Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Iron Crowned posted:

How do we know Grogu contacted a Jedi, let alone a known Jedi?

somewhere on Tattooine, Skippy the Jedi Droid re-activates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"Well, they finally did it. They killed my car."

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Reik posted:

I guess Bendu is still out there just chilling?

To the extent he was ever actually physically on Chopper Base, he's presumably still there. But I wouldn't call what he's doing "chilling". He might call it that, but he's not. He's extremely unchill and mad about it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The scene of Gideon on the bridge when they're in hyperspace looked weird. I think the two stormtroopers were part of the CGI background.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

At some point Han Solo looses his Falcon, gonna lol if Din stumbles across it...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What Jedi are even alive atm

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

euphronius posted:

A surprising amount, actually.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do have to wonder why Boba Fett is sticking around. How exactly is he in Mando's debt? All Mando did was take his armour and act like a dick about whether Fett was Mandalorian or not. Giving it back to him doesn't seem like a big enough gesture to justify teaming up with Mando to save the kid, especially when Fett had to steal it back anyways.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

euphronius posted:

This is to the best of my knowledge, going from Disney Canon.

Definitely Alive:
Luke Skywalker
Leia Organa? (going through training to become Almost A Jedi at some unspecified point between the events of the OT and ST)
Ashoka Tano (technically "not a Jedi" but she's basically All But Dissertation)

Canonically Not Explicitly Killed Off:
Ezra Bridger (space whale lost in wild space adventures)
Cal Kestis
Cere Junda

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

withak posted:

Oh I've imagined that.

That legit exists, Star Wars Underground. Uh, I heard about it from my pastor so I could stay away from it.

I kinda hope a new Jedi, and it's who smuggled Grogu out if the temple. I'm not opposed to it being based on an EU Jedi, but there had to be more than the half dozen we know survived the order 66. Either they realized the battle at the temple was hopeless and hosed off or they were either able to evaid or fight off their clones. Or maybe we could get Shaak-Ti. She has never had an on screen death, both were cut from the revenge of the Sith.

To bad Kit Fisto went out like a punk, he'd be fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Owlbear Camus posted:

Definitely Alive:

Luke Skywalker
Leia Organa? (going through training to become Almost A Jedi at some unspecified point between the events of the OT and ST)

Ezra Bridger
Cal Kestis
Cere Junda

Lol at ABD ashoka

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

If only someone had a spreadsheet detailing which Jedi are alive at any point in time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

euphronius posted:

Whatever the plot requires. Maybe Qui Gon comes back alive and well.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It's either gonna be Sebastian Stan as a mid-20's Luke Skywalker rebuilding the Jedi Order, or we're gonna see live action Ezra Bridger. I mean, why else would they have mentioned Thrawn? Thrawn and Bridger are a packaged deal at this point if either of them are going to reappear.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well anyway - while I await a google spreadsheet of extant jedi - I think it’s clear from the visual language that gorgio contacted someone

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Lol at ABD ashoka

She handed in her dissertation and then told her advisor to go gently caress themselves just before they gave her a hood.

Not good for CV building

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Just watched the Inhibitor Chip Conspiracy arc of Clone Wars and it's surprisingly good given the constraints of (1) having to show unique personalities of literal clones (2) a cartoon for children and (3) cannot contradict RotS canon.

There was a shot that was particularly artful in the first episode of the arc where super battledroids had breached a shuttle and one clone officer is in cover weightless waiting to futilely ambush them as they pass. The way the camera is kind of stuck in the corner with him really sells the terror and doomed claustrophobia.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How much garbage did they have to cut out to end up at 31 minutes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It's also entirely possible that Grogu was communing with dead Jedi from the netherworld of the Force. 5 straw pennies says Filoni and Favreau are gonna pull out some crazy bullshit and get Liam Neeson, Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan McGregor or Frank Oz as Yoda to make an appearance.

Or maybe it'll be a swerve and it'll be Plo Koon or Aayla Secura or Yarael Poof or Kit Fisto.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

7 minute dialog between The mandolorian and boba Fett about the positive health results of an all plant diet

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Arcsquad12 posted:

I do have to wonder why Boba Fett is sticking around. How exactly is he in Mando's debt? All Mando did was take his armour and act like a dick about whether Fett was Mandalorian or not. Giving it back to him doesn't seem like a big enough gesture to justify teaming up with Mando to save the kid, especially when Fett had to steal it back anyways.

He was in the middle of making a deal: if Fett gets the armour, the kid stays safe. Fett got the armour, but the kid isn’t safe. Until the kid is safe, Fett hasn’t held up his end of the bargain.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Gonz posted:

It's also entirely possible that Grogu was communing with dead Jedi from the netherworld of the Force. 5 straw pennies says Filoni and Favreau are gonna pull out some crazy bullshit and get Liam Neeson, Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan McGregor or Frank Oz as Yoda to make an appearance.

Or maybe it'll be a swerve and it'll be Plo Koon or Aayla Secura or Yarael Poof or Kit Fisto.

Filoni would almost certainly be all about Plo Koon showing up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ki Adi Mundhi

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I mean, even if only 0.01% of Jedi of various skill levels survived the purge, thats still 100 Jedi assuming the 10,000 Jedi number that gets thrown around occasionally.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They have space to create a new jedi. Like Al Toona or La Trobe

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Gob Kenobi, played by Will Arnett

All he can do are illusions though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If there was really 10,000 Jedi, the Clone Wars should’ve been over in like a week.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I mean, even if only 0.01% of Jedi of various skill levels survived the purge, thats still 100 Jedi assuming the 10,000 Jedi number that gets thrown around occasionally.

Yeah Order 66 + Temple sneak attack was about as thorough as you could get in a galaxy of thousands of planets, but presumably there were a bunch doing agricultural advisor outreach, monastic solitude, exploring Wildspace, whatever. That's what Vader and the Inquisitors are for, but the very existence of an anti-Jedi Gestapo implies the existence of a fair few surviving Jedi.

Cartoon Man posted:

If there was really 10,000 Jedi, the Clone Wars should’ve been over in like a week.

Eh, it's a galaxy of thousands of inhabited planets and quadrillions of beings. A Jedi can only do so much against poo poo like massed fleets, giant troop formations, orbital bombardment, or, as Order 66 shows us overwhelming fire from surprise.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do you know about ... battle trance ???

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Gonna be Asajj Ventress.

I know she died in a book, but books never count.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oops battle meditation

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Phylodox posted:

Gonna be Asajj Ventress.

I know she died in a book, but books never count.

Unlike the old Legends days, the novels are of the exact same "level" of canonicity as the films and shows. Really, the only modern Disney Story Group canon story you could argue doesn't "count" would be Rise of Skywalker, since the Story Group was not allowed to work on that one.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

Definitely Alive:
Luke Skywalker

Ezra Bridger (space whale lost in wild space adventures)
Cal Kestis
Cere Junda

So who could he elevate from legends. Kyle Katarn? Mara Jade? I... completely forget what actually takes place within a 5 years of battle of Endor.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A 700 episode series about Ahshokas quest to kill admiral Thrawn

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bendak Starkiller

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

jivjov posted:

Unlike the old Legends days, the novels are of the exact same "level" of canonicity as the films and shows. Really, the only modern Disney Story Group canon story you could argue doesn't "count" would be Rise of Skywalker, since the Story Group was not allowed to work on that one.

It’s canon until it gets in the way of something a higher priority project wants to do. They can say otherwise, but nobody’s gonna constrain Disney+’s flagship show because of a book nobody read.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Owlbear Camus posted:

It's amazing what happens when you give the reigns to someone who clearly adores the property, but also tells unique stories and understands you can't just recycle and soft reboot EVERYTHING and you have to draw from the inspiration sources (samurais and cowboys and poo poo) instead of just oroboros Star Wars constantly referencing Star Wars.

In one of the behind the scenes things for season one, Favreau (or maybe it was Filoni), said that when making this show, they didn't want to be inspired by Star Wars, they wanted to be inspired by the things that inspired George when he was making Star Wars.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's gonna be Ezra since he's currently Lost in Space with Thrawn, and Grogu's probably their guiding light home

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Davros1 posted:

In one of the behind the scenes things for season one, Favreau (or maybe it was Filoni), said that when making this show, they didn't want to be inspired by Star Wars, they wanted to be inspired by the things that inspired George when he was making Star Wars.

That def comes across in Mando

I need more Taika Waititi episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Whoever it is, it's going to be someone that fans recognize because they are 100% going to have either a hooded figure reveal themselves or a lightsaber ignite right when someone is about to get got.

I think the most obvious answer is Luke Skywalker but that kinda ends the Grogu adventures if he just takes the baby away to be trained (and later slaughtered by the Knights of Ren). Mace Windu or Cal Kestis work by recognition and uber-nerds would probably safely guess Ezra Bridger in live action.