Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

drat can't wait to play Iron Banner this season and get

Kinetics
adaptive auto
agg hand cannon
agg hand cannon
high impact scout
high impact scout
agg sniper

Energy
lightweight GL
rapid fire sidearm

Heavy
adaptive GL
adaptive RL

And the Armor set we already have in 2.0 from Undying except it's not sunset

yeah everything about Crucible, Gambit, and Vanguard strikes are really underwhelming now. Europa is cool and nightfalls lost sector and the raid are nice but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im going to unlock the last piece of the armor sets next week, and if i cant roll for new pieces i might log off until the last week of the season. i have tens of thousands of tokens/weapon parts lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They broke Jade Rabbit again. :ughh:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
bounty pickups on the app

:bisonyes:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
hosed up that the thread lied to me and Prophecy is already coming back instead of being gone forever

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The content vault is equipped with a revolving door apparently!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've always been of the mindset that it's coming back but nobody cares because it's boring and the loot's crap

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Holy poo poo the Trinity Ghoul catalyst dropped for me, this is hilarious :science:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Eej posted:

hosed up that the thread lied to me and Prophecy is already coming back instead of being gone forever

What was prophecy? I really don't remember (the dungeon?)

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I think a lot of us weren't expecting it to come back so quickly.

Dropping it season 15 with 2 weeks left and not updating the loot table kind of thing.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Getting bounties through the app is genuinely surprising, because the bounty acquisition grind seemed like an obvious design decision to inflate player engagement numbers/hours.

If that was never the case, then it's even crazier the type of stuff that Bungie focuses on instead of Quality of Life improvements like that.

Although, if remote bounty collection is only possible through the Bungie companion app (and not DIM, Braytech, etc.), maybe it's a push to move the player base towards using their app instead of 3rd party tools.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Discospawn posted:

remote bounty collection is only possible through the Bungie companion app (and not DIM, Braytech, etc.),

This is correct! Only using their app, and the functionality is locked unless you are Offline, in Orbit, or in the Tower (same parameters as using 3rd party tools to swap loadout)

It will save you a trip to the tower when you're all in Orbit and someone realizes they want bounties for the new activity, and/or when you want to pick up bounties at 8:59 right before reset but can't fire up the game

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
That's a stupid restriction; just let us get them in the actually game. Almost as stupid as their decision to hide where Xur is every week so that "content creators" have an excuse to put out more videos.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ponzicar posted:

just let us get them in the actually game.

buddy I got GREAT news for you

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Arctic Haze is really good in PVP. I have a solid roll with Killing Wind/Thresh. I don't think I've liked any 720rpm AR as much as this one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mill Village posted:

Arctic Haze is really good in PVP. I have a solid roll with Killing Wind/Thresh. I don't think I've liked any 720rpm AR as much as this one.

Just a heads up that Tresh is literally inactive in PvP. Killing wind slays though!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

What happened to guns and perks being designed to work in all game modes? :psyduck:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mill Village posted:

What happened to guns and perks being designed to work in all game modes? :psyduck:

Recently Bungie decided that the term "Combatants" only means PvE. They had similar systems in D1 where some perks were only active against "Minions of the Darkness" but it's 2020 baby so stuff gotta be more confusing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Recently Bungie decided that the term "Combatants" only means PvE. They had similar systems in D1 where some perks were only active against "Minions of the Darkness" but it's 2020 baby so stuff gotta be more confusing

They should have Minions of the Darkness again and have things apply to Dark Guardians and just not tell anyone that

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mazerunner posted:

its for weighted knife, which is the precision gunslinger tree, not stasis

watching crazy knife bounce kills on youtube and not being able to do them is aggravating to no end. Like, how do you get the super tracking to proc?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

It will be interesting to see if they release Prophecy at the same power level as before. Prophecy will drop Powerfuls and a Pinnacle upon completion, but if it's still at ~1050 LL then it will be as (relatively) trivial as Pit of Heresy, which Bungie removed Powerfuls/Pinnacles from.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/SPkYIkp.mp4

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

RBA Starblade posted:

They should have Minions of the Darkness again and have things apply to Dark Guardians and just not tell anyone that

gently caress it, let me control the blockers in gambit, L4D2 time.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mill Village posted:

This perk only works in PVE and that perk only works in PVP but we're going to balance the whole archetype based off who can do the most shots in the office on a Friday evening.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Mill Village posted:

Don’t you have to be good at PVP to qualify something as good in PVP?

Mazerunner posted:

bounty pickups on the app

:bisonyes:

Legit can’t believe they actually did this.

There were tons of times last season where I literally didn’t play destiny because I didn’t want waste 15 minutes running around the tower to play PVP for 60.

It sucks it’s not available in DIM, but I’m positive it’s to prevent automation of bounty collection.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo the Trinity Ghoul catalyst dropped for me, this is hilarious :science:

It’s Very Good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I ran into a guy who was invincible and one shotting everyone with ntte in gambit and I'm mad now

This is why Bungie had everyone agree to the Guardian Oath

e: Also boy Xenophage is just a magic wand that makes invaders go away isn't it

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 4, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Discospawn posted:

It will be interesting to see if they release Prophecy at the same power level as before. Prophecy will drop Powerfuls and a Pinnacle upon completion, but if it's still at ~1050 LL then it will be as (relatively) trivial as Pit of Heresy, which Bungie removed Powerfuls/Pinnacles from.

Having done Prophecy at power cap last season honestly it'd be fine give it's manual group activity that takes some semblance of coordination/communication. Much easier poo poo gives powerfuls and pinnacles already.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm really liking Sunshot, it's just all around a fun gun to use. Doesn't hurt that it's really good in both PvE and PvP.

I don't really have a good kinetic weapon to pair it with though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mustang posted:

I'm really liking Sunshot, it's just all around a fun gun to use. Doesn't hurt that it's really good in both PvE and PvP.

Not too many good special kinetics this season.

I miss my militias birthright :smith:...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've actually found myself reverting to an old PVE loadout - Cerberus +1, the Ikelos sniper and a sword. This is kind of the "bad habit" loadout because the Cerberus +1 (once you've unlocked alt fire mode) sort of makes anything other than a sniper irrelevant while simultanously removing any aiming skill you may have developed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mustang posted:

Both sunshot and graviton are excellent second slot early D2 guns that should get used more because how fun they make clearing rooms.

They don't need much of a god roll to pair with. Keep an eye for an auto loading kinetic shotgun I guess or a nice smg for when stuff gets hairy up close.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

RBA Starblade posted:

e: Also boy Xenophage is just a magic wand that makes invaders go away isn't it

It really is. Also worth running MG finder/scavenger mods since if you get plenty of ammo it's also great for emergency blocker deleting and general mob/boss damage.

Also it trivializes boss damage in wraithborn hunts. I know swords (particularly Lament) out damage it, but the bosses have really aggressive stomps so it's best to stay at range.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/ctlIe2b.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/KGOySbt.mp4

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

7th Seraph AR is kinda the answer for me here, with a single 1-Energy mod its good to go.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Eej posted:

life_source posted:

I think a lot of us weren't expecting it to come back so quickly.

Dropping it season 15 with 2 weeks left and not updating the loot table kind of thing.

xzzy posted:

The content vault is equipped with a revolving door apparently!

They said that Prophecy was not being vaulted, that was just taking a break due to a technical issue (they rewrote their scripting layer). They also promised that it would be back this (calendar) year in the exact same announcement where they said it was going away.

Normally I don't get on people for not reading tea leaves with dozens of TWABs about random bullshit, but this one was extremely clear as to why it was going away and when it was coming back. I do appreciate that it's going to be a Pinnacle activity.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think everyone read that sentence without any troubles, it was just that they expected bungie to be Wrong, like when they said there'd be Trials in season 12

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm just really a fan of irony poisoning, ok??

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

RocketRaygun posted:

They said that Prophecy was not being vaulted, that was just taking a break due to a technical issue (they rewrote their scripting layer). They also promised that it would be back this (calendar) year in the exact same announcement where they said it was going away.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think everyone read that sentence without any troubles, it was just that they expected bungie to be Wrong, like when they said there'd be Trials in season 12

yeah, personally, I thought they meant "year of content" not "calendar year," and figured we wouldn't see it until a couple seasons from now. happy they brought it back so quickly. does make up for the lack of a dungeon in this expansion (and, to be fair, you really can't fault that given the amount of other content they stuffed into Europa)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

xzzy posted:

I'm just really a fan of irony poisoning, ok??

The whole thread being irony-poisoned makes the thread hard to read sometimes. Been better lately tho

So what is Prophecy anyway, I missed the last several seasons. Is it one of the "Dungeons" I heard about at one point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Let’s not forget we’re talking about a dev that released a new patch with an intentional 5 second stun in PVP, on a minute cool down.

It amazes me that Bungie is able to release anything at all with the decisions they often make.