMAO thanks for breaking all that down. I'm astonished at how much he spent. I mean there are plenty of 10k+ groms but those guys are idiots too. To your points:

This is really stupid, because you can do that with a couple bucks at the hardware store, probably less. Everyone does it and it's the easiest thing in the world.

All the rottweiler stuff cracks me up. That's what basic bitches with too much money just buy everything for. This is a pod intake, basically. When I modded my 690 I found the stock airbox with a high flow filter ran better and was plenty for a fully tuned setup. AND YOU CAN CROSS RIVERS STILL.

Edit: https://www.rottweilerperformance.com/rottweiler-intake-system-701-husky/ THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS for a short ram dust eating intake.

With his setup he has the blanking kit but his "rally" bike is going to be sucking up nothing but dust all day every day.

The autotune is for people who don't want to pay someone to tune their bike. The crazy part is if you have half a brain and a laptop you can flash a good map to this bike with a $25 cable with better results. Unless the 701 doesn't have a canbus plug? It's not like he went big bore or anything he doesn't need 700 in ecu+tune.

He probably just wanted to make sure he got a white fender.

Really, I sympathize with the urge to make it rain on the 690/701. Either you leave it stock and are happy, or you go down the rabbit hole because there is just so much you can and should fix about the bike. I would have been happier if I'd left it stock, but a few bucks here and there on the bike have good returns. BUT JESUS WEPT $6700 for a cosmetic kit.

The whole point of getting a KTM is it's already sorted from the factory with decent parts unless you are a racer who knows what they want.

edit edit Oh look, it's THE ENTIRE BIKE for less than he paid for his lovely kit. It's also got most of the important mods he made and some improvements PLUS A loving SUMO SET .

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-5014763646

You could get this bike plus a good soft bag system and still have money left over and you'd have a better rally bike.

https://moskomoto.com/products/reckless-80l

I didn't realize that about the intake. That's easily the single worst mod on his entire bike. RIP your motor.

And the stock fender is white! I've seen folks putting the lowered fender on bikes (although I'm skeptical if you're not a pro and changing it out for a higher/regular one for muddy days) but he's not even changing the height.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

Lol that's the same filter they sell to the 950/990 lc8 crowd. There's no way to modify the filter to not pass dust. Consider it a $350 sure fire engine killer. Just..Ignore Rottweiler and buy poo poo off wish or something. You'll be better ahead. It's a hilariously bad filter that they rebrand from ITG.
You can make SAS blockoff plates with an old piece of server case but no old men at starbucks will hit on you.
Blanking kit for the pcv? So that it can make an already leaky engine piss even more from crankecase pressure changes? Splendid. At least put $5 of thought into it and use an old honda XR oil separator or something then pipe the the runoff to lube your chain like some lazy rear end klr owner.

Dude had a serious case of farkle A.D.D. while pounding his wallet like its his cockwife when dildo should have had a bad case of "What ride am i doing next A.D.D."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That air filter setup is surreal, like the person designing it didn't know what it was for or how it does it's job.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Make less torque AND kill the engine? Sign me up!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Make less torque AND kill the engine? Sign me up!

This cure for ktm engine reliability they don't want you to khahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Fortunately the engine is probably still okay since he has less than 3000 miles on the clock

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Somehow I missed the thin blue line flag while I boggled at how bad this guy is with money. Real winner.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
If those cop decals would get me out of trouble for doing highway pulls I'd slap them on all my bikes I think we all would.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Oceanlife posted:

I think we all would.

Nope.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oceanlife posted:

If those cop decals would get me out of trouble for doing highway pulls I'd slap them on all my bikes I think we all would.

Nah. You know they won’t

Ain’t worth it anyway

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I found the dude’s ad and I’m struggling to not post this entire discussion in it.

also

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 3, 2020

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
You all say that until you have to choose between dropping a gear or getting that insurance bill increase. Then you'd all wish you decal'ed your busa's with the thin blue line... if it worked... which it wouldn't... but if it did you would. Just don't turn this forum into a house of lies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

What's your user name on advrider?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oceanlife posted:

You all say that until you have to choose between dropping a gear or getting that insurance bill increase. Then you'd all wish you decal'ed your busa's with the thin blue line... if it worked... which it wouldn't... but if it did you would. Just don't turn this forum into a house of lies.

Sincerely: gently caress the police. I wouldn't wear a swastika even if it was a guaranteed get out of tickets card.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want people to see my bike and think, at worst, "Oh, that guy's got a flashy bike and it's kind of loud, what a jackass", not "Oh, that guy's a fascist"

Can you imagine how mortifying that would be

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Oceanlife posted:

They don't and I don't have to because I'm white on a motorcycle in the deep south. That's one of the major problems.

Slavvy posted:

Sincerely: gently caress the police. I wouldn't wear a swastika even if it was a guaranteed get out of tickets card.

:hf:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oceanlife posted:

You all say that until you have to choose between dropping a gear or getting that insurance bill increase. Then you'd all wish you decal'ed your busa's with the thin blue line

grow up

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I've still haven't received a ticket on my bike and I got pulled over doing over 100mph. No thin blue line on my bike, but I did have a Fartbarf sticker on my helmet that the cop asked about.

Coydog posted:

They don't and I don't have to because I'm white on a motorcycle in the deep south. That's one of the major problems.

Also I'm white with a shaved head so maybe that helped

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Slavvy posted:

:emptyquote:

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

There is standalone aftermarket ECUs that fit the 701 but they aren't as common as the power commander. The stock ECU hasn't been flashable for years.
SAS/Canister removal requires dongles to fool the engine so it doesn't throw up an check engine light OR the race kit tune it's not available for all bikes/countries.
The PCV blanking kit is just an external filter instead of routing it through the airbox, however still seems dumb to me, at least use a catch can.

And yeah Rottweiler always struck me as overpriced junk, unfortunately no matter what bike you have it's difficult to find out 100% factual information about what performance mods actually work and are reliable.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thin blue line is gross. My honest answer is that I'm not brave enough to have my personal property display any politics because I don't want to get randomly targeted by an extremist someday. So no presidential bumper bumper sticker, no BLM sticker on my laptop, etc.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 3, 2020

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I used to have a GB EU flag on my number plate but even that small act of rebellion will be illegal in January :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Slavvy posted:

I wouldn't wear a swastika even if it was a guaranteed get out of tickets card.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm not brave enough to have my personal property display any politics because I don't want to get randomly targeted by an extremist someday.

All sentiments I can agree with.

Oceanlife, given you said this:

Oceanlife posted:

would you have given up people to the Nazis, so you could have extra rations?