Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is the best manga of the Reiwa era, one year in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I was not expecting this Delicious in Dungeon crossover.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well hot drat.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
I was definitely expecting something more grisly.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The only thing I'm not sure on is how the Power Chainsaw actually got in the way of Makima's regenerating.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

The only thing I'm not sure on is how the Power Chainsaw actually got in the way of Makima's regenerating.

i think it infused makima with power's blood, which then began constantly ripping her apart as fast as she could regenerate

that's why kishibe said there was some urgency to finishing her off, because people all across japan are dropping dead as makima struggles to offload the damage

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Isn't the meat and vegetable stir-fry the dish Denji and Power made to prank Aki?

Oh and I didn't notice that the fridge was full of them food containers. Makima mukbang time!!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Holy poo poo. Of all the directions, this is not the one I saw coming and yet hindsight and the fact that it was so perfect makes it seem so obviously the only answer. Chainsaw Man is incredible and I'm so glad I've been here for this.

e: Next chapter is just going to be Denji eating different dishes, huh?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I hope Denji gets to eat a steak soon.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I hope Denji gets to eat a steak soon.

I'm Guy Fieri and this is Denji, Drive-Ins, and Dives

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Last chapter title: Flavortown

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i liked how she took one drag, coughed, then put it out like a loving chuuni dork lmfao

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
the way to a man's heart is through his stomach

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

i liked how she took one drag, coughed, then put it out like a loving chuuni dork lmfao

As a fan of cinema she’s knows what you do after a barely won action scene.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chapter theme: :kheldragar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBvwcH4XX6U

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Wait is he saying that she was fighting the Pochita he threw down from orbit? lol

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dog Kisser posted:

Wait is he saying that she was fighting the Pochita he threw down from orbit? lol

I think he was just saying he remembered that if he tears out his heart, he still has some degree of control over the body that remains. So before Makima arrived, he tore out his own heart and let it regrow, temporarily resulting in two Denjis. One of the Denjis then got dressed in a suit and hid while playing dead, focusing on controlling the body of the second Denji who was the one that fought Makima. He knew she looked down on him so much that she'd assume he was just weak and she had beaten him for realsies. I suspect if she had taken him more seriously she could have noticed he was particularly weak, and would have been on-guard rather than just assumed she'd won.

We also saw the double-body trick done when Reze attacked Public Security, she tore off her own head and threw it into the building as a bomb, which then regrew a new body. Meanwhile her headless body ran into the building to cause a second explosion.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Noticing that all the boxes of meat in the fridge are wrapped up tight, I bet that food's fighting to get out :v

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

chiasaur11 posted:

Kishibe's right. Denji's the best Devil Hunter alive.

Wasn't it Kishibe that said the best devil hunters have a few screws loose? By saying Denji's the best Devil Hunter out there, he's saying Denji's the loving craziest.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ETURNA posted:

I was definitely expecting something more grisly.

I, for one, appreciate Denji's efforts to improve his diet. Kid's gone from dumpster-diving to gourmet home cooking. He's come a long way.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

jesus christ

what the gently caress

I love this

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I hope the last chapter is after Denji has finished eating Makima, meets what's his name again for a conversation, then goes to hell, and the last scene is him meeting power again in hell to start a new friendship.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
What the gently caress does a world without control look like?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I guess we’ll finally get to see what happens when Chainsaw Man erases a concept from existence. At a minimum everyone besides him is probably going to forget that any of this happened.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hiro Protagonist posted:

*Looking at the news for a moment*

Like ours? :v:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
chainsawman owns

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Thread title surprising relevant again.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This is so :perfect:, a really fitting way for Makima to go, eaten, digested and shat out by a dumbass.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

So while we know that Chainsaw Man can cancel out things by eating them, Denji is a hybrid so "control" might not disappear while Makima does. She seemed very insistent that Denji wasn't a part of her plans to erase the bad stuff.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

The biggest surprise is Kishibe survived the entire Manga.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fat_Cow posted:

The biggest surprise is Kishibe survived the entire Manga.

one more chapter though! plenty of pages left for this

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dog Kisser posted:

Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS4IksO9FGQ

A friend also pointed out that in Chapter 94 you can spot Denji with the others

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 5, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The thread's title is now doubly accurate, as the film it's referencing ended with the love interest getting cannibalized and cooked to save the Protag's dog :aaaaa:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 5, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/linguini_Master/status/1334373569313329154

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Grouchio posted:

The thread's title is now doubly accurate, as the film it's referencing ended with the love interest getting cannibalized and cooked to save the Protag's dog :aaaaa:

And people doubted my wisdom in title choice.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

What film is the thread title a reference to?

Also I decided to reread this in anticipation of the ending and the first major enemy Denji fought, the Zombie devil, was perplexed by regeneration so he came to the conclusion that IF THAT GUY IS EATEN HE MUST STAY DEAD

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Somehow, despite this being a Manga that has continued to surprise me its entire run, I am still surprised that this has happened again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Artelier posted:

What film is the thread title a reference to?
The 1975 dystopian film A Boy and his Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UWIzcJ1Neg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Grouchio posted:

gently caress I just realized this too. Amazing. Glad we kept the title.