Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Sting is gonna have a rematch with the kid he beat up in that soft drink commercial and that kid will be revealed to have been MJF somehow in one of his early brushes with fame.

omg that would be unreal tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

tao of lmao posted:

Weird idk why i’m remembering him. Must be getting old.

I could've sworn they had at least planned something for him at some point, too. Was there ever a rumor that he was going to present the belt instead of Bret? Or maybe he just did stuff at Starrcast which made it feel like there was an AEW connection?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

smarxist posted:

Sting was sitting in a bell tower somewhere when a little bell (one of hundreds) he has marked "Four Horsemen Reforming" started ringing, he immediately donned his facepaint and jacket to search for and prepare Cody Rhodes for this

oh my god cody becomes surfer sting and darby is crow sting and they each use one half of his legacy to destroy the new 4 horsemen

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Bucks talked a little about the Impact stuff here:

It definitely seems like there's some big interest in things coming out of the show, though a lot of the fan interest seems to be on Sting while the wrestler/journalist interest seems to be on the Impact partnership from what I've seen.

AEW seems like a company that never wants to slow down and is always trying to push to do something new or different or unique. I know a lot of people here joke (or maybe it's not a joke) about how WWE has broken a lot of people's brains for the past 20 years, so now whenever anything slightly off happens in AEW it gets treated the same way as something off happening in WWE.

Miro, for instance – his debut was fine, but nothing spectacular. He isn't being pushed as the main bad guy or a central part in any major storylines. In WWE, this would basically be a death sentence because you know the guy would just get shifted down the card until he's on main event or in catering. AEW, on the other hand, has proven to be able to quickly shift people around the card and make everyone matter without forcing them down your throats or over-saturating them.

Don't know where I'm really going with this, other than it's nice to see a major company still taking chances and doing things their own way rather than falling into the same ruts the WWE has for so long.

The one downside of last night being such a crazy, newsworthy show is Miro's bad rear end run in the battle royal got overshadowed.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I always assumed Bret was under a legends contract with WWE, which made him unveiling the World Title at the inaugural DoN doubly-shocking

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The only thing I know about sting is that one video where he jumps RVD while disguised as himself and that's pretty cool

e: I also know about that match where he pinned Jeff Hardy for real in a match that was like 30 seconds long

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really like what the TNT Belt is turning into. It's a really unique idea to differentiate it from the world title without really cheapening either of them.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The only shocking thing to me about that match is Jeff Hardy not throwing up all over himself

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

I really like what the TNT Belt is turning into. It's a really unique idea to differentiate it from the world title without really cheapening either of them.

What's it turning into? Just seems like another thing people fight over. Dont get me wrong I love it and people should fight over more things.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

inthesto posted:

e: I also know about that match where he pinned Jeff Hardy for real in a match that was like 30 seconds long

That was tough to watch, it's so sad

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

inthesto posted:

The only thing I know about sting is that one video where he jumps RVD while disguised as himself and that's pretty cool

please do not ruin your beautiful, perfect memories of the stinger by tracking down anything from the rest of his career

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

The one downside of last night being such a crazy, newsworthy show is Miro's bad rear end run in the battle royal got overshadowed.

I loved how they used Miro in the battle royale and it’s real strange to me that smug misanthrope Twitter is still down on him, but I guess that’s smug misanthropes for you.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

What's it turning into? Just seems like another thing people fight over. Dont get me wrong I love it and people should fight over more things.

It feels more representative of TNT whereas the AEW World title feels more representative of AEW (and now, Impact!)

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

When are we getting to the Shaq Factory?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1334566062793306114

Warner is getting all the way behind HBO Max (as well they should, gently caress theaters), makes you wonder how far we are from them trying to get AEW on there.

Is BR owned by Warner?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I loved how they used Miro in the battle royale and it’s real strange to me that smug misanthrope Twitter is still down on him, but I guess that’s smug misanthropes for you.

the first rule of wrestling twitter is to never read or engage wrestling twitter on anything you may have enjoyed or they'll suck the joy out of it for you like lovely vampires

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

MassRafTer posted:

While he's kinda faded into the background a little, having him clean house and remind everyone who he is works wonders. They've got at least a couple irons set up for him now. Miro/Trent? is gonna slap and Miro/Wardlow is gonna be nuts.

Hell do Miro/Wardlow and have it end with them needing to team against Cage/Hobbs. Hoss for days.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

It was great. Did anyone say it wasn't great?

Also there's a moment where he's standing across from Wardlow and it really clicked how jacked Miro has gotten.

I'd actually really enjoy if Miro/Kip join with Best Friends to battle the IC, but I guess a lot of that would be a retread.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1334566062793306114

Warner is getting all the way behind HBO Max (as well they should, gently caress theaters), makes you wonder how far we are from them trying to get AEW on there.

Is BR owned by Warner?

Yeah, I've been wondering if they might put past PPVs on HBO Max.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
The way I figure it, Vince is probably pissed that Sting signed with AEW after bringing him into wwe so I'm ok with it,

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Crazy eyes Miro was legit scary last night

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Quid posted:

The way I figure it, Vince is probably pissed that Sting signed with AEW after bringing him into wwe so I'm ok with it,
Brock is still a "free agent" right? If for whatever dumb reason AEW snatched him up that would send Vince over the edge.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I went back and watched Miro's performance in the BR. It was so good. When he bows up to Wardlow and Wardlow does his adjust the straps ducklips gimmick and Miro gets his crazy eyes and flexes it just so good. AEW is becoming the beef factory.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spiderdrake posted:

It was great. Did anyone say it wasn't great?

Also there's a moment where he's standing across from Wardlow and it really clicked how jacked Miro has gotten.

I'd actually really enjoy if Miro/Kip join with Best Friends to battle the IC, but I guess a lot of that would be a retread.

I haven't seen anyone saying it was bad but you never know, gamers are highly persecuted.

But on an average Dynamite that match would have been one of the most talked about things, last night it's not in the top 3!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MJeff posted:

(as well they should, gently caress theaters)

What's your problem guy? Movie Theaters rule.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They suck rear end.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MJeff posted:

Anyway, also, Sting's theme slaps. I remember when AEW started we kinda made fun of the themes, but Mikey Rukus has really come into his own.

https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/arrival-sting-aew-theme
hours later, this still kicks rear end

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Ugh, I got excited for Dune but it doesn’t come out until October. We’ll all be dead by then.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They're cool. The communal experience of watching a movie in a packed theater is one of the coolest things and it sucks that it's dying, and it sucks even more that it's being celebrated by antisocial dweebs

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
There's a lot of bad things about how WWE handled Sting but not using The Crow theme was a travesty

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I agree, it is not an economical way to watch a movie or stay in shape but I love watching movies and eating too much popcorn with too much fake butter.

Also watching Cain destroy Brock Lesnar in a movie theater was even more fun than going to a live UFC event.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
The Sting video should break 1M views by 8PM tonight. That's pretty huge.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

NienNunb posted:

They're cool. The communal experience of watching a movie in a packed theater is one of the coolest things and it sucks that it's dying, and it sucks even more that it's being celebrated by antisocial dweebs

When you get a good crowd it's fantastic. That almost never happens though. Most of the time it's a bunch of assholes talking the whole time.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I would always go to the theater every Tuesday because it’s senior day so you usually get a respectful crowd and sometimes I see some of my old high school teachers. Anyway if you like
movies and if hellworld ever ends I suggest going on senior discount day.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Crazy eyes Miro was legit scary last night

I was legit thinking at that spot “drat I could never handle being in front of that poo poo even if he was supposed to be pretending because you couldn’t tell at all and I don’t wanna die”

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vince MechMahon posted:

When you get a good crowd it's fantastic. That almost never happens though. Most of the time it's a bunch of assholes talking the whole time.

Where do you live? In the before times my wife and I would go once a week, and almost never had this issue. The few times there would be loud asses, the ushers patrolling at AMC would tell them to be quiet.

Many years ago I saw Avatar (not the last airbender) on opening night. Someone brought a baby that was freaking out for the first half hour. I'm not super proud of this but I yelled "shut that loving baby up!" and the person left with their baby still screaming.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There’s nothing that beats seeing a great movie in a theater but I’ve grown to hate the experience more and more over time as Americans have become bigger ignorant shitheads.

It’s very rare now that my wife and I can go see a movie without teenagers who won’t shut the gently caress up or stop checking their phones in there. Or families bringing kids they can’t control.

And 90% of the workers are high school kids so even if you complain, nothing happens. None of the employees get paid enough to deal with assholes so I don’t really blame them in that sense.

If we go at all anymore, it’s usually on a Sunday morning, which is generally not bad.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1334557157812023296

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Multiplexes pretty much stink but seeing a good movie in an empty theater at like 10 pm was one of my favorite things when I worked noon to 9 and I'm bummed I won't get to do that or go to one of the really nice Fathom Ghibli or more recently Satoshi Kon showings they used to do for at least a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

God I’m gonna love full prick heel kenny