Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I ended up with one of those oversized cans of Fosters recently and ended up drinking it to regain the fridge space, and the stuff over here in the US is definitely different to the piss juice back home in the UK. Still not good, but tolerable.

Fosters as we all know is also Australian for export this poo poo because we wont drink it.

I once saw Stella in a restaurants list of microbrews and I still havent recovered. Not sure the US stuff retains the ingredient of violence in the UK version, which is probably for the best.

yeah after being in europe in 2007 stella is pbr there but hey thats popular here too.

but lasagna is always better leftover so maybe he is on to something?

i am just astounded this whole garfield pizza and coffee shop existed. who wants coffee with pizza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Eldercain posted:

this makes it look like they will be serving dog shoulder as food

the gently caress is that crop

I think maybe he was trying to go for the sight gag where it says "I'm back" and it shows the character's back?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Did anyone try the peyronie pizza before they shut down?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Eldercain posted:

this makes it look like they will be serving dog shoulder as food

the gently caress is that crop
I want to believe it is a cutesy Instagram "part of a collage on the photo wall" move but I also know this is Nathen we are talking about

Edit: It is, but the "oh well" makes no more sense in context, unsurprisingly

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 3, 2020

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Scooby Eats isnt back, its existing for the first time! :mad:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Scooby Eats isnt back, its existing for the first time! :mad:

no, it's back, cant you read?????
-nathen m

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
I didn't see this posted in the thread but here's a tour-de-force interview with Nathen from a couple months ago, where he touches on how phones make his arm tired and how he received death threats for not having opened a Bugs Bunny restaurant:

https://exclaim.ca/film/article/gar...bugs_bunny_fans

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Big City Drinkin posted:

I didn't see this posted in the thread but here's a tour-de-force interview with Nathen from a couple months ago, where he touches on how phones make his arm tired and how he received death threats for not having opened a Bugs Bunny restaurant:

https://exclaim.ca/film/article/gar...bugs_bunny_fans

I can confirm this is worth a read.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Scooby Eats should have the most disgusting greasy stoner grub imaginable like burgers with jalapeno poppers on them and french fries with gummi bears melted on top and that sort of Guy Fieri level of embarassing food, but it won't because Nathen is a bad businessman.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Big City Drinkin posted:

a Bugs Bunny restaurant:

the ain't this a stinker burger (mushrooms and onions)
the what's up dr pepper (barber of seville oranges at the bottom)
wabbit seasoning and duck seasoning
raw carrots for gnawing on snarkily (200% upcharge)

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Eldercain posted:

the ain't this a stinker burger (mushrooms and onions)
the what's up dr pepper (barber of seville oranges at the bottom)
wabbit seasoning and duck seasoning
raw carrots for gnawing on snarkily (200% upcharge)

Those all make too much sense for Nathen. It would have to be, like, the "Big Dog" Bugs Burger or something.

Or selling cakes and juices in all kinds of flavors except carrot.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Big pig trout roe cupcakes

Bugsachino (coffee with wad of rabbit fur + teeth at bottom)

Pizza shaped like Bugs and Taz rap pose in overalls/backwards hats on t shirt

Rabbit stew

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
OPEN MY BUGS BUNNY RESTAURANT YOU MOTHERFUCKER AAAAAAAAAHHH

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Big City Drinkin posted:

Big pig trout roe cupcakes

Bugsachino (coffee with wad of rabbit fur + teeth at bottom)

Pizza shaped like Bugs and Taz rap pose in overalls/backwards hats on t shirt

Rabbit stew

lol

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

uh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

august 6th huh

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Groceries not on Blockchain.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good on Nathen for doing the market research and realizing the massive failure was simply down to the wrong cartoon mascot.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good on Nathen for doing the market research and realizing the massive failure was simply down to the wrong cartoon mascot.

I need ten thousand dollars to open Goofus and Gallant Cheesesteaks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I need ten thousand dollars to open Goofus and Gallant Cheesesteaks.

Ralph Bakshi's Wizards Dinner & Live Show

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

What is happening?

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/ScoobyEatsNOW?s=12

I cant handle this

Lt. Cock fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 4, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Jimmy Savile Daycare Center

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The White Dragon posted:

Heavy Metal: Titties, Beer and Raw Meat

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Lt. Cock posted:

What is happening?

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/ScoobyEatsNOW?s=12

I cant handle this

LOL this loving Twitter

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Every one of those items is one I figured wed see from ScoobyEats. Nathen.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
What a bizarre and arbitrary list of items. Is this some kind of joke? Scooby Doo cooking spray IMMEDIATELY please?

Edit: I am so loving confused. Is he delivering groceries or is he literally manufacturing groceries and then delivering them?

quote:

The paper is inorganic groceries not on blockchain unlike The healthy #organic groceries at ScoobEATS NOW!

Oh poo poo, now I get it. It all makes sense now.

Edit: Oh forgot to mention I haven't been refunded for my lasagna that never shipped. I'm gonna give it until Monday and then I'm gonna file a dispute.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 4, 2020

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
hahahaahha I tried to hold it in but literally busted out laughing at "Scooby Doo Bag of Apples," it has no basis in any known reality and it is so amazing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My guess is it's a parody account from someone who was a big fan of GarfieldEats and Nathen's particular brand of insanity, and it just so happened they nailed Nathen's next business venture after COVID and landmonsters killed the restaurant industry.

Then again it could be Nathen and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

e: Made the same time ScoobyEats was revealed, so probably just a parody account that nails Nathen's manner of insane promotion and nonsensical buzzwords. Props to whoever pulled it off!

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 4, 2020

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
man i dunno, it follows an awful lot of like canada startup and innovation accounts + random celebrities which seems weird for a parody account. i think it might actually be him.

interestingly the scoobyeats domains uses WB nameservers

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/scoobyeats/status/1334358548776689664?s=21

This seems more like it's legit

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
MarkovEATS

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dwaynejohnsonEATS

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

We need a whole Nathen Mazri expanded RU (restaurant universe)

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

If this is truly happening, he got extra screwed by timing and Covid since WB/HB made 2020 the year of the "Scoob!" movie, which was also meant to be the start of an HB cinematic universe for their long-dormant adventure characters that most millennials know best from their spoofs on Harvey Birdman.

everdave posted:

i am just astounded this whole garfield pizza and coffee shop existed. who wants coffee with pizza?

Well it wasn't that long ago that a nutritionist declared that pizza was a better breakfast food than cereal, so...even an overweight, sweet tooth lovin' lunkhead like me knows that it's not a good idea to wash down your breakfast with an ice cold Pepsi (but I still do it a bit too often).

Hands up, who else had to read this multiple times before they started to get the message it was trying to convey?

deedee megadoodoo posted:

We need a whole Nathen Mazri expanded RU (restaurant universe)

You say that and it reminds me of the Jughead's Diner comic series that Archie published when I was a kid where the premise was that Forsythe wakes up in an alternate universe town of Dinersville, where the economy is 100% based on...all the diner restaurants, everywhere. And none of the other Archie cast were around, just a bunch of "wacky" new characters. And since Nathen is practically a cartoon caricature of a businessman himself (much like, and yet different from Donald Trump) so maybe his true calling is actually by creating his own extended cartoon cast and making his restaurants be more akin to a real life Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 4, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I would like the bugs ears croissants with a side of space jam and Lola honey

Voltek
Apr 19, 2013
This whole thing still seems so surreal to me, and I followed the Doobie's saga all the way from when goons posted the original Kickstarter pitch.

Like, I still can't process that some failson decided to make a Garfield themed restaurant alongside an app with the totally inspired name of 'GarfieldEATS'.

He decided that the tagline for this endeavour should be 'Love Me, Feed Me, Don't Leave Me', because that makes sense and is totally something related to the Garfield comic.

His next project is apparently 'ScoobyEATS'. This is supposedly a real thing you can eventually order food through.

I think it's funny, or confusing, I dunno? Is this what entergagement feels like?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Scoob sniffing a butthole, seems legit to me!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I love that he dumped the Garfield brand immediately

I thought he was a weird guy who liked Garfield. But no, he literally bought the rights to Garfield because he thought it was a good business decision

Lmao

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

If he couldn't take care of the cat he's in for a big shock with a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The White Dragon posted:

Make it Fritz the Cat and we're in business.