Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I called the other stuff fake and i was wrong. But that just seems like way too much... like they'd be releasing a 4 piece set that triples charged shot dmg output. I feel like it would be better to buff the base mechanic instead and have the set only buff the mechanic by 40%.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Another thing about transformative reactions: you need to do way too much research to find out what you're getting from them. If the game told you what their base damage was and what a getting a point of EM equates to, I think it would be a lot easier for people to crunch numbers to compare with the more straightforward damage multiplication of melt/vaporize.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Saxophone posted:

I think my biggest gripe with this game is the limited resources, because I want to level EVERYONE.

Chong looks super cool and I love claymores, but I also rolled Childe so I wanna play him, but my Ning is C3 and Baedou is bae, but that crazy Noelle shield and DEF build looks neat and...and...

Fk same, I have like 9 characters between lvl 50 - 60 and 1 main dps at 70 but I can't settle on one team at all, I want to try everyone

Let me play with all my friends without them getting destroyed at WL5 Mihoyo ;(

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Imma do it. Imma toss more money into the game tonight. Oh baby time to give it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

I like this game but it never scratched the botw itch for me at all
It did for me for the first about 8 hours, and then it turns into a very different thing

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I've finished leveling my two main dps, razor and klee, to 80. Have five of my six supports at 60. Just need to level Bennett who is currently at 20. So almost done with exp books. That meteorite event helped a ton.

Now just need to grind bosses forever to ascend most of them to get their 2nd passives. And gather up hundreds of talent books. And get them halfway decent artifacts...

Meanwhile I have a C2 Beidou collecting dust because I wont get her anywhere close to level 80 in a while.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I think people undervalue non-melt/vaporize reactions heavily and overrate melt/vaporize as if it's easy to consistently and frequently proc it on your highest damage hit.

It's definitely possible to consistently do that with Klee+Xingqiu, whenever his burst is active.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Rexicon1 posted:

Imma do it. Imma toss more money into the game tonight. Oh baby time to give it

i'll say this: having to call my bank to allow purchases from China if I ever want to spend money on this game has probably saved me quite a bit

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Man, Xinyan actually kind of dumpsters the Mondstadt talent domain, whereas I was always having a hard time as Klee. She's even 10 levels under Klee.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Radical posted:

a lot of incredibly bad characters in honkai ended up being really good when they added the boss time attack mode (especially because you had to fight 3 bosses and would thus need 3 teams.) just fighting regular enemies as it currently stands can't be much more than either vortex > aoe or exploit the element / weakness and then do single target damage. the boss time attacks were generally more interesting than abyss was just because a lot of fringe strats could clear bosses really quickly and used characters that were effectively useless in abyss.

I'm pretty sure they're planning on adding bosses that are best beaten with fringe strats later on, once players have had enough time to build up a few core DPS characters. The complaints we see now about materials being so thin on the ground that it's hard to raise characters quickly would be much worse if they released the game with a bunch of bosses that all required different team compositions and "niche" characters.

gandlethorpe posted:

LEAKED POTENTIAL ARTIFACT SET FOR BOW USERS:

2 piece: bow aimed shot charge time decrease by 40%
4 piece: bow aimed shot when hitting weak spots increase crit damage by 100%

Amber mains rejoice

Oh, that'll be nice if true. I like chasing weak points, but the charge time on archers is so long that weak point crits are risky without feeling like significantly more DPS than just hitting enemies with sword normals. I did like using Amber early on, but eventually gave up on her in favor of Xiangling in order to complete that terrible Tianqiu Valley quest.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

homeless snail posted:

It did for me for the first about 8 hours, and then it turns into a very different thing

Yeah same. I enjoy the numbers get bigger aspect of these games more than anything in BoTW so what it turned into benefits me

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excellent, I will finally have my Dendro team that I have always wanted.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dom is Here posted:

i'll say this: having to call my bank to allow purchases from China if I ever want to spend money on this game has probably saved me quite a bit

I had to do it once and now its doing it again. I feel horrible calling the bank because its in spanish and mihoyo is literally "my hole" and they think I'm pranking them

I wonder if buying the primos from the playstore bypasses the problem

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I had to do it once and now its doing it again. I feel horrible calling the bank because its in spanish and mihoyo is literally "my hole" and they think I'm pranking them
ha ha ha ha

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wonder if buying the primos from the playstore bypasses the problem

if you pay using the app store or whatever on mobile i dont think theres a problem, same with over the playstation network

and if you think you're the first person to have to very publicly dispute a $500 charge to myhole.com (LLC), buddy,

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It looks like the rewards for the gliding event are 60 primos, 60k mora, 3 blue talent books, 3 hero's wit per day for six of the days. No idea about the 7th (given that there are only six types of talent books).

I'm quite happy with those rewards, works out to 60 primos + ~50 resin of rewards per day.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

to ascend most of them to get their 2nd passives

Speaking of 2nd passives, I need an opinion on which of my supports need their 2nd passive

I run Diona, Fischl, Bennet, Xingqiu and Sucrose as supports depending on what elements are needed

Who needs a 2nd passive? All of them?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Hexel posted:

Speaking of 2nd passives, I need an opinion on which of my supports need their 2nd passive

I run Diona, Fischl, Bennet, Xingqiu and Sucrose as supports depending on what elements are needed

Fischl and Sucrose are probably the more important ones in that list, while Diona can definitely wait.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Realistically you could all your supports to ascension. It’s free stats and the passive.

Fischl and XQs should be your first priority. Bennet is good if you are using him as a secondary carry. Sucrose i good too. Dionas not that necessary but again, no reason not to get ir

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Realistically you could all your supports to ascension. It’s free stats and the passive.

Fischl and XQs should be your first priority. Bennet is good if you are using him as a secondary carry. Sucrose i good too. Dionas not that necessary but again, no reason not to get ir

i mean the reason is the opportunity cost. you're using resin for boss mats that you could be using for other stuff. is it a good use of resources? depends on where your teams are at!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hexel posted:

Bennett's is INSANE. Changes everything. Fischl's is high potential but you'll want to be ready to make use of it. Same with Sucrose, you'll want to stack lots of EM on her. XQ's is just good but matters less if he's really unbuilt. Diona's does almost nothing.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Perfect, thanks dudes

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Against my better judgement, I decided to spend my 12k primogems on this banner since I wanted a 5* that wasn't Diluc or Childe. Game gave me a Diluc dupe. I am now the living manifestation of regret.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Nothing to regret, sometimes you need to get a non-banner pull out of the way. You next 5* is guaranteed to be on-banner, so pick them wisely!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AG3 posted:

Against my better judgement, I decided to spend my 12k primogems on this banner since I wanted a 5* that wasn't Diluc or Childe. Game gave me a Diluc dupe. I am now the living manifestation of regret.

Better than a jean dupe

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Look at this poo poo, why didnt it get a better innate stat?

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 4, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Cao Ni Ma posted:

the best offense is a good defense

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Godly Noelle piece, lol

If you have C6

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

With transformative reactions, you can spam reactions to your heart's content and it'll add a set amount of damage every* time.

That's a huge asterisk. One of the reasons Fischl isn't in my A team is because Oz just doesn't proc enough. I can pop Oz and proc maybe two overloads that scale with Fischl's EM, or E with XQ and proc three vapes that scale with Diluc's pyro. Xingqui playing by a ruleset entirely his own kind of screws things up before you even talk about the scaling differences. If he was fire everyone would be rallying to nerf Childe because holy hell would that rip.

It's really dumb that 2/3 teams I use rely heavily on The Waterboy but that's the way the game is right now. Also shut up about having a Sucrose because I'll never get her. :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ascension 4 Fischl does let you get a few more off with Tartaglia. (And C6 Fishcl with him is a little deranged.) You can also run XQ with Keqing or C4 Beidou and it's good as well.

I can't find the Tart/Beidou/Fishl/XQ clear I saw so instead here's a 3 star 12-3 if you want to lol at C6 Oz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SL-_zmFxw

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 4, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

Better than a jean dupe

It really depends where you're at. I'd take a Jean dupe over most available five stars.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'd take a Jean C1 over a zhongli right now because at least Jean C1 gets me closer to her C2 which I would actively use, whereas zhongli I'll probably not use until they up his energy generation or add another unit that synergizes better with him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Zhong helped me finally clear the 3 mages domain on the highest difficulty and Jean sat on the bench :colbert:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

it picked all the good stats as secondary stats so none of them could be mainstat

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

AG3 posted:

Another person's trash is another person's treasure.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

it picked all the good stats as secondary stats so none of them could be mainstat

Honestly, I'd rather roll EM or Energy Recharge than flat ATK

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

new developer Q&A post is up: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7170

lots of minor QoL stuff and new systems like friend chat and dialogue record for quests/cutscenes. also raising a character to 20/50/70 will give you a white fate each time, so every character pays you back 3 standard rolls with investment.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7170

Biggest thing there:

After the developers let us have one final peek at their notebooks, it turns out that in Version 1.2, Travelers will be rewarded with 1 Acquaint Fate each time they ascend a character at level 20, 50, or 70!
And for any previous characters that Travelers have ascended, you can claim the Acquaint Fate rewards from the Ascension Materials Preview screen.

Time to add to your debate club collections everybody!

Edit: EFB

Q4: I wish I could repeat a Domain without having to leave and re-enter.
A4: In Version 1.2, Travelers will be able to choose to repeat a Domain challenge from inside the Domain. No more leaving and re-entering!

That one is nice also.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Suddenly I feel justified in having ignored all common sense and invested in so many characters.

I mean it's still probably a good idea to not spread yourself thin but I'm down for a bunch of free pulls for my stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

new developer Q&A post is up: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7170

lots of minor QoL stuff and new systems like friend chat and dialogue record for quests/cutscenes. also raising a character to 20/50/70 will give you a white fate each time, so every character pays you back 3 standard rolls with investment.

Sick, that will be 41 rolls for me if I level my 1s up to 20.