Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RareAcumen posted:

while Supernatural sounds like it turns into Dragon Ball Z only instead of 'being gone training' someone is always 'in hell right now'

In Dragon Ball Z it's frequently both

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

holy poo poo a good c&h

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lol

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In Dragon Ball Z it's frequently both

he said hell, not hfil

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
And then they act super (s)hell shocked for two more episodes.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

It's a show where the first season is basically just two brothers driving around in a '67 Impala to a classic rock soundtrack, gunning down monsters of the week and eventually a demon.

Five seasons of escalation later and they're fist fighting Satan himself.

I haven't seen anything past that but from what I've heard by the 15th and final season they're essentially at the "attack and dethrone God" stage.

The show has absolutely batshit insane fans who are convinced the brother's characters/actors must gently caress to the point of sending their IRL wives death threats.

i mean god is kind of a dick he deserves it. also they probably killed more angels in the "good" seasons then demons and most seasons after the "good" seasons were spent fighting gods mistakes / jerk relatives with a season here or there to explore the lore of the people who built their bunker. so this is a natural conclusion to their story. also in the final season its revealed that the only reason humans arent permanent monster food is god toying with us / them and why the brothers are able to win at all is god gave them basically super powers which he took away but they got back two episodes later. also the fans of this show are garbage who deserve to be in prison.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

burial posted:

I really need to hear someone say “What a merry day to marry, Mary” reeeeeal slow or something. Because it’s hard to conceive of them NOT sounding the same to me.

Funny you should mention, since I've heard that Mari-Macs mother's making Mari-Mac marry me. Furthermore, my mother's making me marry Mari-Mac. It's pretty crazy really.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:aaaaa:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Is it really that shocking that Beartato is a goon?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Radio Paranoia posted:

Is it really that shocking that Beartato is a goon?

I mean, for one, Beartato is cool and has friends.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He's only a goon on full moon nights.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

By popular demand posted:

He's only a goon on full moon nights.

A MoonGoon, if you will.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I know I'm asking for a hundred SWORD responses

but is Beartato pronounced like "potato" or "potato"

(tayt or tot)

HOLY poo poo HE IS A TATOR TOT

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

The Bloop posted:

(tayt or tot)

HOLY poo poo HE IS A TATOR TOT

Bear-tay-toe

(But I was pronouncing it Bear-tah-toe before I read that comic and I didn't want to change, so I just pretend the mirror says tornado weird)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Notice he didn't ask who amongst his friends is the best at basketball? Beartato is #1 on the planet at basketball.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can imagine that, with this big mouth of his he can just hold the ball in until the right moment and there's nothing the opposing team can do about it.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

By popular demand posted:

I can imagine that, with this big mouth of his he can just hold the ball in until the right moment and there's nothing the opposing team can do about it.

Only if he stands still; otherwise it's travelling, right?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There's nothing in the rulebook that says you can't put the ball entirely within one of your body cavities!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If he swallows the ball and then jumps up and down to move, that counts as dribbling.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The Bloop posted:

(tayt or tot)

Nedroid FAQ posted:

How do you pronounce “Beartato”?

It is “Bear-TAY-toe,” like “potato,” because he is half potato. And don’t say, “Oh, but what if I say it ‘po-TAH-toe,'” because literally nobody says “po-TAH-toe.”

Weird thing is I pronounce the plant po-tay-to but before I saw the FAQ I pronounced him Bear-tah-to.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Listen, more importantly, does the name for tater tots come from the two pronunciations?

How am I just now learning this?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Listen, more importantly, does the name for tater tots come from the two pronunciations?

It was the winner of a naming contest. Tots refers to their diminutive size.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Why not just use both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiZ9ESfKjkw

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Astounded by the sheer logic of that last comic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In French Beartato is called Ours de Terre.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I can't imagine it really does but I had that :stare: moment when writing that post

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Fister Roboto posted:

In French Beartato is called Ours de Terre.

[disagreeing Smurf voice] Pommedours

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

My new favorite thing is scrolling right past these ones

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Snake Maze posted:

Bear-tay-toe

(But I was pronouncing it Bear-tah-toe before I read that comic and I didn't want to change, so I just pretend the mirror says tornado weird)

He came a long way really quickly

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lemony posted:

Funny you should mention, since I've heard that Mari-Macs mother's making Mari-Mac marry me. Furthermore, my mother's making me marry Mari-Mac. It's pretty crazy really.

Just wanted you to know that i also appreciate Great Big Sea

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

yaffle posted:

A MoonGoon, if you will.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Once again I'm completely caught unawares by a sudden twist that only on reflection had almost perfect foreshadowing.