Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

The filthiest thing about MF is when you complete collector and have dark harvest as well

Your ult gets to the point where it can sweep teams since any damage you do that would put someone below 5% instantly kills them, including dark harvest I believe. She feels ridiculously powerful as a result.

Unfortunately they're removing the funniest part of the collector next week, specifically that it affects minions as well so completing it means it becomes effectively impossible to miss a cs regardless of what you do. It makes jhin and mf into insane power farmers

To note, the reason why MF with collector sweeps teams is that her ult can crit and collector gives you 20% crit. If it didn’t have any crit then it wouldn’t be remotely worth it, as you might as well build the other lethality items, but that’s the only lethality and crit item.

You’ll maybe see MF start building some of the crit items that got lowered to 2500 instead of collector, depending on how well she performs with Duskblade instead of eclipse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Where are the notes for the upcoming patch?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Where are the notes for the upcoming patch?
Not the full notes but a rundown of the expected changes.

https://twitter.com/markyetter/status/1333928723431579649?s=21

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I think official patch notes drop when the patch releases in OCE (or whichever region gets it first due to time zones), which is 2PM EST the day before patch day for NA

Surrender at 20 keeps a running list of all the current balance changes and new content on the PBE

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

The fact that anyone considers Miss Fortune's default appearance visually appealing is appalling. Her skins are real good though.

Speaking of MF, she is utterly filthy with Duskblade. The amount of frontloaded burst is hilarious.

yeah i cant think of why anyone would be attracted to an attractive woman with big, fat, heaving tits

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
The Kayn hits feel like they're gonna be pretty brutal, but on the other hand there are a ton of Ivern buffs.

Down to see Eclipse/Collector nerfs. God knows I'm tired of Jhin building the two and being bursty as poo poo even against tanks

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

strong bird posted:

yeah i cant think of why anyone would be attracted to an attractive woman with big, fat, heaving tits

wasn't there some weird as gently caress *official* lore involving her tits at the MF release time before they retconned and removed all lore

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

strong bird posted:

Her base design is dumb and bad regardless of how big her tits are.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ya idk how kayn is going to survive with TEN!!! less dmage on his Q

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

CYBEReris posted:

"this champion's visuals are appealing to me" is really vague and can be interpreted too many ways to be a useful heuristic. are their particles cool? do they move around in a satisfying way? do they have massive polygonal tits? people might even factor in audio without realizing.

Even if that image is accurate, without a more indepth understanding of the Chinese translation of that question they used, its plausible that that used words that would bias any kind of result.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

ya idk how kayn is going to survive with TEN!!! less dmage on his Q

You'd be surprised, it's 10 less damage at all levels, and a extra second to the cooldown -and- 3 less armor, for a jungler that can be devastating, suddenly you need to take a extra hit from every raptor in the camp and it's more damage to boot, your entire route ends up a little bit slower and less healthy and you go from being able to contest scuttle as soon as it spawns with 100% health to showing up 5-10 seconds late to the spawn with less health and a enemy jungler waiting for you there.

It can turn into a real snowball effect.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You'd be surprised, it's 10 less damage at all levels, and a extra second to the cooldown -and- 3 less armor, for a jungler that can be devastating, suddenly you need to take a extra hit from every raptor in the camp and it's more damage to boot, your entire route ends up a little bit slower and less healthy and you go from being able to contest scuttle as soon as it spawns with 100% health to showing up 5-10 seconds late to the spawn with less health and a enemy jungler waiting for you there.

I think a lot of people underestimate just how much minor changes can completely change how a champ plays early game. 10 damage could be an extra auto per jungle monster/spell rotation per camp, which compounds to slow down level/gank/item timings. Champs have fallen out of meta completely for something as simple as when J4 lost 10 armor passive on his E.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Action George posted:

I think a lot of people underestimate just how much minor changes can completely change how a champ plays early game. 10 damage could be an extra auto per jungle monster/spell rotation per camp, which compounds to slow down level/gank/item timings. Champs have fallen out of meta completely for something as simple as when J4 lost 10 armor passive on his E.

A recent example I've experienced is when they reduced Karthus's Q by 5 damage, seems like a small number, but it absolutely gutted the speed and safety of his clears and dueling and suddenly he went from a extremely safe, powerful, consistent top tier jungle pick to straight into the garbage, the season 11 changes did him no favors either, went from a high win% jungler to 45%.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

it doesnt and its all a placebo, the hosed up reality is that it works too

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Biowarfare posted:

wasn't there some weird as gently caress *official* lore involving her tits at the MF release time before they retconned and removed all lore

TAXED TO CONTAIN HER

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The classic example of this was when Graves got hit with -3 AD back in S9 and lost a substantial amount of both pickrate and winrate. League is a game where having a little bit more (or a little less) health/mana/gold can cause dramatic swings in the flow of the game.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Nah not really. It matters to pro players and it trickles down to the normies. Even then the minor nerfs and buffs don’t make them unplayable just not the go to pick.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

strong bird posted:

it doesnt and its all a placebo, the hosed up reality is that it works too

https://youtu.be/RDxiuHdR_T4

The early game does run on pretty tight margins but yeah it's also this. People know that there's been a nerf and if affects their play and decision-making, even if the nerf really is very minor.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Everyone remembers the 0.25s cooldown increase on Zoe when she was in her reign of terror. All most people see of this stuff is [champion] nerfed, and that's enough for them to stop picking something. Though League has yet to have anything as galaxy brained as the time a gun that was dominating Fortnite fell off a cliff after they just changed its tier colour.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Sure the 3-4 damage changes probably don't have as extreme as an impact as people make it out to be. But, kayn had 1 second taken off his Q at some point last season (so this nerf is really just a revert), and I remember this thread getting excited how much this would strengthen his early clear and improve his team fight potential. 1 second on a low cool down ability is huge.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The way it's been explained to me by my high-tier ranked friend is that removing Caitlyn's 2 AD, for example, makes it slightly more difficult for top tier players to last hit properly while also still harassing or trading or whatever, which seems like it probably makes sense but also still doesn't explain how it's supposed to affect the other 95% of people who play the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Because it also makes last hitting and trading slightly more difficult for them too.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I just mean, like - as a low tier garbage Twitch player, my concern when I'm against a Caitlyn is "I can't get near minions because all of the spots I want to be are traps that give her free infinite range crits on me and she's constantly shooting me with a skillshot that I can only possibly dodge if I'm at a far enough range and paying close enough attention to her instead of the minions I'm also supposed to be last hitting and even if we do manage to sneak around and initiate a fight on her she just dashes away with a move that is also a move that does damage to me and slows me and gives her another crit and then when we turn to try and disengage she ults me from under the tower and I die."

And then they're like "we're removing 2 AD from Caitlyn" and I'm like "okay? thanks? ?? ?"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bleck posted:

The way it's been explained to me by my high-tier ranked friend is that removing Caitlyn's 2 AD, for example, makes it slightly more difficult for top tier players to last hit properly while also still harassing or trading or whatever, which seems like it probably makes sense but also still doesn't explain how it's supposed to affect the other 95% of people who play the game.

Basically: very small differences add up in aggregate. -2 AD on Caitlyn will increase the number of games where the Caitlyn player misses enough CS or takes bad enough trades that they have to take a bad back, or the number of games where they'll be unable to secure an early kill because someone lived on 12 HP when they would've died before the nerf, and those differences will then occasionally be enough to swing those games against them. Even if the increase in these sorts of circumstances post-nerf is infinitesimal on an individual level - you'll maybe get one game out of a hundred where you can actually feel the nerf - it starts to have a real effect on winrate when multiplied over millions of games and millions of players.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they dont

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's also worth remembering that all the busted aspects of a character's kit can only work if the character is functionally playable in that way.

to use an old, weird example that sticks with me: naga siren at the 2012 dota international was completely bugfuck insane and picked or banned every game because she walked into mid lane, last hit very easily, had high armor so she was difficult to poke, had great wave clear, one of the best ultimates in the game, and late game carrying potential. she was the third-best character on the patch after morphling and lycanthrope, who both got completely loving dumpstered by the next patch. what did they do to naga siren?

she had her base ad reduced by 6, taking her from slightly above-average to slightly below average, and she became completely unplayable as a midlaner while retaining all the incredibly powerful utility her kit brought with her if you played her as a safe lane carry or totally shifted gears and used her as a support. a character can have a bunch of crazy abilities and simply not have the stats to leverage them. "-6 ad" matters a lot.

for an example closer to home, pantheon is super good as a support and simply doesn't have enough numbers to function as a top laner without being overpowered as hell in other roles, so they keep fiddling with his new kit to try and make him better as a carry and worse as a low economy early game powerhouse.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

i get that it may not sound like much because the numbers are small but sometimes small number cause big problem even though small number is small

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Monicro posted:

Kindred is not a top 16 champion visually. they are obviously top 3 at the least

kindreds good but i cant help but think of that artist that did like a trillion pictures of basically what kindred is now, but years before she was released. yeah its not a unique aesthetic but at the time it struck me as weirdly similar

jhin on the other hand, #1 with a bullet

fnox
May 19, 2013

I don't think 10 less damage on Q is going to hurt Kayn. Not because I don't think thats not a meaningful nerf, but that he's far and away the best loving jungler in the game right now. As in, he has no weak matchups right now because all the poo poo that would normally hurt him is trash tier. None of the tank junglers can hold him down long enough to apply Grievous wounds for a sufficiently long time to prevent him from destroying your entire team while staying at full health due to Red Kayn's healing plus Goredrinker.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Smol posted:

Wait, Riot is actually putting out videos like this one these days :laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1RjqonnU7M

This is gross as gently caress and I really hate everything about it.

The worst part is that this fake parasocial marketing bullshit is just going to get worse and worse from here unless there's a huge backlash against it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

fnox posted:

I don't think 10 less damage on Q is going to hurt Kayn. Not because I don't think thats not a meaningful nerf, but that he's far and away the best loving jungler in the game right now. As in, he has no weak matchups right now because all the poo poo that would normally hurt him is trash tier. None of the tank junglers can hold him down long enough to apply Grievous wounds for a sufficiently long time to prevent him from destroying your entire team while staying at full health due to Red Kayn's healing plus Goredrinker.

Again its not the 10 damage alone, it's the hits to cooldown and armor. It's not catastrophic but it will be a meaningful hit he deserves.

More to the point a shitload of junglers are getting buffed so that should widen up the pool a lot. It looks like anyone that enjoys Ivern is gonna have a great time. Taliyah also looks like she's getting a huge boost to her clear as well

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Make Taliyah a mid laner again

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smol posted:

Make Taliyah a mid laner again

I dunno if we'll ever see mid Taliyah again, honestly. She got booted out for her waveclear being too good, but without her waveclear, she's really just a more conditional TF in terms of overall role. Her being able to jungle at least gives her a niche to fill compared to mid.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Biowarfare posted:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

strong bird posted:

i'm attracted to that one splash art of hers where her left hand had five fingers and a thumb

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

It looks like anyone that enjoys Ivern is gonna have a great time.

Yeah, those Ivern buffs coming are pretty insane for him, 2 seconds off his most used abilities and higher ratios and a daisy attack speed buff? he is going to shoot up in power.

Considering he was hovering around 47% winrate with a terrible pickrate this might make a dent into both.
Can't say I have any clue what his ideal build is this season though.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 6, 2020

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah, those Ivern buffs coming are pretty insane for him, 2 seconds off his most used abilities and higher ratios and a daisy attack speed buff? he is going to shoot up in power.

Considering he was hovering around 47% winrate with a terrible pickrate this might make a dent into both.
Can't say I have any clue what his ideal build is this season though.

The only thing I could guess would be ability haste and a ton of it for as much uptime on E as possible, and probably Redemption somewhere in there

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Lmao. Well, they're straight up about it I guess

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Servaetes posted:

The Kayn hits feel like they're gonna be pretty brutal, but on the other hand there are a ton of Ivern buffs.

Down to see Eclipse/Collector nerfs. God knows I'm tired of Jhin building the two and being bursty as poo poo even against tanks

fun ivern fact: he's been the top win rate ARAM champ for, i literally can't even remember. well over a consecutive year now