Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

most of the leaked footage of early missions that overlaps the officially released footage is pretty close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

neogaf went full loving chud because the owner no longer cared and basicaly let the door open. meanwhile resetera still has the delusion that they are some great city on a hill in the greater "gaming" community. i mean we are a dying forum started by a wife beating sack of poo poo and we have one of the best game forums on the net.

As someone who used to post on Neogaf I can confirm that gaming section here is so much better and lacks all the industry rear end eating. It’s also hilarious that it went full CHUD. Couldn’t happen to a finer place. And considering who cast over to form resetera I’m not surprised it actually turned into an equally toxic inverse. Oh for additional laughs the putz who ran Neogaf (who was at the very least a sex pest) turned down offers to sell it for tons of money previously.

I mean we have industry people post here (Paradox devs especially and ropekid), but it’s not sycophantic. I mean Jesus Christ people would slobber over Gary Whitta.

Best dead forums anywhere.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah i lurk there for news and its funny/sad how loving insane that place has gotten. like i get where folks come with their issues with CDPR and they have done at best tonedeaf stuff but some of the stuff the resetera thread still comes off as reaches they are desperate to say "actually everyone there is richard spencer level chuds". also, i am pretty sure a bunch of the writers and devs in cdpr are LGBTQ+. anyway.

the dude on resetera basically didn't say the correct wording about the OP of the OT and so the main thread gassed and activism anti-cdpr thread is talking about how resetera setting an example will show the gaming community the truth or some sad poo poo.

https://twitter.com/Svalra/status/1334735833799270401

This is what really irks me about the situation. I don't want to play corpo defender, but CDPR admitted that they bungled things with 'Mix It Up' ad thing, and have been trying to make amends for it. Hell, it's probably part of the reason why we have 'Penis 2'. I'm not saying that they should get a free pass for doing crunch or that they're a poor, put-upon company who's just trying to get by; they're still open to criticism. However, it's clear that they acknowledged the criticism and tried to work towards having some form of positive trans representation, what with the expanded character creation and featuring trans musician Sophie in the game.

Despite that, though, ResetEra has been on the warpath against them ever since the ad controversy.

At some point, you just ask, "What do you want them to do?" Do you want them to donate half the game's profits to a charity? Should the game just be scrapped and the company dissolved? I don't know.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

You can technically bee-line the Witcher 3, but in doing so you miss out on a poo poo-ton of sub-plots that get cancelled as they dovetail into the main plot.

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
I doubt the delay was for console cert issues. Having done console QA in the past, most certs are very basic functionality tests like "Game pauses when controller disconnects" "When this button is pressed, this desired action occurs within this timeframe." etc. I am fully open that I might be completely wrong, but console certs were barely a concern as they were easy to test and fix barring a major clusterfuck. I mean, they were a huge concern for the studio to make sure they passed, but like I said, it was always basic functionality and expected results from specific inputs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

As someone who used to post on Neogaf I can confirm that gaming section here is so much better and lacks all the industry rear end eating. It’s also hilarious that it went full CHUD. Couldn’t happen to a finer place. And considering who cast over to form resetera I’m not surprised it actually turned into an equally toxic inverse. Oh for additional laughs the putz who ran Neogaf (who was at the very least a sex pest) turned down offers to sell it for tons of money previously.

I mean we have industry people post here (Paradox devs especially and ropekid), but it’s not sycophantic. I mean Jesus Christ people would slobber over Gary Whitta.

yeah. resetera and such just come off as sad especially if half the poo poo i heard about the weird gently caress up mod discords i heard is true. my guess is restera will have some major shitshow when the game comes out and gets mostly glowing reviews with maybe a couple hot takes from the usual suspects and a couple actual interesting but critical takes from maybe polygon.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The game is made in a country that has cities with "LGBT-FREE" neighborhoods, that it has any lgbtq+ content at all is good.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
be careful y'all, if you are the bar too low cdpr might trip over it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Max Wilco posted:

This is what really irks me about the situation. I don't want to play corpo defender, but CDPR admitted that they bungled things with 'Mix It Up' ad thing, and have been trying to make amends for it. Hell, it's probably part of the reason why we have 'Penis 2'. I'm not saying that they should get a free pass for doing crunch or that they're a poor, put-upon company who's just trying to get by; they're still open to criticism. However, it's clear that they acknowledged the criticism and tried to work towards having some form of positive trans representation, what with the expanded character creation and featuring trans musician Sophie in the game.

Despite that, though, ResetEra has been on the warpath against them ever since the ad controversy.

At some point, you just ask, "What do you want them to do?" Do you want them to donate half the game's profits to a charity? Should the game just be scrapped and the company dissolved? I don't know.

i know a bunch of people were mad the george floyd protests wernt gonna be in the game and a bunch of articles took an interview out of contexts for clicks over it. basicaly someone asked if george floyd protests were gonna be a quest or referenced in game and the devs said while they talk about police brutality and such, that george floyd protests won't be in the game and folks got dumb and mad. like i am pretty sure the game potrays cops accurately. https://youtu.be/alw1QQ-_VZs?t=106 so lol.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I said come in! posted:

No they have had it for a few days now. Its a massive improvement over what we saw at first.

No they don't. A dev confirmed it was a patch but not the full day 1.

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1334562994748002308?s=20

Dilber fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 6, 2020

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Max Wilco posted:

the internet sucks rear end basically

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. resetera and such just come off as sad especially if half the poo poo i heard about the weird gently caress up mod discords i heard is true. my guess is restera will have some major shitshow when the game comes out and gets mostly glowing reviews with maybe a couple hot takes from the usual suspects and a couple actual interesting but critical takes from maybe polygon.

Pray tell about the weird gently caress up mod discord...not to digress too much, but I have to admit them being clusterfucks ready to implode would be hilarious. But yeah when then brain trust loses it they really love to go into purge mode...much like Neogaf.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

at a certain point you realize nothing will appease certain people and stop trying altogether

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The «mix it up» ad is still prominent in all the leaked videos, so people will still have issues with it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ymgve posted:

The «mix it up» ad is still prominent in all the leaked videos, so people will still have issues with it.

I kind of want to ask what that is...but judging by everyone I probably don’t want to know.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I kind of want to ask what that is...but judging by everyone I probably don’t want to know.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/trans-poster posted:

A new Cyberpunk 2077 screenshot released this week was intended to show off the game’s ray tracing support, but one particular detail caught a different sort of attention. An in-game soft drink advertisement in the background says “mix it up.” That slogan is accompanied by an image of a female figure in a revealing bodysuit, and the exaggerated outline of a penis is clearly visible through the clothing.

Concerns have been raised over the image from a variety of angles, asking whether it’s a joke at the expense of transgender people, or if it’s an attempt to satirize the idea of corporate interests commodifying trans bodies. Some have found it difficult to give CD Projekt Red the benefit of the doubt after social media gaffes referencing transphobic jokes.

According to art director Kasia Redesiuk, the ad is indeed meant to represent the overreach of advertising from dystopian megacorporations. “Hypersexualization is apparent everywhere,” Redesiuk tells Polygon, “and in our ads there are many examples of hypersexualized women, hypersexualized men, and hypersexualized people in between.

“This is all to show that [much like in our modern world], hypersexualization in advertisements is just terrible. It was a conscious choice on our end to show that in this world — a world where you are a cyberpunk, a person fighting against corporations. That [advertisement] is what you’re fighting against.”

Redesiuk adds, “I think that sexy bodies are sexy. Full disclosure: I love female bodies. I love male bodies. I love bodies in between. This is who I am. However, I hate it when it’s used commercially. And that’s exactly what we want to show by doing this, by showing how big corporations use people’s bodies against them.”

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's basically a fake ad for a fictional in-game product that features a person with feminine features, that is wearing skintight clothing, and has both large breasts and a large penis visibly straining against the fabric of their clothing. It's perfectly in line with the tasteless corporate pandering seen throughout the rest of the game, but apparently there's some debate as to whether it's a parody of overly-sexualized fetishistic advertising, or an implicit endorsement of it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my take on it is that content existing doesn't mean the developers are endorsing that point of view

like GTA games have some legitimately terrible poo poo, its kind of hard to portray a lovely hosed up world without problematic themes

i guess it depends on whether you believe they were trying to make a joke at the expense of trans people, or trying to create stuff that fits in the world

kinda reminds me of poo poo like this personally

https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1333864567877881856

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Neogaf went off the deep end into a total shitshow, that's what happens when you got someone that is basically another Lowtax in real life. Resetera was made with the best intentions and I'll admit I do agree on many of the issues they discuss but so often they tend to over react. It's like a dog with a bone. They like to say they talk and discuss the issues but lord help you if they decide that you said something wrong. Been people banned as trolls that really weren't, a mod didn't like what they said and that was it. That began to bother me as I saw it happen more and more, you could tell people were walking on eggshells and a lot of folk began to avoid certain threads because even if you agreed with them you could end up banned for not going all in. It's why certain groups began to say others didn't care and weren't saying anything. People weren't saying anything because they got afraid if they said the wrong thing even if they supported the issue they could get banned for it. Some there don't get that.
It's why I had my own account closed down, I got tired of the self righteous bullshit. Being a poster here helped make that decision so much easier.

Oh and for the record, they chased off Gary Whitta some time ago on the old board. He was not the first, nor the last they will do that to.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
Has CDPR released a statement on murder? Are they pro or anti murder?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

eonwe posted:

my take on it is that content existing doesn't mean the developers are endorsing that point of view

like GTA games have some legitimately terrible poo poo, its kind of hard to portray a lovely hosed up world without problematic themes

i guess it depends on whether you believe they were trying to make a joke at the expense of trans people, or trying to create stuff that fits in the world

Yeah, say it with me:

"Depiction does not equal condoning"

If your story has a murderer and he's the villain then its doing the opposite of supporting murder. You have to bring something up to comment on it.

Nature of art that people misconstrue intent all over the place. And some parts of Cyberpunk writing may be better than others but they seem to be trying to do cool stuff.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 6, 2020

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

The Last Call posted:

Neogaf went off the deep end into a total shitshow, that's what happens when you got someone that is basically another Lowtax in real life. Resetera was made with the best intentions and I'll admit I do agree on many of the issues they discuss but so often they tend to over react. It's like a dog with a bone. They like to say they talk and discuss the issues but lord help you if they decide that you said something wrong. Been people banned as trolls that really weren't, a mod didn't like what they said and that was it. That began to bother me as I saw it happen more and more, you could tell people were walking on eggshells and a lot of folk began to avoid certain threads because even if you agreed with them you could end up banned for not going all in. It's why certain groups began to say others didn't care and weren't saying anything. People weren't saying anything because they got afraid if they said the wrong thing even if they supported the issue they could get banned for it. Some there don't get that.
It's why I had my own account closed down, I got tired of the self righteous bullshit. Being a poster here helped make that decision so much easier.

Oh and for the record, they chased off Gary Whitta some time ago on the old board. He was not the first, nor the last they will do that to.

reset era is the most sanctimonious shithole on the net and there's a lot of sanctimonious shitholes on the net

I just went there and they have a sticky deriding cdpr lmao

even though they're all gonna buy the game and have multiple giddy threads on it

all talk, no walk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I guess some people will just have to keep "having issues" with it then, oh dear.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im super excited to play, im gonna spend at least an hour in the character creator

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, say it with me:

"Depiction does not equal condoning"

If your story has a murderer and he's the villain then its doing the opposite of supporting murder. You have to bring something up to comment on it.

Nature of art that people misconstrue intent all over the place. And some parts of Cyberpunk writing may be better than others but they seem to be trying to do cool stuff.

I will bet you dollars to donuts the weird transphobic ads are not addressed in any way shape or form in the game and according to the dude who played the entire game : this view is accurate

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
Can we get CDPR to remove ray tracing from the game? I feel that making a corporate hellscape artistically appealing sends the wrong message and will just make people think privatized fascism is cool.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wonder if there were months long campaigns to destroy Rockstar over a screenshot of a GTA V in-game billboard.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

eonwe posted:

This mostly reminds me of that lady who was worried she was encouraging fascism by letting her son dress up as a star wars stormtrooper for halloween

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wolfsheim posted:

This mostly reminds me of that lady who was worried she was encouraging fascism by letting her son dress up as a star wars stormtrooper for halloween

She was right, promoting Disney is promoting fascism.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sedisp posted:

I will bet you dollars to donuts the weird transphobic ads are not addressed in any way shape or form in the game and according to the dude who played the entire game : this view is accurate

There's equally exploitative ads about heterosexuals and that's a main part of literally the main theme and message of the game

If you're so sure of that, why are you getting the game?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

She was right, promoting Disney is promoting fascism.

What if she dressed him up as the no ethical consumption under capitalism sonic instead

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

"I let my child dress up as a stormtrooper for Halloween, and years later, he joined the Army. However, they drummed him out two months later once they realized he was never going to pass a marksmanship test."

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean we are a dying forum started by a wife beating sack of poo poo

This, in and of itself, would be enough of a reason for people to try to shut down this dead forum if it weren't for the dead part.

Once a thing in the public eye becomes tainted, like CDPR after the ad debacle, it's like covering that thing in poo poo and watching it attract a swarm of flies. They can even take a giant dump on the ground to appease the flies, but it won't stop the flies from bothering them as long as there's still poo poo on them, and that poo poo ain't coming off any time soon.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

There appears to be unironic "the empire did nothing wrong" people and some of them are in that storm trooper cosplay group so I wouldn't say its something not to be on your radar.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean we are a dying forum started by a wife beating sack of poo poo and we have one of the best game forums on the net.

Out of curiosity, does ResetEra have a postive/negative opinion of Something Awful?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Max Wilco posted:

Out of curiosity, does ResetEra have a postive/negative opinion of Something Awful?

Depending on the person, probably both.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

The Last Call posted:

Resetera was made with the best intentions

It was made to put money in the owner Cerium's pocket, nothing else.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

The Gadfly posted:

This, in and of itself, would be enough of a reason for people to try to shut down this dead forum if it weren't for the dead part.

Once a thing in the public eye becomes tainted, like CDPR after the ad debacle, it's like covering that thing in poo poo and watching it attract a swarm of flies. They can even take a giant dump on the ground to appease the flies, but it won't stop the flies from bothering them as long as there's still poo poo on them, and that poo poo ain't coming off any time soon.

Hoping this impacts CDPR just as much as the several articles about the GTAV torture sequence affected Rockstar

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Last Call posted:

Neogaf went off the deep end into a total shitshow, that's what happens when you got someone that is basically another Lowtax in real life. Resetera was made with the best intentions and I'll admit I do agree on many of the issues they discuss but so often they tend to over react. It's like a dog with a bone. .....

Appreciate the confirmation of what I figured it was going on there.

That’s pretty hilarious about Whitta though.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's basically a fake ad for a fictional in-game product that features a person with feminine features, that is wearing skintight clothing, and has both large breasts and a large penis visibly straining against the fabric of their clothing. It's perfectly in line with the tasteless corporate pandering seen throughout the rest of the game, but apparently there's some debate as to whether it's a parody of overly-sexualized fetishistic advertising, or an implicit endorsement of it.

Yeah and considering in the Cyberpunk timeline most people don’t even have real food to eat...You would figure advertising is atrocious as people are trying to make a buck anyway possible and anything and everything is a potential product.

poo poo you could have products offering you a bigger nose as a symbol of wealth and power, because everything in that timeline is loving turbo nightmare fuel usually...so why not find a way to make money off Anti-Semitic stereotypes.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Gadfly posted:

i haven't heard about any ad debacle

whatever the issue, it was probably a much bigger deal within that community than outside of it