Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kvlt! posted:

Kiss doesn't claim to be anything close to metal. Its the elitist metalheads who think theyre too cool to enjoy some poppy hard rock and a fun show. Metalheads are the biggest posers.

Ghost are the best metal band in years, and it drives metalheads mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I feel like this new page is the perfect opportunity to remind everyone that KISS have their own arena football team in Los Angeles, the LA KISS:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I do a bit of pro-wrestling and would gladly be part of this wrestlehorror movie you guys are planning.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This movie already exists anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiF3BRRiZgg

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

I feel like this new page is the perfect opportunity to remind everyone that KISS have their own arena football team in Los Angeles, the LA KISS:

Kiss La Kiss

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LA poo poo

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

KISS are funny, Gene Simmons sucks. Who cares. Let's talk about the new movie Freaky, which is a very silly fun time.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
My god I finally saw Lost Boys (it's on Shudder) and there's insane sex energy radiating from this movie. They gave Batman to Joel Schumacher and then complained about the sex energy, what were they expecting?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

:spooky: Sunday Chill Stream - Friendship is Magic :spooky:
:rip: Only on the CineD Discord :rip:

Each film in this stream has been selected by our much-beloved Forums/Discord regulars, as something they love and cherish, and would like to share with everyone :3:

All times in EST and may not reflect reality

0900 Mata Hari (1931)
1045 Ms. 45 (1981)
1215 Slither (2006)
1400 Why Don't You Play in Hell? (2013)
1620 The Fountain (2006)
1805 Lady Bird (2017)
1945 Dial Code Santa Claus (1989)
2125 Amer (2009)
2305 Daniel Isn't Real (2019)
0055 It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)

:spooky: Tuesday Hangover Stream - Bottle Movies :spooky:

And then we have a delicate triple bill of films representing the space between the cinema and the stage. Each has a small cast, takes place largely in one location, and is absolutely wonderful.

1900 Rope (1948)
2030 Lo (2009)
2200 Bug (2006)

married but discreet posted:

My god I finally saw Lost Boys (it's on Shudder) and there's insane sex energy radiating from this movie. They gave Batman to Joel Schumacher and then complained about the sex energy, what were they expecting?

:sickos:

I love that film so much. Any film that begins with The Doors is okay in my book.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I love that film so much. Any film that begins with The Doors is okay in my book.

I can't be friends with anyone who doesn't love the Lost Boys

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I remember putting Lost Boys on one of my favorites lists for this very thread and people looked at me like I'd grown a second head. Glad folks are coming around on it.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I STILL BELIEVEEEEE

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Where the gently caress do you find a copy of Lo that doesn’t look like poo poo?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

weekly font posted:

Where the gently caress do you find a copy of Lo that doesn’t look like poo poo?

As far as I know, the 240p version is the only one available, so that's the one I'm showing :shrug: it's a good film though, so it's worth it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

As far as I know, the 240p version is the only one available, so that's the one I'm showing :shrug: it's a good film though, so it's worth it

this is the same problem I have with Lynch's Inland Empire. I even tracked down a blu-ray! The movie looks TERRIBLE no matter what you watch it on because it was shot on video. Even though it's a great movie!

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

MacheteZombie hooked me up with a much nicer version :swoon:

I think I'm a lot more forgiving of lovely quality as long as the film is good, Inland Empire being the perfect example, that's maybe my favourite Lynch film, definitely top three with Blue Velvet and Eraserhead.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I think I'm a lot more forgiving of lovely quality as long as the film is good, Inland Empire being the perfect example, that's maybe my favourite Lynch film, definitely top three with Blue Velvet and Eraserhead.

Same but swap Eraserhead with Wild At Heart

also could i get in on that nice version of Lo 👀

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kvlt! posted:

this is the same problem I have with Lynch's Inland Empire. I even tracked down a blu-ray! The movie looks TERRIBLE no matter what you watch it on because it was shot on video. Even though it's a great movie!

it was shot on digital, on a consumer grade handheld.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

There are definitely sections of Inland Empire where the fact that it looks like someone found an SD card in a basement adds to the overall creepy atmosphere. There are also sections where it's hard to see what's happening and it just looks kind of bad.

I love Inland Empire, but I'm glad that Lynch got to work on film again

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

it was shot on digital, on a consumer grade handheld.

thats what i meant, my b

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Heads up spook-a-doodles, Windows98's own Windows Movie House is going to show Possessor in approximately 5 hours or more (not sure of his schedule's time zone), so if you've yet to see the talk of the thread, this is a good opportunity to do so.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Horror Director Bracketology 2021 - The Madness Continues?

We talked about doing Bracketology II in the new year. I volunteered and a few people reminded me. I have an idea of how to do it mostly the same but with a twist to freshen it up. Feel free to chime in and let me/us know what you think?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Berzerker posted:

KISS are funny, Gene Simmons sucks. Who cares. Let's talk about the new movie Freaky, which is a very silly fun time.

I enjoyed it

but we all had the same question, whose loving high school has a cryo chamber. Like, what? Might as well have an MRI machine and a nuclear reactor. They must *really* take football seriously. I joked that it must be Betsy Devos High. They must have really wanted to do a "freeze and smash" kill which has been done before (yeah yeah people have been stabbed before too)

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

KISS doesn't suck because they're not metal enough; KISS sucks because they released action figures of themselves, and a disco album.

And their music is god awful.

CelticPredator posted:

MORE

PISS

Agreed. Although I do like their version of God Gave Rock ‘N’ Roll to You

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ghost are the best metal band in years, and it drives metalheads mad.

What about us metalheads who like Ghost? Where do we fit in the scheme of things.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm a metalhead who acknowledges that Ghost is a good rock band.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ghost are literally the KISS of the modern day.

Their image is much harder than their music? Check
Music is poppy? Check
Piss of metalheads? Check

I'm a huge metalhead myself and I love KISS and I think Ghost are pretty good, but I love when both bands piss off "trve kvlt" metalheads.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The new Christopher Landon film Freaky is available now on VOD

I completely get if you were tired of his brand of horror comedy after Happy Death Day 2U. But 1) I'm not, I could watch both Happy Death Days a billion more times each and not get sick of them, and I'm very happy he recently announced he finished the script for the third one, and 2) more of that type of horror comedy is present in Freaky

Not as good as the Happy Death Days, but I still adored it. More than I expected to in fact? I really really don't like Vince Vaughn but here he wound up being entertaining. Kathryn Newton's the real star/surprise though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPnIcDW9g0

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's funny cuz politically speaking Freaky is the polar opposite of...some of Vince's other films

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Poster Kvlt! Isn't trve kvlt?

What a poser.

If you were really kvlt your posts would only be available in xerox form from a dingy distro table flea market in Umeå.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Poster Kvlt! Isn't true kvlt?

donald sutherland screaming and pointing except he's got KISS face paint.gif

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Poster Kvlt! Isn't trve kvlt?

What a poser.

If you were really kvlt your posts would only be available in xerox form from a dingy distro table flea market in Umeå.

When I was 14/15 I went through a brief black metal phase. That's how I got this username. I don't like or listen to black metal anymore but the name stuck lol

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

The new Christopher Landon film Freaky is available now on VOD
Is Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse good?

I liked Marked Ones and I'm excited for Freaky, so he's 3/3 for me from what I've seen.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DDD coming through with another great rec. Lo is a lot of fun. It felt much more like a play than a movie but I say that as praise not criticism. Charming and unique - the two best qualities in a movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DMs are open, anyone related to this post

Kvlt! posted:

DDD coming through with another great rec. Lo is a lot of fun. It felt much more like a play than a movie but I say that as praise not criticism. Charming and unique - the two best qualities in a movie.

The lead really channels a young Bruce Campbell at times

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Vaughn in Freaky is just such terrific stunt casting—but it's also neat that the movie is a riff of Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis in the adult role, so there's a whole other layer. Definitely going to catch the flick in the next couple weeks.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Just watched Anything for Jackson on Shudder, and it was pretty good! It’s a borderline horror/comedy that doesn’t quite lean into the comedy part enough for my taste (it’s got some absurd bits but I never really laughed or anything), but it’s inventive and original and has a lot of fun parts. It seems like it’s going to be a slow burn at the start but it gets pretty wild before long.

It isn’t movie of the year or anything but it was a pleasant surprise.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

When I was 14/15 I went through a brief black metal phase. That's how I got this username. I don't like or listen to black metal anymore but the name stuck lol

Dang how do you grow out of enjoying Darkthrone? I've got you penciled in as a Bongripper and Yob guy now is that fair

Horror front: Will someone please resurrect and throw money at Antonia Bird? I really want to watch more movies like Ravenous and I'm just super bummed about this this morning even though it's been most of a decade since she died.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Irony.or.Death posted:

Dang how do you grow out of enjoying Darkthrone? I've got you penciled in as a Bongripper and Yob guy now is that fair

Horror front: Will someone please resurrect and throw money at Antonia Bird? I really want to watch more movies like Ravenous and I'm just super bummed about this this morning even though it's been most of a decade since she died.

I have seen Yob live before and do enjoy Bongripper now and then but that's not really my thing. Despite being 22 I'm a boomer when it comes to metal. Van Halen, Rob Zombie, Motley Crue, Dokken, AC/DC, Korn, Motorhead, Guns n Roses, etc.

I don't really like the heavier genres of metal. When I wat heavy music I listen to hardcore and crust punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Timeless Appeal posted:

Is Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse good?

I seem to have given it 2.5/5 on letterboxd and don't remember anything about it so I'm gonna say no.