Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Osmosisch posted:

I immediately noticed Xinyan's drums and I love them, it's like a little rythm section accompaniment to her hopping around and kicking rear end. Better than Kaeya's goddamn dash line. The hurry is that I want to avoid that attack, bozo.

See this is why I can't use Kaeya. The first time I'd hear that line I'd immediately switch him to walking mode and laugh as he eats dirt. That was the hurry idiot, any of that get through to you?

Tbf a lot of the dash quotes are annoying as gently caress (oh my god Venti shut up). Klee's is, of course, the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Diona is a bell haver and it constantly jiggles and Ganyu has a big old cows bell so lets see how that pans out

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 4, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ashenai posted:

See this is why I can't use Kaeya. The first time I'd hear that line I'd immediately switch him to walking mode and laugh as he eats dirt. That was the hurry idiot, any of that get through to you?

Tbf a lot of the dash quotes are annoying as gently caress (oh my god Venti shut up). Klee's is, of course, the best.

Childe's is bad because it can fire off fast enough that he can repeat it during a double dash.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gliding would be faster

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Welp. I've had stupid luck this banner. Managed to pull one of every character I didn't have (Chongyun, Xinyan then Zhongli). No dupes.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ashenai posted:

I hardly notice Klee's, which is a sign that it's a lot better than the others (which get annoying), yeah. Not actually saying anything probably helps a lot.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Reminder for the gliding challenge to click all 3 of the insignia's to get all of your prizes.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I pity you all for not feeling a bit better about the day every time you get the optimistic "Go, Barbara, Go!"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Venti's was terrible the first 100 times I heard it then I started to like it. Noelle's is my favorite overall.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I was hoping for geodaddy so I wouldn't have to listen to Noelle, then heard him in the Test Run :shepface:

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ruffian Price posted:

I was hoping for geodaddy so I wouldn't have to listen to Noelle, then heard him in the Test Run :shepface:

huah huah huah

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I think if the voice lines bothered me that much I would simply switch to a different language track. the only voice that irritates me in jp is keqings and I barely use her anyway

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
The Chinese voices have all been great in my experience. and since i don't speak Chinese i can't tell if they say annoying poo poo. it's a win/win

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really wish that there was like, a rotating expedition node per region that gave some character ascension materials. Would help make stuff like violetgrass and cor lapis or those mushrooms less of a pain to stockpile.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

The Chinese voices have all been great in my experience. and since i don't speak Chinese i can't tell if they say annoying poo poo. it's a win/win

I speak Cantonese and can understand like, some Mandarin and I really like the Chinese voices. Zhongli still sounds hot as gently caress and no one super annoys me. It's helping me brush up on my mandarin!!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Really wish that there was like, a rotating expedition node per region that gave some character ascension materials. Would help make stuff like violetgrass and cor lapis or those mushrooms less of a pain to stockpile.

I started a second account just to farm. Now I see how many glazed lilies NG needs, I need to get back on that.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I dont think Razor even has a sprinting line

Another reason he is the best boi

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I dont think Razor even has a sprinting line

Another reason he is the best boi

MC does’t either. When she spoke at the end of the geo quest line, I forgot she had a voice actor with lines.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

UltraRed posted:

Reminder for the gliding challenge to click all 3 of the insignia's to get all of your prizes.

Gliding challenge seems pretty basic so far, I hope it ramps up at least a little.

If you've done Dandy's gliding courses and know about strategically cutting your cord to hit a boost ring, you've got all the tools you need to ace this one.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
The free rolls from character levelling in 1.2 is nice but honestly the one that made me go "fuckin finally" was

quote:

Q4: I wish I could repeat a Domain without having to leave and re-enter.
A4: In Version 1.2, Travelers will be able to choose to repeat a Domain challenge from inside the Domain. No more leaving and re-entering!

Stanko-Prussian fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 4, 2020

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mailer posted:

I pity you all for not feeling a bit better about the day every time you get the optimistic "Go, Barbara, Go!"

I'm still waiting to try her new spicy energy drink!!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'm still waiting to try her new spicy energy drink!!

Make cream stew with her and pray?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Spent my 20 pulls for some razor consellations and my first ten pull had me joining the rainslasher club :hfive:

But I also got Zhongli in that ten pull when I was only 50 something pulls in and it wasn't a banner pity. I also just used the last of my exp books lol. So he'll warm the bench for a while.

I did get my razor consellation in my 2nd ten pull tho! All in all pretty happy with my haul.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I do not own a Qiqi, but I played with a couple during the last event.

And man, those dash lines are long.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Does anyone have Chongyun's C2 and Bennett at level 60+? I'm very curious how the 15% cooldown reduction combos with Bennett's ult reducing his ability cooldown too.

I've been pulling on the banner, but I haven't gotten Chongyun C2 yet.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
That’s why I use Mona for sprinting. No stupid voiceline and you go faster.

Only downside is it makes me have to pee.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Is there a recommended team building resource? I'm AR28 now and kinda overwhelmed with all the options. So far I've been using Ningguang/Barbara/Fischl/Xianling but I don't really have many constellations (aside from the MC) or other characters otherwise. Or is this not something to worry about at this point yet?

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Whoreson Welles posted:

Plus she can hold the +10% move speed book!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Whoreson Welles posted:

Only downside is it makes me have to pee.

this is where I'd post my mona

IF I HAD ONE

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how are you supposed to fight those sonic the hedgehog bastards because it seems to be random whether you knock them on their back, or they tpk you in under a second

e: rolled a helmet with straight energy recharge

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 4, 2020

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

acumen posted:

Is there a recommended team building resource? I'm AR28 now and kinda overwhelmed with all the options. So far I've been using Ningguang/Barbara/Fischl/Xianling but I don't really have many constellations (aside from the MC) or other characters otherwise. Or is this not something to worry about at this point yet?

For normal world traveling, I think sweaty tryhard team synergies aren't really needed. Covering roles for exploration and running into random poo poo is more important. My only real suggestion is that if you have Diona, I'd use her over Barbara. Dealing with Fatui Hammer Bros is too much a pain in the rear end without Cryo. Unless Barbara on Thrilling Tales into Ningguang ult is enough burst to not have to deal with their shield.

For planning future Abyss comps, I think you're too far off for that. I don't think you really need to think about that until AR35 when you have to start questioning who to bring up to Ascension level 4.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

how are you supposed to fight those sonic the hedgehog bastards because it seems to be random whether you knock them on their back, or they tpk you in under a second

Save it for Ganyu! It will kick rear end!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

Does anyone have Chongyun's C2 and Bennett at level 60+? I'm very curious how the 15% cooldown reduction combos with Bennett's ult reducing his ability cooldown too.

I've been pulling on the banner, but I haven't gotten Chongyun C2 yet.

it just reduces the already reduced cooldown, same as Bennett's passives stack to give him a 2s CD within his burst. so Chongyun makes it 1.7s (negligible) but more notably makes it so you have almost no downtime between bursts (12.75s CD on 12s duration).

The White Dragon posted:

i'm fairly sure they only fall over from using one of their rarer moves. never had issues killing them though, their little breakdance spin is the move the most often catches me with a hit or two due to wide AOE but you get a lot of time to beat on them once they sit still to do their easily dodgeable claw attack.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

It might be a good idea to just compile a pack of helpful tips for fighting various dangerous enemies.

As for geovishap hatchlings, it’s been a while since I fought one but I think they have Geo armor you need to remove with bombs, Overload, or Zhongli before you can really lay into them...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

AweStriker posted:

As for geovishap hatchlings, it’s been a while since I fought one but I think they have Geo armor you need to remove with bombs, Overload, or Zhongli before you can really lay into them...

ah ok i better just lay into them with klee then, i was trying to knock it down with jean and razor

dogsicle posted:

i'm fairly sure they only fall over from using one of their rarer moves. never had issues killing them though, their little breakdance spin is the move the most often catches me with a hit or two due to wide AOE but you get a lot of time to beat on them once they sit still to do their easily dodgeable claw attack.

the one in abyss is giving me problems not with the spin attack but with the weird earth shake poo poo, because it's so huge it takes two sprints to escape the aoe, and it doesn't even have to be standing still to use it. or even alive at all

No Wave posted:

Save it for Ganyu! It will kick rear end!

maybe i can pull ganyu but right now it is on Diona for constant melt/superconduct aoe zones

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The White Dragon posted:

Pick up the crystals they drop, I think the shield from those will block all/most of their damage when they roll into you and send them onto their backs instead. Not sure if other shields can do it too or not, haven't really tested it. Might be a correlation/causation thing and it's what the others are saying instead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm in the position where I'm happy with my artifacts but I'm short a few million artifact XP (and I do routes every day!). I guess I just dump resin into the noblesse domain? Going for 4 piece crimson witch seems like a total scam given that I only want crit damage on the helmet/pyro on the goblet and trying to beat those odds is just stupid.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Trihugger posted:

For normal world traveling, I think sweaty tryhard team synergies aren't really needed. Covering roles for exploration and running into random poo poo is more important. My only real suggestion is that if you have Diona, I'd use her over Barbara. Dealing with Fatui Hammer Bros is too much a pain in the rear end without Cryo. Unless Barbara on Thrilling Tales into Ningguang ult is enough burst to not have to deal with their shield.

For planning future Abyss comps, I think you're too far off for that. I don't think you really need to think about that until AR35 when you have to start questioning who to bring up to Ascension level 4.

I do have Diona! I also have Chongyun, should I be using him with Diona instead of Barbara/Ning for the dual-cryo combo?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Yeah if you read the tutorial entry for the geovishaps, it tells you that they will flip over if they hit you when you have a geo shield on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Oceanbound posted:

Yeah if you read the tutorial entry for the geovishaps, it tells you that they will flip over if they hit you when you have a geo shield on.

Only if they hit you with one particular attack (rolling straight into you). Most often they just teleport away and roll around in a pattern and getting hit by THAT or any other move (spin, melee attack) doesn't cause them to get stunned. The real answer is to just reaction burst them to death because they only have Phys and Geo resist.