Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1334959252427956225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

xposting

number 1 snake fan posted:

https://twitter.com/acanticleforkev/status/1334907261282639873?s=19

Context: India is having an absolutely massive 25 MILLION person strike right now protesting labor laws

https://twitter.com/pinkinthenigh/status/1333968839047061512?s=19

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Rajasthan? Yea, I stan those absolute rajas :worship:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

its only a revolution if the elephant is there as a comrade and not as transportation

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/marinamaral2/status/1334455240800743426

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's cool that some women will probably get that design tattooed, imagine if you made a fashion choice that humans millennia from now would emulate

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea they based the Croods 2 off of her story

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah dumb "smart" people are deffo gonna get that tattoo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

What's it translate into English?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

KoRMaK posted:

im no expert, but probably "smoke weed erryday"

in other news I'm getting it as a forehead tat

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

KoRMaK posted:

"I'm not horny for women with tattoos"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

KoRMaK posted:

this isn't new

gonna be funny to see this as the new rear end tattoo for MFAs lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you can say what you want about it being pretentious to know and care about it but I think it's cool that it's a cultural artifact that is surviving into the 21st century by virtue of being a good design

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

What does this even mean? You're just making GBS threads on people for no reason

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
its not a millenia old yet but people should totally get those onfim drawing tattoos

i like the way he drew hands

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gripweed posted:

What does this even mean? You're just making GBS threads on people for no reason

They're just jealous that nobody will dig up their grave in the far future and think, "this person rules and I want to imitate them"

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1334859037423394820?s=20

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
...why is there a bass pro shop pyramid? that is far more alarming than any dumb rear end monoliths.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

...why is there a bass pro shop pyramid? that is far more alarming than any dumb rear end monoliths.

there’s actually more than one

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I've been told the disappearing monoliths are related to some watch company, which tbh is p disappointing in how mediocre a disappointment it wa s(I was expecting idiot crypto tech bros)

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it used to be the big arena where the college and pro-bball teams played in memphis, based off memphis' namesake in ancient egypt. then the city built a bigger, more expensive stadium, and the pyramid was abandoned, to the point that people were calling it cursed.

for some reason they had a hard time finding a tenant for a giant, crumbling, cursed pyramid overlooking the mississippi, so expectations for redevelopment were continually lowered until we got the bass pro shops theme park we have today

double negative has issued a correction as of 16:41 on Dec 5, 2020

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I have no tattoos but gently caress it, this design looks cool and I'm gonna consider getting it for myself for my birthday as my first tat. That's my only motivation: looks cool and was found on an ancient dead body which is cool backstory

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

RustyKnight posted:

I have no tattoos but gently caress it, this design looks cool and I'm gonna consider getting it for myself for my birthday as my first tat. That's my only motivation: looks cool and was found on an ancient dead body which is cool backstory

nice cultural appropriation there

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

double negative posted:

it used to be the big arena where the college and pro-bball teams played in memphis, based off memphis' namesake in ancient egypt. then the city built a bigger, more expensive stadium, and the pyramid was abandoned, to the point that people were calling it cursed.

for some reason they had a hard time finding a tenant for a giant, crumbling, cursed pyramid overlooking the mississippi, so expectations for redevelopment were continually lowered until we got the bass pro shops theme park we have today

Lol that is so goddamn American I can't even really wrap my head around it. Bass Pro Shop just sells fishing supplies, right?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Taeke posted:

Lol that is so goddamn American I can't even really wrap my head around it. Bass Pro Shop just sells fishing supplies, right?
oh buddy, you have no idea how american it is inside that store if you think that

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Taeke posted:

fishing supplies, linen cloth, and sarcophaguses

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I lived near the (vacant) pyramid during law school and there was a lot of buzz about a mid-American Smithsonian branch going in but Bass Pro made a better offer

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

oh buddy, you have no idea how american it is inside that store if you think that

Hahaha you just prompted me to google some pictures and it's like a loving shrine to performative masculinity and spending money.

Going there is a day out for the family for a lot of people, isn't it? It's one of those landmarks, an attraction, a tourist trap?

Capitalism is so loving dumb.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Taeke posted:

It's a general outdoor goods store, they sell bicycles, guns, bows, tents, water purifiers, ropes, pittons, woodcutting axes, clothing for various outdoors type endeavors, you name it

I am fond of those kind of stores

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Taeke posted:

Hahaha you just prompted me to google some pictures and it's like a loving shrine to performative masculinity and spending money.

Going there is a day out for the family for a lot of people, isn't it? It's one of those landmarks, an attraction, a tourist trap?

Capitalism is so loving dumb.

It's a theme park except if the entirety of the theme park was the gift shop.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

its not a millenia old yet but people should totally get those onfim drawing tattoos

i like the way he drew hands

gonna get this on my back

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

My parents used to always get me electrolyte gel packs when we went to those kind of stores, I liked that stuff a lot as a kid for some reason

I haven't been to one since e commerce became the standard way to buy specialty goods

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

gently caress SNEEP posted:

gonna get this on my back

Will the tramp stamp say "this is not a place of honor"?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's a general outdoor goods store, they sell bicycles, guns, bows, tents, water purifiers, ropes, pittons, woodcutting axes, clothing for various outdoors type endeavors, you name it

I am fond of those kind of stores

So am I. I'm just not used to them having front that's more suited to a super high end hotel, or theme park or something similar.

Does it have a hotel? Please tell me it has a hotel.

It's such a pure expression of capitalism, its entire purpose is to suck the money out of people at the expense of any actual culture that it once embodied that it loops back around to become a pure expression of what American culture is now.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's a theme park except if the entirety of the theme park was the gift shop.

Yeah, this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Taeke posted:

So am I. I'm just not used to them having front that's more suited to a super high end hotel, or theme park or something similar.

Does it have a hotel? Please tell me it has a hotel.

It's such a pure expression of capitalism, its entire purpose is to suck the money out of people at the expense of any actual culture that it once embodied that it loops back around to become a pure expression of what American culture is now.

Calm down Janice, it's a store.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

When you think about it it's essentially just a department store with different theming/branding

It could be argued that a mall or department store is also a symbol of American excess but they're dying and so are big retail outdoors stores like those so you won't have to be annoyed by their existence for long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
The upper floors are a hotel. Also you can say what you want about Bass Pro Shops but if I'm near one I'm going in to see the giant aquarium.