Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Square Enix is making more model kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

I started customizing again after a few rough months, just finished this Ridley figure. Really loving how he turned out and now I'm trying to figure out a flight base for him.

Very cool. Now I want one.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I got my potato faced mandalorian this morning and I love him.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Havoc904 posted:

The stock was wacky when I checked for in-store pickup on this one, so I just ended up picking the ship option. I am about to run out, so I will check the Targets near me on my way and pick up an extra if I see one.

My order got cancelled.

Target's site says they have some but they can't be ordered online, but there's none on the shelf. I did find an armorer so I grabbed that.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 1, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

JT Smiley posted:

I started customizing again after a few rough months, just finished this Ridley figure. Really loving how he turned out and now I'm trying to figure out a flight base for him.

Looks good... What was the process here?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Square Enix is making more model kits

Oh snap! I never picked up the Fei, Elly, or Weltal figs they did.

Are these coming colored or do you have to paint them yourself?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Blackchamber posted:

My order got cancelled.

Target's site says they have some but they can't be ordered online, but there's none on the shelf. I did find an armorer so I grabbed that.

I didn't see any at the two Targets I swung by, but I don't know if they had actually put them out or not. Most of the stores near me (I live in north Dallas, so there are Targets everywhere) are showing "Not sold at this store" right now.

I will pick up one if I find it though.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Oh snap! I never picked up the Fei, Elly, or Weltal figs they did.

Are these coming colored or do you have to paint them yourself?

Unpainted, looks like.

You can see them unboxed here.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10740960

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Made the mistake of not going back to Target till last night and they were completely cleaned out of Rogue and Gambit, but surprisingly had tons of Storm left. Probably for the best cause I've dropped way too much money of toys these last few weeks.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Looks good... What was the process here?

Thanks, started with an Arcade Aliens vs Predator figure. Removed the head and built a neck from an original ML Spider-Man figure. The head is a 3d print I bought online and the wings are from a BAF Sauron figure (which were not cheap at this point). After I sanded down the joints and shoulders I sculpted over the neck and traps. Once it was dry I air brushed a dark blue, then purple followed by dry brushing lighter and lighter shades of pink.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Apropos of nothing, it occurred to me: I used to buy fancy soft goods figures from Medicom and detailed mostly-plastic figures from Mezco, and some 13 years later the roles are reversed. Weird how that worked out.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/status/1334180585158356995

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started my monorail track rebuild project for Eternia and after two hours working on one piece I decided to just buy the reproduction set and come back to this project at a future date. Also bought a full set of replacement stickers for it. Is there a good tutorial for removing old rear end stickers without damaging plastic?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I've been told rubbing alcohol is the way to go, but no idea on the strength or specific type. Fairly certain Isopropyl would be fine on those old plastics though.

When in doubt, dish soap and water are always a safe bet. Just let it soak overnight.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Zippo lighter fluid is also pretty good for removing sticker residue and is less harsh on plastic than alcohol.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pour some vodka on it!

Alcohol, oils and mild acids work.

So rubbing alcohol, any cooking oil (or the lighter fluid), or some diluted vinegar. Also mayo, since it's made of 2 of those.

Oils could possibly stain though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll give ipa a shot.

One of the last large pieces I need is a Fright Zone and I'm kicking myself for missing a complete one for $65 on Monday. So I've made an offer on two incomplete sets that would give me 100% of the parts, here's hoping! I also have a pretty badly degraded monster puppet on the way, I'm going to try to make a permanent display piece out of it. I'm surprised nobody has made any replacement options for it by now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wouldn't use an IPA. The sugars in it will probably just make your toys a sticky mess.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I recommend goo gone. Just make sure to wash it with water after.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Dale-Taco posted:

I recommend goo gone. Just make sure to wash it with water after.

Absolutely this. There are two types of Goo Gone but they essentially work the same.

There is the little tubey bottle you can get: https://amzn.to/3mBOmug
This is good for smaller jobs and if you feel like you wouldn't frequently be using it.

The other is the Spray Gel: https://amzn.to/33EYmvx
The one I got on the other hand, assumes you'll use it for everything.

My initial use case for Goo Gone was to remove a bit of sticker from glass, the type you get when the label doesn't cleanly come off and leaves a slightly stick residue on the jar.

However, now having it in my home, i realized I could use it for WAY WAY more. So I've let a friend borrow it to remove a parking sticker from his windshield, use it to remove labels from the bottom of cups or jars when you first buy them, and OF COURSE removing stickers from plastic toys.

I had gotten this 6" scale Arcade Cabinet you could jam your phone inside of to appear like it was a functional cabinet. But it came with Galaga stickers all over it and felt I could do better. I used everything I could think of to remove it. I soaked it in warm water, i left it alcohol, I've soaked it in soapy water.. nothing worked on the LAST bits of residue UNTIL Goo Gone. So yeah.. huge fan HOWEVER you gotta make sure you're able to wash or wipe it off. It stays on like an oil. To MY knowledge it doesn't damage any plastics, but if you don't use Dawn or something to wash it off.. your plastic will just feel a bit oily.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah Goo Gone is D-Limonene, Kerosene and Methanol primarily.

Oil and alcohol.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have that exact Goo Gone in my garage.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I honestly dunno how they stay in business, it's gotta be a front for something. I've had the same bottle for like 20 years and it's still at least 3/4 full.

No clue, but the poo poo is amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I've had it for a long time.

Also neither of my Fright Zone offers bit but I just got a "complete" one for $50 so I'm still happy!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Not sure if the formula is the same, but I’ve had great success with the Goo Gone Sticker Lifter kit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003W0PCEO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_tquYFb5JBHVCC

The included plastic scraper is great and the edge is very, very thin and hasn’t failed me yet.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Looks like we are getting straight cases of black series The Armorer out here in a few weeks, in sufficient quantities that the shops are already offering them at 25% off before arrival. I'm not sure if hasbro distribution is still messy in the western hemisphere these days but if anyone missed out on the figure hopefully should be much easier to get when these start circulating.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Neat. Still thinking of getting her. My current waiting on delivery is pimp destro, and he's going on a tour of the south for some reason. Hit my town's local destination center for the post office and then a few hours later it was on the other side of the state.

Oh yea, hot toys/sideshow are re releasing the dark knight batman, joker, bane, and catwoman (that one is a rumor), as well as the batpod and the armory. So, if you missed em, you have another chance.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sooper Gila posted:

Looks like we are getting straight cases of black series The Armorer out here in a few weeks, in sufficient quantities that the shops are already offering them at 25% off before arrival. I'm not sure if hasbro distribution is still messy in the western hemisphere these days but if anyone missed out on the figure hopefully should be much easier to get when these start circulating.

She’s great, although I did manage to snag the deluxe version with the soft goods cape thing and the extra smithing tools. The Mando stuff in general has been some of the best Black Series output from the last few years. I just got my Remnant Stormtroopers in the mail today and they look way better in person than the official pics, plus they’re the new ultra-poseable Stormtrooper mould (that uses the Rogue One design) so they’re way more dynamic than the old ones.

It’s a real shame that some of the best figures in that line are stuck as exclusives half the collector base will never find in stores.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I have the Monsterarts Rathalos preordered on BBTS. The ship date got pushed back from November to December... should I be worried? This is the first time I’ve ever ordered from BBTS. Should I feel confident that if I have this item preordered from them I’ll get it, or is there a good chance the order might get cancelled and I should look into a different store to get it from?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I think I might have an old Rogue and Gambit (not Classics, the normal ML release from a year or two ago), in case anyone wants them. I just need to check the paint apps on the new Gambit that is arriving today. Neither have been opened, they sat in a box waiting for me to put together my X-men display. Think I paid $20/each for them, so I'd just be looking for that plus shipping.

EDIT: Gambit is spoken for

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I have the Monsterarts Rathalos preordered on BBTS. The ship date got pushed back from November to December... should I be worried? This is the first time I’ve ever ordered from BBTS. Should I feel confident that if I have this item preordered from them I’ll get it, or is there a good chance the order might get cancelled and I should look into a different store to get it from?
I've never had them outright cancel anything on me, but I have had items slip back for several months before they finally shipped. The only exception was an Uncle Iroh POP I was getting for my friend, and I eventually just canceled it myself since he found it in the store randomly one day. It seems like they list release dates assuming they get the packages the exact day they come out, when in reality it's often delayed a few weeks due to shipping, etc.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 4, 2020

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Mando has turned me into a big-time Black Series collector, where I mostly had written off Star Wars previously and was only getting choice OT figs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Japanese figures have been slipping months all year. Covid stuff.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The target exclusive Mandalorian and the child was in good supply at my local target and the ones around me according to brickseek and I was able to grab one.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That Mando looks so bad. The Din Djarin face sculpt is awful and the helmet looks off because it has to fit over it. Lollypop head mfer.

I'm generally very disappointed with that figure. Why come with a jetpack that he can't even wear with that awful plastic cape?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah the head is awful. I already have Mando (still sitting in my pile of loot at bbts) but as you know the Target exclusive comes with a ton of accessories like the child's pram, tracking fob, and the beskar payment so that makes it worth hunting down for me.

Besides Target was running that buy 2 get 1 free promo so if I offload the other two I grabbed at the 23-some odd dollars a piece that it breaks down to I'll have gotten it for near the normal price of a regular black series figure.

Just need to find people who like lollipops.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I'm very spoiled by the Figuarts Beskar Din and Grogu. Only thing they're missing are the beskar bullion from that set.

Figuarts Ahsoka when

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I'm holding out on getting the Hot Toys Mando, the temptation is strong but I have the feeling we will see at least one more upgrade of his armor.

Also since supposedly Ahsoka is getting a 3 picture deal I'm sure she'll also get a live action version Hot Toy, so it's a good thing I didn't pull the trigger on their upcoming one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just get every Hot Toys version of his armor, coward!

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Fuzz posted:

Mando has turned me into a big-time Black Series collector, where I mostly had written off Star Wars previously and was only getting choice OT figs.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Mando stuff in general has been some of the best Black Series output from the last few years.

Same and Agreed, I had winded way down on Black Series this year but these mando and clone wars figures have sucked me totally back in, I'm excited too about what we've seen for next year with Ventress and the bad batch. The 3 new mando figures are all double packed in this current case too, so hopefully they'll be easy for everyone to get as well.

Never had them cancel an order on me. Several years ago they did push back an order I had of the marvel legends wave for the first GOTG film, the Groot build a figure wave. They pushed it back repeatedly for something like four months after original ETA, so much so that by the time I got them Starlord, Drax and Iron Man were already on clearance here. Was Balanced out by Nova, Rocket and Gamorra being otherwise impossible to get back then. Only time that's ever happened in many years of doing business with them.

As mentioned Bandai's release schedule is a bit messed up right now too even in Japan, some figuarts stuff is almost 2 months late even.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Idk i like the target mando. Hes not so ugly in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Alright cool. I’m more than fine waiting to get Rathalos, so if i don’t need to worry about cancellations I’ll just let it sit until it’s ready.

I’m sorta interest in the black series mando.... I have the figuarts version buts like, very fiddly? Like I don’t even want to touch it anymore for fear it’ll break or a part will fly off. So I don’t know, I might get the black series one just to compare. Plus I dont have an in scale grogu yet.