Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

can we have monty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

but fat bottom tires make the world go round

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/A_Dixie_Girl/status/1332490347851747329

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Kesper North posted:

but fat bottom tires make the world go round

fat tire isn't bad but i still have about a 1/4 of a case of sam adams to finish from halloween...

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kesper North posted:

And yet I have debilitating injuries that result from a series of collisions I received from bike couriers bombing down the street and running me over, so please don't minimize it too much. Now me, I don't drive, much - in fact, I mostly ride public transportation or walk. Yet I've never been hit by a car, but two cyclists have sent me to the hospital as a pedestrian. They hit-and-ran, too - hopped right on their bikes and pedaled off, and I was too injured to get up without assistance. Real fine examples of humanity.

The only guy to actually hit me and then proceed to leap out of his vehicle and try to beat me up with a collapsing steel baton was driving a car, though, so there does seem to be a scale involved.

I think the answer is y'all both of you need to walk more.

drat if only they'd hit you with a truck instead of a bike we wouldn't have to hear you whining

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

PookBear posted:

drat if only they'd hit you with a truck instead of a bike we wouldn't have to hear you whining

gently caress you

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

PookBear posted:

what

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/michaelsluciano/status/1334684164554018816?s=19

USA USA USA USA USA

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

And Ted Cruz said that after Biden wins, nobody will talk about the virus any more.
And none of this matters because we're in a post-factual society.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

All these scumfucks need to be jailed for murder and incitement of violence but they never will be.

And this woman right here ran as a Democrat in the primaries. Get the gently caress out of here.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 4, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm not really convinced that the ongoing wingnutathon is going to actually hurt Republicans in the Georgia doublerunoff.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1334693736916377602

But I could be convinced.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

I'm not really convinced that the ongoing wingnutathon is going to actually hurt Republicans in the Georgia doublerunoff.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1334693736916377602

But I could be convinced.

I am thoroughly enjoying watching the gop tear itself apart over Donald loving Trump.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Libertarian ideology is all about transferring their individual failure to lead a polygamist sex cult onto the perfidious interference of Big Government instead of their personal black hole of charisma.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

All these scumfucks need to be jailed for murder and incitement of violence but they never will be.

And this woman right here ran as a Democrat in the primaries. Get the gently caress out of here.

CSPAM may have gotten a lot of things wrong this cycle presidential election repetitive timespan but Tulsi's love of authoritarian strongmen was not one of them

e: woops touched the forbidden topic

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 4, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

For the record Dr. Doom is a loving god tier genius who is pretty much the intelligence GOAT of marvel along with Tony Stark and Reed Richards.

Dr. Doom also deeply gave a poo poo about the people in his country of Latveria. You hosed with them you dead.

Yeah he was also a power mad lunatic, but man found a way to save Earth in the collapse of the multiverse.

Yes I’m clearly a loving dork with comic books and Dr. Doom fanboy...but holy poo poo Dr. Doom would be awesome to have compared to Trump.

Oppressive and repressive yeah, but I mean one thing of interest is the people on Latveria are legit cool with it, cause no one fucks with Doctor Doom and they have a really good standard of living. Doom would have cured the drat thing himself. Honestly his greatest enemy is probably himself.

Yeah....I’ve only had 4 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours...but my point is still valid... about a fictional on comic book character.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 4, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
OH god please get the thread back on bikes hurry

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Milo and POTUS posted:

OH god please get the thread back on bikes hurry

Bicycles are cool, imo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PookBear posted:

it would have put the "splash" in "splash one", i tell u what

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Woofer posted:

cars don't go to hospitals and this is something a lot of pedestrians and cyclists need to take to heart
That our society places so much of the burden of not getting murdered on the more vulnerable party rather than the dumbass mishandling a multi-ton block of metal explains a lot about why there are still so many deaths. Too many people are willing to turn a blind eye to blatantly dangerous behavior from drivers and just write off the deaths as an acceptable status quo.

One of the reasons some of y'all have folks to complain about it because our car culture often scares off all but the most determined. Like, I've witnessed a nutjob in an SUV pull up alongside a family out for a ride in a bike lane to scream at the parents for "endangering their children" by daring take their rightful place on our roads. Car-induced sociopathy is treated as so normal that folks just laugh off behavior that, in a different context, would be treated as a huge red flag.

To be clear, this isn't bike chat, this is car chat :shrug:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Stop driving this conversation to places we don’t want to go, all you cycle-paths!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

For the record Dr. Doom is a loving god tier genius who is pretty much the intelligence GOAT of marvel along with Tony Stark and Reed Richards.

Dr. Doom also deeply gave a poo poo about the people in his country of Latveria. You hosed with them you dead.

Yeah he was also a power mad lunatic, but man found a way to save Earth in the collapse of the multiverse.

Yes I’m clearly a loving dork with comic books and Dr. Doom fanboy...but holy poo poo Dr. Doom would be awesome to have compared to Trump.

Oppressive and repressive yeah, but I mean one thing of interest is the people on Latveria are legit cool with it, cause no one fucks with Doctor Doom and they have a really good standard of living. Doom would have cured the drat thing himself. Honestly his greatest enemy is probably himself.

Yeah....I’ve only had 4 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours...but my point is still valid... about a fictional on comic book character.

Doctor Victor Von Doom is cool and good.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cugel the Clever posted:

Car-induced sociopathy is treated as so normal

Even cat-induced sociopathy has been studied more!
https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/biology.html

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

MazelTovCocktail posted:

She wasn’t referencing the comic book character, my dude, but agreed on Victor on all counts.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I don't know much about them historically but from looking around the last few years I've come to the conclusion that libertarians are Republicans that want feudalism instead of fascism because they're convinced their innate superiority will make them one of the lords not a serf.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I am going to drive down Kinnickinnic avenue with both doors open to clothesline every bicyclist I see and then I’m going to slash all the tires of the people paying $36 for a hot dog at Vanguard or going bowling in a loving pandemic

Take the bus

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Trump goes into hibernation and isn't making GBS threads himself hourly and now you nerds can barely function without your schadenfreude drip.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Icon Of Sin posted:

Stop driving this conversation to places we don’t want to go, all you cycle-paths!

Pedalphiles*

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

lightpole posted:

Trump goes into hibernation and isn't making GBS threads himself hourly and now you nerds can barely function without your schadenfreude drip.

And?

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
Sometimes I lose track of which thread I’m in, and it wasn’t until I tabbed back a page that I realized this was GiP CE and not USPOL. Bicycles wtf.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PookBear posted:

Either gently caress off with this bullshit or gently caress off out of GIP. Your choice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Speaking of open carry and bicycles,

All Bicyclists Are Cops?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Kesper North posted:

Even cat-induced sociopathy has been studied more!
https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/biology.html
Trina can confirm: All Cats Are Bastards

Yet somehow still deserve belly rubs

For actual current events, California is heading back toward lockdowns which will undoubtedly continue to be wildly flaunted even as the country experiences a 9/11 every day for the next few months. If you don't already have a few months worth of essentials, you've probably already missed your window to get stuff while the stores aren't crazy.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1334735444827910144

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

can we have monty

How about this one,

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MONTY!!!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
thomb iz hiding X mark for DOGE pls give to doge ty

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Woofer posted:

I always thought libertarian had more in common with anarchists than either of our two major parties.

E: I guess based on the definitions. In 2020 I just see libertarians as republicans who wanna smoke weed, like someone said earlier.

my experience with Libertarians is they are by and large gun and drug loving, conspiracy theorists mediocre White Men of working class who see taxes, regulation, and "Big Govt" as the sole reason why they are not successful. And *literally everything* sinister that happens involving the rich/elite is orchestrated by Limousine Liberals and George Soros...and any Leftist movement is orchestrated by a cabal of Jewish Backers (including George Soros) to create full communism NOW.

Yet they saw Trump ( a rich elite with ties to sinister happenings) as necessary in fighting the Democrats/Soros/China/Communism/BLM/Antifa.

Motherfuckers had no problems with the Nazis or Police brutality against Minorities.

yes, I have grown to hate them more than Republicans.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Man the states are so hosed I’d extend again if I could. Won’t have to return to work until April so hopefully things simmer the gently caress down.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Cugel the Clever posted:

If you don't already have a few months worth of essentials, you've probably already missed your window to get stuff while the stores aren't crazy.

Hoping this won't be the case, or at least it'll be better handled than last time. Absolutely baseless optimism, of course, but one can hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

Hoping this won't be the case, or at least it'll be better handled than last time. Absolutely baseless optimism, of course, but one can hope.

I think everyone who didn’t hoard in the spring is going to remember the shortages, and I also believe that means infinite demand for those same goods. There were a lot of items that never came back into stock for any appreciable amount of time over the summer and fall.