Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Game sharing is basically something that's unintended but not policed at all.

The PS3 allowed like 5 people at once and Sony immediately cracked down on that with the PS4 so I wouldn't hold your breath for something better any time soon.

I just think it’s stupid that if I’m dad and if I’m playing uno on the Xbox in the living room (and that’s the home one) with the wife and one of my kids wants to play fortnite on the Xbox in the office it makes someone log in as me to use the game because I “bought” the free game. That logs me out in the living room and ends my game of uno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Are there disadvantages to changing your region, for game pass or xbox gold etc? I'm from Europe but I just changed my region to USA as certain xbox 360 games on Game Pass are dubbed in French which is dumb. Changing to USA gives me the original language.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

Are there disadvantages to changing your region, for game pass or xbox gold etc? I'm from Europe but I just changed my region to USA as certain xbox 360 games on Game Pass are dubbed in French which is dumb. Changing to USA gives me the original language.

AFAIK only in the sense that the on-console store app might show wrong prices / not allow you to buy things. Also some apps (like streaming services and stuff) that you should have available locally where you live probably won't be available for installing.

Also the locale and language settings are separate (though they weren't once), so I think you could've just set your system language to English without changing the locale.

Also also, if you start to notice there's any issues with the US, you could always try the UK or Ireland which at least are in Europe while also anglophone.

Zat fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Dec 5, 2020

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zat posted:

Also the locale and language settings are separate (though they weren't once), so I think you could've just set your system language to English without changing the locale.

Yeah, everything was set to English already but still some games are the translated versions somehow if I don't change the region. Thanks for the tips!

edit: I just changed my region back to where I live as a test, restarted the console and the game is still in the English version! Nice workaround!

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 5, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's great that MS is forcing that on system level, EA regionlocks some languages on PC to avoid Americans using VPN to buy the game cheaper in, say, Russia, and each launch on Origin does an integrity check to make sure you didn't mod English text back in. On Xbox, though? Change preferred language to English and EA can't do poo poo.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

otter posted:

I just think it’s stupid that if I’m dad and if I’m playing uno on the Xbox in the living room (and that’s the home one) with the wife and one of my kids wants to play fortnite on the Xbox in the office it makes someone log in as me to use the game because I “bought” the free game. That logs me out in the living room and ends my game of uno.

You can solve this, my and my brother share all of our digital games. You need to login with your sons profile on your Xbox and go to the “set this as my home Xbox” setting and confirm, and then do the same thing with your profile on the other Xbox.

Then you just play on your normal profile, and your son just plays on his normal profile and you’ll both have access to all the games.

Not sure if this works if you both don’t have Xbox live accounts tho, never tried that.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Today, I noticed my xbox logo looks gross inside. I assume that's not normal.

https://ibb.co/Wsjq2TH

tensai fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 5, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tensai posted:

:wtc:
Did you try and shoot it up with heroin or something?

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:wtc:
Did you try and shoot it up with heroin or something?
Not that I remember. This is a launch day console from MS. I think I may just open up a support case with them. Looks like glue got outta control during manufacturing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please give your Xbox a bath.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tensai posted:

Not that I remember. This is a launch day console from MS. I think I may just open up a support case with them. Looks like glue got outta control during manufacturing.

Okay that actually makes a lot of sense. Just seems like the start of one of those GameStop trade in horror stories were cockroaches come out a PS2.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

tensai posted:

This is why they say it's a bad idea to blow vape into your xbox.

I still can't believe that was a thing for a minute.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I said come in! posted:

Wont get to pick up my Series X tonight, but Best Buy finally has it available for pickup. :toot: Got held up with a house furnace repair.

Your priorities of keeping yourself and loved ones warm saddens us.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Colostomy Bag posted:

This username and post is making me laugh so loving right now. Thank you kind goon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

The Xbox would have warmed the house up just fine.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

tensai posted:

It looks like oil reclaim. I guess all those reports of smoking Xboxes were right, some of them must also take fat dabs

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

barnold posted:

It looks like oil reclaim. I guess all those reports of smoking Xboxes were right, some of them must also take fat dabs

“Do not use your Xbox is it e-dabber”

Please someone get Xbox social media to tweet this.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh in awesome positive Microsoft experience news I bought my son the Lego Star Wars complete saga and some bug caused the pod race level to infinitely loop (tried it a few times restarting it, was not going to restart the entire save). So I went into my order history and returned it for a refund. It was accepted right away. I can’t stress how much I love this consumer friendly feature on a console.

Also the fact that it was the pod race looping is a sign of an infinitely uncaring universe if there ever was one.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Yea we’ve had nothing but a positive experience so far too. I returned sea of thieves without hassle because I thought it was something I could play with my son, we haven’t had a single crash yet, and we’ve had no shortage of stuff to play with game pass and backwards compatibility. I haven’t owned an Xbox in forever though so there is a lot to catch up on.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

wandler20 posted:

This is why they say it's a bad idea to blow vape into your xbox.

I still can't believe that was a thing for a minute.

Just fire up a PS4. That poo poo will warm your whole house up in no time.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hedonist posted:

Yea we’ve had nothing but a positive experience so far too. I returned sea of thieves without hassle because I thought it was something I could play with my son, we haven’t had a single crash yet, and we’ve had no shortage of stuff to play with game pass and backwards compatibility. I haven’t owned an Xbox in forever though so there is a lot to catch up on.

Yep, same with when I had to return my preorder of Cyberpunk 2077 so I could activate my punchcard for 5,000 points. I figured I was screwed on the Lego game with a few hours of gameplay on it, because they would tell me to just restart it or something.

It’s ridiculous how deep the catalog is. It’s funny have next gen tech and I’m mostly playing previous or current gen games.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Found more reports of XSX players losing hours of progress in WD: Legion, Ubi says they'll have a patch out "early December". Right now the best option is to not play the game, as far as I can tell it stops saving once it can no longer reach the servers (because it's an Ubi open world with a loving cash shop, of course). Your VIP status will run out but it's just a slight earnings bonus.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dev mode appears to be free right now. I was able to grab it for free anyways. Both the activation, and dev mode software.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I said come in! posted:

Dev mode appears to be free right now. I was able to grab it for free anyways. Both the activation, and dev mode software.

Do you need to have an xbox to redeem it? I am planning to get a Series S once I can find one, but would be nice to claim dev mode for free.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

The app itself is always free, but you need a developer credentialed Microsoft account in order to activate it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

American McGay posted:

The app itself is always free, but you need a developer credentialed Microsoft account in order to activate it.

Whoops that would explain it. Okay didn’t realize that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruffian Price posted:

Found more reports of XSX players losing hours of progress in WD: Legion, Ubi says they'll have a patch out "early December". Right now the best option is to not play the game, as far as I can tell it stops saving once it can no longer reach the servers (because it's an Ubi open world with a loving cash shop, of course). Your VIP status will run out but it's just a slight earnings bonus.

Yep I had that happen to me. I was pissed because missions were complete. Thought it was just no save had happened before the system went to sleep, but it’s happened multiple times and had NOT on AssViking. God that was incredibly frustrating as it’s a pretty fun game all things considered.

Maybe I should just try getting it refunded and say, fundamentally broken and won’t save per dev...but eh I’ve put in a ton of time and I would like to keep playing it.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 5, 2020

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Metroid Prime runs decent on series x but I get a lot of stutters and audio bugs :(

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone even emulate PS3 yet or is the cell at architecture still a goddamn pain in the rear end?

I would love to have a couch friend version of Mercs 2 and The Saboteur.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Does anyone even emulate PS3 yet or is the cell at architecture still a goddamn pain in the rear end?

I would love to have a couch friend version of Mercs 2 and The Saboteur.

Demons souls, and drakengard 3 are 60fps on it. :D (Pc emu)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Demons souls, and drakengard 3 are 60fps on it. :D (Pc emu)

Oh wow. So how hard is it to setup Retroarch? Granted I probably shouldn’t risk futzing around with the Series X...well knowing my track record. Still more reasons I’m so happy with the Series X so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh wow. So how hard is it to setup Retroarch? Granted I probably shouldn’t risk futzing around with the Series X...well knowing my track record. Still more reasons I’m so happy with the Series X so far.

To setup Retroarch on Xbox, I am trying to figure that out right now and am stuck at activating Devmode. Need to find a walkthrough on how to do this.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

To setup Retroarch on Xbox, I am trying to figure that out right now and am stuck at activating Devmode. Need to find a walkthrough on how to do this.

Let us know how it goes! I’ll have to pass because I know I’ll spend way too much time to load stuff in and never actually play it. lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Let us know how it goes! I’ll have to pass because I know I’ll spend way too much time to load stuff in and never actually play it. lol

Slowly working my way through the process. I am going to pause for now because :effort: but intend to still do this.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wrong thread

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Slowly working my way through the process. I am going to pause for now because :effort: but intend to still do this.

Cool, I figure it’s best to take it slow. No one wants to bork their system for emulation...unless you do hacking stuff and got it to try and run Linux and all that stuff.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Combining the two main themes of the page, I just successfully refunded WD: Legion and BLOPs Cold War.

Excited for Cyberpunk day.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doingitwrong posted:

Combining the two main themes of the page, I just successfully refunded WD: Legion and BLOPs Cold War.

Excited for Cyberpunk day.

How long were you playing them for? I mean if I can get money back because WD is currently broken I’m all for it.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I’d made it through the tutorial to the open world part and half completed my first mission. Cold War I’d made it through the opening mission and was at the safe house.

Both still had the refund open but I didn’t expect to get either back but I also figured it was worth a shot. I chose: “problem with the game” “performance” or something along those lines and in the description said that both games were buggy with a lot of stuttering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

tensai posted:

You got the special "Flood" edition.