Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I nodded at each of those, they were all good features. That's actually like 35 fates for me which is kind of crazy, 40 with minimal investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

vandiar posted:

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7170

Biggest thing there:

After the developers let us have one final peek at their notebooks, it turns out that in Version 1.2, Travelers will be rewarded with 1 Acquaint Fate each time they ascend a character at level 20, 50, or 70!
And for any previous characters that Travelers have ascended, you can claim the Acquaint Fate rewards from the Ascension Materials Preview screen.

Time to add to your debate club collections everybody!

Edit: EFB

Q4: I wish I could repeat a Domain without having to leave and re-enter.
A4: In Version 1.2, Travelers will be able to choose to repeat a Domain challenge from inside the Domain. No more leaving and re-entering!

That one is nice also.

Oh no poo poo? That's baller as gently caress

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
drat, that leak was true then. People were saying that was the most unbelievable part of it.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Twenty free pulls is great in my book, since I'm sixty-odd pulls towards standard banner pity already. Being able to look up dialogue from the main storyline will be interesting, too.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Oh sweet, dialog autoplay. Now I'll actually listen to the voiced lines. Gotta get me more of that Paimon snark.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

it picked all the good stats as secondary stats so none of them could be mainstat

Oh so that’s how it works, good to know.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Mailer posted:

Oh sweet, dialog autoplay. Now I'll actually listen to the voiced lines. Gotta get me more of that Paimon snark.

Paimon's lines didn't work during Zhongli's quest and I was very sad about it. Primo plz Mihoyo

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh so that’s how it works, good to know.

we dont actually know how it works

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Indecisive posted:

we dont actually know how it works

I'm pretty sure those were both jokes

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Man Gacha Gamer's videos are all clickbait nonsense now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Every video that isn't about Chongyun being the best character in the game is clickbait.

Yes I'm 500% on board the popsicle train now I'm sorry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Every video that isn't about Chongyun being the best character in the game is clickbait.

Never apologize for our young Yu-Gi-Oh playing exorcist, he is a good boy

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You'll be happy because his video is about how Chongyun is the best character in the game! It's also about how Razor is the best character in the game and Xinyan is also the best character in the game.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure those were both jokes

Not entirely, if a stat is the main stat you can't also get it as a substat.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

dogsicle posted:

new developer Q&A post is up: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7170

lots of minor QoL stuff and new systems like friend chat and dialogue record for quests/cutscenes. also raising a character to 20/50/70 will give you a white fate each time, so every character pays you back 3 standard rolls with investment.

//The developers have improved the Domain and Ley Line Outcrop rewards system. From Version 1.2, you won't have to collect the drops yourself because they'll be added straight to your Inventory.//

A pretty good idea, I haven't seen it myself but apparently there have been some instances of Venti players using his ult to yeet other players rewards off the arena. This will prevent that.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So I'm guessing it's absolutely worth getting all of your characters ascended at least once for the rolls then? It's a bunch of XP books, but not THAT many for what is likely going to be 10+ rolls for folks.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Chong seemed super fun in his test run but the gacha gods seem to have cursed me with never pulling a cryo character so alas I will forever be popsicle-less.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Saxophone posted:

So I'm guessing it's absolutely worth getting all of your characters ascended at least once for the rolls then? It's a bunch of XP books, but not THAT many for what is likely going to be 10+ rolls for folks.

at least 20 for sure, and 50 in most cases. 70 probably still not recommended for most chars i would say

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The worst part about having alternate teams that I want to play with is running through the world reminds you that you're a slow midget.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I want to like Ganyu but it's annoying to play a charge shot reliant character when mihoyo hosed up vertical sensitivity on pc.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

moush posted:

I want to like Ganyu but it's annoying to play a charge shot reliant character when mihoyo hosed up vertical sensitivity on pc.

With a controller? I've been using reWASD to remap my controller inputs to keyboard bindings and it has mouse sensitivity options by axis. It takes some getting used to because you don't have the shortcut wheel that you have with the controller, but honestly there is so much more potential with it that it's worth it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Man, Xinyan's burst is really satisfying to hit. I'm sure having the SSB perfect hit sound effect helps with that.

https://i.imgur.com/TFrFJ8T.mp4
This lvl 70 against lvl 81, and only talent lvl 5. I'd like to see it at max with a physical DMG goblet! And maybe 2-Noblesse/2-Bloodstained!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

They've been pretty on the ball with QoL considering the game hasn't even been out for two months yet

It's very encouraging

Buff Lumine Pls

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I want Jean because my favorite special move is throwing fatui agents in water. Anemo traveler ftw

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m the mihoyo website, asking you to reorient your device ityool 2020

Maybe they can also tell us which resolution to run our browsers at

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

gandlethorpe posted:

Man, Xinyan's burst is really satisfying to hit. I'm sure having the SSB perfect hit sound effect helps with that.
This lvl 70 against lvl 81, and only talent lvl 5. I'd like to see it at max with a physical DMG goblet! And maybe 2-Noblesse/2-Bloodstained!

How do you make every character look like so much fun, it's unfair.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/TFrFJ8T.mp4

I have pulled 8 Chong's off of this banner and not a single Xinyan.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Luckily I already had a maxed Chong so was ahead of the fun curve.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm starting to understand that I was blessed with a really solid set of Gladiator's pieces:

Add Serpent Spine to that and I have a 60% CRIT Rate, 140% CRIT DMG, and +30% DMG transferrable to any claymore user.

I'm actually not even sure if whatever Cryo set they end up releasing will be worth changing to.

S.J. posted:

I have pulled 8 Chong's off of this banner and not a single Xinyan.

I mean, I'd trade you in a heartbeat, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how fun she is.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm starting to understand that I was blessed with a really solid set of Gladiator's pieces:

Add Serpent Spine to that and I have a 60% CRIT Rate, 140% CRIT DMG, and +30% DMG transferrable to any claymore user.

I'm actually not even sure if whatever Cryo set they end up releasing will be worth changing to.

I mean, I'd trade you in a heartbeat, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how fun she is.

I already had C2 Chong. I love the boy, but I love Rock and Roll more :smith:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

S.J. posted:

I already had C2 Chong. I love the boy, but I love Rock and Roll more :smith:

If it helps, she has perhaps the most awkward feeling claymore chain in the game and an annoying as gently caress drum that constantly makes noise as you run and glide around.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

If it helps, she has perhaps the most awkward feeling claymore chain in the game and an annoying as gently caress drum that constantly makes noise as you run and glide around.

I'm not gonna use her as a carry, probably, so that's fine. Also I guess a lot of people were annoyed by Xiangling's bell but I never noticed it :shrug:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

They nerfed the hell out of Xiangling's bell in 1.1 to be fair. But running around with Xinyan I have never even noticed the drum so.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

S.J. posted:

I'm not gonna use her as a carry, probably, so that's fine. Also I guess a lot of people were annoyed by Xiangling's bell but I never noticed it :shrug:

Yeah, I guess these are more problems if you want to main her. Well, I'll pray to the twink and husbando gods that our character pulling luck starts to switch.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

They nerfed the hell out of Xiangling's bell in 1.1 to be fair. But running around with Xinyan I have never even noticed the drum so.

Really? I never noticed Xiangling's bell much less had a problem, but the drum I noticed immediately.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The curse of the bell was you never noticed it until you read about it elsewhere.

Childe’s dialogue lines when double dashing suck even more. Wish they could be muted.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Ashenai posted:

Nothing to regret, sometimes you need to get a non-banner pull out of the way. You next 5* is guaranteed to be on-banner, so pick them wisely!

Sure, but couldn't it have been Qiqi, or Mona, or Jean, or Keqing instead? :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I definitely did notice Xinyan's drums and I'm sad that she doesn't have a cool attack chain. I'm just using her as a support though so it'll only annoy me when I go mining.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I immediately noticed Xinyan's drums and I love them, it's like a little rythm section accompaniment to her hopping around and kicking rear end. Better than Kaeya's goddamn dash line. The hurry is that I want to avoid that attack, bozo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I got Zhongli and Xinyan and then Xinyan and Razor while rolling. That pretty much drained all of my rolls for this month. I'm hoping that after all the free ones and more scraping by with the single rolls will give me enough to hopefully get Chongyun. I've gotten everyone except him so far after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I had to do it once and now its doing it again. I feel horrible calling the bank because its in spanish and mihoyo is literally "my hole" and they think I'm pranking them

I wonder if buying the primos from the playstore bypasses the problem

I first read this as Mihoyo is a hole that you shovel money into endlessly.

No just a great double (triple?) entendre.