Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh

Make baked potatoes! Coat a couple potatoes in some kind of edible oil, then cover them in all the salt and pepper that will stick to them, and then bake them at 400 for 40-50 minutes. Poke them with a fork to make sure they're very soft in the middle and you're done!

Then you can cut them open and cover them in stuff like butter, cheese, sour cream or bacon! :yum:

Jinh fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Glutes Are Great posted:

hello byob I sent a lot of emails today and as a result I now have an oven

Now I need to find what to do with it
Get baked, of course.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Prof. Crocodile

Jinh posted:

Make baked potatoes! Coat a couple potatoes in some kind of edible oil, then cover them in all the salt and pepper that will stick to them, and then bake them at 400 for 40-50 minutes. Poke them with a fork to make sure they're very soft in the middle and you're done!

Then you can cut them open and cover them in stuff like butter, cheese, sour cream or bacon! :yum:

This is probably a good first recipe to get used to the oven. Escalating to cake or roast pizza pie might not be a good idea until you are comfortable with how the oven works.

Also potatoes are delish.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
GaG bake the whiteclaw

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Rarity posted:

GaG bake the whiteclawbread

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

ChubbyChecker

gag gets baked

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
GaG never put yourself inside the oven, under any circumstances

Jinh

Rarity posted:

GaG dont bake the whiteclaw

Goons Are Gifts

Rarity posted:

GaG bake the whiteclaw

i mean, im not sure it would get any worse

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Congratulations on your oven! You are now, by law, required to bake one (1) pretzel.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Jinh posted:

This is a good recommendation. Also 400 F = 204 C

pecan

tell me more about tis edible oil

Jinh

Barking Gecko posted:

This is a good recommendation. Also 400 F = 204 C

Oh yeah good call!! lol ty

pecan

Glutes Are Great posted:

dry ur laundry way faster

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Glutes Are Great posted:

Just use it as a light that also warms your apartment up. V. Good value imo

SIDS Vicious

i have never seen an oven with celcius here in Canada its the one thing we just don't use it on

RickRogers

GaG , you live near the Kölner Dom right? I think there is massive potential to operate a Weinachtsmarktbude from your window.

2 X Flammkuchen bitte!

Goons Are Gifts

Holy poo poo that's a great idea, just yesterday I saw a Weihnachtsmarktbüdchen next to a store and they were selling gebrannte Mandeln for 9 Euros per pack. NINE EUROS.

I could become the billionaire from the billionaire thread with this

Goons Are Gifts

I'll buy 19 cent per liter tetra pack wine and throw it in the oven to re-sell it as Glühwein for 6.99 per glass

Escape From Noise

GaG, does your oven have a pizza stone? If so, make pizza! Maybe even if not! Pizza is pretty easy imho, especially if you don't make your own sauce. The special ingredient is 00 flour. You're not far from Italy though, right?

Anyways, here's a good pizza dough recipe.

Goons Are Gifts

Extra 3 bucks for the glass, obviously

Goons Are Gifts

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

GaG, does your oven have a pizza stone? If so, make pizza! Maybe even if not! Pizza is pretty easy imho, especially if you don't make your own sauce. The special ingredient is 00 flour. You're not far from Italy though, right?

Anyways, here's a good pizza dough recipe.

I always wondered what tree pizza grows on, making this myself seems like a crazy idea to me

I mean I drank the Whitelaw I might as well try this

Escape From Noise

Glutes Are Great posted:

I always wondered what tree pizza grows on, making this myself seems like a crazy idea to me

I mean I drank the Whitelaw I might as well try this

I'm not great at baking, but there are only a few ingredients to worry about for the dough. It's just about proportions mostly.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Sauce is really easy too if you want something super simple just blend up a can of san marzano tomatoes

Finger Prince

I like watching My Name Is Andong on YouTube. He is German and does fun cooking stuff, and explains things really simply.
He did a flammkuchen episode recently and it looked really good and easy to do. Been meaning to try it.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Focaccia is really easy and doesn't involve a lot of the usual stress of bread-making. You can also put whatever you want on the top and it'll guaranteed look beautiful when it's done.

Also if you don't have a pizza stone a fun alternate way to cook pizza is in a cast-iron skillet. It becomes deep dish with really really wonderful and crispy tall sides. Here's a video of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt whispering and kind of mumbling because he's making it late at night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HukqEjCPkhU

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 4, 2020

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

alnilam

Glutes Are Great posted:

gebrannte Mandeln for 9 Euros per pack. NINE EUROS.

wow that's really... nuts :haw:

ty manifisto

Jinh

How Wonderful! posted:

Focaccia is really easy and doesn't involve a lot of the usual stress of bread-making. You can also put whatever you want on the top and it'll guaranteed look beautiful when it's done.

Also if you don't have a pizza stone a fun alternate way to cook pizza is in a cast-iron skillet. It becomes deep dish with really really wonderful and crispy tall sides. Here's a video of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt whispering and kind of mumbling because he's making it late at night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HukqEjCPkhU

I made this exact recipe a few weeks ago and want to report that it loving ruled.

3D Megadoodoo

I had some crisps yesterday that purported to taste like and somewhat resemble focaccia. They were fine except for the fact that the flavour was lime and something (I forget).

RickRogers

Glutes Are Great posted:

Extra 3 bucks for the glass, obviously

Escape From Noise

Lime and chili chips are my favorite and one of the few things I miss about New Mexico.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Hi

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Lime and chili chips are my favorite and one of the few things I miss about New Mexico.

I can probably make these happen just FYI.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I'm fulfilling my posting obligation.
Today is my birthday. :marc:
I'm celebrating by having an hour of physical therapy. :corsair:
I am taking the rest of the day off, though.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy Birthday Barking Gecko! :toot::neckbeard::supaburn:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Escape From Noise

Happy birthday! I hope you feel good!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1334925088760627201?s=20

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Jinh

Barking Gecko posted:

Have a wonderful birthday!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Barking Gecko posted:

Jinh posted:

Have a wonderful birthday!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Barking Gecko posted:

Herbie bertdrrt