Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Lol, the troopers did kinda go "Knee guns? gently caress this!"

I wonder if the trajectory of Fett's rocket would have carried it into the locked target if the other lander wasn't there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jedit posted:

I got the impression that one of the reasons Leia stopped training as a Jedi was because she got pregnant, so he's likely not born yet.

And who the gently caress named a character Yarael Poof? It sounds like a Jedi from Glasgow got drunk and started waving his lightsabre around.

Leave Jedi Master Poof alone, he's the only one with any goddamn sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emv5A7OlVM

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BrotherJayne posted:

Venom Fett

We should ask him his opinion on WMD and child soldiers

Acid Fett.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

am0kgonzo posted:

cal is boring as poo poo, but it's not because he's a "white male"

jfc

Cal being a generic white dude certainly put me off from playing the game until I could play it for free on Game Pass just a few days ago. Cameron Monaghan is cool and a great actor, but lmao, as if there aren't enough heroes who are white dudes. I would have played the game day 1 if I could've been a Wookiee or something, or if it was create-a-character based. Also lol at Respawn's reasoning when asked why they didn't make the protagonist female.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's forgivable to me because Fallen Order is absolutely not a story driven game.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A protagonist that's actually interesting, or at least enables interesting storytelling, will be compelling regardless of who or what they are.

On the one hand, yes. I like The Mandalorian because it's a great show and the few character beats we have seen with Din are good. The fact that a Latino like me plays him makes it even better but doesn't make or break it, the show is good enough.

On the other, I don't care much for Cassian Andor, but seeing that the next Star Wars TV show is gonna have another Latino lead (one that I saw on Mexican telenovelas when I was a kid with my mom), does make me a bit more interested on it and hopeful that it is good. That said, if the show is bad, then I'm gonna be annoyed, wouldn't give it a pass just because it has a Latino lead.

It's a complicated issue.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

I still maintain they should separate him from his armor as a stakes-raiser/cliffhanger. He was flat out RoboCopping shots in this episode. Get him out of the armor communicates he's vulnerable, poo poo's getting real, and puts him in a position to develop the Creed thing. Is he really gonna Sepukku with Grogu's life on the line? Is murking everyone who saw/humiliated him the get out of jail free card? Or can he deradicalize with the help of Bo-Katan's crew?

Watched the ep again with my GF and have more thoughts:

Hearing a lot of "They did Temuera dirty by not using costuming/angle tricks or a body double to hide his big belly." gently caress that take. The "couple days without a glass of water dehydrated Mr. Olympia" look to communicate a tough character is OVER. The StrongFat representation times are here.

My GF Literally did a "nooo!!!" when the Dark Troopers took flight with Din's Goblin Baby. Intense poo poo. Stoked for the conclusion episodes. Things may look grim but Mando has a HELL of a bench to pull from. Ashoka would be first pick for that kickball team.

Plus I bet whoever Grogu put the call out to. Seems like the only canonical choices are Cal Kestus, Ezra Bridger, or Luke Fukkin' Skywalker, which could be kind of cool if handled right. I trust them not to make it too stupid-- I didn't think I wanted Boba back but this ep made me a believer. It would be amazing if they did some scenes with Sebastian Stan in the role and kept it under wraps.

Not to mention a lot of real fighters could easily/ do have a belly. The beer gut dude who can wreck people (including overly ripped assholes who can lift but not fight) is totally a thing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

How many other Jedi have kicked a dark jedi in the dick like Cal does with Taron Malicos though?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Red posted:

Given how heavily this show has used callbacks while peppering in new characters, I have to think the Jedi that comes is someone we've never met.

The lady we saw for two seconds in episode 4

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's Frog Lady's kids, all grown up

...They live for like a week anyway, so...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LionArcher posted:

Lmao, how many goons missed who this character was? [edit] Oh wait, wrong episode. Did you mean episode 3? Lol.

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 5, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My animatronic Grogu arrived for myself for my kid’s Christmas gift. It’s mega adorable when he does the magic hands thing. Gotta teach him how to force choke an rear end in a top hat though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LionArcher posted:

Not to mention a lot of real fighters could easily/ do have a belly. The beer gut dude who can wreck people (including overly ripped assholes who can lift but not fight) is totally a thing.

I'm totally down with Boba Fatt

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I've been on board with the episodic, RPG-esque nature of the show so far, especially since it has introduced a lot of fun, pulpy genre narrative elements, but this episode kind of sucked. The whole set piece battle felt cheap in a Stargate kind of way, and Boba Fett was reintroduced in the most uninteresting and cringeworthy manner possible. All the tension of having Boba demand his armour back but not being able to get it was completely deflated by having him just take it in the end, and his performance fully armed honestly felt like it was written by a 12-year-old.

The show has had its lovely fanservice moments, but overall it's resisted really leaning into them. If this episode is any indication of how they're going to handle things going forward, though, I'm starting to lost interest.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

LionArcher posted:

who?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Did love Boba mimicking Jango's gun twirl before holstering his blaster.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
:wrong:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Radio! posted:

Also didn't they change Poe's background as a Republic Navy vet from the Rucka novel to a space drug dealer in TROS?

This was such a hilarious retcon and showed that story group is worthless. (And just done to show that Poe definitely doesn't have the gays.)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Alchenar posted:

It's forgivable to me because Fallen Order is absolutely not a story driven game.

It really, really tries to be, though, which is one of the reasons it sucks so bad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LionArcher posted:

The chonk isn't an issue except it makes his cuirass the size of a postage stamp and looks silly as a form of protection. Get that man to the Armorer for a refit

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

This is the weight

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Why can Kanan cut two legs off an AT-AT but luke has to use a grapling hook, go up, slash it open then toss in a grenade?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Its Rinaldo posted:

The chonk isn't an issue except it makes his cuirass the size of a postage stamp and looks silly as a form of protection. Get that man to the Armorer for a refit

As I said upthread, the chestplate is sitting where it's supposed to. If it goes lower it interferes with the ability to lean forward.

Dude just needs to get a proper waist belt and codpiece to finish the look. The real issue with Mando armor is the complete lack of ribcage protection on the flanks.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 5, 2020

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Arcsquad12 posted:

As I said upthread, the chestplate is sitting where it's supposed to. If it goes lower it interferes with the ability to lean forward.

Dude just needs to get a proper waist belt and codpiece to finish the look. The real issue with Mando armor is the complete lack of ribcage protection on the flanks.

It seems like it does a pretty good job protecting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order body parts.. a sapi for the ribs would make sense tho

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
The fabric covering the sides and other body parts is clearly cortosis-beskar-weave armor. :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Arcsquad12 posted:

After looking at at some side by sides of Boba and Mando yeah you're right it just looks so ill fitting with the dinky shoulders, like the armor was designed to be more maneuverable and sleek but that's lost on a bigger dude. Like Paz Vizla's armor

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Spookydonut posted:

Why can Kanan cut two legs off an AT-AT but luke has to use a grapling hook, go up, slash it open then toss in a grenade?

Luke is kinda dumb

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Consider the costume budget when fett was designed and it should be obvious why his armor looks like that

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spookydonut posted:

Consider the costume budget when fett was designed and it should be obvious why his armor looks like that

In trying to figure out how tall original Boba Fett was, I discovered Temura Morrison is 5'7 :eyepop:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

After looking at at some side by sides of Boba and Mando yeah you're right it just looks so ill fitting with the dinky shoulders, like the armor was designed to be more maneuverable and sleek but that's lost on a bigger dude. Like Paz Vizla's armor

Did that guy make it outta season one? Man I hope he comes back and goes HWG on some stormtroopers in the finale.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Cartoon Man posted:

Did that guy make it outta season one? Man I hope he comes back and goes HWG on some stormtroopers in the finale.

They all died besides the Armorer who I assume died soon after.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cartoon Man posted:

I don't think they showed his helmet so maybe!?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Probably another situation where it depends on if the plot requires it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now I'm wondering if any of the beskar the Armorer didn't recover was reforged to make the Dark Troopers.

Calling it now, the Dark Troopers are made of Beskar, Mando will have to fight dark side gremlin clones of Grogu and the New Republic will show up to attack Gideon's fleet because Mando managed to pull his faulty transponder from the wreckage and they still want to give him a ticket but they get pulled into a space battle.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If we get a space battle before it’s all said and done, I want those two Xwing pilots to show up and just absolutely wreck Gideon’s tie fighters all by themselves like it’s just another Tuesday at the office.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

If we get a space battle before it’s all said and done, I want those two Xwing pilots to show up and just absolutely wreck Gideon’s tie fighters all by themselves like it’s just another Tuesday at the office.

In lieu of Rogue Squadron, this would be acceptable.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

“Hey Larry, how the kids doing? Daughter in college yet? Oops, hang on, they launched another squadron of ties.”

PEW PEW PEW

“So we still on for happy hour?”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Radio! posted:

Also didn't they change Poe's background as a Republic Navy vet from the Rucka novel to a space drug dealer in TROS?

It's not made clear exactly what timeframe the drug dealer stuff took place on, so both can still be true. It was just Abrams being a hack and quickly throwing in some bullshit to make Poe "more complex" and excuse introducing a bunch of new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/paul_haine/status/1334866682133815300