Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Mebh posted:

:magical: What the gently caress.

What on earth is this tosh about Albanians who steal poo poo from lavatories invading us...

Does half the country genuinely read and believe poo poo like this and that's why they voted leave?

Sunday Sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

OwlFancier posted:

How dare you question the journalistic integrity of the paper of record, the sunday sport, world leading reporter on the british celebrity sex dwarf community.

Que?

https://twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/1327702888643178496

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

half this thread believes that most football fans are part of the SS, so it's not surprising

Shut the gently caress up already, this poo poo isn't normal:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

ChairmanGoesWoof posted:

yeah, that's an SS logo. Shut the gently caress up

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Tensions are kinda high all round lately aren't they.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

And it's loving tiring. Look, a skull! NAZI APOLOGIST!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the first one is pretty grainy but it looks the same i guess?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Well I stand corrected then

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

And it's loving tiring. Look, a skull! NAZI APOLOGIST!

i dont think wearing nazi emblems makes you a nazi "apologist" lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well I stand corrected then

Did you actually not know what a totenkopf is?

Like yes skulls are cool, but that specific skull is not one anyone uses except people who think it's cool because the SS used it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

i dont think wearing nazi emblems makes you a nazi "apologist" lol

well apparently knowing a former hooligan makes me a nazi according to the thread hivemind, so there's that

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
UK Marxism Thread: yeah, that's an SS logo. Shut the gently caress up

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

UK Marxism Thread: yeah, that's an SS logo. Shut the gently caress up

it's a mea culpa on me, I only associate the SS with the lightning SS logo because I don't look into that poo poo further than that

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I tried looking for the UK thread in C-Spam and as usual it is loving dead. I regret reading the last few pages of this thread. Anyway, this is how you deal with football hooligans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOhQp8ENmzs&t=323s

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"People are defined forever by actions many years ago and must never have any form of growth, change, or redemption" is one of the tenets of progressive thought, of course.

Also lol at all the people who are suddenly experts on football hooliganism now.

To be a reformed ex-fascist, one must first be an ex-fascist.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just gonna spend a few pages defending a fascist group's fascist icon without actually knowing what is a fascist icon and what isn't, nbd

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

it's a mea culpa on me, I only associate the SS with the lightning SS logo because I don't look into that poo poo further than that

Did you not see the Mitchell and Webb sketch?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I don't know much about football hooligans but I did watch I.D. once.

Good movie that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I.D._(1995_film)

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

well apparently knowing a former hooligan makes me a nazi according to the thread hivemind, so there's that

Nobody has even called you a Nazi. No one thinks you're a Nazi. I mean you didn't even know what a Totenkopf was so you'd make a terrible Nazi, to be honest. Maybe ask your mate about it?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Valko posted:

I tried looking for the UK thread in C-Spam and as usual it is loving dead. I regret reading the last few pages of this thread. Anyway, this is how you deal with football hooligans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOhQp8ENmzs&t=323s

This was a formative night for any Irish lad around my age. Apparently they got battered, shipped back on the ferry, and then the British police were waiting to kick the poo poo out of them again when they arrived.

Not usually on the side of police brutality, but when it's Combat 18 :hmmyes:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

...nobody I could see (albeit, it's been a few pages of intense discussion) said YOU are a fascist.

Plenty of people said you're probably friends with one.

And, you know, he is apparently part of a group that wears a totenkopf and takes joy in going out and beating up people just for supporting other teams, so it seems not unlikely they're right.

Bad people can be quite personable when you're not among their targets. It's like... a huge part of their recruiting strategy.

So yeah, your mate, who if I've understood correctly is a member of the Chelsea Headhunters, a group whose logo is a literal copy of a nazi tank regiment's logo, is probably a fascist, or at least, very closely associated with them.

Might wanna look to that.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

ChairmanGoesWoof posted:

obviously someone goggled tottenkopf to make their hooligan banner but obviously didnt realize the little 6 means its specifically the logo for Death in June

Unless they are nazis and also really into neo-folk, which honestly is like 85% of people into neofolk

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
That's a rubbish drawing of a skull.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

kustomkarkommando posted:

obviously someone goggled tottenkopf to make their hooligan banner but obviously didnt realize the little 6 means its specifically the logo for Death in June

Unless they are nazis and also really into neo-folk, which honestly is like 85% of people into neofolk

Neofolk? Is that neo-Nazi folk music? Just when you thought their crimes against humanity couldn’t get any worse.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's probably just a derivative style of folk music but neo nazis are into weird stuff.

I think synthwave had a bit of a nazi infestation too but some of it is also quite gay which is nice.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

therattle posted:

Neofolk? Is that neo-Nazi folk music? Just when you thought their crimes against humanity couldn’t get any worse.

Technically gothy folk music made by people associated with the industrial music scene. Large number of artists involved just coincidentally where really into using lots and lots of nazi imagery, neopaganism, evola's brand of traditionalism and being actual members of the National Front.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

OwlFancier posted:

It's probably just a derivative style of folk music but neo nazis are into weird stuff.

I think synthwave had a bit of a nazi infestation too but some of it is also quite gay which is nice.

They tried to take over synthwave but got absolutely denied lol, some fash dropped like two tracks and everyone told them to gently caress off

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/karlbykarlsmith/status/1335298807022628866

The Sensible Centrist Squirrels in this bloke's head are particularly rowdy tonight.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

therattle posted:

There's a very bad sideshow to the folk music scene (regardless of what you think about folk music). It's not surprising when you consider that being "authentically volkisch" is Nazi poo poo.

It's not that far removed from Nazi punk in terms of "we used some Nazi symbols to shock people and oh look there's actual neo-Nazis now" poo poo and I really wish people would learn that's just what happens and not loving do it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Guavanaut posted:

There's a very bad sideshow to the folk music scene (regardless of what you think about folk music). It's not surprising when you consider that being "authentically volkisch" is Nazi poo poo.

It's not that far removed from Nazi punk in terms of "we used some Nazi symbols to shock people and oh look there's actual neo-Nazis now" poo poo and I really wish people would learn that's just what happens and not loving do it.

You’re probably right. I should reconsider my smooth jazz band’s costumes.

Some folk music is ok. There is merit in every genre (maybe in some more than others), but it may not all be to one’s taste.

Technically gothy folk music made by people associated with the industrial music scene. Large number of artists involved just coincidentally where really into using lots and lots of nazi imagery, neopaganism, evola's brand of traditionalism and being actual members of the National Front.

The mind boggles.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
boogle should be a search engine for dance moves.

booble should be... never mind.

edit. lol it is.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Football is what English people have in the absence of recreational sectarian violence imo

only the Scots managed to combine the two - they are a very inventive people, the Scots

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Haha loving lol I didn't know what a totenkopf was either until this very page but, and this may seem crazy, I wouldn't associate with anyone known to be in a violent football gang no matter how much they knew about football tactics.

Posters going "people can change" are idiots if the person in question is still a proud member of said "firm" or whatever pathetic word they use for their dumb club

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have absolutely no idea what anyone was hoping to get out of the previous couple pages

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

crispix posted:

Football is what English people have in the absence of recreational sectarian violence imo

only the Scots managed to combine the two - they are a very inventive people, the Scots

You used to get the same KAH vs FTP arguments in online gaming but it’s all secure cloud stuff now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I was very careful not to suggest you were a nazi. Don't think anyone actually did, but you don't actually seem willing to engage with the fact your mate willingly associated with a group with pretty serious far right bona fides. That doesn't make you a nazi or a sympathiser.

I still quite like Current 93 and Sol Invictus despite the dodginess of the scene because I am dumb like that. I know Tony Wakeford of Sol Invictus was a National Front member at one point. Bunch of unpleasant fuckers but interesting music is one of those blindspots I have where I'll hand wave away fash by going "well at least I just download their music rather than buy it".

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/karlbykarlsmith/status/1335298807022628866

The Sensible Centrist Squirrels in this bloke's head are particularly rowdy tonight.

Hot take but I'd rather stay in this union than join another one that rivals this one for shittiness.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i have absolutely no idea what anyone was hoping to get out of the previous couple pages

a headache?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

stev posted:

Thinking about it, almost all of the books have at least one major scene/fight that takes place in a toilet. :magemage:

They really do don't they?

Philosphers Stone - Big scary troll invades girls toilet
Chamber of Secrets - Girls toilet is where they brew the potion to change their bodies (also that toilet is haunted by a girl that got killed by a snake in it years ago)
Prisoner of Azkaban - ????
Goblet of Fire - Fancy prefect bathroom is where Cedric and Harry figure out the egg puzzle/get perved on by the ghost girl
Order of the Phoenix - People get into the government by flushing themselves down the toilet
Half-Blood Prince - Harry nearly kills Draco in the girls toilet
Deathly Hallows - Voldemort invades Harrys brain, he goes to the toilet to cry and be sick

It's not enough to be a theme exactly but she does love a toilet.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vitamin P posted:

Prisoner of Azkaban - ????

Azkaban--> rear end-Cabin --> Toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is admittedly an old article but lol

https://twitter.com/existentialcoms/status/1335351514991226880?s=19