Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I’d rather see Cal Kestis show up up than Ezra. I haven’t seen most of Rebels, but Ezra was pretty lame in the parts I did catch. Also because I think Cameron Monaghan is a good actor and ponchos make sense to me as Jedi attire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CubanMissile posted:

I’d rather see Cal Kestis show up up than Ezra. I haven’t seen most of Rebels, but Ezra was pretty lame in the parts I did catch. Also because I think Cameron Monaghan is a good actor and ponchos make sense to me as Jedi attire.

Like Ahsoka, Ezra starts as an annoying kid and turns into a legit great young-adult. Ezra is much better than Cal and once again, is another Filoni creation.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Yoda's ghost is going to talk to Grogu and don't even pretend like he isn't.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nanigans posted:

Like Ahsoka, Ezra starts as an annoying kid and turns into a legit great young-adult. Ezra is much better than Cal and once again, is another Filoni creation.

Doesn’t he have a lightsaber that’s also a blaster? :barf:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CubanMissile posted:

Doesn’t he have a lightsaber that’s also a blaster? :barf:

Had.

It got turned into two pieces by Vader.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Gonz posted:

Had.

It got turned into two pieces by Vader.

The crystal survived though

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Ezra is one of only three people to have stood face-to-face with Palpatine in full manipulator mode and told him to gently caress off and lived to tell about it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

His second saber is pretty good looking IMO.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Older Ezra is great, yes. It is true.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
tbf, Grogu is the only young Jedi that I haven’t hated right off the bat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Does that include farmboy Luke? :v:

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010
I was a little saddened by how quickly Din said "The child is gone." We know you care about him Din! You don't have to be so cold about everything!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Kyle Katarn showing up just to merk the Dark Troopers.

"Yeah, I've done this before."

There's no way they'd use Kyle, since he'd make his entrance by punching Moff Gideon's cruiser out of the sky with his beard as a warmup and then tear the Dark Troopers to pieces with his bare hands

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Codependent Poster posted:

Kyle Katarn showing up just to merk the Dark Troopers.

"Yeah, I've done this before."
i would loving evaporate in happiness

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Within a few days Din Djarin has encountered two of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy.

Dune and Fett, the Gut Squad?

poo poo's drat inspiring

nopants
May 29, 2004

Ballz posted:

So wtf has Boba been doing all these years? Seems like he could have rolled in on Cobb Vanth at any time to easily reclaim his armor and then just gently caress off from Tatooine on his ship.

are you kidding? boba is good with a blaster but he is not marshal cobb vanth good

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

I actually shouted/sighed "motherfucker" when the Honda blew up.

Me and the wifey both yelled "The Tragedy!!!"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol remember when people were saying this season didn’t have a plot

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh no they blew up Richard Ayoade' droid :gonk:

:cry: THE TRAGEDY :cry:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

teagone posted:

I played through up until he meets Cere and they land on Bogano. Combat feels a bit a wonky (I'm taking a break of a 30+ hour Nier Automata run whose combat system is amazing imo) but I like the tone of it and yeah, Cal seems like a cool character on first impression. I was initially offput by the game because of the protagonist being a generic white dude, but I do like Cameron Monaghan so I'm giving the game a chance and so far I'm with it.

Lol Cal *is* Generic White Dude xD

He's a total fuckin' goober.

Turn the difficulty down if you want Cal to feel more slicydicy

MJeff posted:

This and why didn't the cruiser blow up the slave 1? kinda bugged me, but, whatever.

I figured they slaved the turrets to the tracking beacon

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 5, 2020

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I love this show so much. Sad to to see space dad lose his car. I didn’t watch Filonis other stuff (I am now) but this show is legit loving great and is the highlight of this poo poo year.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Owlbear Camus posted:

This is to the best of my knowledge, going from Disney Canon.

Definitely Alive:
Luke Skywalker
Leia Organa? (going through training to become Almost A Jedi at some unspecified point between the events of the OT and ST)
Ashoka Tano (technically "not a Jedi" but she's basically All But Dissertation)

Canonically Not Explicitly Killed Off:
Ezra Bridger (space whale lost in wild space adventures)
Cal Kestis
Cere Junda

Merrin, Frank #2, the dude that looks like a rotting apricot...

Edit: did Frank 2.0 take up a new sith name?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrotherJayne posted:

Lol Cal *is* Generic White Dude xD

He's a total fuckin' goober.

The thing that got me was the devs at Respawn literally came out and said while the game was in development that they made Cal a generic white dude because Reddit got brain-ripping mad about Rey and Finn existing, and it scared them so they were gonna play it safe on this one.

MJeff posted:

This and why didn't the cruiser blow up the slave 1? kinda bugged me, but, whatever.

Every piece of Lore about Slave-I says the ship has all sorts of literally illegal stealth and jamming tech onboard that renders it invisible to sensors.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 5, 2020

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

euphronius posted:

Well anyway - while I await a google spreadsheet of extant jedi - I think it’s clear from the visual language that gorgio contacted someone

Or was on Force Hold

nine-gear crow posted:

The thing that got me was the devs at Respawn literally came out and said while the game was in development that they made Cal a generic white dude because Reddit got brain-ripping mad about Rey and Finn existing, and it scared them so they were gonna play it safe on this one.

Every piece of Lore about Salve-1 says the ship has all sorts of literally illegal stealth and jamming tech onboard that renders it invisible to sensors.

That sucks, I enjoyed havig a sorta weenie dude as the main character, they're pretty rare

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow posted:

Every piece of Lore about Salve-1 says the ship has all sorts of literally illegal stealth and jamming tech onboard that renders it invisible to sensors.

I know this was a typo, but now i’m imagining him renaming it the Salve-1, especially after he escaped the Sarlaac pit and realized he needed a strict skincare routine all of a sudden.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I mean, even if only 0.01% of Jedi of various skill levels survived the purge, thats still 100 Jedi assuming the 10,000 Jedi number that gets thrown around occasionally.

0.001 x 10000 = 10

Edit: whoops 0.0001 x 10000 = 1

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 5, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So Rodriguez was a last minute replacement which makes sense.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I think it'll be him too for this reason plus he's a Filoni character so they can do whatever they want with him without being tied down by other things. Also one of the reasons Ahsoka gave for not wanting to train Grogu is his attachment to Din and Ezra doesn't know/care about that rule, his master had a girlfriend who he eventually even had a kid with the whole time he knew him and Ezra was super thirsty for Sabine. Plus Ahsoka's owl was in her episode as well as a loth cat which is associated with him.

... Kanan has a baby?

EDIT: AWW gently caress GOT SPOILERED

hahahahahaha

Really need to watch the last season

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrotherJayne posted:

That sucks, I enjoyed havig a sorta weenie dude as the main character, they're pretty rare

I don't mind it either, but, like, if you want to make you protagonist a white dude, then make him a white dude. Don't piss on my shoes and tell me you made him a white dude specifically because you were scared about what awful white men would say about you online if you made him anything but a white dude.

It's like when SquareEnix was asked about why there weren't any (permanently) playable female characters in FFXV. They specifically said "this is a story specifically about male bonding, brotherhood and the young adult male homo-social experience." And I was like "yeah, alright, I respect that reasoning at least, even if I don't exactly agree with it."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

BrotherJayne posted:

... Kanan has a baby?

Jacen Syndulla. He shows up very briefly in the epilogue of the Rebels finale.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't mind it either, but, like, if you want to make you protagonist a white dude, then make him a white dude. Don't piss on my shoes and tell me you made him a white dude specifically because you were scared about what awful white men would say about you online if you made him anything but a white dude.

It's like when SquareEnix was asked about why there weren't any (permanently) playable female characters in FFXV. They specifically said "this is a story about male bonding, brotherhood and the young adult male homo-social experience." And I was like "yeah, alright, I respect that reasoning at least, even if I don't exactly agree with it."

*faaaart*

I dunno, dude didn't sound all pack a day and that was refreshing

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yuuuup we still got the last season of rebels to watch, just finished clone wars 7

Spoilered myself xD

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That moment when you realize Hera probably took her infant son with her to the Battle of Scarif.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

BrotherJayne posted:

0.001 x 10000 = 10

Grats on adding an extra zero? :confused:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

nine-gear crow posted:

That moment when you realize Hera probably took her infant son with her to the Battle of Scarif.

Who else is gonna fly the ship

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Does that include farmboy Luke? :v:

That budding psycho? With the womp rats and the bullseyeing?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Grats on adding an extra zero? :confused:

He missed a zero. Wait, 2 zeros!

0.01% = 0.0001f

Lol so actually there would be just 1

Edit: Oh, *you* missed two, lol

Edit 2: https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+0.01%25+of+10000

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 5, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

He was born after that. She was probably just pregnant at the time.

I am Pretty sure once Din has his crew assembled, he'll take off his helmet as a show of faith to his allies.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

twistedmentat posted:

I am Pretty sure once Din has his crew assembled, he'll take off his helmet as a show of faith to his allies.

The room clearing stench...

He's been sweating into his hair in that bucket for weeks!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

euphronius posted:

He never manifests acceptance in S2 e5 of the offer

Although if he came back with ahsokas head he’s be entitled to the beskar spear under Anglo America law

He did come back with Ahsoka's head. Unfortunately for them, the rest of Ahsoka was still attached to said head and commenced to killing some fools.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

twistedmentat posted:

He was born after that. She was probably just pregnant at the time.

The the Armorer walks in and Din acts like he said a curse in front of the Nuns at his Catholic School.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Its Rinaldo posted:

The the Armorer walks in and Din acts like he said a curse in front of the Nuns at his Catholic School.

She takes off her helmet to reveal her glowing red eyes and rodent features

She was secretly 3 jawas in a trenchcoat