Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

ArfJason posted:

the amount of resources in this thread is fantastic! Here's my little contribution:

Consider building a small stand out of wood (you can easily find thrown away crates to salvage wood, or in a pinch, use your computer desk or family's furniture), then put it on the sidewalk. The next part is the tricky one; get some lemons, a juicer, some water, sugar and ice (you will need to have some accumulated capital in the form of a fridge for this one unfortunately) and mix all of that with some squeezed lemon juice. Afterwards, write a giant 25 CENTS sign and hang it off the front of the stand. Congratulations! Now you'll be able to, after enough time, afford Mario Kart all on your own. but more importantly, cspam will learn the true value of the dollar.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Garbage probation.

Useless class-illiterate cosplayer “I’ll set up the wiki/twitch stream!” trash

Disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Fortaleza posted:

Garbage probation.

Useless class-illiterate cosplayer “I’ll set up the wiki/twitch stream!” trash

Disgusting

Seems like a vendetta ik style probe but it's from a mod lol hosed up

Anyways I don't feel good trolling in this thread so I will leave now. Be well

Smythe has issued a correction as of 08:46 on Dec 4, 2020

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its illegal to be funny in this forum if you're actually good at being funny, apparently. Maybe we should take a step back and not have 15 mods with brain chemical imbalances.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish posted:

Maybe we should take a step back and not have 15 mods with brain chemical imbalances.
i don't think you understand being a forums moderator

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Its illegal to be funny in this forum if you're actually good at being funny, apparently. Maybe we should take a step back and not have 15 mods with brain chemical imbalances.

Nah, vast majority of those listed goobers are alright and doing their best. IK’ing threads chock-full of dumbass internet-only cracker leftists with more free time than conviction, don’t envy them at all.

This is fuckin’ crap though

Forums are for goofing off, people that take it seriously enough to use that as an excuse to snuff out it’s reason to exist can gently caress the gently caress off

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think that the ultra autism megathreads that get a billion pointless posts a day are bad and should go back to GBS where that type of thing is welcomed, actually. Or just get banished to the crew chat forum, because that's what they are. You may notice that I dont post in most of those unless it's to randomly call someone a slur because I got linked to a particularly bad post. That's because they're not funny, serve no particular purpose, and engender no discussion. Then we wont need the 45 IKs, most of which I've never seen post here which kind of says it all really.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Are you guys getting paid to post about posting or something? Shut the gently caress up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh forgive me. Please let's post more about working 8 hour days to pull in $30 or whatever and calling it a victory because I never had to get off my fat rear end.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
I'm glad that so many of the posters in this thread still live comfortably enough to look down their nose on people who are forced to do work for far less than they deserve to make ends meet.

The U.S. had at least 11 million unemployed people as of October (true number is higher of course, although I don't know how much). I'm sure they'll all be very glad to hear that, much like covid, unemployment is over. Jobs that pay a living wage are simply falling from the sky in every corner of the country, all they need to do is go find a fast food manager's hand and shake it.

On a related note, I wonder how many of those widely available service sector jobs are sudden vacancies left behind by previous employees who are now too sick or dead to work. Oh well, probably nothing to worry about.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i will take cash $$$$ 4 probes

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

Are you guys getting paid to post about posting or something? Shut the gently caress up

It’s ok to complain about bad forums decisions when they happen, why on earth wouldn’t they be?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

snake and bake posted:

I'm glad that so many of the posters in this thread still live comfortably enough to look down their nose on people who are forced to do work for far less than they deserve to make ends meet.

The U.S. had at least 11 million unemployed people as of October (true number is higher of course, although I don't know how much). I'm sure they'll all be very glad to hear that, much like covid, unemployment is over. Jobs that pay a living wage are simply falling from the sky in every corner of the country, all they need to do is go find a fast food manager's hand and shake it.

On a related note, I wonder how many of those widely available service sector jobs are sudden vacancies left behind by previous employees who are now too sick or dead to work. Oh well, probably nothing to worry about.

this holier-than-thou crap can gently caress right off

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have used things like are posted in this thread in desperate times and may use some of them again.

If you don't like them just don't use them.

If you think everyone can just go out and get something better then you clearly don't understand the situation

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what's with all the yads and pathetic yad wannabes melting down ITT

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fortaleza posted:

It’s ok to complain about bad forums decisions when they happen, why on earth wouldn’t they be?

please post in QCS, thanks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
to contribute:
the only site I've used to get jobs from the internet is ratracerebellion.com, it's a blogger couple that trawls for remote positions from real companies

there is 100% remote work out there that's not horrible and pays decently (benefits vary, PTO varies) but you're gonna be taking YOU GUESSED IT inbound phone calls

if you have call center experience, you can find real no poo poo work 100% online

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

smarxist posted:

what's with all the yads and pathetic yad wannabes melting down ITT

did you ever make any money off that offsite you tried to run off to before the cabal of sex pest admins deposed you?

if so, can we get “start a failed forums schism” added to the OP?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Slanderer posted:

did you ever make any money off that offsite you tried to run off to before the cabal of sex pest admins deposed you?

if so, can we get “start a failed forums schism” added to the OP?

the point wasn't to make money, but nice reach my dude, you're definitely not the least known/likeable person in this forum lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: NM

anyway, nother cool derail by aggro assholes from the chill forum of psychotic grudges

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

smarxist posted:

please post in QCS, thanks

Suck the corn kernels from my poo poo logs my good bitch.

Slanderer is a lovely poster & lefist and your sincere post here is legit and good, doesn’t mean my complaint ain’t.

Harumph

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
nice meltdown

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
It's funny how many posters in this thread don't understand that people do gig economy poo poo because the jobs that are used to be readily available don't loving pay enough.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

snake and bake posted:

i make a dollar above minimum wage you gently caress

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smarxist posted:

to contribute:
the only site I've used to get jobs from the internet is ratracerebellion.com, it's a blogger couple that trawls for remote positions from real companies

there is 100% remote work out there that's not horrible and pays decently (benefits vary, PTO varies) but you're gonna be taking YOU GUESSED IT inbound phone calls

if you have call center experience, you can find real no poo poo work 100% online

... i actually put my two weeks in recently and am vaguely interested because technically if you squint a dispatcher is the same as taking inbound phone calls. on the other hand I absolutely loathe customer service calls when they dont perfectly follow the format of calling someone in the military. dont ask me how my day is you gently caress.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

i make a dollar above minimum wage you gently caress

a dollar above would be a kickass motto

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

smarxist posted:

to contribute:

Sweet, thanks. that looks like a good tip. I'll check it out more tomorrow after I get some sleep and get it in the OP

louis friend
Oct 7, 2005
This seems like a sure way to make bank for a lot of people in here, maybe could be included in the Mental health resources thread
https://www.nami.org/Advocacy/Polic...nsurance-(SSDI)

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

the amount of resources in this thread is fantastic! Here's my little contribution:

Consider building a small stand out of wood (you can easily find thrown away crates to salvage wood, or in a pinch, use your computer desk or family's furniture), then put it on the sidewalk. The next part is the tricky one; get some lemons, a juicer, some water, sugar and ice (you will need to have some accumulated capital in the form of a fridge for this one unfortunately) and mix all of that with some squeezed lemon juice. Afterwards, write a giant 25 CENTS sign and hang it off the front of the stand. Congratulations! Now you'll be able to, after enough time, afford Mario Kart all on your own. but more importantly, cspam will learn the true value of the dollar.

we have finally discovered the objective labour theory of mario kart

avenge me, vendetta ik. the second c-spam fyad forums war is about to begin

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

louis friend posted:

This seems like a sure way to make bank for a lot of people in here, maybe could be included in the Mental health resources thread
https://www.nami.org/Advocacy/Polic...nsurance-(SSDI)

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would simply choose not to be poor.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fortaleza posted:

Nah, vast majority of those listed goobers are alright and doing their best. IK’ing threads chock-full of dumbass internet-only cracker leftists with more free time than conviction, don’t envy them at all.

This is fuckin’ crap though

Forums are for goofing off, people that take it seriously enough to use that as an excuse to snuff out it’s reason to exist can gently caress the gently caress off

oh word?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

smarxist posted:

the point wasn't to make money, but nice reach my dude, you're definitely not the least known/likeable person in this forum lol

how can one be both the least known and least likeable? you dumb

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

snake and bake posted:

This started as a "remote jobs only" list (because lol if you think I'm working a loving service sector job during a pandemic) but kind of sprawled out from that into a general "how to get money, even if you are desperate enough to risk getting covid for it"

I didn't expect anyone would come kramering in here to tell me to go get a minimum wage job at Yum! Corporation. Did you get lost on your way to D&D?

gently caress off

lol your op suggests working for some of the most predatory companies on the planet i'm not sure why you're thinking you have any moral high ground

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is there anywhere that will buy your bodily fluids at a premium if you survived covid?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

little munchkin posted:

lol your op suggests working for some of the most predatory companies on the planet i'm not sure why you're thinking you have any moral high ground

he had an indeed link so telling people to work for amazon and sell their bone marrow actually isnt offensive at all. fly away troll.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i will literally pay you to never post again because you suck so much at it

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

are there still opportunities gold farming in ultima online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can we return to the good old days where smarxist posted on the dumbass offsite discords and not here. im not about to be a coward and use my ignore list but lord I am being tested.