Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://globalnews.ca/news/7498626/bc-hockey-team-alberta-covid-cluster/

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Slotducks posted:

Yeah imagine living in a country that ends up spending more money to punish people (by virtue of paying for a citizen to be in jail) than it would be to forgive the tax fraud lol

while I agree, this is probably not the right glass house to throw stones from. enforcement has a cost even without imprisonment, and CRA disproportionately goes after lower income people who don’t actually owe much in taxes. Edit: I may have missed :thejoke:

Also keep in mind that this is the US approach to white collar crime in general, federal agents regularly take traders off the trading floor in handcuffs but in Canada (and other western countries) there are very few cases where insider trading leads to prison time. I still personally hate that idea because I think jail time for anything nonviolent is inhumane, even if they're rich wall street dickheads.

Starks has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Dec 3, 2020

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
ive had a balance owing on my cra account for like 8 of the past 10 years and theyve never bothered to contact me about it

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
just got off the phone with CRA after an hour on hold and found out something was wrong with my 2019 tax return and there was missing income, putting me under the eligibility requirements. the agent told me to refile with the missing income and that i'll most likely get a request for documentation about it. now i'm worried it looks fishy as hell to be changing tax returns to meet eligibility requirements even if it's all above board and legit income and they won't accept the documentation i provide since i was essentially getting paid cash by a family member to be a caregiver for my long term disability mom, of which all the money went towards room and board and food etc.

this is a big loving headache + nightmare

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Starks posted:

I still personally hate that idea because I think jail time for anything nonviolent is inhumane, even if they're rich wall street dickheads.

I agree. As a more humane measure, rich wall street dickheads should be executed in the streets and left to rot

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Thats wasteful. Dogs need food.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

Thats wasteful. Dogs need food.

it’s cruel to feed dogs lovely food

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
good to see the postmedia brigade has been called up to spread the word of how impressive that one minute of pallisters speech was while ignoring his outright racism in the other 20 minutes

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ARACHTION posted:

it’s cruel to feed dogs lovely food

humans are very nutritious

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I imagine wall street bankers are like the equivalent of foie gras too

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Here's a fun thing.

https://twitter.com/theturner/status/1334969966659915776

drat Liberals!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I think it is already well known this guy is a huge dumbass chud but still, lol.

COVID-19: Canucks anthem singer Mark Donnelly to perform at anti-masker rally

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

priznat posted:

I think it is already well known this guy is a huge dumbass chud but still, lol.

COVID-19: Canucks anthem singer Mark Donnelly to perform at anti-masker rally

Former Canucks anthem singer.

https://twitter.com/fr_aquilini/status/1335044102509883394

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
lol, owned.

I was surprised they kept him around after his anti-abortion support but I guess that could get mired in a whole religious belief thing where this is just straight up dumbassedry.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he could probably get away with anything up to and including a straight up nazi rally. but imagine how much money the pandemic has cost every sports team in lost ticket sales. the mind boggles.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The hospital outbreak really hosed over London, it's definitely going to red, probably a shut down

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

lol im gonna die in this province, and it'll be sooner than later.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Terror Sweat posted:

The hospital outbreak really hosed over London, it's definitely going to red, probably a shut down

yuuuuuup.

especially since so far the media is reporting that yesterday's high case count was unrelated to the hospital outbreak

hilariously, though:

there was a massive lineup for bath and body works' candle sale at the mall over the weekend:

today it was announced that a staff member at the store tested positive

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I've given in to full on, end of the world, asteroid is coming hedonism with that knowledge in mind.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Powershift posted:

I've given in to full on, end of the world, asteroid is coming hedonism with that knowledge in mind.

im too poor

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

a friend of mine pointed out recently how comically disconnected coronavirus rhetoric is from actual policies. like, pretty much everyone around the world is giving the same exact response this dude did ("we're following all of the evidence-based practices from around the world and implementing policies accordingly"), but then you have places like taiwan where they've got close to zero cases vs. absolute basket cases like alberta. it's all totally vacuous and empty

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
It's a pretty reasonable choice if the fundamental psychic underpinning all of your cultural ideology is "gently caress you mom I do what I want".

Just, yknow, evil.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

yuuuuuup.

especially since so far the media is reporting that yesterday's high case count was unrelated to the hospital outbreak

hilariously, though:

there was a massive lineup for bath and body works' candle sale at the mall over the weekend:

I don't care who thinks this is a bad take, if you line up in the middle of a pandemic for scented loving candles you deserve to get sick.

Unfortunately these people are going to get other people sick and that's not cool.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

I don't care who thinks this is a bad take, if you line up in the middle of a pandemic for scented loving candles you deserve to get sick.

Unfortunately these people are going to get other people sick and that's not cool.

you get sick and then you can't smell your scented candles, it's very ironic

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Kenney won the popular vote in Alberta I have a hard time feeling bad for them including my own lovely con boomer parents

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

EvilJoven posted:

honestly who lines up for a candle sale when there isn't a pandemic? i know, i'm probably an outlier but i loving despise literally every single bath and body works product i've ever had the misfortune to come across. i find them literally nauseating.

like buy some goddamned potpourri and then cheap candles that you won't be afraid to burn because they were expensive. jfc.

honestly why are people even going to malls right now?????

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

mediaphage posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Because we're dumb enough to keep them open.

Should turn 'em into shelters or something. Same with convention centres.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mediaphage posted:

honestly who lines up for a candle sale when there isn't a pandemic? i know, i'm probably an outlier but i loving despise literally every single bath and body works product i've ever had the misfortune to come across. i find them literally nauseating.

like buy some goddamned potpourri and then cheap candles that you won't be afraid to burn because they were expensive. jfc.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

my sister hired a private shopper to go into disney world for her and buy things the stores were out of up here

people really, really loving buy into capitalist consumption as an identity

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Do it ironically posted:

Kenney won the popular vote in Alberta I have a hard time feeling bad for them including my own lovely con boomer parents

We still doing this?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Arivia posted:

my sister hired a private shopper to go into disney world for her and buy things the stores were out of up here

people really, really loving buy into capitalist consumption as an identity

????????????????

is your sister interested in adopting a grown-assed man? she clearly has money she doesn't need. i'm amazing in the kitchen

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mediaphage posted:

????????????????

is your sister interested in adopting a grown-assed man? she clearly has money she doesn't need. i'm amazing in the kitchen

she already has one and I have no idea what she sees in him because he can't hold a conversation about literally anything

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Arivia posted:

she already has one and I have no idea what she sees in him because he can't hold a conversation about literally anything

lol that's the worst. i'm super lucky in that i like almost all of my inlaws. except my brother in law is pretty chuddy but i don't have to talk to him so whatever

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

My friend's rear end in a top hat estranged father took her younger siblings to the West Edmonton Mall to go shopping, then about 5 days later a couple of them started getting sick and now they all have tested positive for corona.

Albertans, stay the gently caress home

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arivia posted:

this is genuinely one of the most baffling things i've ever read

autism has made it so that i've never truly felt like i fit in but this whole pandemic is making me feel like i'm living on loving mars compared to the rest of humanity

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

this is genuinely one of the most baffling things i've ever read

autism has made it so that i've never truly felt like i fit in but this whole pandemic is making me feel like i'm living on loving mars compared to the rest of humanity

There is an alarming percentage of people who value the acquisition and possession of inanimate objects above all else. They place almost no value on achievement, effort expended, experience gained, or personal improvements made.

I used to work with someone like that and all he did was talk about his stuff, never what he did with it. I am so very glad he's gone. He and his kind are so insufferable.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you think watching people's brains break because they can't fill the void in their life by buying poo poo due to this minor calamity is bad, imagine how hilarious it's gonna be when nobody can afford poo poo when climate change finally implodes our society.

Or better yet imagine how incredulous a good chunk of our society would be if benevolent aliens came and gave us something resembling the replicators from Star Trek. Suddenly getting stuff is so easy it no longer tickles that part of ones brain nor does their stuff impress anyone else. I'm p sure it'd cause an alarming number of mental breakdowns.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

do i even exist if i don't buy ten funco pops a week? what is the point of working if not to pay off a Ford F150 that i will replace in 5 years?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

i am better than you because my house has higher square footage. it does not matter that my work destroys my soul, i never see my family or my children, and i haven't had a meaningful conversation with someone in ten years, my house is big and so is my flatscreen tv.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

yuuuuuup.

hilariously, though:

someone who is good at the medicine please help me avoid covid. my lungs are dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EvilJoven posted:

If you think watching people's brains break because they can't fill the void in their life by buying poo poo due to this minor calamity is bad, imagine how hilarious it's gonna be when nobody can afford poo poo when climate change finally implodes our society.

i'm going to make a fortune sculpting crude Micky Mouse heads out of clay in the post apocalypse