Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

vulvamancer posted:

I mean, the mods on here are incredibly stupid - am I allowed to say that or is that verboten now as well? - which is worth mentioning. OTOH I've been backed into agreeing with gooseposters which is even more distasteful. Thanks.

I've seen so many people get banned on here for saying things which offends no one but one moderator has taken offence on behalf of someone else. Reddit isn't even as woke as SA.

Like moderators banning anyone using the term 'retard' in most cases is just an abuse of power. One dictionary definition of retard is a stupid person. Maybe mods should ban us calling each other stupid as well.

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Ban all D Name posters and also that one weirdo on reddit who's decided to steal part of my reddit username for reasons it's genuinely weird poo poo

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Reddit should be deleted and banned as a whole in my humble opinion.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

West007 posted:

:emptyquote:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

West007 posted:

Reddit, twitter, Facebook, TikTok, SA should all be banned

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you know, the guy i keep telling to get out

atsa pretty long fukkin' list of names to choose from, could ya be a little more specific

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DGC773 posted:

I've seen so many people get banned on here for saying things which offends no one but one moderator has taken offence on behalf of someone else. Reddit isn't even as woke as SA.

Like moderators banning anyone using the term 'retard' in most cases is just an abuse of power. One dictionary definition of retard is a stupid person. Maybe mods should ban us calling each other stupid as well.

You're really going to die on this hill, aren't you.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

orange juche posted:

It's because they can't use the n word, so now they're desperate not to lose this one too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

DGC773 posted:

Reddit really is more your cup of tea, you should just stay there

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

mehall posted:

It's because they can't use the n word, so now they're desperate not to lose this one too.

What on earth are you taking about? Racism should not be tolerated anywhere.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I'm going to point out that my mentioning of not being in any of the Goonswarm corps, followed by someone's kinda invitation to sign up (Theta?) then the sudden outbreak of 3 pages of BS isn't really very encouraging.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

orange juche posted:

He knows they're losing the war (and never going to make any progress to glass 1DQ) so he wants to get banned so he can avoid the mockery when his "swinging dick anaconda coalition" heads home with nothing.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

angry armadillo posted:

I'm going to point out that my mentioning of not being in any of the Goonswarm corps, followed by someone's kinda invitation to sign up (Theta?) then the sudden outbreak of 3 pages of BS isn't really very encouraging.

So you're saying this is all your fault? :colbert:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

He knows they're losing the war (and never going to make any progress to glass 1DQ) so he wants to get banned so he can avoid the mockery when his "swinging dick anaconda coalition" heads home with nothing.

1. zero evidence that PAPI is losing the war. “Not winning fast enough” =\= losing
2. 1DQ will be getting glassed. We just want you to have to spend cores on everything first and sell war bonds to do it.
3. Goons are too scared to do any defending outside playing ceptorfleet online. Goons could have easily dropped their entire super cap fleet on T5zi keepstar when it was anchoring but you didn’t.
4. Slow, smart, methodical. Feb 2021 victory parade is in the diary.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So you're saying this is all your fault? :colbert:

If you want, sure.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

DGC773 posted:

What on earth are you taking about? Racism should not be tolerated anywhere.

But pedophiliaephepbobiliaiaia and Nazisfree speech is fine right.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

But pedophiliaephepbobiliaiaia and Nazisfree speech is fine right.

Excuse me sir this is an eve online thread. Can we stop this reeeing now

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Congrats to our enemies for forming up 4 fleets of dudes to accomplish their strategic goal of reinforcing the 1dq jump bridge and running away

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
It's funny watching all the chuds come out of the woodwork as soon as someone gets a probation for being a chud. Wibla who do I ping if it's a FC rolling out the slurs?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Solus posted:

Congrats to our enemies for forming up 4 fleets of dudes to accomplish their strategic goal of reinforcing the 1dq jump bridge and running away

You will have noticed that anytimePAPI jump actual fleets into 1DQ is always at the end of a strat op which ended early. It happens daily. We reinforce a structure in 20 mins then decide to jump into 1DQ to see what happens. Reinforcing the bridge is a bonus

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Man thats weird that you say that considering I can see every reinforcement attempt on our structures and the last 3 times they've swung for our jb/jammers when i've been around they haven't reffed anything for a while before that and we definitely don't see a slow spike in numbers as your fc's desperately hurf more dudes

Solus fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 4, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
lol at goose mccockinson calling out an entity for secluded individuals while residing in literal nazi filled shithole

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Could you snakemen please do your master plan soon? There are a bunch of Path of Exile challenges coming up for december and I want to get this "ultimate capitals showdown" out of the way.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
do not feed the goose.

mehall posted:

also, please do not compare an actual medical term for intellectual disability or deficiency with the n word. what the actual gently caress is wrong with your brain.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Baculus posted:

do not feed the goose.

also, please do not compare an actual medical term for intellectual disability or deficiency with the n word. what the actual gently caress is wrong with your brain.

I'm not going to start weighting slurs against each other. But isn't this being a medical term exactly the problem if it's used as an insult? Singling out people that actually have a disability as being inferior?

At least that's my understanding...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Malefitz posted:

I'm not going to start weighting slurs against each other. But isn't this being a medical term exactly the problem if it's used as an insult? Singling out people that actually have a disability as being inferior?

pretty much every way to say "this person is not intelligent" was a medical term at one point:

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

And the N- word just describes a color, words have context right?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Games › The MMO HMO › EVE 2020: Geese and Bleeps

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Malefitz posted:

And the N- word just describes a color, words have context right?

I'm not saying slurs are ok, I'm saying we should stop calling people idiots too.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
This is why we should just call people brainlets

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Solus posted:

Man thats weird that you say that considering I can see every reinforcement attempt on our structures and the last 3 times they've swung for our jb/jammers when i've been around they haven't reffed anything for a while before that and we definitely don't see a slow spike in numbers as your fc's desperately hurf more dudes

Well form up at 1900 and stop us taking a poo poo in your personal space tonight.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I'm saying we should stop calling people idiots too.

Okay I actually read your post. We will just use the terms imbecile and moron from now on.

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 4, 2020

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Rutibex posted:

I'm not saying slurs are ok, I'm saying we should stop calling people idiots too.

I see, didn't want to imply that.

I was often wondering why it was bad to call someone out if they had a diagnosed disability but not if they were just unintelligent by themselves.

But I have no clue what I'm talking about anyway so I should just shut up.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

DGC773 posted:

Okay I actually read your post. We will just use the terms imbecile and moron from now on.

An experiment of people being nice to each other to improve society?

And now gently caress off.

/s just in case

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Malefitz posted:

better never say the word moron again either if thats your logic

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Lol bye goose

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Malefitz posted:

Yup.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

we can just call it what it is - people don't like reading the words their playground bullies used to torment them 20 loving years ago

thats why we're going to compare actual hate speech to calling something/someone retarded

i got probed for calling my ship an a***** chariot, and it wasn't because I'm some ableist prick

know your audience now means anticipate the deeply seated psychological baggage of others

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

as a Reddit poster d-goose is probably more upset about what people say to him when he’s at the playground today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

evilweasel posted:

as a Reddit poster d-goose is probably more upset about what people say to him when he’s at the playground today

"hey you get away from those kids"